PDA

View Full Version : Do you know who had the NFL's easiest schedule last year?

TheDon74
08-26-2009, 09:52 PM
WRONG. It was the New England Patriots! Even after an 18-1 record the year before.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d809fbfa9&template=with-video&confirm=true

Here a pretty good article I found on why strength of schedule is overrated.

http://www.docsports.com/current/nfl-strength-of-schedule.html

TheDon74
08-27-2009, 09:44 AM
I see some views but no comments. Am I the only one that was in the dark on this? I found it very surprising, I realize we played the NFC West last year so our entire division had it a little easier but I was still surprised at the Pats having the easiest in the whole league.

Slim
08-27-2009, 10:07 AM
That's because they played us (1-15) twice whereas we played them (16-0) twice.

greasyObnoxious
08-27-2009, 10:10 AM
as pointed out, that was to be expected. this year, Minnesota, Green Bay and Chicago have the easiest schedule on paper. that's because the Lions count as 0-32. doesn't mean they actually play the easiest schedule.

i would have loved to know who had the easiest schedule last year based on LAST year's results.

TheDon74
08-27-2009, 10:23 AM
as pointed out, that was to be expected. this year, Minnesota, Green Bay and Chicago have the easiest schedule on paper. that's because the Lions count as 0-32. doesn't mean they actually play the easiest schedule.

i would have loved to know who had the easiest schedule last year based on LAST year's results.

Good point I didn't think about that but with that logic you would still think the Bills and Jets would have had an easier schedule then the Pats.

Anyway You have my raised a good question with the "based on last year result" thing and I love figuring that stuff out, so I'll post it when I get an answer.

nyjunc
08-27-2009, 11:33 AM
WRONG. It was the New England Patriots! Even after an 18-1 record the year before.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d809fbfa9&template=with-video&confirm=true

Here a pretty good article I found on why strength of schedule is overrated.

http://www.docsports.com/current/nfl-strength-of-schedule.html

That was based off of the 2007 records where were playing 2 games against a 1-15 team and 2 against a 4-12 team. I don't know where their SOS ended up but preseason SOS is always meaningless since teams get good and bad in a hurry.

Ilovemyfins4eva
08-27-2009, 12:58 PM
what some people fail to realize is that it dosent really matter what ur record is at the end of the year in terms of who u r gonna play the next year. since the opponents r determined in advance u can go 16-0 and have the easiest sched or go 0-16 and have a brutal sched the next year. its only 2 games that rnt determined

arsenal
08-27-2009, 01:37 PM
the record of your previous year only affects 2 games... besides that everyone in your division has the same schedule basically...

thats the problem with everyone talking about how we'll drop in the AFC east because our schedule is so much harder... but EVERYONE in our division's schedule is harder... we all play the NFC South and AFC North which were 2 good divisions last year... plus our own division finished with a pretty good record which makes our inter-division play seem tougher, but really we have to do that every year and we know we can beat all the other teams in the AFC East...

moral of the story, NONE of it matters

Brady2Moss4TD
08-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Good point I didn't think about that but with that logic you would still think the Bills and Jets would have had an easier schedule then the Pats.

Anyway You have my raised a good question with the "based on last year result" thing and I love figuring that stuff out, so I'll post it when I get an answer.

But you're also forgetting that the Bills and Jets were facing the 16-0 Patriots twice the next season while New England wasn't.

dolfan94
08-27-2009, 07:23 PM
I think this is after the season that this was posted.

But even if it doesent, it shows how strength of schedule means nothing

TheDon74
08-28-2009, 12:22 AM
But you're also forgetting that the Bills and Jets were facing the 16-0 Patriots twice the next season while New England wasn't.

AH and the circle is complete, thank you. Sometime I'm a moron but hey aren't we all?