PDA

View Full Version : Could Vernon Davis be our next TE?

Parcel's_Cartel
08-27-2009, 04:46 PM
This guy has out of this world talent. Since his brother is here, would this coaching staff be interested in him? I sure hope so becuz with this coaching staff he can be a star in Miami..... We are not talking about this yr. When he becomes a free agent in the near future....

SQuinn17
08-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Possible but highly doubtful. San Fran needs all the receiving help they can get!

ArmyFin7
08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
This guy has out of this world talent. Since his brother is here, would this coaching staff be interested in him? I sure hope so becuz with this coaching staff he can be a star in Miami.....

...:pop::tumbleweed:...

cljh19
08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
what makes you think this? was he released? i doubt we would ever trade for him and dont see him coming here to backup fasano. if he was available and willing to backup fasano i would jump on it, but doubt it would happen.

Parcel's_Cartel
08-27-2009, 04:53 PM
what makes you think this? was he released? i doubt we would ever trade for him and dont see him coming here to backup fasano. if he was available and willing to backup fasano i would jump on it, but doubt it would happen.

When he becomes a free agent... He is way better then fasano.

a1csiriaS
08-27-2009, 04:54 PM
we dont have the need for another TE we have fasano who has alot left and behind him is martin who was solid last year and has couple more years and behind is Haynos who is a decent third stringer plus he would prob cost an arm and a leg to trade

twohype
08-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Not ever going to happen, since the 49er's are not going to cut him and no-way will the Tuna pay da price that the 49er's would ask - - ZERO chance

CharlieTheTuna
08-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Right now we are hoping that Vonte doesnt become another Vernon Davis (ie: doesn't live up to his extreme physical talent). Why would we aquire him just because we have his brother?

Gardenhead
08-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Vernon Davis is not a good football player. Period.

MiamiSportsGen
08-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Since we're throwing out random crap out there, why don't we go for a player who addresses a need? Maybe like an unemployed future Hall of Famer by the name of Marvin Harrison can help out with receiving core and bring much-needed veteran presence to our young unit. He's not the same guy that he was with the Super Bowl Colts, but he can play and be a great mentor for our WRs.

The best part: Harrison is actually available, unlike Vernon Davis.

Parcel's_Cartel
08-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Right now we are hoping that Vonte doesnt become another Vernon Davis (ie: doesn't live up to his extreme physical talent). Why would we aquire him just because we have his brother.

Because in my opinion he is better than any of the te on our roster.

#1dolphinsfan
08-27-2009, 05:04 PM
if he ever becomes a FA maybe but i still doubt it if he can straighten up and becomes a fA i would love him to sign with miami the guys has all the talent to be a top 5 TE in the league

wa7shfinfan
08-27-2009, 05:05 PM
why was this moved to spam lol?

TheDon74
08-27-2009, 05:06 PM
When I go on a thread like this I expect a link not an opinion. Is it just me?

#1dolphinsfan
08-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Not ever going to happen, since the 49er's are not going to cut him and no-way will the Tuna pay da price that the 49er's would ask - - ZERO chance
when he becomes a FA the Tuna isnt even going to be here

dolfan94
08-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Possible but highly doubtful. San Fran needs all the receiving help they can get!
Exactly, so we could trade them one or two of our 69 wide receivers

CharlieTheTuna
08-27-2009, 05:43 PM
why was this moved to spam lol?
Because the thread title implies that we are looking to sign him, trade for him, or are at least interested. Its not spam, but I clicked on the thread thinking someone had at least said something. I'm assuming the mod who moved it did the same.

Clipse
08-27-2009, 06:11 PM
When he becomes a free agent... He is way better then fasano.
:lol: No, he has way more talent that Fasano. As far as being a better player, not at all. He's a huge underachiever and can't block. Fasano is better.