PDA

View Full Version : Deion Branch could be cut

FinAtic8480
08-31-2009, 04:25 PM
Between now and Saturday evening, more than 30% of the NFL's playing workforce will be fired. Final cuts aren't due for five days, but they always include some surprising names.

So that means this is a good week to speculate what big names could get a visit from "The Turk."

Eric D. Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune thinks that Deion Branch could be one of those names. (http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/seahawks/story/862092.html) While Williams thinks Branch is "likely" on the team, he points out that the former Super Bowl MVP will earn $5 million this year . . . to be Seattle's third receiver.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/31/could-deion-branch-be-cut/

Guys I think this guy can be a diamond in the ruff. Especially if Camarillo is not back to full form. Camarillo made an excellent catch n run on thursday, but Branch would make a real nice addition and a excellent weapon for Pennington.

ArmyFin7
08-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Branch is another one of those guys that looked good in NE's system and didn;t do squat when he left. I'll pass.

napsndreds
08-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Agreed!

AccordOn13z
08-31-2009, 04:28 PM
NO WAY! Ever since he got to Seattle he has disappeared. There's a reason he might be getting cut and it isn't because he's too good. Pass.

Swantoon
08-31-2009, 04:29 PM
No thank you.

Pinkboy
08-31-2009, 04:34 PM
No thanks

He's garbage.

Nick13
08-31-2009, 04:44 PM
Yeah, i'll pass on Branch for now. However, there usually ARE a few interesting names that get axed; players who are victims of a numbers game at position or in salary that could provide depth on our roster. As an example...Jerheme Urban of Arizona, he's a WR who seemingly catches everything thrown his way, however with Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston and Doucet occupying the top 4 WR spots, it's likely he could not make the team because he isnt a great special teamer, but he could fit into our plans nicely as a possession receiver.

tcolli17
08-31-2009, 04:45 PM
I'll agree with the consenus.

lbmclean_sj
08-31-2009, 04:45 PM
first time I have ever heard a 30 yo called a "diamond in the ruff"

finner
08-31-2009, 04:46 PM
We don't need to forgo the development of one of our younger guys for someone like Branch.

Vaark
08-31-2009, 04:54 PM
He's proven himself to be a product of the system, especially considering that Hasselback is no slouch. I want neither, but think I'd shoot craps on Marvin Harrison before I'd look at Branch.

nyjunc
08-31-2009, 05:16 PM
He may not be great but he'd be a starter for Miami so don't be so quick to throw him out if he becomes available. His biggest problem has been staying healthy but when healthy he produces. he's a GOOD WR not great.

X-Pacolypse
08-31-2009, 05:28 PM
No.

MiamiDolfan85
08-31-2009, 05:30 PM
He may not be great but he'd be a starter for Miami so don't be so quick to throw him out if he becomes available. His biggest problem has been staying healthy but when healthy he produces. he's a GOOD WR not great.
thanks,but no thanks.If I were a Jets fan(eww),Id be worrying about a #2 WR starting as your no. 1 WR....scratch that...Id be worrying about your whole WR corps...

nyjunc
08-31-2009, 05:36 PM
thanks,but no thanks.If I were a Jets fan(eww),Id be worrying about a #2 WR starting as your no. 1 WR....scratch that...Id be worrying about your whole WR corps...

What are you worrying about then since our #1 is better than any of your WRs? I am worried about our WR corps which is why I'd be fine adding a guy like Branch. You guys are fooling yourself if you don't think he upgrades your mediocre WR corps.

ArmyFin7
08-31-2009, 05:38 PM
I will just continue to fool myself then....unless we start dumping draft picks he doesn't fit on the roster. He's a #3 at best....we already have a bunch of them that are much younger with more potential. No thanks.

Nick13
08-31-2009, 05:40 PM
What are you worrying about then since our #1 is better than any of your WRs? I am worried about our WR corps which is why I'd be fine adding a guy like Branch. You guys are fooling yourself if you don't think he upgrades your mediocre WR corps.

No one is arguing that he's an upgrade. But he's 30 and another team will be willing to pay him more than we will, for the value he brings versus the cost, it's not a worthwhile move for Miami. Now, if he were to come and say i'll sign for 2 years at 2.5 million a season? yeah, i'd be down, but he's gonna command a lot more than that.

nyjunc
08-31-2009, 05:54 PM
I will just continue to fool myself then....unless we start dumping draft picks he doesn't fit on the roster. He's a #3 at best....we already have a bunch of them that are much younger with more potential. No thanks.

He's a #3 at best that would probably be your #1. When you have a chance to improve the roster you do it especially when you are thin at WR and he won't cost a ton.

No one is arguing that he's an upgrade. But he's 30 and another team will be willing to pay him more than we will, for the value he brings versus the cost, it's not a worthwhile move for Miami. Now, if he were to come and say i'll sign for 2 years at 2.5 million a season? yeah, i'd be down, but he's gonna command a lot more than that.

I don't think he'll sign a big deal and he's 30 not 37. He's still a productive player when healthy. Remember, last year you took an aging vet who was productive when healthy and he was the main reason you went from 1-15 to 11-5.

he had 30 recs in 8 games. if you prorate his #s he is the most productive WR on Miami last season. His prorated #s would be 60 recs(Ginn led w/ 56), 824 yds(Ginn led w/ 790) and 8 TDs(your leading WR had 2). This was w/ w/ Seneca Wallace starting 6 of those 8 games.

ArmyFin7
08-31-2009, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't say we're thin, we just have a bunch of guys with the same skill set....and he would be another one. I would rather see what hartline can do than bring this guy in and limit the reps for the rest of the young guys. They are our future, not a 30 yr old mediocre WR.

nyjunc
08-31-2009, 06:02 PM
So you'd rather have young, mediocre WRs than former SB MVP? OK.

Etuoo33
08-31-2009, 06:07 PM

Bulls***, your in for a surprise when we call your name. That boy hasn't been a starter anywhere lately and you think he starts here.

nyjunc
08-31-2009, 06:09 PM
Bulls***, your in for a surprise when we call your name. That boy hasn't been a starter anywhere lately and you think he starts here.

Of the 35 games he has played for Seattle he has started 34 including all 8 last year. There's no question that not only does he starts he becomes your best WR immediately- as long as he is healthy.

ArmyFin7
08-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Yep, I'd rather have young and mediocre and still learning and improving than 30 and mediocre.

Pinkboy
08-31-2009, 06:37 PM
Of the 35 games he has played for Seattle he has started 34 including all 8 last year. There's no question that not only does he starts he becomes your best WR immediately- as long as he is healthy.

He'd start on the Jets, so why don't you get him ?

uga3406
08-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Branch is another one of those guys that looked good in NE's system and didn;t do squat when he left. I'll pass.

I couldn't have said it better....:up:

Wildbill3
08-31-2009, 06:43 PM
Cough cough bs.

Clipse
08-31-2009, 06:46 PM
Branch sucks and has done nothing since leaving NE. No Thanks.

BARF
08-31-2009, 07:10 PM
how bout no ex patriots

jlfin
08-31-2009, 11:03 PM
So you'd rather have young, mediocre WRs than former SB MVP? OK.

"FORMER" being the operative word here. And over 5yrs ago at that.
I'm not getting your post. :crazy:

jlfin
08-31-2009, 11:04 PM

Nope. Wrong, that's just wrong :lol:

HurriPhin
09-01-2009, 04:10 AM

Im starting to be concerned for you. I don't think you should be drinking so much on a Monday afternoon.
:confused2:

nyjunc
09-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Branch sucks and has done nothing since leaving NE. No Thanks.

He's done more than any of your current WRs.

It's amazing how you guys overrate the talent you have. We aren't talking about him stepping in for Randy Moss and Andre Johnson- he'd be coming to a team w/ Ted Ginn as it's #1 WR. Is there a team in the league w/ a worse #1?

HurriPhin
09-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Is there a team in the league w/ a worse #1?

1. Baltimore
2. Chicago
3. Cleveland
4. Jacksonville
5. Minnesota
6. Giants
7. Jets
8. Raiders
9. 49ers
10. Titans

nyjunc
09-02-2009, 08:05 AM
1. Baltimore
2. Chicago
3. Cleveland
4. Jacksonville
5. Minnesota
6. Giants
7. Jets
8. Raiders
9. 49ers
10. Titans

You ought to be a comedy writer.

1. Baltimore: Derrick Mason is far and away better than anythiong Miami has and it can be argued Mark Clayton would be their #1 as well.
2. Chicago: Maybe but hester in his 1st year as a WR put up siomilar #s to Ginn w/ more TDs. W/ a better QB and another year as a WR it's hard to argue Ginn will be better than hester.
3. Cleveland: Seriously? Have you heard of Braylon Edwards? Their #2 WR, Mike Furrey, had a 98 yd rec season and 1,000+ yds in 2006.
4. Jacksonville: Jax has Tory Holt and while he's not the HOF version from a few years ago he's still better than what Miami has.
5. Minnesota: Bernard Berrian is better than any WR Miami has
6. Giants: Maybe since they lost their #1 and #2 but Hixon only started 7 games and had just 13 less recs than Ginn and had as many TDs.
7. Jets: Cotchery is alot better than any WR you have right now.
8. Raiders: Here's one heading into the season but I think Schilens and Heyward-Bey are better prospects than what you have.
9. 49ers: Isaac bruce had 5 more recs and 5 more TDs than Ginn had last year.
10. Titans: Justin Gage started 11 games, averaged almost 20 yds per rec and scored 4 more TDs than Ginn.

Of those 10 MAYBE Ten, NYG and Chi and you have a better 1 than Oak right now. The others aren't close.

NYinBostonFin
09-02-2009, 09:52 AM
You ought to be a comedy writer.

1. Baltimore: Derrick Mason is far and away better than anythiong Miami has and it can be argued Mark Clayton would be their #1 as well.
2. Chicago: Maybe but hester in his 1st year as a WR put up siomilar #s to Ginn w/ more TDs. W/ a better QB and another year as a WR it's hard to argue Ginn will be better than hester.
3. Cleveland: Seriously? Have you heard of Braylon Edwards? Their #2 WR, Mike Furrey, had a 98 yd rec season and 1,000+ yds in 2006.
4. Jacksonville: Jax has Tory Holt and while he's not the HOF version from a few years ago he's still better than what Miami has.
5. Minnesota: Bernard Berrian is better than any WR Miami has
6. Giants: Maybe since they lost their #1 and #2 but Hixon only started 7 games and had just 13 less recs than Ginn and had as many TDs.
7. Jets: Cotchery is alot better than any WR you have right now.
8. Raiders: Here's one heading into the season but I think Schilens and Heyward-Bey are better prospects than what you have.
9. 49ers: Isaac bruce had 5 more recs and 5 more TDs than Ginn had last year.
10. Titans: Justin Gage started 11 games, averaged almost 20 yds per rec and scored 4 more TDs than Ginn.

Of those 10 MAYBE Ten, NYG and Chi and you have a better 1 than Oak right now. The others aren't close.

You talk about homerism...Jerricho cotchery isn't A LOT better than any #1 wr.

I really question some who say you are so unbiased.

nyjunc
09-02-2009, 10:03 AM
You talk about homerism...Jerricho cotchery isn't A LOT better than any #1 wr.

I really question some who say you are so unbiased.

Ask any non-dolphin fan who is better right now: Cotchery or Ginn. Ginn has the potential to be better but going into 2009 there's no question Cotch is better. it's not even debateable.

NYinBostonFin
09-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Ask any non-dolphin fan who is better right now: Cotchery or Ginn. Ginn has the potential to be better but going into 2009 there's no question Cotch is better. it's not even debateable.

How did Cotch do in his 1st year? His 2nd? Compare that to Ginn's 1st 2 years. No debate yet?

Cotch had a little taste of being the #1 last year....didn't do much against double teams.

I don't talk to Dolphin fans except here. I do talk to a lot of jet fans... most don't share your confidence in Cotch.

NYinBostonFin
09-02-2009, 10:10 AM

Its also funny how you use potential against Ginn when discussing oaklands wr core. But when talking about your own, potential isnt an issue.

No question Cotch will be better? With a rookie qb and now cotch getting a lot more attention without coles...its very debateable who will be better.

nyjunc
09-02-2009, 11:36 AM
How did Cotch do in his 1st year? His 2nd? Compare that to Ginn's 1st 2 years. No debate yet?

Cotch had a little taste of being the #1 last year....didn't do much against double teams.

I don't talk to Dolphin fans except here. I do talk to a lot of jet fans... most don't share your confidence in Cotch.

He didn't play much. Ginn has started 23 of 32 games, Cotch didn't become a starter until his 3rd year and his 1st year starting he had 82 recs, 961 yds and 6 TDs. That's 4 more TDs than Ginn first 2 years combined.

Its also funny how you use potential against Ginn when discussing oaklands wr core. But when talking about your own, potential isnt an issue.

No question Cotch will be better? With a rookie qb and now cotch getting a lot more attention without coles...its very debateable who will be better.

It's an issue but Cotch is established and ginn is not just like those Oak WRs are not.

Cotch w/ an injured Chad and kellen Clemens throwing to him in 2007 had over 1,000 yds rec AND he missed a game AND he played the last month w/ a broken finger.

NYinBostonFin
09-02-2009, 01:02 PM
He didn't play much. Ginn has started 23 of 32 games, Cotch didn't become a starter until his 3rd year and his 1st year starting he had 82 recs, 961 yds and 6 TDs. That's 4 more TDs than Ginn first 2 years combined.

It's an issue but Cotch is established and ginn is not just like those Oak WRs are not.

Cotch w/ an injured Chad and kellen Clemens throwing to him in 2007 had over 1,000 yds rec AND he missed a game AND he played the last month w/ a broken finger.

I'm counting the 1st 2 years of Cotchery against the 1st 2 of Ginn. Ginn wins. Cotch not starting is just another knock on why Ginn is better, no? Ginn started in his 2nd year, Cotch didn't, but I guess that doesnt count either in your world. I guess because you're a jet fan, cotch's rookie year is really his 3rd, because he wasnt a starter until then,.... ridiculous.

Until Ginn reaches his 3rd year, its unfair to compare Cotchery's 3rd year. Unless you are doing the same for all you are comparing him to, which you don't because you use one arguement for potential (oak wrs), while saying that doesn't count for your arguement when talking about the jet WR squad.

Cotch should have had 1000 last year with farve.....he didn't. Why? go ahead and blame farve, but when Berrian is closing the year on 1000 yards, whats the excuse then? Start preparing your, "Sanchez is a rookie excuse" too while you are at it.

Cotch had one 1000 yard season...then when attempting to be the man, just got over 850....that gives you bragging rights? And you call us homers? Meanwhile, overlook the fact that Ginn has had 2 different OC's and 2 different QB's.

Bottom line.....Cotch isn't a lot better than ANY other #1 WR. Im not a firm believer that Ginn is a true #1, but 790 yards, isnt that far off than 858 yards. Neither are mindblowing....want to brag about him having 3 more tds? Go crazy..but to any other football fan with a real #1 on his team, its laughable.

Why don't you wait a couple of days for them to get Marshall...then you can say you have a better WR core and it would actually be true.

NYinBostonFin
09-02-2009, 01:04 PM

Cotch wasn't being double teamed then. Last year he was at the end of the year.

And are you actually comparing Ginn's 1st season with Cotch's 2007 season? Keep calling us homers :lol:

nyjunc
09-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Cotch wasn't being double teamed then. Last year he was at the end of the year.

And are you actually comparing Ginn's 1st season with Cotch's 2007 season? Keep calling us homers :lol:

He absoklutely was especially since Coles missed a bunch of games down the stretch.

NYinBostonFin
09-02-2009, 01:49 PM
He absoklutely was especially since Coles missed a bunch of games down the stretch.

I know he was double teamed mostly at the end of the year.....How did he do in the games coles wasnt there?

nyjunc
09-02-2009, 02:31 PM
I know he was double teamed mostly at the end of the year.....How did he do in the games coles wasnt there?

Cotch played 5 games w/o Coles and in those 5 games he had 29 recs, 414 yds and 1 TD.

Almost 6 recs a game(prorate that to 16 games and it's 93 recs)
Almost 83 yds a game(prorate that to 16 games and i's 1325 yds)

NYinBostonFin
09-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Cotch played 5 games w/o Coles and in those 5 games he had 29 recs, 414 yds and 1 TD.

Almost 6 recs a game(prorate that to 16 games and it's 93 recs)
Almost 83 yds a game(prorate that to 16 games and i's 1325 yds)

lol.....hysterical....stop prorating please. I'm sure you know Cotchery is never breaking 1300 yards. Never.

The #'s I'm looking at last year are not impressive by a #1's standard....and I question those stats you are giving. I know he was the #1 for more than 5 games. Looking at last season, he broke 100 a whole 1 time. And Coles was playing that game, so he didn't see double teams then. That is some game changer.

And like I said...he's not A LOT better than any #1 wr. Including Ginn. And judging by the way both have started their careers...Ginn will be the better WR when its all said and done.

JPPT1974
09-02-2009, 03:25 PM
With Derrick Mason unretiring in the Ravens, seems like that Branch would be out of luck there. Otherwise, he may make a good fit.

nyjunc
09-02-2009, 03:59 PM
lol.....hysterical....stop prorating please. I'm sure you know Cotchery is never breaking 1300 yards. Never.

The #'s I'm looking at last year are not impressive by a #1's standard....and I question those stats you are giving. I know he was the #1 for more than 5 games. Looking at last season, he broke 100 a whole 1 time. And Coles was playing that game, so he didn't see double teams then. That is some game changer.

And like I said...he's not A LOT better than any #1 wr. Including Ginn. And judging by the way both have started their careers...Ginn will be the better WR when its all said and done.

Stop prorating? You asked for his #s when Coles was out in 2007 and I gave them to you. He may never get 1300 yds but he's already been a 1,000 yd receiver something accomplished by a dolphins WR ONCE this entire decade.

He's alot better than Ginn going into 2009, maybe Ginn jumps up and catches him? I don't know but going into '09 they aren't close and there's not a GM in the league who would choose Ginn over Cotch.

NYinBostonFin
09-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Stop prorating? You asked for his #s when Coles was out in 2007 and I gave them to you. He may never get 1300 yds but he's already been a 1,000 yd receiver something accomplished by a dolphins WR ONCE this entire decade.

He's alot better than Ginn going into 2009, maybe Ginn jumps up and catches him? I don't know but going into '09 they aren't close and there's not a GM in the league who would choose Ginn over Cotch.

Yes, stop giving him yards he never would have gotten. His #'s were pathetic last year yet you think he is a no doubt #1. Last year Cotch disappeared in games completely.How many 1 reception games he have? I want to know the 5 games you got your average from....stop acting like you have moss.

And you think a gm wouldn't think of Ginn over Cotch? Are we looking at the same players? A guy like Ginn opens up a playbook for some coaches, a guy like cotch? well we got rid of chambers years ago....I see a similar career for cotch honestly. Im sure more than a couple would think more than twice about ginn over cotch.

And I want to know how Ginn isn't even close to Cotch? his numbers last year are very comparable to Ginn.

nyjunc
09-03-2009, 09:56 AM
Yes, stop giving him yards he never would have gotten. His #'s were pathetic last year yet you think he is a no doubt #1. Last year Cotch disappeared in games completely.How many 1 reception games he have? I want to know the 5 games you got your average from....stop acting like you have moss.

And you think a gm wouldn't think of Ginn over Cotch? Are we looking at the same players? A guy like Ginn opens up a playbook for some coaches, a guy like cotch? well we got rid of chambers years ago....I see a similar career for cotch honestly. Im sure more than a couple would think more than twice about ginn over cotch.

And I want to know how Ginn isn't even close to Cotch? his numbers last year are very comparable to Ginn.

You asked for his #s w/o Coles in 2007, I provided.

His #s were pathetic yet he was much better than Ginn. if his #s were pathetic what does that make the great Ginn's #s?

Not a GM in the league would take Ginn over Cotch. Ask any non dolphin fan what they think.

Chambers is much better than Ginn too and D's respect players like him and Cotch alot more than Ginn- at least to this point in his career.

NYinBostonFin
09-03-2009, 11:32 AM
You asked for his #s w/o Coles in 2007, I provided.

His #s were pathetic yet he was much better than Ginn. if his #s were pathetic what does that make the great Ginn's #s?

Not a GM in the league would take Ginn over Cotch. Ask any non dolphin fan what they think.

Chambers is much better than Ginn too and D's respect players like him and Cotch alot more than Ginn- at least to this point in his career.

Once again.....besides here, I don't talk to Dolphin fans, mostly JET fans...they dont share your confidence in Cotchery. GMs would not automatically just pick Cotch over Ginn, you're wrong.

We also have a difference in the meaning "much". Larry Fitz is much better than Ginn, Cotchery may have better #'s from last year...but not "much" better.

Chambers gets more respect than Ginn? Really? He is the #4 option when Rivers goes back to pass....#4!!!!!!!!!! D's respect him more than any #1 WR? Wrong again.

I don't believe your #'s from before....what games you take the avg from? If you included his one 100yard game, please explain why since that was the KC game Coles was in, so Im hoping you didnt use that game in your findings.

nyjunc
09-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Once again.....besides here, I don't talk to Dolphin fans, mostly JET fans...they dont share your confidence in Cotchery. GMs would not automatically just pick Cotch over Ginn, you're wrong.

We also have a difference in the meaning "much". Larry Fitz is much better than Ginn, Cotchery may have better #'s from last year...but not "much" better.

Chambers gets more respect than Ginn? Really? He is the #4 option when Rivers goes back to pass....#4!!!!!!!!!! D's respect him more than any #1 WR? Wrong again.

I don't believe your #'s from before....what games you take the avg from? If you included his one 100yard game, please explain why since that was the KC game Coles was in, so Im hoping you didnt use that game in your findings.

I know I'm right. If you polled GMs or non-dolphin fans at least 70-80% would take Cotc over Ginn going into this year.

"Much" may be a bit extreme but he's better by a good margin. Ginn has a little way to go to be as good as Cotch. Can he be? of course. can he be better? yeah but he has alot to prove.

Chambers is better than Ginn. Chambers has TWO 11 TD seasons, ginn has 4 in 2 years. Chambers only started 9 games due to injury and he still had 3 more TDs than Ginn did last year.

If you don't believe my #s then look it up for yourself. it's not difficult just fin the games that Cothc played in and Coles didn't play.

Coles didn't play in that KC game and Cotch had 76 yds in the KC game. he had 152 against Ten.

NYinBostonFin
09-03-2009, 12:28 PM
I know I'm right. If you polled GMs or non-dolphin fans at least 70-80% would take Cotc over Ginn going into this year.

"Much" may be a bit extreme but he's better by a good margin. Ginn has a little way to go to be as good as Cotch. Can he be? of course. can he be better? yeah but he has alot to prove.

Chambers is better than Ginn. Chambers has TWO 11 TD seasons, ginn has 4 in 2 years. Chambers only started 9 games due to injury and he still had 3 more TDs than Ginn did last year.

If you don't believe my #s then look it up for yourself. it's not difficult just fin the games that Cothc played in and Coles didn't play.

Coles didn't play in that KC game and Cotch had 76 yds in the KC game. he had 152 against Ten.

First you said there was NO gm that would take Ginn, now its at least 70-80% that wouldnt. ok.

I did look them up, Im wondering what games YOU got your avg from. I see Coles as having 7 rec 64 yards in the KC game. Is that wrong? Tenn he had 7 for 88. This is on nfl.com. You won't answer the question what games you got your avg from though. You know, fantasyland, where cotch was breaking 90 rec and 1300yards.

You'd rather have Chambers than Ginn? Want to poll a couple of gm's about that? Chambers isn't even the #1 on his team. Go ahead though....bring up tds....I guess Lance moore is better than Roddy white because he has 3 more tds than him too? Or Steve Smith who Lance had 4 more than? Ridiculous. And Penny wasn't looking Ginn's way when inside the 20 either, it was his te's and Ronnie /Ricky ...you know that though.

nyjunc
09-03-2009, 12:40 PM
First you said there was NO gm that would take Ginn, now its at least 70-80% that wouldnt. ok.

I did look them up, Im wondering what games YOU got your avg from. I see Coles as having 7 rec 64 yards in the KC game. Is that wrong? Tenn he had 7 for 88. This is on nfl.com. You won't answer the question what games you got your avg from though. You know, fantasyland, where cotch was breaking 90 rec and 1300yards.

You'd rather have Chambers than Ginn? Want to poll a couple of gm's about that? Chambers isn't even the #1 on his team. Go ahead though....bring up tds....I guess Lance moore is better than Roddy white because he has 3 more tds than him too? Or Steve Smith who Lance had 4 more than? Ridiculous. And Penny wasn't looking Ginn's way when inside the 20 either, it was his te's and Ronnie /Ricky ...you know that though.

I don't think any GM would choose Ginn over Cotch, I said GMs and non-dolphin fans.

What year are you looking at? I am talking about 2007 not 2008.

The games were:
11-4 vs. Wash: 5-90
11-22 at Dallas: 2-43
12-16 at NE: 6-53
12-23 at Ten: 8-152, TD
12-30 vs. KC: 8-76

Totals: 29 recs, 414 yds, 14.3 avg., 1 TD

Are you serious about Ginn vs. Chambers? it's not even a discussion.

This is not about 2-3 more TDs, the man had ELEVEn 2 times. Ginn's career high is 4. He played 7 less games last year and had 3 MORE TDs.

Do we watch the same sport?

nyjunc
09-03-2009, 12:46 PM
And Penny wasn't looking Ginn's way when inside the 20 either, it was his te's and Ronnie /Ricky ...you know that though.

I missed this excuse. It was Ricky Williams and his 4 TDs(one of which was 51 yds) and his TEs and their 10 TDs(4 of which were 20 or greater). Of those 14 TDs only 9 were inside the 20.

How come Chad threw 6 TDs to Cotch in '06?

TheDon74
09-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Yeah, i'll pass on Branch for now. However, there usually ARE a few interesting names that get axed; players who are victims of a numbers game at position or in salary that could provide depth on our roster. As an example...Jerheme Urban of Arizona, he's a WR who seemingly catches everything thrown his way, however with Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston and Doucet occupying the top 4 WR spots, it's likely he could not make the team because he isnt a great special teamer, but he could fit into our plans nicely as a possession receiver.

For now? What you want to wait a couple of years until he's REALLY old. I'll pass now, two years ago and 5 minutes from now.

NYinBostonFin
09-03-2009, 01:17 PM
I don't think any GM would choose Ginn over Cotch, I said GMs and non-dolphin fans.

What year are you looking at? I am talking about 2007 not 2008.

The games were:
11-4 vs. Wash: 5-90
11-22 at Dallas: 2-43
12-16 at NE: 6-53
12-23 at Ten: 8-152, TD
12-30 vs. KC: 8-76

Totals: 29 recs, 414 yds, 14.3 avg., 1 TD

Are you serious about Ginn vs. Chambers? it's not even a discussion.

This is not about 2-3 more TDs, the man had ELEVEn 2 times. Ginn's career high is 4. He played 7 less games last year and had 3 MORE TDs.

Do we watch the same sport?

LOL....you make thing up as you go along. Why would I look at 2007 when our discussion was last year?

And your right, ask any gm who they would have on their team today,chambers or ginn they'd say ginn. No question about it.

I love how you also condemn Ginn for Penny not targeting him for TD's. How about we use yardage? Thats a better stat to looking at WR productivity. I know you don't want to go there, because it kills your arguement.

So lance is better than coles and cotchery in your book too.

NYinBostonFin
09-03-2009, 01:18 PM
I missed this excuse. It was Ricky Williams and his 4 TDs(one of which was 51 yds) and his TEs and their 10 TDs(4 of which were 20 or greater). Of those 14 TDs only 9 were inside the 20.

Cotch wasnt the #1 wr in the red zone. Coles was and was probably getting most the attention.

NYinBostonFin
09-03-2009, 01:20 PM

Oh and only 6 tds? God that sucks, he must be a terrible WR. lol....Want to look up how many WRs that year that aren't as good had more tds?

nyjunc
09-03-2009, 02:03 PM
LOL....you make thing up as you go along. Why would I look at 2007 when our discussion was last year?

And your right, ask any gm who they would have on their team today,chambers or ginn they'd say ginn. No question about it.

I love how you also condemn Ginn for Penny not targeting him for TD's. How about we use yardage? Thats a better stat to looking at WR productivity. I know you don't want to go there, because it kills your arguement.

So lance is better than coles and cotchery in your book too.

We were talking about 2007 when coles missed games. Go back and re-read the posts, we were talking 2007 when we had no OL, our QBs stunk, Cotch broke his finger and Coles missed a bunch of games.

The only one mkaing things up as they go along is you.

If you think Gms would rather have Ginn over Chambers I can't help you. Let's move on to another discussion. Not even most dolphin fans would take Ginn over Chambers.

How does yardage kill my argument? Chambers has AVERAGED 838 rec yds in 8 seasons while Ginn's career high was 790.

you are over yourhead here.Lance Moore had a great year, better than Cotch, Coles, Chambers and Ginn. let's see if he builds on it.

Cotch wasnt the #1 wr in the red zone. Coles was and was probably getting most the attention.

Wouldn't the #1 target have more TDs? The excuses get lamer and lamer.

Oh and only 6 tds? God that sucks, he must be a terrible WR. lol....Want to look up how many WRs that year that aren't as good had more tds?

The 6 he had in 2006 are 2 more than Ginn in his career.

NYinBostonFin
09-03-2009, 03:18 PM
We were talking about 2007 when coles missed games. Go back and re-read the posts, we were talking 2007 when we had no OL, our QBs stunk, Cotch broke his finger and Coles missed a bunch of games.

The only one mkaing things up as they go along is you.

If you think Gms would rather have Ginn over Chambers I can't help you. Let's move on to another discussion. Not even most dolphin fans would take Ginn over Chambers.

How does yardage kill my argument? Chambers has AVERAGED 838 rec yds in 8 seasons while Ginn's career high was 790.

you are over yourhead here.Lance Moore had a great year, better than Cotch, Coles, Chambers and Ginn. let's see if he builds on it.

Wouldn't the #1 target have more TDs? The excuses get lamer and lamer.

The 6 he had in 2006 are 2 more than Ginn in his career.

Pretty tough on a guy with an avg when he has 2 years under his belt. Ginn only had 790 yards in the 2 seasons he played...thats some arguement. Like I said, match the first 2 years against cotch's first 2. Thats fair.....Ginn wins. By the way. I notice you didnt take Cotchs avg in all of his years.

No the #1 target isn't always the one who grabs the tds. and the #1 target in the endzone may not be the #1 target on the 20 yard line. dont know how thats a lame excuse.

Chambers had a mediocre career, Ginn I would hope goes above 1000 yrds more than once. At both their ages, Id like to see the gm that takes chambers over ginn.

We were talking about LAST years stats. Not the one miracle 1000 yard season cotch had. Last year. Coles had a lot of struggles with injuries last year, although he did play. Sorry for that confusion.

Stop with the excuses for cotchery...they are pathetic. You had farve last year that only throws all the time.....cotch couldn't break 1000. I bet berrian if healthy easily breaks 1000 this year. And its not like Ginn hasn't had issues with QB, OL, different OC's in his 1st 2 years. Talking to me about lame excuses? You are filled with them. Cotch didnt start reall until year 3, his oline sucked that yeara...farve was at the end of his career and sucked...lol.....hysterical.

You think Lance is better than Steve Smith? Roddy White? Ok, then i know who I'm talking to. forget it. With a healthy Colston, he isn't getting more tds and won't be the #1.

nyjunc
09-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Pretty tough on a guy with an avg when he has 2 years under his belt. Ginn only had 790 yards in the 2 seasons he played...thats some arguement. Like I said, match the first 2 years against cotch's first 2. Thats fair.....Ginn wins. By the way. I notice you didnt take Cotchs avg in all of his years.

No the #1 target isn't always the one who grabs the tds. and the #1 target in the endzone may not be the #1 target on the 20 yard line. dont know how thats a lame excuse.

Chambers had a mediocre career, Ginn I would hope goes above 1000 yrds more than once. At both their ages, Id like to see the gm that takes chambers over ginn.

We were talking about LAST years stats. Not the one miracle 1000 yard season cotch had. Last year. Coles had a lot of struggles with injuries last year, although he did play. Sorry for that confusion.

Stop with the excuses for cotchery...they are pathetic. You had farve last year that only throws all the time.....cotch couldn't break 1000. I bet berrian if healthy easily breaks 1000 this year. And its not like Ginn hasn't had issues with QB, OL, different OC's in his 1st 2 years. Talking to me about lame excuses? You are filled with them. Cotch didnt start reall until year 3, his oline sucked that yeara...farve was at the end of his career and sucked...lol.....hysterical.

You think Lance is better than Steve Smith? Roddy White? Ok, then i know who I'm talking to. forget it. With a healthy Colston, he isn't getting more tds and won't be the #1.

The bottom line is his best season wasn't as good as Chambers average season.

Cotch didn't play much his first 2 years, he wasn't on a team where Greg Camarillo was the best WR.

Chambers definitely has been a disappointment as I thought he had big time talent but he settled for being good. If Ginn has the same career as Chambers you guys will do cartwheels.

After their first 2 seasons:

Chambers(31 games, 22 starts): 100 recs, 1617 yds, 16.2 avg., 10 TDs

Ginn(32 games, 23 starts): 90 recs, 1210 yds, 13.4 avg., 4 TDs

So in 1 less start and 1 less game Chambers had 10 more recs, avreaged 3 more yds per rec and had 6 more TDs. Who in their right mind would take Ginn over Chambers?

It's not b/c of the return game where Ginn has been medicore. heck Chambers avg. as a KR was 22.5, Ginn has averaged 22 and ginn was supposed to be a great return man.

We were NOT talking about last year, go back and read the posts.

What excuses for Cotch? Favre stunk last year except for a 3-4 game stretch, you had the MUCH better QB throwing to Ginn.

Lance Moore isn't better than Steve Smith or Roddy White. What you fail to grasp is that it's not one category but the overall play. I showed TDs b/c Chambers had started 7 less games yet had 3 more TDs.