PDA

View Full Version : If You've Ever Wondered What It Is To Be a Leader....

GoonBoss
09-03-2009, 02:49 AM
The opening scene of "Master and Commander" is about the best it can ever be done. You can literally read thoughts...Well, at least I can...of the principal leaders. If you haven't seen this absolutely fantastic movie, I suggest you do so forthwith. I seriously have nothing bad to say about this movie.

The ammount of masterful gamesmanship, backstabbing and how a coveted leader can de ball a subordinate by a very small action can be seen very clearly all within a few moments.

My god I love this movie.

BobDole
09-03-2009, 11:10 AM
saw it a few years back. was not impressed. i'll have to check that one out again.

GoonBoss
09-03-2009, 12:14 PM
saw it a few years back. was not impressed. i'll have to check that one out again.

i thought it was spectacular. The only annoying thing is the wildly varying volume levels.

Blackocrates
09-03-2009, 01:35 PM
It's an average movie. The only part I really liked was the Dr. doing his Darwin thing.

GoonBoss
09-05-2009, 01:50 AM
It's an average movie. The only part I really liked was the Dr. doing his Darwin thing.

It's not Citizen Kane but it's a reasonably good old style action movie. I thought it was an excellent study in military leadership.