PDA

View Full Version : Vikings coach Childress: Peterson is best running back in NFL

BAMAPHIN 22
09-02-2009, 10:11 PM
In the debate over who is the best running back in the NFL, Vikings coach Brad Childress is agreeing with Jim Brown, not LaDainian Tomlinson.

Childress came to Adrian Peterson's defense Wednesday after Tomlinson took a few shots at Peterson in a recent Los Angeles Times story.

When asked about it at practice Wednesday, an unusually emphatic Childress said he's seen Peterson improve "by leaps and bounds" in all phases of the game since he entered the league in 2007.

"LaDainian is a hell of a back and he's entitled to his opinion," Childress said. "I'm going to tell you, my guy is the best football player in the National Football League and he's the best running back in the National Football League, and I believe that."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/09/02/tomlinson.vs.peterson.ap/index.html

tcolli17
09-03-2009, 12:49 AM
And he's completely right.

Ricky_Fan34
09-03-2009, 12:53 AM
LT is past his prime, Peterson has not yet reached his.

Possum
09-03-2009, 01:02 AM
yep thats why he is on my fantasy league.

Ricky_Fan34
09-03-2009, 01:16 AM
I got the pick right after he was taken, really annoying. Then i couldn't get to the draft in time so my 3rd overall pick was michael turner, when i wouldve taken larry fitzgerald.

emeraldfin
09-03-2009, 04:49 AM
Good job on stating the obvious Brad.

JCane
09-03-2009, 04:51 AM

Sun is bright.

Possum
09-03-2009, 05:00 AM
"Well, this team will have to score points if they want to win the game." - Jon Madden

emeraldfin
09-03-2009, 05:53 AM
"Well, this team will have to score points if they want to win the game." - Jon Madden

:lol:

Another John Madden classic

“Hey, the offensive linemen are the biggest guys on the field, they’re bigger than everybody else, and that’s what makes them the biggest guys on the field.”

JCane
09-03-2009, 05:55 AM

Another John Madden classic

“Hey, the offensive linemen are the biggest guys on the field, they’re bigger than everybody else, and that’s what makes them the biggest guys on the field.”

3Ply Stagliano
09-03-2009, 07:22 AM
I get the point Tomlinson is making though. Didn't Jim Brown say Peterson is the best running back he had seen in a long time? If I was Tomlinson, that would stick in my craw too. I don't think he professed to being a better rusher than Peterson, just a better player overall.

I would rather have the Tomlinson of a few years ago on my team than Peterson at the moment but agree LaDainian is living in the past a little. Still, he has to be confident and upbeat going into the season. It's probably not a good attitude for him to think 'I'm on the downward part of my career now and other players are better than me'.

Having written all that, he could simply have kept his mouth shut and that would probably be the best course of action. Tomlinson's response does come across as a little bit of a desperate plea from someone whose confidence has been rocked and is attempting to appear outwardly cocky. When he was at his best, I don't remember him feeling the need to say such things (although I could be wrong).

BobDole
09-03-2009, 11:30 AM
no ****. i rooted for him up until favre signed there.

Chubby
09-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Peterson is the best RB in the game right now. There is a reason why is the #1 Fantasy pick this year.
Chubbs

Vertical Limit
09-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Water is wet.

dreday
09-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Peterson is the best RB in the game right now. There is a reason why is the #1 Fantasy pick this year.
Chubbs

I'm glad hes on my fantasy team.:up: