PDA

View Full Version : rise and fall of wcw dvd...

BARF
08-26-2009, 03:25 AM
just bought it and saw it, brings back a lot of memories, on when wrestling looked real, and it was wrestling.

SpaceMountain16
08-27-2009, 01:38 AM
I didn't even know it was out yet. I was pretty interested in picking it up, even though i'm sure the WWE puts a WWE spin on it and makes WCW out to be really lame and un-threatening.

BARF
08-27-2009, 02:21 AM
not really, they did a good job, i was just watching some of the matches, steamboat/flair, and 2 of my fav tag teams rocknroll/midnight express, the memories, of when they use to fight in a cheap *** stage as oppose to now

SpaceMountain16
08-27-2009, 04:06 AM
I just watched it, and i have to agree. Overall very solid. Wasn't the one sided commentary i thought it would be (based on the Ultimate Warrior DVD). They really kept most of the WWE/F guys out of the DVD. I loved how they got Bill Goldberg back to do an interview for it. I wish they could have gotten a more recent Bischoff one too.

Really makes me miss the Monday Night Wars, when wrestling was at it's peak of entertainment.

BARF
08-27-2009, 10:26 AM
yeah i miss the monday night wars to, to bad that tna will never compete with wwe

X-Pacolypse
08-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Wrestling was at it's peak in the late 90's with WWF/E, WCW, and ECW. Out of all three of them ECW had some of the best PPV's of that era.