PDA

View Full Version : PS3 or XBOX 360

dreday
09-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Which one do you think is superior in all terms?

Advantages for Xbox 360 :

Online Gaming
Large Gaming Library
More Ram Than PS3

Advantages for PS3 :

Blu Ray
Better Graphics
Extensible

This one is really tough

I myself is going to buy a gaming console but i am not clear

Which one is better?

BARF
09-03-2009, 02:26 PM
depends what you going to do more of watch blu ray movies or play on line vs. the world

QuenteK25
09-03-2009, 04:19 PM
As of right now the graphics lead does not go to the PS3 as games are not being made to fully utilize it's abilities.

Blu Ray is certainly superior though.

I have both and basically only use my PS3 for Blu Ray movies. I own a few PS3 exclusive games, but any other game I buy for the 360 instead since the online community etc is "better" (just my opinion).

dreday
09-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks fellas I may end up having to do the same thing.(Getting both).The wife and I love our blu-ray.Now just help me get her to agree to both.:chuckle:

Anyways, better now than waiting for Christmas.

BARF
09-03-2009, 10:15 PM
here is what i did, just let your wife buy 2 purses of the same price that it would cost for the console's, but definite if you are getting a blu ray player get the ps3, because there are updates for the blu ray player and it is better to have the ps3 since it is wireless internet compatible

dreday
09-04-2009, 02:02 PM
here is what i did, just let your wife buy 2 purses of the same price that it would cost for the console's, but definite if you are getting a blu ray player get the ps3, because there are updates for the blu ray player and it is better to have the ps3 since it is wireless internet compatible

:lol: Ive used about every excuse.In time you just have to use as much ingenuity as you can...Maybe I'll tell it to her EXACTLY the way you just described.

Confuse her,yep.I'm on to the next level!:lol:

Dolphins9954
09-06-2009, 11:53 AM
I can't believe people still ask this question. The question you should ask is what console will last longer and go from there. I think there will be another PS well before there will be another 360. PS3 sales are not good and they have fallen way behind the 360 and wii in sales. I'm sure Sony already has the PS4 in the works and is betting on that not the PS3. If you buy a PS3 you could very well run the risk of Sony making a new console sometime in the near future. Sony has lost tons of money on the PS3. I don't see it lasting long. 360 is hear to stay. Sales are good and 360 is making money. You also have Project Natal that's do out soon that will only add even more life to the 360. And pretty much every game on the PS3 is on the 360 as well. Really the only benefit of the PS3 is blueray. And you can buy a blueray player cheaper now. So that benefit is losing it's steam.

Clipse
09-06-2009, 01:43 PM
360, and it's not even close. 360 is superior in online gaming. The Downloadable Content totally trumps the PS3. I'm not sure about the PS3, but there are tons of mods for the 360. I'd also say 360 has more exclusive games games as well. I personally could care less for Blu-Ray, but if you want it, then I supposed get a PS3. Though I've seen Blu-Ray DVD players for under $200.

Ricky4Life
09-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Would go with the 360 any day of the week.

KDog13
09-06-2009, 08:29 PM
This question is not a question its more of being royal. Say i play PS3 and i do i would say PS3 is better cause i'm royal to that system. I don't hate XBox360 i have played it before. I think its good but both have cool things that are different to it. If you like Baseball PS3 is the System. If you like Halo XBox360 is your system. I hate the people who say PS3 or XBox360 sucks when most of the time they have never played one.

KDog13
09-06-2009, 08:32 PM
o Dre Day, if your going to buy a system based on price go with PS3, If you are going after more games go with XBox 360.

taylormvp99
09-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Go with the PS3. It's not even a decision. PS3 has a 1% failure rate while the 360 has a 45% failure rate.

The 360 may have a better online experience, but you have to pay $50 a year for it. PSN is free.

PS3 also has much better exclusives. It has:

Killzone
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Ratchet and Clank
LittleBigPlanet
Motorstorm
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
MLB The Show 09
Resistance
InFamous
Ninja Garden Sigma

Not to mention upcoming titles:
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
Gran Turismo 5
Ratchet and Clank 2
Twisted Metal PS3 (Rumored)

BARF
09-07-2009, 01:11 AM
even though live is 50.00 and psn is free, live is much better this is the case where free is not better

BARF
09-07-2009, 01:12 AM
oh and make sure u get the elite 360 if u get xbox

Ricky4Life
09-07-2009, 01:25 AM
oh and make sure u get the elite 360 if u get xbox

Exactly, now that the Elite is the same price as the price cut that the PS3 got.

taylormvp99
09-07-2009, 11:30 AM
even though live is 50.00 and psn is free, live is much better this is the case where free is not better
See, if you have live, you almost feel obligated to play it since you paid for it.

Clipse
09-07-2009, 02:40 PM
See, if you have live, you almost feel obligated to play it since you paid for it.
Sure, why not. Live is great.

schmitty8225
09-08-2009, 03:32 PM
PS3. You can get every game you could want. If you want an "xbox exclusive" get it for PC. Its better on PC. Xbox Live = a bunch of annoying dweebs talking ****.

childoftheko4n
09-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Not to start any fights, but anyone who says xbox by far because of exclusives and game library is simply joking themselves and only have an xbox. I have had both, and while xbox live is better than PSN, the PS3 is hands down the superior console. No exclusives for PS3? you obviously avoid looking at them because you cant play them. Sales are way behind the xbox? Except they have been FLYING off shelves with the new PS3 Slim.

I have enjoyed both consoles, but i def say the PS3 is hands down the better overall system, and i people who just rip the PS3 simply hate what they dont have.

Tpaddle
09-09-2009, 02:32 PM
i traded in my 360 for a PS3 a few months ago...haven't looked back and have been very happy with it

bucket656
09-12-2009, 12:59 PM
listin to me right now. buy a ps3.
why you might ask??

well let me tell you.

you can download any movie onto your playstations hdd. watch it anytime you want.
the online gaming for the ps3 is completly free ( no havin to pay for xbl).
have you ever even heard of the sixaxis? ****s takin over
theres a built in wireless adapter built into the ps3 ( to buy one for the 360 its $100)
the playstation store is remarkable
have you ever heard of playstation @ home?
theres soo much u can do if you have a psp to link up with your ps3.
you dont have to buy the brands accessories, (you can use ANY blue tooth to use as a mic to talk to ppl while your playing, or you can have a video chat( you can get a ps2 eye off ebay for .99. it costs more to ship it then it does to buy it.)
dont even get me started on the graphics.
the gameplay is so smooth.
the ps3 has a web browser, go on finheaven from your ps3.
the ps3 is pretty much a computer.

AquaInferno
09-20-2009, 03:53 PM
I have both, and the argument that 360 is better online is silly and so "last gen" The PS2 SUCKED online since it was non uniformal, but with the dawn of PSN and it being free, and PS Home, and the PS Store etc. It's impossible to say one is better than the other for online, it just so happens more of your friends bought a 360 because it came out first and is a little bit cheaper. The fact of the matter is, when I bought my $600 60 GB PS3 my controller had a built in battery, I had wifi built in etc. To get the 360 up to snuff it costs a bit of money, let's factor in the fact that PS3 is now $300, and it's by FAR the better value. And allow me to repeat myself, I have and enjoy BOTH, but only for certain games. Smackdown VS Raw online for PS3 is garbage because it's ported, so some games do vary but overall PS3 is the better value and if you don't play wrestling games you'll be just fine with it.

AquaInferno
09-20-2009, 03:57 PM
listin to me right now. buy a ps3.
why you might ask??

well let me tell you.

you can download any movie onto your playstations hdd. watch it anytime you want.
the online gaming for the ps3 is completly free ( no havin to pay for xbl).
have you ever even heard of the sixaxis? ****s takin over
theres a built in wireless adapter built into the ps3 ( to buy one for the 360 its $100)
the playstation store is remarkable
have you ever heard of playstation @ home?
theres soo much u can do if you have a psp to link up with your ps3.
you dont have to buy the brands accessories, (you can use ANY blue tooth to use as a mic to talk to ppl while your playing, or you can have a video chat( you can get a ps2 eye off ebay for .99. it costs more to ship it then it does to buy it.)
dont even get me started on the graphics.
the gameplay is so smooth.
the ps3 has a web browser, go on finheaven from your ps3.
the ps3 is pretty much a computer.

Well said, I forgot about points such as the browser, and the bluetooth headsets. 360 costs too much to get on the PS3's level, if you want to buy a system and 2 games and have a great day, get the PS3. If you NEED to have what your friends have, get a 360 and a shopping cart, cause you'll need to buy a lot of extras, including a XBL card, but at LEAST with 360 Component cables come free, so not everything is all PS3 lopsided. I try to stay unbiased as possible.

taylormvp99
09-22-2009, 03:08 AM
You get a component cable with the 360, but everyone should get an HDMI cable no matter which system they have.

QuenteK25
09-22-2009, 12:23 PM
I've got both and unless I'm watching a Blu Ray movie my PS3 just sits there. Killzone 2 was ok but didn't hold my interest. Same with MLB 09 the Show....etc...

Alkahall
12-18-2009, 12:30 AM
Well here is the deal.. simple as this do u want a system with a high fail rate 42-52% or a PS3 with a 1-3% fail rate. Simple choice for me!

jamessmart
12-23-2009, 01:26 PM
It purely depends upon the requirement. What you need whether to play games or blueray movies? So depending upon this you need to decide the box. My choice is PS3 not the Xbox 360.

BLITZKRIEG
02-24-2010, 10:27 AM
THE PS3 RULES!!! It does so much more than just play video games....

~BK~

PassRush
03-13-2010, 11:09 PM
No matter which system you get, you are going to be happy with it. I have a PS3 and love it,

my unbiased breakdown: I like the fact that PSN is free, but you get what you pay for. PSN works fine, but the 360s interface is so much more userfriendly. I heard somewhere that Sony is developing a new, optional PSN that will cost around the same as to compete with Live, but for now, 360 has the edge online.

Blueray is cool, I dont use it, but its nice to have if thats what you're into

Exclusive titles, it depends on what you like. I kind of wish I could play Halo, but personaly I would take GOW 3 over it any day. Most of the really great titles are out for both systems anyways in my opinion.

One big thing about the X-Box, is people are always talking about the "red circle of death" or some such thing. I dont know what it is, but I hear about it happening to alot of people and when it happens your system is done, you gotta send it back to Microsoft and that could take weeks, and it might cost you, I dont know how they handle it. No such issues with the PS3. Thats a big one in my book.

After all that, I guess it comes down to your controller preferance.

Ricky_Fan34
03-14-2010, 12:45 AM
Well, I have both and had a terrible experience from my xbox since day 1, and have still not in 2 years had a single problem with my ps3. Ultimately, it's your choice, but as far as I'm concerned the ps3 is a better value based on my experience.

Tiko377
03-15-2010, 12:29 AM
get a PS3 SLIM its 299.99, blu ray, better exclusives( god of war , uncharted etc) more stable (no rrod) online is free and lag free.

i have both i just use my xbox for its exclusives cuz i am not a pc gamer so i play halo and etc on that.

both are good but if i were to only have 1 it would be the ps3

Greatness920
03-15-2010, 08:51 PM
god of war 3 comes out tonight!!! whos goin to the midnight release! i am...

ryanosaur2000
03-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Go with the PS3. It's not even a decision. PS3 has a 1% failure rate while the 360 has a 45% failure rate.

Hmmm...1% failure rate v's 40%? It's more like 10% v's 30% buddy. And if your machine does break down, its a damn sight easier to keep your data with the 360 than the PS3.

Ricky_Fan34
03-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Basically, this is the advice I'd give to the OP.

Go Xbox if:
- you don't mind the risk of it being sent off
- you are interested in gaming with your friends
- you are a halo fan
- if you don't mind paying $50 for live

Go PS3 if:
- you like blu ray
- if you are into graphics
- if you don't mind not being able to play with as many of your friends

Arsenal WV
03-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Xbox360 > PS3

Ricky_Fan34
03-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Xbox360 > PS3
Based on what? Have you ever even played a PS3?

ffphin
03-20-2010, 09:38 PM
I was a huge fan of the 360 until it broke down on me right before I deployed. When I called them they told me that I would have it before I left 34 days.... I didn't get it back until after I left plus 10 days. I bought a PS3 when I got back and my 360 sits there and collects dust except for 360 exclusive games (Mass Effect - Which was awesome). The PS3 is a lot better free live, blue freakin ray, & great graphics. The only thing I don't like about my PS3 is sometimes my controller turns off out of no where & that I only have one (my wife likes to play as well). My vote is PS3!!

redbeard75
03-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Not gona bash 360 but I like the ps3 more personaly. None of this helps you though, you can read this same crap somewhere else.

PassRush
03-22-2010, 09:39 AM
I feel I posted a pretty unbiased, usefull sumary on the last page, so I feel now I have some room for bias... Having been on a God of War III binge the past two days, you are a fool if you dont get the Playstation 3, and God of War III, you are a fool. If you choose a Playstation for God of War III alone, your decision is justified. The game really is that good.

Chubby
03-22-2010, 11:34 AM
I feel I posted a pretty unbiased, usefull sumary on the last page, so I feel now I have some room for bias... Having been on a God of War III binge the past two days, you are a fool if you dont get the Playstation 3, and God of War III, you are a fool. If you choose a Playstation for God of War III alone, your decision is justified. The game really is that good.
It would be a bad idea to make your full purchasing decision over one game, even though the game is amazing.

Go on to Youtube or google xbox360 vs PS3. Their is a great 7 or 8 part video breaking down both systems from top to bottom.

It will help you make an educated decision.
Chubbs

Arsenal WV
03-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Based on what? Have you ever even played a PS3?

Based on what? I can't just give my opinion, but I have to have detailed information as to why I think a 360 is better than a ps3?

My roomie in college had a PS3, I had a 360, I played the PS3 quite often and yeah it has cool graphics, but the online play isint nearly as good as the 360's. Plus, you can only get certain games for 360 that you can't for ps3 such as every Halo game, Gears of War, many more. Plus the 360 has so much cool stuff you can do from the dashboard on it that the ps3 doesnt have.

taylormvp99
03-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Based on what? I can't just give my opinion, but I have to have detailed information as to why I think a 360 is better than a ps3?

My roomie in college had a PS3, I had a 360, I played the PS3 quite often and yeah it has cool graphics, but the online play isint nearly as good as the 360's. Plus, you can only get certain games for 360 that you can't for ps3 such as every Halo game, Gears of War, many more. Plus the 360 has so much cool stuff you can do from the dashboard on it that the ps3 doesnt have.
Typical response from a 360 fan.

360 exclusives:
Mass Effect Series
Halo Series
Gears of War Series
Left 4 Dead Series
Fable Series
Forza Series

PS3 exclusives:
Uncharted Series
God of War Series
Heavy Rain
MLB 10: The Show
Ratchet and Clank Series
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Motorstorm Series
Littlebigplanet
Ninja Garden Sigma
Killzone Series
Resistance Series
Metal Gear Solid 4
InFamous

The PS3 has better exclusives and it's not even close.

Also, what is the "cool stuff" that you can do on the dashboard.

sinPHIN
03-27-2010, 08:25 PM
i believe the 360 is way better. ps3 has some good games like gow3. but all my friends that have both only play thier 360's and only use thier ps3's for blu ray. i also think 360 has a better library. but the down side is you pay for live whick i think is worth it

sinPHIN
03-27-2010, 08:26 PM

360 exclusives:
Mass Effect Series
Halo Series
Gears of War Series
Left 4 Dead Series
Fable Series
Forza Series

PS3 exclusives:
Uncharted Series
God of War Series
Heavy Rain
Ratchet and Clank Series
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Motorstorm Series
Littlebigplanet
Ninja Garden Sigma
Killzone Series
Resistance Series
Metal Gear Solid 4
InFamous

i dont think anything ps3 has can touch mass effect 2. by far the best game

Arsenal WV
03-30-2010, 05:44 AM

360 exclusives:
Mass Effect Series
Halo Series - like
Gears of War Series- like
Left 4 Dead Series
Fable Series - like
Forza Series - like

PS3 exclusives:
Uncharted Series
God of War Series
Heavy Rain
MLB 10: The Show - liked
Ratchet and Clank Series - liked
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue -
Motorstorm Series
Littlebigplanet
Ninja Garden Sigma
Killzone Series
Resistance Series
Metal Gear Solid 4
InFamous

Out of all those games listed. I'm going to highlight the ones I've played and actually liked

Arsenal WV
03-30-2010, 05:45 AM

360 exclusives:
Mass Effect Series
Halo Series
Gears of War Series
Left 4 Dead Series
Fable Series
Forza Series

PS3 exclusives:
Uncharted Series
God of War Series
Heavy Rain
Ratchet and Clank Series
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Motorstorm Series
Littlebigplanet
Ninja Garden Sigma
Killzone Series
Resistance Series
Metal Gear Solid 4
InFamous

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360#Dashboard

:3w::3w::3w:

taylormvp99
03-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Out of all those games listed. I'm going to highlight the ones I've played and actually liked
You can't discount some PS3 games because you either didn't play them or like them. I mean, Uncharted 2 beat the almighty Modern Warfare 2 in game of the year virtually everywhere last year.

taylormvp99
03-30-2010, 09:00 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360#Dashboard

:3w::3w::3w:
There's nothing you can do on the dashboard that you can't do on the PS3 besides voice and video chats. Plus, PS3 has an internet browser.

Arsenal WV
04-05-2010, 08:38 AM
I have a computer, why would I need an internet browser on my ps3?

Possum
04-05-2010, 08:46 AM
can't access spankwire on your ps3.

Arsenal WV
04-06-2010, 07:03 AM

Or MrChewsAsianBeaver....:boohoo:

taylormvp99
04-20-2010, 04:32 PM
I have a computer, why would I need a 360 for Mass Effect or Left 4 Dead?

bucket656
11-15-2010, 03:42 AM
your doin it wrong then.

dreday
12-17-2010, 08:37 PM
LOL,im getting something for xxx-mas,and i already have the ps3!!

Dolfan984
12-18-2010, 06:47 PM
I have a computer, why would I need a 360 for Mass Effect or Left 4 Dead?

OWNED! LOL and ME2 is coming out for PS3.

PS3 all the way and it's not even close. :)

Clipse
12-19-2010, 01:50 PM
OWNED! LOL and ME2 is coming out for PS3.

PS3 all the way and it's not even close. :)

PSN is a joke compared to XBL. That alone puts the 360 above the PS3 for me. But still, PC remains superior to any console.

Dolfan984
12-20-2010, 05:45 AM
PSN is a joke compared to XBL. That alone puts the 360 above the PS3 for me. But still, PC remains superior to any console.

PSN works just fine for me. I play a ton of madden online. I also don't have to pay for it! :D

And yes PC is the best. It has almost all the XBOX exclusives I can't play on PS3.

FinsNCanes
01-10-2011, 05:28 PM
I have both so I'll give you my un-biased take..

XBOX -

Cheaper (depending how you look at it)
More kids, racism when online
Hardware is garbage (that's a fact), you can expect it to fail at some point
Coming into 11' it's limited due to it's hardware alone (you're pretty much seeing all the 360 can push out at this point while programmers are now "getting it" with the PS3)
Pay $50 to play online, and per CES 11 the 360 has 30 million registered users online
No Blu-Ray
Better controller in my opinon

Playstation -

More expensive, however it comes with Blu-Ray (2 gadgets, one price)
Free to play online
PSN per CES 11 currently has 60 million registered users online compared to 360s 30 million (this one suprised me sort of)
Better hardware, more room to grow due to cell processor chip (graphics and such) coming into 11 and beyond
Looks better than the 360 in my opinion, not to mention it's quieter

PC is still supreme no matter how much the console folk want to say it isnt ;p. I just don't like paying hundreds of dollars for a graphic card alone anymore. To be honest though from people I've talked to it seems more people are going towards the PS3 this year. I guess the exclusives are looking real good, not to mention the other stuff I wrote earlier in the post (besides...Killzone 3 comes out next month PS3 only ;D)

Locke
01-10-2011, 06:36 PM
I own both and find myself only really playing my XBOX 360. XBOX just has more games, which means they have more good ones. I loved the Uncharted games on PS3, but anything else on there was either available on XBOX too, or sucked. The selling point for me is the gamer score on XBOX and the achievements. I know PS3 has the same thing with trophies, but for whatever reason, having it as a numerical value makes me want to compete with my buddies to get a higher score. It's a total dick-swinging contest, I know, but its fun. If PS3 had that, I might be into it a little more...

Eli_Manning
01-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Queers of War 3 > PS3

WeVie
04-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Reasons I like PS3 better

I like the controller better
Free Online play, not that I play online much anyway but still
Better Hardware
The PS3 exclusives are some of my favorite games
I don't like first person shooters so Halo makes no matter to me

I would like to play Gears of War though.