PDA

View Full Version : Stranger slaps crying child

dreday
09-02-2009, 08:35 PM
link (http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/02/georgia.tot.slapped/index.html)

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://hotchyx.com/)

A Georgia man allegedly slapped a toddler at a Walmart store because she wouldn't stop crying, authorities said.
Roger Stephens allegedly slapped a stranger's crying toddler in a Walmart store in Stone Mountain, Georgia.

Roger Stephens allegedly slapped a stranger's crying toddler in a Walmart store in Stone Mountain, Georgia.

Roger Stephens, 61, was arrested Monday and charged with first-degree cruelty to children. An incident report obtained from police in Gwinnett County indicated Stephens did not know the 2-year-old girl he stands accused of hitting.

The confrontation happened shortly before noon at the Walmart in Stone Mountain, a suburb of Atlanta.

According to the arresting officer, the child's mother said her daughter was crying as they walked down one of the aisles.

The mother said a stranger later identified as Stephens approached them and said, "If you don't shut the baby up, I will shut her up for you."

Bumpus
09-03-2009, 07:36 AM
:lol:
He should be popular in jail.

Dolphins7273
09-03-2009, 09:05 AM
I've felt like doing this so many times, but I would never do it.

SwimminInIndy
09-03-2009, 11:14 AM
As a father, man I would dig into someone if they did that to my son...That is crazy!

SpurzN703
09-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Of course the guy looks like he's the one who owns the haunted house around the corner...

mullet
09-03-2009, 01:03 PM
I've seen the link from a few friends and I can still agree that if I were involved in the situation, I would be the one with felony charges against me for pounding the guy into the nice WalMart floor.

NO ONE lays a hand on my child except maybe myself or my wife, but never a slap or 5.

Bobby Humphrey
09-04-2009, 02:03 AM
As a father, man I would dig into someone if they did that to my son...That is crazy!

i am not sure what digging into some one is ...... but i do know i would like to see it.

GoonBoss
09-04-2009, 03:45 AM

I notice there is no age identified.

Look, young kids are going to be young kids. That's the way it rolls. I personally did not tolerate ANY of the extended crying stuff. I would take the child to the car, and, after the spanking, we'd sit in the car, doing NOTHING other than me talking (Which is like torture) until the rest of the family that could act civilized got done.

OTOH...You touch my child and I will beat you to death where you fall. Sometimes people laugh at me when I say this...But I will die before another that i have not given permission to lays a hand on my kid. I've made my peace with it. It's not any sort of hyperbole.

GoonBoss
09-04-2009, 03:51 AM
Of course the guy looks like he's the one who owns the haunted house around the corner...

And the plan would've worked, except for those pesky kids and thier dog.

scodoublet
09-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Agreed!
I would beat the cr@p out of that guy, or worse, if he even thought about going near my child. He would never even get his hand in the air....