PDA

View Full Version : Judge: Ky. canít legislate dependence on God

BAMAPHIN 22
08-27-2009, 02:57 PM
It is one thing to trust in God, but quite another to be ordered to rely on protection from above during national emergencies, a judge has ruled.
Franklin Circuit Judge Thomas Wingate said in Wednesday's decision that references to a dependence on "Almighty God" in the law that created the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security is akin to establishing a religion, which the government is prohibited from doing in the U.S. and Kentucky constitutions. Ten Kentucky residents and a national atheist group sued to have the reference stricken.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32581781/ns/us_news-faith/

aesop
08-28-2009, 01:49 PM
These are the people running our country.

jim123
08-31-2009, 02:07 AM
and what will this "judge" say when he is jugged by god? Hmm? Worshipping atheism is wrong for a reason, wat a fool. Do these law schools just pass anyone who applies?

Locke
08-31-2009, 02:40 AM
and what will this "judge" say when he is jugged by god? Hmm? Worshipping atheism is wrong for a reason, wat a fool. Do these law schools just pass anyone who applies?

I think he'll say he was following the law, as he swore to do when he became a judge. If there is a god, and he isn't happy with that answer, then god help us all... ;)

Mad Mardigan
08-31-2009, 09:25 AM
I think he'll say he was following the law, as he swore to do when he became a judge. If there is a god, and he isn't happy with that answer, then god help us all... ;)

If you do not have any religious beliefs then I must ask why you are posting in a forum on religion? Is it just to spread hate speech? Are you against all religions or do you just single out Christianity? If it is all religions, have you posted on any Muslim, Hindu or other faiths to state your thought on the existence of god? I am no church goer but it strikes me as sad that you have nothing better to do with your time than assail other peoples opinions that do not line up with your own. Yet another "tolerant, benevolent" liberal I suppose.

GoonBoss
08-31-2009, 10:55 AM
If you do not have any religious beliefs then I must ask why you are posting in a forum on religion? Is it just to spread hate speech? Are you against all religions or do you just single out Christianity? If it is all religions, have you posted on any Muslim, Hindu or other faiths to state your thought on the existence of god? I am no church goer but it strikes me as sad that you have nothing better to do with your time than assail other peoples opinions that do not line up with your own. Yet another "tolerant, benevolent" liberal I suppose.

What did he say that was hate speach? The judge in question was only following precident in the the law. Whether or not you believe in any particular god, the US Consititution states very clearly that there is to be no establishment of a state religion. While this has been wildly misconstrued by the legal system (It was meant to protect against a Church Of England type thing) it is what it is.

I dont' believe in god either. Am I spreading hate speach as well?

aesop
08-31-2009, 11:47 AM
and what will this "judge" say when he is jugged by god? Hmm? He will say "those are the most glorious jugs I have ever witnessed."

Locke
08-31-2009, 05:19 PM

:lol:

Thats all your post is worthy of. You have absolutely no clue what you're even upset about...

Tetragrammaton
08-31-2009, 05:40 PM

Talk about jumping the gun. You are supposed to wait for at least three replies to throw this one out there.

Tetragrammaton
08-31-2009, 05:41 PM
Worshipping atheism

What does that even mean?