PDA

View Full Version : tonight will be Devon Bess' final audition before he loses his job

Rixon
09-03-2009, 11:08 AM
How quickly the miami brass forgets that bess was 50% during the season last year. the kid is getting a bad break. Hartline doesnt have the hands and Camarillo is just not good enough.

PhinsPhan122
09-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Who's Devon Bess? Is he related to Davone?

Pinkboy
09-03-2009, 11:10 AM
What are you smoking ?

Bess will not lose his job, he is one of our slot guys who will be on the team.

ArmyFin7
09-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Is it a race thing again or a lack of football knowledge???

Bess is best suited as a slot reciever. It has nothing to do with Cam or Hartline....Bess is ideal as the slot reciever. He doesn't have the size or speed to be an effective #2, but will be a dangerous slot weapon.

Swantoon
09-03-2009, 11:13 AM
What are you talking about?

Lord Of Miami
09-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Is it a race thing again or a lack of football knowledge???

Bess is best suited as a slot reciever. It has nothing to do with Cam or Hartline....Bess is ideal as the slot reciever. He doesn't have the size or speed to be an effective #2, but will be a dangerous slot weapon.

I think it's more of a being 35 and being "assistant to the assitant manager" thing lol.This guy has to be just playing around......................Well i hope he is.

Adam First
09-03-2009, 11:14 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/altim-1.jpg

Rixon
09-03-2009, 11:15 AM
hes got the best hands on the team.
now im just tired of people knocking his speed. he should be the #2 his route running is second to none on the team and he proved this last year while playing hurt.

gdiaz0358
09-03-2009, 11:18 AM
I think Bess is nasty as at the slot. Im not sure if Cam or Heartline will be better @ #2 then he is. we will see what happens.

nick1
now im just tired of people knocking his speed. he should be the #2 his route running is second to none on the team and he proved this last year while playing hurt.

why should he be #2? he will have alot more openings and will do more damage out of the slot. just because he isnt named a starter doesnt mean he wont be playing alot. we will run 3 wideout sets alot this season maybe even 4 wide

oasis
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/whatchootalkinboutwillis-1.jpg

Pinkboy
09-03-2009, 11:19 AM

Sorry, but you need good speed to play outside.. Bess is very shifty and nifty in tight spaces, that's what makes him a good slot guy. Just like Welker is a slot guy.

But to play on the outside flanker, you can't be slow or you'll be eaten up. And Bess is just too slow to play out there and expect to have any success on an island.. Cornerbacks are simply faster than him and Bess cannot separate outside.

Swantoon
09-03-2009, 11:20 AM

Why put a round peg in a square hole? His speed is not great, but he is very quick. He is perfect for the slot. There is no reason to try to force him into the number 2 slot.

Emil305
09-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Bess does not lose his job bet on it... He is already on the final roster.

nick1
09-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Sorry, but you need good speed to play outside.. Bess is very shifty and nifty in tight spaces, that's what makes him a good slot guy. Just like Welker is a slot guy.

But to play on the outside flanker, you can't be slow or you'll be eaten up. And Bess is just too slow to play out there and expect to have any success on an island.. Cornerbacks are simply faster than him and Bess cannot separate outside.

well i agree with Bess playing slot but he is probably faster then Camarillo is and Welker is slanted as a starter although they will move him to slot in alot of situations. in the end I think Hartline needs to be the 2nd starter

Pinkboy
09-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Another problem with putting Bess outside as a #2 is it limits the routes you can throw to him.. He will only be able to run 2 or 3 very short routes.. So you can't expand your playbook properly

When that happens it limits your offense, but it also allows corners to get a beat on the ball, and having a better chance at picking off passes.

On the inside however at the slot, there are more route options for Bess for him to excel .

Rixon
09-03-2009, 11:25 AM
he was hurt last year. now fully healed he will not only be fast enough he will be quick as the dickens. great hands and good blocker. he played #2 last year and did great did you all forget this?

he is getting pushed aside and will be the #4 WR on this team behind harline and camarillo. SHAME on the current coaching staff.

SabanHater
09-03-2009, 11:26 AM
:tumbleweed:

Dr. Phin
09-03-2009, 11:26 AM
I don't care if he is #2 or in the slot...when all is said and done at the end of the year, I think Bess will have a bigger impact than Hartline or Camarillo...

Swantoon
09-03-2009, 11:27 AM
he was hurt last year. now fully healed he will not only be fast enough he will be quick as the dickens. great hands and good blocker. he played #2 last year and did great did you all forget this?

he is getting pushed aside and will be the #4 WR on this team behind harline and camarillo. SHAME on the current coaching staff.

You are wrong. He is not fast. At least not by speedy WR standards. He was never a burner in college. He will be the #3 receiver. Hartline and Cam are battling it out to see who is #2 and who is #4.

nick1
09-03-2009, 11:28 AM

incorrect sir he will be #3 no matter what. #2 is the spot up for grabs and why not run a 4 wideout set and get all of them on the filed? calm down man he will play and play as often as any of the WRs. are you trying to suggest you dont trust this coaching staff? after the season we had last year?

Rixon
09-03-2009, 11:32 AM
You are wrong. He is not fast. At least not by speedy WR standards. He was never a burner in college. He will be the #3 receiver. Hartline and Cam are battling it out to see who is #2 and who is #4.

I feel the miami current staff will put camarillo in the slot. this leaves bess the odd man out. its a shame because he is clearly better than hartline and/or camarillo. i mean its obvious. hes a black wes welker.

nick1
09-03-2009, 11:35 AM
I feel the miami current staff will put camarillo in the slot. this leaves bess the odd man out. its a shame because he is clearly better than hartline and/or camarillo. i mean its obvious. hes a black wes welker.

you just contradicted yourself, welker is not considered fast in any circle. and you compared Bess to him while trying to agrue Bess is fast :rimshot:

Swantoon
09-03-2009, 11:36 AM

As for that we will have to wait and see, but I don't think they will put Cam in the slot. Bess is a heck of a player, and I think he is better than Cam, but I believe the coaches will put players in the best position for them to succeed, whether that is a starting position or not.

Rixon
09-03-2009, 11:41 AM
you just contradicted yourself, welker is not considered fast in any circle. and you compared Bess to him while trying to agrue Bess is fast :rimshot:

bess is fast enough. his route running and his hands make up for lack of "blazing speed".

my problem is that he wont even be our #3. he is going to be our #4.

now I never said anything about the other two guys being white. Pls stop sending me racist comments . Im a black man and proud of it.

eger
09-03-2009, 11:44 AM
I disagree, they are using Hartline as a motivator to get Bess to perform better. This staff has done this in the past with other players.

I remember when we all though Ronnie would be benched.

IluvJuMiami
09-03-2009, 11:44 AM
:logic:

TrinidadDolfan
09-03-2009, 11:48 AM
tonight will be Devon Bess' final audition before he loses his job (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255197).

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4910&stc=1&d=1251992884

sn9ke.eyes
09-03-2009, 11:50 AM

If it's clear and obvious like you say, then that's what the coaching staff will do. It's not like they a vendetta against the guy, or are holding him back on purpose, they want him to do well.

JT-forpresident
09-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Bess will be our #3 WR, no matter what... that guy works the slot INCREDIBLY well, hartline isn't even close to making Bess budge out of his role

Howard Stern
09-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Rixon's threads make me want to puke. This is as bad as the thread about VD's dance in preseason. I never check who creates the threads before I go in them, I value almost all finheaven posters opinions. Unfortunately, I'll be checking the names from now on. Congrats on another nonexistent topic.

ckparrothead
09-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Are you Josh Freeman's father?

rev kev
09-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Bess will be our #3 WR, no matter what... that guy works the slot INCREDIBLY well, hartline isn't even close to making Bess budge out of his role

Agreed that Bess is a lock for lots of playing time - he proved he is a gamer when it counts.., preseason performers go away...

EvilDylan
09-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Rixon is in the running for worst thread starter ever.

Why are you turning this into a race thing too? Ridiculous.

Vaark
09-03-2009, 12:01 PM

Hey, if you really want to emphasize how misguidedly or unprofessionally our staff conducts their business, maybe you can sneak into practice and pull "A singletary"

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/11/2mqs12w-1.jpg

rev kev
09-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Rixon is in the running for worst thread starter ever.

Why are you turning this into a race thing too? Ridiculous.

Not great but not the worst thread ever - that trophy goes to me... :hump:

Rixon
09-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Rixon's threads make me want to puke. This is as bad as the thread about VD's dance in preseason. I never check who creates the threads before I go in them, I value almost all finheaven posters opinions. Unfortunately, I'll be checking the names from now on. Congrats on another nonexistent topic.

yeah? and who cares what you check or dont check boy?

Rixon
09-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Hey, if you really want to emphasize how misguidedly or unprofessionally our staff conducts their business, maybe you can sneak into practice and pull "A singletary"

VAARK i find that picture rude and degrading. please take it off. i know there are other members that feel the same.
thank you

sharp
09-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Not clear on whats going on here, and you claiming that Camarillo will beat out bess for slot WR? Come on, you know nothing.

EvilDylan
09-03-2009, 12:07 PM
VAARK i find that picture rude and degrading. please take it off. i know there are other members that feel the same.
thank you

I find your posts rude and degrading. please remove them, I know there are other members who feel the same. Thank you.

GoonBoss
09-03-2009, 12:08 PM
So, you're upset over what you suppose is going to happen, rather than anything factual?

JT-forpresident
09-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Agreed that Bess is a lock for lots of playing time - he proved he is a gamer when it counts.., preseason performers go away...

yup, and i didn't even talk about his return skills (statistically our most consistent/ our best PR out there ... )

Vaark
09-03-2009, 12:13 PM
thank you

I'll make a deal with you Rixon. I find offensive and distasteful your depiction of an unproven, so far, buffoonish HC in Fins garb as an exercise in wishful thinking to at some point replace the 2nd best HC we've ever had. I hold The Mooner in about as much reverence as I do Rex Ryan, and you see all the jpgs and gifs I generate on him.

So, my deal with you is lose that sig and everything it stands for, and I'll mothball Mooning Singletary until next we play SF or whatever team he ends up on. Otherwise "Howie, it's 'no deal.'

(as a gesture of my goodwill, this reply to you is SingletaryMoon-free)

Rixon
09-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I'll make a deal with you Rixon. I find offensive and distasteful your depiction of an unproven, so far, buffoonish HC in Fins garb as an exercise in wishful thinking to at some point replace the 2nd best HC we've ever had. I hold The Mooner in about as much reverence as I do Rex Ryan, and you see all the jpgs and gifs I generate on him.

So, my deal with you is lose that sig and everything it stands for, and I'll mothball Mooning Singletary until next we play SF or whatever team he ends up on. Otherwise "Howie, it's 'no deal.'

(as a gesture of my goodwill, this reply to you is SingletaryMoon-free)

I cant do that. So i guess ill just have to live with your SingletaryMoon pic.

Carry on.

NJPhinFan21
09-03-2009, 12:21 PM
*throws hand up in the air*

i have no idea what this thread is about. Bess is on the team...yes. This thread about race....yes. whats your deal man?

Kiick72
09-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Wow this thread didn't start well and nosedived in a hurry.

On the topic, I think it's going to be Ginn, Hartline, Bess in the slot and Camarillio 4th. Although Camarillio is near to every Dophans heart for saving us from that 0-16 moniker, I think Bess is the better choice over him. As far as #2 Hartline appears to be alittle better suited to it than Bess and as many have said Bess is clearly the best in the slot.
More importantly though is why are we worrying about an irrelevant title to the point of losing our collective cool. Guy's, it's just not that important.

Rixon
09-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Not clear on whats going on here, and you claiming that Camarillo will beat out bess for slot WR? Come on, you know nothing.

Bess will be the #4 wr.

NJPhinFan21
09-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Bess will be the #4 wr.

you simply lack Miami Dolphin football knowledge

Finsfalife
09-03-2009, 12:37 PM
This might be the worst 5 min Iv ever spent.....reading through this garbage....there are about 100 people who obviously know the situation telling one guy,who is obviously disgruntled with life, or our H.C, or our scouts who dont put a slot receiver in a position to fail as a #2, or a myriad of other things I do not wish to touch, the truth behind the situation. If you care to put a friendly wager on the depth chart for next week at ATL, I will kindly accept.

I understand this is a discussion board to discuss opinions, but it goes quickly from opinion to ignorance, to attention grabbing....Penny loves Bess, he will find him no matter where he is on the depth chart.....thread over

burger13
09-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Bess will be the #4 wr.

and if he is (which he won't be) it will be because that's what the coaching staff see's as best for the team? So why "shame on them"

I'm VERY curious to see what other motives you think there would be?? :snack:

NJPhinFan21
09-03-2009, 12:55 PM
and if he is (which he won't be) it will be because that's what the coaching staff see's as best for the team? So why "shame on them"

I'm VERY curious to see what other motives you think there would be?? :snack:

I do think his other motives are very obvious here...

FinsFan74
09-03-2009, 12:55 PM

Is Ashton Kutcher hiding somewhere? Are you punk'ing all of us because I am completely feeling like we're in an episode of the Twilight Zone right now....what the frig' are you talking about!? Bess will NOT lose his job! The receivers are being rotated through the lineup to see how they perform. This has been stated by Sparano and Co. throughout the WHOLE PRESEASON..and now you think he's about to lose his job?! Oh boy, my head hurts

Rixon
09-03-2009, 12:56 PM
its just a damn shame thats all.

burger13
09-03-2009, 12:58 PM

this thread? I agee.

The WR depth chart....however it plays out, nope. Best players will play.

burger13
09-03-2009, 12:59 PM
I do think his other motives are very obvious here...

I would just like to see if he will state them.

looks like the answer is no though.... :(

Finsfalife
09-03-2009, 01:00 PM

so who did you vote for in the last presidential election?....for the life of me I cant guess

Rixon
09-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Personally i feel Bess is even better than Ginn jr not by much but a more reliable option. I mean god forbid i mention this on to some you guys.

FinsFan74
09-03-2009, 01:02 PM
yeah? and who cares what you check or dont check boy?
You had to go there didn't you? Why do you feel like you had to call someone a "boy"? For someone wearing a suit in his profile pic that seems pretty immature, and unwise. We should all be adults here and not stoop to this ridiculous b.s.! I think you just singlehandedly distanced yourself from MANY Dolphins fans.

Rixon
09-03-2009, 01:09 PM
You had to go there didn't you? Why do you feel like you had to call someone a "boy"? For someone wearing a suit in his profile pic that seems pretty immature, and unwise. We should all be adults here and not stoop to this ridiculous b.s.! I think you just singlehandedly distanced yourself from MANY Dolphins fans.

stick to keeping this about the miami dolphins pls. im trying to.

Bess is getting the short end of the stick. i never mentioned race till some fool sent me an IM calling me a racist and calling me a monkey in a suit.

hopefully i distanced myself form Dolphin fans that dont know see the truth.

NJPhinFan21
09-03-2009, 01:12 PM

Bess is getting the short end of the stick. i never mentioned race till some fool sent me an IM calling me a racist and calling me a monkey in a suit.

ummm how bout you distanced yourself from just about all fin fanss on this board with the dumb thread.

TrinidadDolfan
09-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Bingo

ArmyFin7
09-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I would say you have definately managed to distance yourself from reality.

Vaark
09-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I don't know if you're suggesting some sort of subjective "predisposition" toward Cam and Hartline over Davone by our WR Coach, Karl Dorrell, since he runs that unit. If you're dissatisfied with his judgments to date (and I'd disagree) perhaps you can modify your wishful Singletary sig to to include NE's WR Coach Nick Caserio in Fins gear and whistle too.

Rixon
09-03-2009, 01:16 PM
ummm how bout you distanced yourself from just about all fin fanss on this board with the dumb thread.

how about i speak my mind.

bess should be the #2 WR on the team like a wes welker.
not the #4 like hes going to be.

FinsGonnaRock06
09-03-2009, 01:18 PM
i get i get Rixon was appointed the Finheaven CZAR, he is just trying out his new AUTHORITY.

greasyObnoxious
09-03-2009, 01:18 PM

Wes Welker isn't the #2 either. he's their slot WR. same position Bess is likely to play for us, not #4 as you imply.

FinsFan74
09-03-2009, 01:20 PM

hopefully i distanced myself form Dolphin fans that dont know see the truth.You can't be serious....stick to keeping it about the Dolphins? Um, I'm merely referencing your quote that had NOTHING pertaining to Dolphins info, so maybe I should be telling you to stay on topic....back to topic I guess, you speak like you have some type of intuition on the wide receiver situation. You say you're distancing yourself from excuse me "form" Dolphin fans that don't know or see the truth (Are we talking about the X-Files here?)...the only ones that really know about the wide receiver situation are Sparano and Co.......so before you make baseless assumptions, why don't you wait and see what transpires

FinsFan74
09-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Wes Welker isn't the #2 either. he's their slot WR. same position Bess is likely to play for us, not #4 as you imply.You're fighting a losing battle I think...it's not clicking for whatever reason

burger13
09-03-2009, 01:26 PM

please do. and we will continue to blast your baseless opinions. It's a win-win.!! :hi5:

care to address the question of WHY it will be a shame if in fact Bess winds up the #4 WR? If it were based off of ability like 99.9% of us here think it would be, then what is a shame about it? :ponder:

Rixon
09-03-2009, 01:29 PM
You can't be serious....stick to keeping it about the Dolphins? Um, I'm merely referencing your quote that had NOTHING pertaining to Dolphins info, so maybe I should be telling you to stay on topic....back to topic I guess, you speak like you have some type of intuition on the wide receiver situation. You say you're distancing yourself from excuse me "form" Dolphin fans that don't know or see the truth (Are we talking about the X-Files here?)...the only ones that really know about the wide receiver situation are Sparano and Co.......so before you make baseless assumptions, why don't you wait and see what transpires

I base my assumptions on what im seeing friend.
I go to alot of dolfin games and I pay to see them win. In order to win they must have the best players playing most of the time. Bess in my opinion is better than all our WR (yes including Ginn jr). I cant make it any clearer than that.

Dolphinpride09
09-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Bess will not lose his job. He's perfect for the slot. No way he's not starting.

ArmyFin7
09-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Send Ross your resume, ya never know....

burger13
09-03-2009, 01:31 PM
I go to alot of dolfin games and I pay to see them win. In order to win they must have the best players playing most of the time. Bess in my opinion is better than all our WR (yes including Ginn jr). I cant make it any clearer than that.

yes you can make it clearer.....WHY do you think that the coaches will put our best WR (in your opinion) 4th on the depth chart? :ponder:

Rixon
09-03-2009, 01:33 PM
so who did you vote for in the last presidential election?....for the life of me I cant guess

what are you implying?

NJPhinFan21
09-03-2009, 01:33 PM
so does Pat White deserve to be our #2 QB....just askin

Rixon
09-03-2009, 01:37 PM
so does Pat White deserve to be our #2 QB....just askin

do you feel he should be #2? just asking

Finsfalife
09-03-2009, 01:38 PM

Obviously this isnt cool and I would think 99.9% of the people on FH would agree theres no room for that garbage anywhere.

However to punish the rest of us (who are speaking on nonbiased facts) by creating a false thread obviously soaked with racial undertones and accusing the fans,coaches, and F.O of giving a black man the short stick also has no place here.

Our African American WR coach will put Bess ( a very talented receiver in the place he will help this team the most, and do the most damage to the opposing team- SLOT)

Sooooooo in lighter news, Davone Bess....over under 80 receptions this yr?

NJPhinFan21
09-03-2009, 01:39 PM
nope. i like Pennington, Henne & then White.
i bet you don't

ArmyFin7
I'll take the under. Penny spreads it around too much for anyone to snag that many imo.

Rixon
yes you can make it clearer.....WHY do you think that the coaches will put our best WR (in your opinion) 4th on the depth chart? :ponder:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&rlz=1T4GPTB_enUS291US329&resnum=0&q=davone%20bess&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

burger13
09-03-2009, 01:43 PM
http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&rlz=1T4GPTB_enUS291US329&resnum=0&q=davone%20bess&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

sorry...don't have time to watch the complete Davone Bess Youtube Anthology....

besides I don't what if anything that will tell me about WHY you think that the coaches will put our best WR (in your opinion) 4th on the depth chart?

FinsFan74
09-03-2009, 01:46 PM
I've paid to see them play for YEARS myself, just as many others here have. We ALL want to see them win. You are entitled to your opinion just like every other Dolphins fan is, but I'll take someone's opinion that watches game tape 24/7 and sees the little intricacies of each player on a daily basis over your opinion. The coaches are not out to create some kind of conspiracy theory which you are subliminally suggesting

Rixon
sorry...don't have time to watch the complete Davone Bess Youtube Anthology....

besides I don't what if anything that will tell me about WHY you think that the coaches will put our best WR (in your opinion) 4th on the depth chart?

i dont know why but that is what is happening. cam cameron did the same thing to ronnie brown.

jvw
But more importantly he's a liability on the running plays....Let him come in on 2 and 3rd down and move to the slot and do what he does best. He will play more minutes than Hartline, Just because he doesn't start doesnt mean a thing.....relax....the more guys we have that can play quality minutes the better we will be as a team.

NJPhinFan21
09-03-2009, 01:47 PM
i dont know why but that is what is happening. cam cameron did the same thing to ronnie brown.

HUH.

Rixon
09-03-2009, 01:48 PM
I've paid to see them play for YEARS myself, just as many others here have. We ALL want to see them win. You are entitled to your opinion just like every other Dolphins fan is, but I'll take someone's opinion that watches game tape 24/7 and sees the little intricacies of each player on a daily basis over your opinion. The coaches are not out to create some kind of conspiracy theory which you are subliminally suggesting

yes
just keep in mind that plenty of coaches get fired yearly in the NFL. Most of them watch game film 24/7 and they still get fired because they made mistakes. this is a personell mistake.

FinsFan74
09-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I go to alot of dolfin games and I pay to see them win. In order to win they must have the best players playing most of the time. Bess in my opinion is better than all our WR (yes including Ginn jr). I cant make it any clearer than that.You say that you base your opinions on what you see from the players. Maybe you should dedicate a little less time trying to figure out who's going to be the #2 receiver and spend a little more time spelling the name of your favorite football team correctly. Nothing will make your credibility plummet faster....seriously though, just let the thing play out.

TheDon74
09-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Damn I come back an hour later and this dude Rixon is still gettin kicked in the head. :crazy:

Rixon
09-03-2009, 01:54 PM
You say that you base your opinions on what you see from the players. Maybe you should dedicate a little less time trying to figure out who's going to be the #2 receiver and spend a little more time spelling the name of your favorite football team correctly. Nothing will make your credibility plummet faster....seriously though, just let the thing play out.

ok Mr. Spelling bee champ ill consider that.:thanks:

Finsfalife
09-03-2009, 01:57 PM
So why in your estimation did Cameron not use Ronnie....and why are they fooling themselves no into thinking Bess isnt a #2....in your opinion, everyone wants to hear you say it

FinFootballguy
09-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Hello Everyone, I just joined this football site. I have read all that has been put down on this tread and i have to say, im a little confused. I dont know why anyone is picking on Rixon. His opinion is Bess will be the #4 when he thinks hes the #1. I have to say, i believe he is best in the slot position, like Rixon said, a Wes Walker.

As for the over/under on 80. I say under. NOt even close. I would say 51,

TheDon74
09-03-2009, 02:04 PM
So why in your estimation did Cameron not use Ronnie....and why are they fooling themselves no into thinking Bess isnt a #2....in your opinion, everyone wants to hear you say it

Are you saying the NAACP should move from the Vick rally in Philly and march down here?

Rixon
09-03-2009, 02:06 PM

i dont know why Cam did that to ronnie. maybe the same reasoning he used when he opted to use a back up head coach during the season.

the Bess thing is a puzzle to me i thought maybe someone here could of helped me understand. just saying that coaches know whats best isnt good enough. if they always knew whats best the fins wouldnt have gone 1-15 two yrs ago.

TheDon74
09-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Hello Everyone, I just joined this football site. I have read all that has been put down on this tread and i have to say, im a little confused. I dont know why anyone is picking on Rixon. His opinion is Bess will be the #4 when he thinks hes the #1. I have to say, i believe he is best in the slot position, like Rixon said, a Wes Walker.

OH NO YOU DI'INT!!!

Vaark
09-03-2009, 02:08 PM

Welcome Rixon's mult; have fun while you're here

Rixon
09-03-2009, 02:14 PM
im really disapointed in a few members of this site.
not because you disagree with my opinion on who the fins should play but for calling me names on IM. goes to show what kind of people live among us.

Finsfalife
09-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Are you saying the NAACP should move from the Vick rally in Philly and march down here?

Exactly!

Finsfalife
09-03-2009, 02:22 PM
i dont know why Cam did that to ronnie. maybe the same reasoning he used when he opted to use a back up head coach during the season.

the Bess thing is a puzzle to me i thought maybe someone here could of helped me understand. just saying that coaches know whats best isnt good enough. if they always knew whats best the fins wouldnt have gone 1-15 two yrs ago.

I agree Cam didnt use Ronnie correctly.....whats our record when he touches the ball 20+ times?....

To answer your question, we have no idea what the Bess situation is seeing nothing has been decided. He will play the slot a lot and since the overwhelming census on this board and results from last yr 50+ receptions this year, will obviously play quite a bit, again Penny loves him.

Bess must have been hit hard by coachin bias his whole career tho....Didnt get into a powerhouse school like OSU like hartline, or Ginn....had to settle for Hawaii, Undrafted Free Agent bout 10000 receivers taken before him... hes overachieved and proved to all of us and the NFL hes a good #3. But there was and is a reason for the way coaches and talent evaluators have reacted to his skill set his whole career.

Bess is an intrical part of the offense and a slot receiver in the NFL....pretty sure if you told him that beginning of last yr hed piss himself

Finsfalife
09-03-2009, 02:26 PM
not because you disagree with my opinion on who the fins should play but for calling me names on IM. goes to show what kind of people live among us.

And its those people that paint a bad picture of everyone else, and continue the distrust in our society......frankly im tired of all of it. F$CKIN stop and lets talk dolphins

NJPhinFan21
09-03-2009, 02:30 PM

i'm not saying I don't believe you but..........I don't believe you.

give up the names that called you out on IM.

LDaniel7
09-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Guys, LAY OFF Rixon.

He's got a right to his opinion. I think he's mistaken, but still he's got 100 percent right to state what he believes w.o 20 different people getting antagonistic toward him. Be calm. Be civil. State your facts incisively.

Personally, I see Bess as a very marginal talent who gets catches b/c his game is best suited for the precise limitations/strengths of the starting QB. Bess is best behind and close to the LOS, in the slot, working down zones. He is exposed flanked out wide and man on man and in the red zone: he simply doesn't have deadly talent in those areas, barely even decent in those areas, in fact.

Any starting CB can cover Bess one on one down the field. That's a fact.

But Rixon is allowed to see what he sees. Time will tell. Heck, even "BOOMER," a supposed self-appointed guru poster who used to be in VIP here, thought that Bess was better than Hakeem Nicks. Nothing like seeing what you want to see in a player, I guess.

But my point is that if Boomer, a supposed forum guru, could see Bess as better than Nicks, surely Rixon should be allowed to wonder how such a "great talent" Bess can lose his number two status to such unimpressive players as Hartline or Cam or Turner.

Lay off. Show some love. Rixon's a Dolphan, after all.

LD

Rixon
09-03-2009, 02:33 PM
well said.

im going to watch the game tonight and enjoy it.

my prediction for bess this year is 60+ catches 800yrds and 7 tds.

Lazy1
09-03-2009, 02:35 PM

Your right for once, bess is the best receiver we have AT WHAT HE DOES. And that is running the slot. He is not and will not be a great flanker reciever. The thing you are wrong about is his # on the depth chart... that simply doesnt matter. Its almost a lock that bess will lead the dolphins in receptions this year and i dont care if they list him as the 5th receiver(they wont) but he will line up in the slot and will work the middle of the field like he did last year and catch everything thrown at him. Bess will be the dolphins first or 2nd option in our pass offense even if he is #3 on the depth chart... thats the difference you are not getting. You say we should use him like the pats use wes welker and again you are right, welker is there slot receiver aka 3rd on depth chart if you will but catches 100 passes a year...it doesnt matter where they have welker on the depth chart... because i know he will catch more passes than joey galloway this year and will be a bigger part of there offense, but like people have been saying to you about the dolphins players you have to have certain attributes to play outside and galloway will be there #2 because he is fast as **** and can spread the field ALLOWING someone like welker or bess to do there thing and have space in the middle of the field.

FinsFan74
09-03-2009, 02:36 PM

As for the over/under on 80. I say under. NOt even close. I would say 51,Rixon...way to create a new profile, nice move....you're spelling gave you away yet again j/k!

The_Phish
09-03-2009, 02:37 PM
You should have really put IMO in your title Coach! No way Bess loses his job... Not in a million years, I M O.

Rixon
09-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Rixon...way to create a new profile, nice move....you're spelling gave you away yet again!

hey i needed an ally.lol

i didnt do that man.

FinsFan74
09-03-2009, 02:42 PM
not because you disagree with my opinion on who the fins should play but for calling me names on IM. goes to show what kind of people live among us.In that aspect you are correct, we are all Dolphins fans no matter what color we are

FinsFan74
09-03-2009, 02:49 PM
hey i needed an ally.lol

i didnt do that man.
LOL...I think we're all antsy in anticipation of the start of the season...get the thing started already!

ladeback
09-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Whether we want to say it or not, his threads always have passive-aggressive, racial undertones. I'm not the only one that see's this for what it really is. It's just making waves in the house....it always is with Rixon.

Oh yeah I guess I'll say it like every other Dolphin fan here - Bess is our slot receiver. #3.

Pinkboy
09-03-2009, 03:01 PM
tonight will be Devon Bess' final audition before he loses his job
Too bad this isn't Rixon's final audition as a poster.

If we could all be so lucky.

Southbeach 2
09-03-2009, 03:11 PM
How quickly the miami brass forgets that bess was 50% during the season last year. the kid is getting a bad break. Hartline doesnt have the hands and Camarillo is just not good enough.

Rixon,

Thanks for the thread and the posts. It reminded me of the old Herald forum, when some would post BS for their "15 minutes" or just to bust chops.

You have out done them by race being brought in. Even the worst trolls on that forum stayed away from that. Not that I am comparing you to them.

We both know that you started all this to "stir the pot." There is absolutely, positively, beyond any shadow of any doubt, any info supporting your claim.

You made it up to bust chops, and be acknowledged. Well Done.

Did you think that most, hating your thread, would post this much?

LMAO!!!

Southbeach 2
09-03-2009, 03:15 PM
[/b][/b]
Too bad this isn't Rixon's final audition as a poster.

If we could all be so lucky.

The kid is looking for some attention. Give him a break.

fishypete
09-03-2009, 03:25 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/thumbnailaspxq1005582287411id76da253e933-1.jpg

What else is there to say?

skipp2myloo13
09-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Would you care to make a friendly wager about whether or not Bess becomes the 4th receiver, which u have assured us he will be? Im willing to bet a lot to say he will be the slot, but don't believe me, the only thing i got going for me is the fact im not a complete and utter idiot, and have an ounce of football knowledge.

Southbeach 2
09-03-2009, 03:46 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/thumbnailaspxq1005582287411id76da253e933-1.jpg

What else is there to say?

Is that a mule or a donkey? I don't know the difference. However, I do know an arse when I see one. LOL

Finsfalife
09-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Would you care to make a friendly wager about whether or not Bess becomes the 4th receiver, which u have assured us he will be? Im willing to bet a lot to say he will be the slot, but don't believe me, the only thing i got going for me is the fact im not a complete and utter idiot, and have an ounce of football knowledge.

I already offered him that bet.....no dice....suprise suprise

chewski
09-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Who cares what the title is , he is the best slot receiver on the team and he will continue to be. Its not a knock on Bess at all, Pennington needs someone bigger on everyday downs. If Turner played a little better he would of leapfrogged them all just to give Pennington a big target. And if anyone looks at parcell type teams, evryone has a role, Bess is a playmaker that will find his way on the feild no matter what.

burger13
09-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Who cares what the title is , he is the best slot receiver on the team and he will continue to be. Its not a knock on Bess at all, Pennington needs someone bigger on everyday downs. If Turner played a little better he would of leapfrogged them all just to give Pennington a big target. And if anyone looks at parcell type teams, evryone has a role, Bess is a playmaker that will find his way on the feild no matter what.

take your common sense elsewhere....there is no place for that in this thread.

didn't you read Rixon's posts?? Bess will be knocked down to 4th string....WHY? well that hasn't been explained yet...but the 2 white guys are definitely going to leapfrog him.

He has foreseen it. It is his density....umm...destiny.

Howard Stern
09-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Between outing Rixon's mult and the picture of singletary that upset him, Vaark has just became my favorite poster. I was one of the first people to realize how pathetic it is to have a pic of a coach who has done nothing in fins gear, as well as Moon in a fins uni. I am very glad everyone is catching on.

"hey I just joined this site and I am sticking up for Rixon". Hahaha I almost peed when I read that. How obvious.

FinFootballguy
09-03-2009, 04:11 PM
What the hell is a Mult?

why are u calling me out for sticking up for Rixon? I am entitled to my opinion as is everyone on here.

I joined this site to listen to everyones opinions when it comes to Dolphin fans. Not to judge anyone.

Howard Stern
09-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Hey Finfootball, who are you going to photoshop into a Dolphins jersey?

Wombat
09-03-2009, 04:25 PM
WHAT BLASHPHEMY IS THIS BLOODY THREAD?

DAVONE BESS IS THE KOBE BRYANT, MIXED WITH LEBRON JAMES OF THE NFL.

NO ONE, and I MEAN NO ONE, CAN STOP THE BESS!!!!. Bess is the King of the court here in Miami. Without Bess, the Dolphins will cease to exist. He has the whole fanbase in the palm of his hand. Davone Bess is the ONLY reason why amazing is in existence.

Rixon
09-03-2009, 04:27 PM
WHAT BLASHPHEMY IS THIS BLOODY THREAD?

DAVONE BESS IS THE KOBE BRYANT, MIXED WITH LEBRON JAMES OF THE NFL.

NO ONE, and I MEAN NO ONE, CAN STOP THE BESS!!!!. Bess is the King of the court here in Miami. Without Bess, the Dolphins will cease to exist. He has the whole fanbase in the palm of his hand. Davone Bess is the ONLY reason why amazing is in existence.

kid go watch one of your after school programs. get off the computer before your momma grounds you for not doing your homework afterschool.

FinFootballguy
09-03-2009, 04:28 PM
I can tell who who i would want to see in a dolphin jersey. As for the photoshop i will leave that for Rixon.

Can we keep this to talk about our Miami Dolphins.

Rixon
09-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Hey Finfootball, who are you going to photoshop into a Dolphins jersey?

son talk about football. dumb remarks like yours damage the credability of my threads.

Wombat
09-03-2009, 04:31 PM
kid go watch one of your after school programs. get off the computer before your momma grounds you for not doing your homework afterschool.

Listen here you HEATHEN, Davone Bess is the DAGGER. You must be a Jets fan for you to be hating on greatness. Davone Bess is this generation's Jerry Rice. He will utterly smash his competitors.

Howard Stern
09-03-2009, 04:36 PM
dumb remarks like yours damage the credability of my threads.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Damage the credibility of YOUR THREADS?!? That is impossible. You are the only poster on FH who has inspired a response thread DEMANDING that a mod revoke this excuse for a topic. Congratulations, once again. :crazy:

ckparrothead
09-03-2009, 04:55 PM
I swear if Josh Freeman's father was a Gumbel, he would be the guy in Rixon's avatar pic.

dolpns13
09-03-2009, 05:10 PM
One of the dumbest threads I have ever read.. thats my rebuttle

Southbeach 2
09-03-2009, 06:07 PM
son talk about football. dumb remarks like yours damage the credability of my threads.

How can you possibly accuse another for something you have already done? Now, you are starting to annoy me.

Wanna leave it alone, or continue? Either is fine with me.

Dr. Phin
09-03-2009, 06:30 PM
I can't believe I read all this crap....and the worst part of it...the whole point of either side is completely lost.

Does Rixon think Bess is good or not? Or does he think he's good, but somehow the coaches are all KKK members, so they make him a #4?

My take on it...Bess is probably one of the best receivers we have, and will have a bigger impact than Hartline or Cam...regardless of what # he is. He may just be a slot guy...but slot guys lately have been pretty damn important in this leage.

Southbeach 2
09-03-2009, 06:41 PM
:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Damage the credibility of YOUR THREADS?!? That is impossible. You are the only poster on FH who has inspired a response thread DEMANDING that a mod revoke this excuse for a topic. Congratulations, once again. :crazy:

It IS a Phins topic, regardless of how feeble and silly it may be.

IF yo do not care for it, why post to it? I have trouble understanding. I have led a sheltered life. JK/LMAO.

Phinatic8u
09-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Wow ?? Is it just me our does the title make no DAMN sense at all

skipp2myloo13
09-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Rixon, i truly hope this is all a joke. no human being should be that lacking in common sense. you are strongly arguing a point-i have no problem with that no matter how skewed i view it. But u do nothing to defend anything. U say he is going to be a 4, everyone says you are wrong (cause you are). But u say he should be given a chance, so you think he is good, but the coaches have something against him? is that what you are saying? I know i shouldnt use reason, because you are immune to it but lets break it down.
number 1 receivers job is to garner the most coverage, Ginn's speed does this. He is a number 1. he doesn't catch a lotta balls or out up the stats but he allows for others to be open over the middle (Cam, Bess, Fasano, Martin). The number 2 receiver should be Cam or Hartline. They can both get open, garner good coverage and can block well every run play. Then there is the slot, a slower, shiftier, sure handed guy fits this bill the best. Bess is a slot guy, he can never b a number one and would waste being a 2. hell get the most looks as a slot. Slot is not a down grade just a different skill set.

Wombat
09-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Davone Bess is sooooo amazing, I wore his jersey once and I actually flew into the sky.

SuperMarksBros.
09-03-2009, 08:53 PM
well this thread is random