PDA

View Full Version : Falcons Trade for former 1st round Corner

scottieUK
09-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Looks like the Falcons knew they were weak at corner. I haven`t seen Hill play but his stats seem ok.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Articles/2009/09/1-10/Falcons_announce_acquisition_of_cornerback_Hill.aspx

We`ll still beat them next week!!!

Pinkboy
09-01-2009, 02:51 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/atlanta-sizing-up-the-competition-255013.html

He's just another smallish cornerback which they already have plenty of. He's 5'10.

And Hill sucks, he's slow because of his bad knees.. He lost the speed he had.

He's damaged goods

http://fantasy.ballhype.com/article/tye_hill_s_knee_still_a_problem_tye_hill_db_st_louis/

Tye Hill's knee still a problem - Tye Hill (DB) St. Louis Rams (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffantasy.ballhype.com%2Farticle%2Ftye_hill_s_knee_still_a_problem_tye_hill_db_st_louis%2F&ei=UVmdSoS1F5mc8QbqkNSvAw&rct=j&q=tye+hill+knee&usg=AFQjCNER53Z-e1cYCqeocsskJ8HrHqgNuQ)
10 Aug 2009

Rams CB Tye Hill is having more problems with his surgically repaired knee, coach Steve Spagnuolo revealed Tuesday^^ 3 weeks ago.

Put Ginn on him and goodnight Charlie.

fishypete
09-01-2009, 02:52 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/atlanta-sizing-up-the-competition-255013.html

He's just another smallish cornerback which they already have plenty of. He's 5'10.

And Hill sucks, he's slow because of his bad knees.. He lost the speed he had.

He's damaged goods

http://fantasy.ballhype.com/article/tye_hill_s_knee_still_a_problem_tye_hill_db_st_louis/

^^ 3 weeks ago.

Put Ginn on him and goodnight Charlie.

Why would you trade for a corner that has bad wheels?

FinsFan74
09-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Ringing bells of desperation at CB

Pinkboy
09-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Why would you trade for a corner that has bad wheels?

Why would St Louis trade away a corner for a 7th who has good wheels ? And it supports what every Rams fan has said about him.

If you saw how horrible Atlanta's secondary is you would understand why they're desperate. The worst secondary in the league. Beggars can't be choosers.

scottieUK
09-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Ok, didn`t know he had a knee problem, now I`m even less concerned!

fishypete
09-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Why would St Louis trade away a corner for a 7th who has good wheels ? And it supports what every Rams fan has said about him.

If you saw how horrible Atlanta's secondary is you would understand why they're desperate. The worst secondary in the league. Beggars can't be choosers.

Believe me I'm not second guessing you...but the trade itself. Thats like trading for a one armed receiver. :crazy:

Pinkboy
09-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Nothing more than the move when we traded the crappy Travis Daniels for a very late pick.

The only difference is Daniels didn't have bad knees, he was just a bad player.

But same result either way. This means nothing for Atlanta.

scottieUK
09-01-2009, 02:59 PM
If we can get an early stop or two and maybe a turnover we`ll beat Atlanta. Ball control offence and keep their O off the field.

Michael Turner is my only concern

JimToss
09-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Believe me I'm not second guessing you...but the trade itself. Thats like trading for a one armed receiver. :crazy:

Gadsden only ever needed one hand.

nick1
09-01-2009, 03:02 PM
im more concerned with matt ryan then michael turner. we can shut turner down im confident

Swantoon
09-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Tye Hill was a good player when he was healthy. I might trade a late round pick to see if he can turn it around.

Pinkboy
09-01-2009, 03:03 PM
im more concerned with matt ryan then michael turner. we can shut turner down im confident

What happens when he runs sweeps to the left towards Joey Porter and Sean Smith ?

Porter stinks against the run and that is a weakness to Smith's game. If they pull over the right guard Dahl, who is a very good guard, over to the left on sweeps to knock out Ayodele, it could get ugly.

scottieUK
09-01-2009, 03:04 PM

I know what you mean, but I`m confident in our pass rush, more so than our run defence.

FinsFan74
09-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Gadsden only ever needed one hand.Apparently so does Bess

ArmyFin7
09-01-2009, 03:22 PM
What happens when he runs sweeps to the left towards Joey Porter and Sean Smith ?

Porter stinks against the run and that is a weakness to Smith's game. If they pull over the right guard Dahl, who is a very good guard, over to the left on sweeps to knock out Ayodele, it could get ugly.

Have to do the same thing every other team does, depoend on reactionary skills. If you want to know whats going to happen on a play, watch the guards....If they're running a sweep to the left, both guards are going to pull left. Just have to hope these guys can read and react.

ckparrothead
09-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Desperation is a stinky cologne...

Avigatorx
09-01-2009, 03:28 PM
We should see what they'd give us for Jason Allen!

Clipse
09-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Can't blame them. Arguably the worst secondary in the league. Not going to change anything though.

qmar
09-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Apparently so does Bess

I would have to agree. When Cadillac Williams and Earnest Graham have their way against our starting Run D, it is a little scary to think what Turner can do. I'm just hoping those 370+ carries he had last year wore him down and he slows up a bit this year.

Fresh
09-01-2009, 04:03 PM
This move screams big day for Teddy in week one.

But as loud as those screams may be, I doubt Dan Henning hears them.

ckparrothead
09-01-2009, 04:07 PM
I would have to agree. When Cadillac Williams and Earnest Graham have their way against our starting Run D, it is a little scary to think what Turner can do. I'm just hoping those 370+ carries he had last year wore him down and he slows up a bit this year.

Honestly, I've been watching him this preseason and he's just been incredible. As good as last year. Maybe even better.

The guy he reminds me of is Jamal Lewis en route to that 2,000+ yard season of his.

phinphan4life
09-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Gadsden only ever needed one hand.

Big O only needed one hand because one of his hands were bigger than two of a normal human :lol:.

BAMAPHIN 22
09-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Can't blame them. Arguably the worst secondary in the league. Not going to change anything though.

I agree after looking at the following post:

Falcons cornerbacks on hot seat

Falcons coach Mike Smith was clearly displeased with the defense’s play against San Diego.

The target of much of his displeasure was cornerbacks Chris Houston and Brent Grimes, who have been running with the first team defense, for their lack of physical play in man-to-man situations.

The secondary was victimized on several third-and-long situations with catches over Grimes and Houston. The Chargers converted 7-for-8 on third downs in the first half.

“A lot of times, people just think it’s the secondary, but it’s not,” Smith said. “It’s team defense.”

However, Smith made it clear that he was not absolving the cornerbacks, who were left in man-to-man coverage with the Falcons blitzing on several of the third down conversions.

“I’m not absolving anybody,” Smith said. “Again, when we go out there and play, we play as a team, we play as a unit.”

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/falcons-cornerbacks-on-hot-127275.html?cxtype=rss_sports_82014

Predaphin
09-01-2009, 05:05 PM
No concern at all. It looks to me like hil had a careerhigh 3 interceptions his rookie year and has only had 1 interception in his follwoing 3 years. Smells like a one year wonder to me.

utahphinsfan
09-01-2009, 11:16 PM
I wonder if the Falcons regret jettisoning DeAngelo Hall?

dlockz
09-02-2009, 12:12 AM
I wonder if the Falcons regret jettisoning DeAngelo Hall?

well they did get solid trade value for him. Much more than we could ever get for Jason Allen.

tay0365
09-02-2009, 11:15 AM

Actually, you take Turner out of the game, Ryan will not be as effective. The running game is a QBs best friend, put a QB in a position where he has to throw, he will either be ineffective or force some balls for INTS.

Turner is the one that scares me, we will see.

jlfin
09-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Tye Hill was a good player when he was healthy. I might trade a late round pick to see if he can turn it around.

He was NEVER a good player. Never lived up to expectations.
On sirius NFL, they said he was likely to get cut anyways, so they worked out a trade for a 7th rd pick.
This trade is irrelevant to the Phins

utahphinsfan
09-02-2009, 05:53 PM
well they did get solid trade value for him. Much more than we could ever get for Jason Allen.

I never mentioned J Allen, but, there is a difference.

DeAngelo was & is a headcase while JA it seems is a blockhead.

finfan54
09-03-2009, 09:40 PM

ditto.