PDA

View Full Version : Beck and 2nd string Ravens O drive 90 yards on Atlanta #1 D

Pinkboy
09-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Everyone keeps talking about Atlanta's offense, but Atlanta's starting defense got clobbered against Baltimore's 2nd/3rd string offense in the first half of tonight's game.. And it was from John Beck at QB.. On the opening drive they had 91 yards on them for a TD, and more good drives on them in the 1st half early in the game with another TD.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3859433

^^ Look how much Atlanta fans are panicking regarding their sieve defense.

What do you say about that ?

Chimera0777
09-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Did we really have to bring Beck up?

SSnowman
09-04-2009, 12:48 AM
The Beck homers will be in here soon to tell you that's it's because Beck is so good.

Pinkboy
09-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Forget about Beck.

Let's talk about Atlanta's starting D playing against a 2nd/3rd string offense. And playing poorly.

DolfanDuBbZ~
09-04-2009, 12:56 AM
Forget about Beck.

Let's talk about Atlanta's starting D playing against a 2nd/3rd string offense. And playing poorly.

I don't believe anyone when talking about ALT brought up their D. It was their OFF. No question that D is abit suspect, to say the least. Either way, I don't expect any type of cake walk week 1. I believe it will be a hard nose fight, period.

Ricky4Life
09-04-2009, 12:56 AM
I think it is finally setting in for them that they really have to see the weakness that is there defense. It reminds me a lot of the Marino years, you have a great QB, with some offensive weapons but the defense can not stop anyone. Just like back then as well the only hope they have this season is to try and out score everyone they play.

Huffer
09-04-2009, 01:17 AM
I don't care if you like Beck or not..... he never got a fair shot to make it here. I hope the guy gets a chance and does well. He was here during turbulent times and was purged in favor of a more prototypical qb. I don't feel sorry for him or think we made a mistake.... I just don't think he was given a real shot to adjust to the NFL here.

Pandarilla 72
09-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Dudes, just got finished browsing that site and they seem to unanimously agree that they should beat us (porous D or no).

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3859742

Tiko377
09-04-2009, 01:40 AM
well atl's secondary is terrible ... beck aint that bad hes a good backup IMO the thing that bothered me tho when we saw him play for us he seemed to make way too many mistakes to be considered as a starter for us. i guess one more knock on him was his age.

Fl_Neil
09-04-2009, 01:50 AM
Beck is so good. OMG why'd we let him go guys he is so goooddd. OMG
OMG Look at what beck did he is so gooooodd. OMG we should have drafted MATT Ryan OMG BECK IS SO GOOD Look at what he did VS atlanta.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_1rSm2MDM4

Cali Finfan
09-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Beck is so good. OMG why'd we let him go guys he is so goooddd. OMG
OMG Look at what beck did he is so gooooodd. OMG we should have drafted MATT Ryan OMG BECK IS SO GOOD Look at what he did VS atlanta.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_1rSm2MDM4

You are actually using OMG... Like totally OMG...

Tiko377
09-04-2009, 01:59 AM
dam didnt know beck was 28 years old already

Cali Finfan
09-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Seriously though, WHO the "blank" cares what he is doing with the second and third string offense of the ravens. He is no longe a Dolphins, so what he is doing today does not affect our team... I am not a Beck hater, I even liked the guy but he is not on our team anymore so who cares...

Cali Finfan
09-04-2009, 02:01 AM
dam didnt know beck was 28 years old already

That was one of the biggest knocks on him coming out of BYU was that he had gone on a mission and was 26 when drafted...

72champagne
09-04-2009, 02:01 AM
i'd say it's the worst defense we'll face all year but i already have.

rob19
09-04-2009, 02:02 AM
Everyone keeps talking about Atlanta's offense, but Atlanta's starting defense got clobbered against Baltimore's 2nd/3rd string offense in the first half of tonight's game.. And it was from John Beck at QB.. On the opening drive they had 91 yards on them for a TD, and more good drives on them in the 1st half early in the game with another TD.

Imagine what our offense is gonna do :kick:

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 02:31 AM
I knew the Beck haters would make excuses for his solid performance. Look at it like this. Beck played 5 times as much for the Ravens this preseason even though he missed a couple games due to injury than he did for us last year.

If you still think Beck was cut due to a lack of talent last year, you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Beck could have performed this well had he been given the opportunity to last year.

Admit it. You same guys who were saying he sucked last year (because he couldn't play to prove you wrong) were also saying he sucked this year when he hadn't played but one qtr.

Now is the first time he has really had the offense handed to him since his rookie year and you can't even admit you are wrong because he showed talent where you said he had none.

Bill made a mistake. He shouldn't have appeased the Beck haters in the fan base.

Tiko377
09-04-2009, 02:32 AM
all those amazing beck throws smh @ the person who made this thread.... those long beck throws werent even nice and underthrown also! the atl cb's where all out of place

Kdawg954
09-04-2009, 03:02 AM
Would sure be nice to have a SOLB prospect with that Pat White pick . . . not for nothing, I like Pat . . but a top 12 2nd round pick? I dunno about that one. Sintim, Barwin, Kruger, Cody Brown and Michael Johnson sure look enticing . . . and Beck as a 3rd stringer I didn't have a problem with at all.

And Beck clearly didn't have a chance here.

Clipse
09-04-2009, 03:05 AM
I knew the Beck haters would make excuses for his solid performance. Look at it like this. Beck played 5 times as much for the Ravens this preseason even though he missed a couple games due to injury than he did for us last year.

If you still think Beck was cut due to a lack of talent last year, you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Beck could have performed this well had he been given the opportunity to last year.

Admit it. You same guys who were saying he sucked last year (because he couldn't play to prove you wrong) were also saying he sucked this year when he hadn't played but one qtr.

Now is the first time he has really had the offense handed to him since his rookie year and you can't even admit you are wrong because he showed talent where you said he had none.

Bill made a mistake. He shouldn't have appeased the Beck haters in the fan base.
:lol2: He does suck, and fortunately for us, the Falcons secondary is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Clipse
09-04-2009, 03:06 AM
Would sure be nice to have a SOLB prospect with that Pat White pick . . . not for nothing, I like Pat . . but a top 12 2nd round pick? I dunno about that one. Sintim, Barwin, Kruger, Cody Brown and Michael Johnson sure look enticing . . . and Beck as a 3rd stringer I didn't have a problem with at all.

Didn't need a chance. He proved in the time that he got that he sucks.

GoonBoss
09-04-2009, 03:10 AM
So, just so I get this right; Miami is much better than we played in pre season. Atlanta's performance in the pre season will be directily indicitive of thier play in the regular season.

that about right?

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 03:11 AM

I agree. There were several top LBs there like Sintim and some solid WR picks as well. White was BPs choice I'm sure.

And having Beck in camp would have at the very least kept Henne honest and made him work harder.

And if he still performed like he did and Beck did this well for us, we would just have a different backup this year.

Competition was great for this team last year. Why didn't they keep that philosophy for the QB position.

That position is way too important to screw it up like that.

Parcells needs to let Ireland and Sparano shop for the groceries now IMO.

Good football decisions has no place for ego.

Clipse
09-04-2009, 03:13 AM
[quote=GoonBoss;1063056299]So, just so I get this right; Miami is much better than we played in pre season. Atlanta's performance in the pre season will be directily indicitive of thier play in the regular season.

I thought it was pretty obvious Atlanta had a horrible secondary before Beck ripped them a new one.

Clipse
09-04-2009, 03:14 AM
I agree. There were several top LBs there like Sintim and some solid WR picks as well. White was BPs choice I'm sure.

And having Beck in camp would have at the very least kept Henne honest and made him work harder.

And if he still performed like he did and Beck did this well for us, we would just have a different backup this year.

Competition was great for this team last year. Why didn't they keep that philosophy for the QB position.

:lol: Please keep it up. I don't mind the laughs. Parcells gets rid of a career third stringer in Beck so he should be fired for his ego?

GoonBoss
09-04-2009, 03:15 AM

Excellent post. This is why I will shed no tears when Parcells leaves. I poked lots of fun at Beck, but i really had no issue with him as the #3, and pushing.

I think the White pick was a terrible one. I guess we'll see.

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 03:18 AM
Didn't need a chance. He proved in the time that he got that he sucks.

Yeah a QB should always show greatness his rookie year.

signed,

Elway, Aikman, Bradshaw, Griese, Favre, Eli, Peyton, Tom Brady, Young :crazy:

Clipse
09-04-2009, 03:21 AM

signed,

And each of them showed they had something. Beck showed nothing. As bad a rookie season as you could possibly get. Hence why Parcells, who knows much more than you or I, got rid of him.

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 03:22 AM
Excellent post. This is why I will shed no tears when Parcells leaves. I poked lots of fun at Beck, but i really had no issue with him as the #3, and pushing.

I think the White pick was a terrible one. I guess we'll see.

I agree. I don't trust Parcells to let the football guys make the decisions. He is management now.

So, while I appreciate him hiring Ireland and Tony, he can leave anytime he wants, and I won't cry over it either. :boohoo:

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 03:27 AM
And each of them showed they had something. Beck showed nothing. As bad a rookie season as you could possibly get. Hence why Parcells, who knows much more than you or I, got rid of him.

You mean the same Parcells who chose Quincy Carter to start over Romo? The same guy that drafted a 6 foot 200 pound QB in the second round that is light years away from being an NFL QB?

THAT Bill Parcells?

I'll take Cam's opinion on a QB any day over Bill's. Bill can't carry Cam's jock when it comes to knowing the NFL QB position.

Bill is a defensive guy. He needs to leave the offensive decisions to guys who know offense, period.

kud
09-04-2009, 03:28 AM
Dudes, just got finished browsing that site and they seem to unanimously agree that they should beat us (porous D or no).

They are a foolish bunch who don't respect their opponent. It's just gonna hurt more if/when reality smacks them in the face. They also seem to have an inflated view of how good their offense really is.

MadDog 88
09-04-2009, 03:29 AM
It's simple. Beck was not their draft choice. They didn't want him. Not unusual to bring in guys that you want who fit your mold. Beck didn't.

Now, could we please get over Beck and talk about Dolphin players?

72champagne
09-04-2009, 03:29 AM
So, just so I get this right; Miami is much better than we played in pre season. Atlanta's performance in the pre season will be directily indicitive of thier play in the regular season.

that about right?
exactamundo

Clipse
09-04-2009, 03:33 AM
You mean the same Parcells who chose Quincy Carter to start over Romo? The same guy that drafted a 6 foot 200 pound QB in the second round that is light years away from being an NFL QB?

THAT Bill Parcells?

I'll take Cam's opinion on a QB any day over Bill's. Bill can't carry Cam's jock when it comes to knowing the NFL QB position.

Bill is a defensive guy. He needs to leave the offensive decisions to guys who know offense, period.
Please, name all the right decisions he made. So White's a bust? Good to know you feel that way after not playing in a single regular season game. Makes it even easier to disregard your opinion. Cam? Cam Cameron? :lol: Ah you Beck lovers are hilarious in every way. No GM has ever been perfect, thankfully Parcells has been less wrong than most of em. And you still complain, pathetic. But that's how you guys work. Had Parcells kept Beck to be the 3rd string QB, he'd be the greatest GM of all time. But since he got rid of that waste of a roster spot, he's horrible and needs to be fired. :chuckle:

Clipse
09-04-2009, 03:36 AM
It's simple. Beck was not their draft choice. They didn't want him. Not unusual to bring in guys that you want who fit your mold. Beck didn't.

Now, could we please get over Beck and talk about Dolphin players?
No room for logic 'round here. Beck wasn't a fit here, we get rid of him. Simple as that. Though being a 2nd year QB at 28 years old and playing poorly never helped his case either...

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 03:40 AM
:lol: Please keep it up. I don't mind the laughs. Parcells gets rid of a career third stringer in Beck so he should be fired for his ego?

Did I say to fire Parcells? Um that's right I didn't. I just said he needs to let the guys who know offense make the decisions on offense. Let Ireland do his job. Let Sparano do his. It is his ego that makes him interfere instead of letting Ireland and Sparano do their job. When there is competition at every position except QB, you KNOW that was ordered from upstairs. And getting rid of Beck, it has become even more obvious now, was done to eliminate competition. And Beck not being allowed to play in preseason last year was done for the same reason.

So, it's clear that Parcells interferes. And who is going to argue with him? And we just don't need more poor decisions like this to happen.

The sooner Parcells quits the better IMO.

Clipse
09-04-2009, 03:45 AM
Did I say to fire Parcells? Um that's right I didn't. I just said he needs to let the guys who know offense make the decisions on offense. Let Ireland do his job. Let Sparano do his. It is his ego that makes him interfere instead of letting Ireland and Sparano do their job. When there is competition at every position except QB, you KNOW that was ordered from upstairs. And getting rid of Beck, it has become even more obvious now, was done to eliminate competition. And Beck not being allowed to play in preseason last year was done for the same reason.

So, it's clear that Parcells interferes. And who is going to argue with him? And we just don't need more poor decisions like this to happen.

The sooner Parcells quits the better IMO.
Parcells, the one guy who always brings people in to compete and light a fire under people, got rid of Beck to eliminate competition? :lol: Keep going, I haven't had enough yet.

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 03:45 AM
Please, name all the right decisions he made. So White's a bust? Good to know you feel that way after not playing in a single regular season game. Makes it even easier to disregard your opinion. Cam? Cam Cameron? :lol: Ah you Beck lovers are hilarious in every way. No GM has ever been perfect, thankfully Parcells has been less wrong than most of em. And you still complain, pathetic. But that's how you guys work. Had Parcells kept Beck to be the 3rd string QB, he'd be the greatest GM of all time. But since he got rid of that waste of a roster spot, he's horrible and needs to be fired. :chuckle:

Lying doesn't help your case. I never said that White was a bust....yet.

I just said that was a poor pick. When White is the starting QB in Miami, I will admit I was wrong. But, then there will be the Henne pick....

And there is also the running Beck out of town without a true chance to compete.

It's easy to say someone made a poor decision a few years down the road after it has become a fact.

I am just beating everyone to the punch.

MadDog 88
09-04-2009, 03:46 AM

THAT Bill Parcells?

Yes the same Parcells who was the GM for the Jets the off season they chose Chad Pennington.

It's interesting that you give Beck that 3 year window of development but have already decided White will never make it! :err:

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 03:46 AM
Oh and newsflash, Parcells is NOT the GM.

MadDog 88
09-04-2009, 03:47 AM

I just said that was a poor pick. When White is the starting QB in Miami, I will admit I was wrong. But, then there will be the Henne pick....

And there is also the running Beck out of town without a true chance to compete.

It's easy to say someone made a poor decision a few years down the road after it has become a fact.

How will Beck prove anything when he is sitting on the Bench behind Flacco?

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 03:52 AM
Yes the same Parcells who was the GM for the Jets the off season they chose Chad Pennington.

It's interesting that you give Beck that 3 year window of development but have already decided White will never make it! :err:

I'm just looking at QB skills. It's not like it's rocket science.

Quick tell me who was an all pro 6 ft under 200 pound QB who was more a runner in college more than a passer.

BINGO!!!

NONE!!!

There is a reason for that. But, Bill knows that White is going to beat that rap?

And what about his confidence in Henne to be the QB of the future?

Out the window too huh?

Bill used a high second round pick to get a player who will see the field 8 plays a game OR be forced on more because Bill says so.

What a crock.

For some reason, I doubt Ireland and Sparano was 100 percent on board with that pick.

MadDog 88
09-04-2009, 03:56 AM
You do realize that Pat White was not drafted to be more than an emergency NFL QB and to contribute in spread formations. I am not happy he was taken in the second but the Pats were interested in him and I would bet that was a factor in the decision.

As for Henne, if you talked to Parcells and he told you his confidence level in Henne is gone then I bow to you.

MadDog 88
09-04-2009, 03:57 AM
Again, how does Beck show anything when he is the 3rd stringer?

Clipse
09-04-2009, 03:58 AM

They ran Beck out of town because he sucks. When will you ever get it?

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 03:59 AM

Beck doesn't have to prove anything.

The fact that he was run out of town based on his performance as a rookie shows a total lack of knowledge about QBs. Or an upper management's desire to appease a fan base instead of making sure the best players are on the field.

But, if Beck DOES get to play due to an injury or whatever, and he plays well, Parcells will be looked at as an idiot IMO.

When Parcells builds a championship team, it will be his first. He only coached a well built team to a championship. he NEVER built one himself.

So, don't give me that BP homerism crap.

And I give Sparano and Ireland the credit for finding and molding the talent on the team.

Parcells does know defense. But, he needs to be hands off on offense IMO.

Clipse
09-04-2009, 03:59 AM
He won't. He's never going to be a starter in this league. After the Raven's axe him, these Beck lovers will spam their board with how he wasn't given a fair chance to compete. So on and so forth.

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 04:03 AM
They ran Beck out of town because he sucks. When will you ever get it?

He only sucks in your mind.

Unfortunately for you, the game isn't played in your mind. And Beck's 108 QB rating for this preseason seems to indicate he doesn't suck like you believe.

How are you going to spin that I'd like to know?

DolfanDuBbZ~
09-04-2009, 04:04 AM
I am in the camp of not being sold w/ the White pick. His inability to drop back from center was eye opening. I too still believe a LB or WR at the early 2nd round pick would of been nice. I mean 2 2nd round picks sitting on the sideline with clipboards isn't productive.
I won't bash Beck for what happened during his time in MIA. He played behind one of the worst if not the worst offensive lines in the NFL. Unlike some here *cough* Xpac, I don't dwell on the misfortunes of a player. I wish Beck the best.

BTW: Bill Parcells isn't 100% in all his decisions... E. Wilford, Q. Carter, B. Carpenter (since 2006 Carpenter has ALL of 50 tackles and 1.5 sacks) quality 18th overall pick there I must say. But this draft, might end up being one of the tops MIA has had in a decade or so.

Clipse
09-04-2009, 04:05 AM
I'm just looking at QB skills. It's not like it's rocket science.

Quick tell me who was an all pro 6 ft under 200 pound QB who was more a runner in college more than a passer.

BINGO!!!

NONE!!!

There is a reason for that. But, Bill knows that White is going to beat that rap?

And what about his confidence in Henne to be the QB of the future?

Out the window too huh?

Bill used a high second round pick to get a player who will see the field 8 plays a game OR be forced on more because Bill says so.

What a crock.

For some reason, I doubt Ireland and Sparano was 100 percent on board with that pick.
How many other QB's in college had more rushing yards than White? None. How many other QB's in college won 4 bowl games? None. Beck has less talent in his whole body than White has in his foreskin... White hasn't looked very good under center, but has looked good when playing in shotgun. That'll take some time to get used too I'm sure. I was pissed about the White pick at 1st, simply because you had Sintim and Barwin still available. But I won't be so foolish to claim White a bust. And after seeing all the talent we have at OLB, I'm so mad anymore. Beck wasn't given a chance because he showed the people that mattered, he didn't deserve it. Plain and simple.

72champagne
09-04-2009, 04:05 AM
chainsaw and becky benchwarmer sitting on a tree, c u t t i n g.

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 04:07 AM
He won't. He's never going to be a starter in this league. After the Raven's axe him, these Beck lovers will spam their board with how he wasn't given a fair chance to compete. So on and so forth.

hahahaha. You kill me. Are you that confident that Flacco won't EVER get hurt? You are so sure that Troy Smith who totally blew this preseason is going to hold John off from playing in that case?

Beck is ready to play in the NFL now. He obviously wasn't and wasn't supposed to be in 2007.

But, that is probably over your head isn't it?

Clipse
09-04-2009, 04:11 AM
Beck doesn't have to prove anything.

The fact that he was run out of town based on his performance as a rookie shows a total lack of knowledge about QBs. Or an upper management's desire to appease a fan base instead of making sure the best players are on the field.

But, if Beck DOES get to play due to an injury or whatever, and he plays well, Parcells will be looked at as an idiot IMO.

When Parcells builds a championship team, it will be his first. He only coached a well built team to a championship. he NEVER built one himself.

So, don't give me that BP homerism crap.

And I give Sparano and Ireland the credit for finding and molding the talent on the team.

Parcells does know defense. But, he needs to be hands off on offense IMO.
Coaching staff get's to see Beck every day in practice. They know much more about the game of football than you do. It's pretty obvious when someone just doesn't have it, and Beck doesn't have it.

The thing you don't seem to understand is Beck is a 28 year old, 2nd year player. If he was say a 22 year old 2nd year player, then maybe the coaching staff keeps him? But at 28, it's a total waste of time to try and develop him. If he was a 28 year old vet who's played a few years, perhaps the coaching staff keeps him?

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 04:15 AM
How many other QB's in college had more rushing yards than White? None. How many other QB's in college won 4 bowl games? None. Beck has less talent in his whole body than White has in his foreskin... White hasn't looked very good under center, but has looked good when playing in shotgun. That'll take some time to get used too I'm sure. I was pissed about the White pick at 1st, simply because you had Sintim and Barwin still available. But I won't be so foolish to claim White a bust. And after seeing all the talent we have at OLB, I'm so mad anymore. Beck wasn't given a chance because he showed the people that mattered, he didn't deserve it. Plain and simple.

1. Those rushing yards translate in the NFL how?

2. So, one qtr of play is enough huh? And all of his hard work in the off season was too much for them or what? I don't get it. Wow these people that matter must really be geniuses at the QB position. But, they must be morons at every other position on the team. They required ALL preseason for the rest of the positions before they knew who could and couldn't play. But, they could tell about the QB position after just one QTR of play? Do you REALLY believe that ****?

CMON MAN!!! Quit drinking the koolaid. It ain't healthy dude.

Clipse
09-04-2009, 04:15 AM

Unfortunately for you, the game isn't played in your mind. And Beck's 108 QB rating for this preseason seems to indicate he doesn't suck like you believe.

Only game he played good in was against the Falcons, and the worst secondary in the league. Didn't play much against the Jets, didn't play in week 2. 1 pass in week 3. And then week 4. That explains it.

Clipse
09-04-2009, 04:17 AM
hahahaha. You kill me. Are you that confident that Flacco won't EVER get hurt? You are so sure that Troy Smith who totally blew this preseason is going to hold John off from playing in that case?

Beck is ready to play in the NFL now. He obviously wasn't and wasn't supposed to be in 2007.

But, that is probably over your head isn't it?
Yep, I'm totally confident Troy Smith holds off John Beck from playing. Beck ready to play in the NFL. :lol: That's enough laughs for now, I'll see ya later.

Clipse
09-04-2009, 04:19 AM
1. Those rushing yards translate in the NFL how?

2. So, one qtr of play is enough huh? And all of his hard work in the off season was too much for them or what? I don't get it. Wow these people that matter must really be geniuses at the QB position. But, they must be morons at every other position on the team. They required ALL preseason for the rest of the positions before they knew who could and couldn't play. But, they could tell about the QB position after just one QTR of play? Do you REALLY believe that ****?

CMON MAN!!! Quit drinking the koolaid. It ain't healthy dude.
I was referring to the practices he participated in almost every day. I'm sure you forgot about those.

MadDog 88
09-04-2009, 04:41 AM
10 days from opening kickoff and we are discussing the Ravens 3rd string QB. I'm out!:foundout:

dlockz
09-04-2009, 06:05 AM
Never understood why we cut Beck. So because he is not playing up to his pick, that sucks but dont tell me he deserved to get cut. I would much rather have Beck as our third qb than White.

emeraldfin
09-04-2009, 06:27 AM
:deadhorse:

finfan54
09-04-2009, 07:09 AM
Forget about Beck.

like i said before. WC and two rookie DB's-one cb one S-so glad preseason is done!!!! Lets bring it on!!!!

jlfin
09-04-2009, 07:31 AM

Revisionist history. Willfully ignorant.

DolfanDuBbZ~
09-04-2009, 07:47 AM

All those accolades mean what at the next level? How many former Heisman winning qb's falter at the next level? How many of those great Univ. Of Florida qb's and their stats end up translating to the NFL?
And unless MIA decides to be a pure shotgun team, like the ole run and shoot I don't see how only being good in shotgun means a darn thing at the next level.
Fact is MIA will have 2 2nd round picks starting the season on the sideline w/ a clipboard when MIA still has holes that need to be addressed.
Am I saying Beck should of stayed....NO. But that argument for White is worn out and hasn't translated a darn thing to the NFL.

nyjunc
09-04-2009, 08:21 AM

There is nothing, positive or negative, to take out of a final preseason game.

Vaark
09-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Beck is gone; I didn't think he got a fair deal and had more going for him although that was a definitely a minority opinion. :lol: What I do think is that on a game by game basis, and quality of competition basis, this preseason has shown that neither Beck nor Henne are developmentally as bad or good as many would have everyone believe. Be that as it may though, the fact remains that he's no longer a Fin so we should all just along.

dolphinator86
09-04-2009, 09:06 AM
I like that one guy who was like Miami will score 34 atleast woot woot.....if our guys play our game that many points mean they are rarely on the field.......i am not worried Sean Smith, Will Allen, and Vontae Davis will do well on their recievers and we will have to devote someone to Gonzalez to make sure he doesnt go off but then you have 8 to blitz and stuff turner and with the way our D got after it last night i like the way things look

Canadianfishfan
09-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Not to say Beck has any pocket presence.. to be be honest.. there was no pocket for the guy when he played here. Our Oline was awful!

GeauxFinns3705
09-04-2009, 09:22 AM
I love how they have posters that tell their fans "go be a fan of another team"...LOL. I guess every team has those "enforcers".

SabanHater
09-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Remember when Cam Cameron told the media "I want my players to go out there and fail"?

God.... he was such an idiot!

redclamcrowder
09-04-2009, 09:47 AM

The Lions went 4-0 during the preseason last year. I guess that meant they were a good team with a promising season ahead of them because of that stellar preseason performance.... ummm, what happened again?

Wake up dude, preseason CAN SOMETIMES be a useful evaluation tool, but more often than not PRESEASON DOESN'T MEAN SQUAT! If you're gonna beat a dead horse and argue all about 'poor, unfairly treated' Beck, at least present an argument worth making:up:

redclamcrowder
09-04-2009, 09:51 AM

BTW Greyboy, your thread was a good idea, but you should have known better:buds:Anytime the name Beck gets brought up on this board, you're bound to attrack at LEAST one or two people who will argue about Beck's treatment over and over until those disagreeing get tired of debating and quit, or the Beck lovefest sputters and craps out.

Either way, while I don't put a lot of stock into preseason, I do believe that Atlanta's defense will be their downfall this year. Given the level of talent found on that side of the ball, it looks the offense will have to carry that team throughout the season. Another poster in here made a pretty good comparison to some of Marino's years where Miami had an awesome offense, but couldn't stop anybody when the ball changed hands. Hopefully Atlanta's defensive woes continue and Miami is able to capitalize in Week One:hi5:

mmikel30
09-04-2009, 10:17 AM

And Beck clearly didn't have a chance here.I hated the p. white pick, and he has show nothing to impress other than looking like a smurf !

rev kev
09-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Let's trade P White and Henne for Beck...?

rev kev
09-04-2009, 10:20 AM
The Lions went 4-0 during the preseason last year. I guess that meant they were a good team with a promising season ahead of them because of that stellar preseason performance.... ummm, what happened again?

Wake up dude, preseason CAN SOMETIMES be a useful evaluation tool, but more often than not PRESEASON DOESN'T MEAN SQUAT! If you're gonna beat a dead horse and argue all about 'poor, unfairly treated' Beck, at least present an argument worth making:up:
Not for a few bounces and the Lions would have made the Play offs

FinFrenzy
09-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Remember when Cam Cameron told the media "I want my players to go out there and fail"?

Fail forward Fast..........what an idiot....:hi5:

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Coaching staff get's to see Beck every day in practice. They know much more about the game of football than you do. It's pretty obvious when someone just doesn't have it, and Beck doesn't have it.

The thing you don't seem to understand is Beck is a 28 year old, 2nd year player. If he was say a 22 year old 2nd year player, then maybe the coaching staff keeps him? But at 28, it's a total waste of time to try and develop him. If he was a 28 year old vet who's played a few years, perhaps the coaching staff keeps him?

What part of Parcells and NOT the coaching staff made that decision don't you understand?

And I would rather have 10 years from a quality QB than 15 years from a crappy one. So, until Miami had a QB of the future that had been proven to be better than Beck (Henne hasn't proved squat yet) I'd just as soon try to develop that second round pick instead of waste it.

Parcells not Sparano, decided to waste it.

And yes I will hold him accountable if Beck succeeds elsewhere.

And after his 108 passer rating showing poise, zip AND accuracy which none of our current QBs have, Beck is already on his way to doing just that.

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 11:25 AM

Geeez, you are reaching.

Cam never said it that way.

Anyway, failing at a thing IS a great teacher if you learn the lesson. If you missed that concept, that is your problem. The rest of us knew what he was talking about.

PhinzN703
09-04-2009, 11:28 AM

Doesn't mean it will translate over to next Sunday. I hope we kick their ***

ebozzz
09-04-2009, 11:31 AM

signed,

Just so you know, most if not all of those QBs struggled a lot during their rookie seasons....

EDIT: I just read your post again. Was your point that all of those great QBs struggled in their first seasons? If so, :oops:.......

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 11:36 AM

No one said that winning games is important in the preseason. YOU are the only one that mentioned that. But, you DID mention using it as an evaluation tool.

And having watched the throws Beck made and the results he got, Stevie Wonder can see that you can't honestly claim Beck "sucks" and simply doesn't have the tools to make it in the NFL as many on here have done.

Beck has finally received the chance to showcase his skills that he didn't receive in Miami. And all I'm saying is, he proved the guys claiming "he sucks" wrong with emphasis.

As I and others have said, he clearly has what it takes. It doesn't mean he WILL succeed in the NFL. But, anyone claiming he just won't has been proven to be among the clueless at this point.

And I'm happy for John that he did. He is a hard worker and a good kid with talent. Too bad we have too many fans who didn't want to see it.

SabanHater
09-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Geeez, you are reaching.

Cam never said it that way.

Anyway, failing at a thing IS a great teacher if you learn the lesson. If you missed that concept, that is your problem. The rest of us knew what he was talking about.

reaching???? no, he didn't say it like that???? yeah because I love to come on the boards and just make $#!& up. Here's the link, genius. He did say it like that, and I did understand the message. It was stupid!!! Do you see Sparano telling them to fail? No, because if they suck butt they don't play for him. reaching. funny stuff.

http://video.aol.in/video-detail/cam-cameron-fail-forward-fast/216172828982567051

fishypete
09-04-2009, 11:54 AM
That why you play the games.

spiketex
09-04-2009, 11:55 AM
I saw some of the Ravens footage and Beck looked pretty good. On top of the TDs he presented several very catchable fast balls that were dropped. He also looks like he has beefed up.
It's all water under the bridge now, but he didn't get much of a chance in Miami and now it looks like he is a decent backup in Baltimore. One hopes that the 2nd round draft pick for Pat White returns a dividend.

ckparrothead
09-04-2009, 11:58 AM
John Beck debates are like genital warts.

fishypete
09-04-2009, 12:00 PM

OUCH...That bad eh?:d-day:

Howard Stern
09-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Did a John Beck thread just go 6 pages? Come on, guys. We have less than a week !!!

finman38
09-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Parcells, the one guy who always brings people in to compete and light a fire under people, got rid of Beck to eliminate competition? :lol: Keep going, I haven't had enough yet.

Take your Parcells god glasses off and go and watch Becks performance last night and judge for yourself. Parcells ego got in the way, and now we will pay for it for years ,henne is not the future.

finner
09-04-2009, 01:44 PM
John Beck terrorized Atlanta to?

Skree
09-04-2009, 02:11 PM
... but he didn't get much of a chance in MiamiThat is the single most often repeated lie in the whole Beck argument.

It's totally unfounded and while there is tons of evidence disputing it, I have yet to see anyone post a single item of evidence to suport it.

Not 1 quote from any player or coach (while there are plenty of statements about the equal competition between the 3 QB's before Penny), no evidence of fewer reps (with plenty of writers and Sparano statements that they were equal, no video evidence, nothing that can substanciate that Beck did not get a "chance".

I hope he does well and wish him the best (unless he starts a game against us) and here, in Miami, with this organization, he got an EQUAL "CHANCE" in a 3 way competition and came up short.

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 02:41 PM
That is the single most often repeated lie in the whole Beck argument.

It's totally unfounded and while there is tons of evidence disputing it, I have yet to see anyone post a single item of evidence to suport it.

Not 1 quote from any player or coach (while there are plenty of statements about the equal competition between the 3 QB's before Penny), no evidence of fewer reps (with plenty of writers and Sparano statements that they were equal, no video evidence, nothing that can substanciate that Beck did not get a "chance".

I hope he does well and wish him the best (unless he starts a game against us) and here, in Miami, with this organization, he got an EQUAL "CHANCE" in a 3 way competition and came up short.

This "chance" you are speaking of came before the first preseason game. It came while the offense was being put in. And during this chance the quote from Sparano was that they were in a dead heat still with no separation before the pickup of Penny.

After Penny came on board, the competition was over.

Are you saying that competitions at ANY position let alone the hardest on the field should be decided in just 3 weeks of camp and preseason games should not be also used?

That idea is ridiculous.

Anyone with an open mind knows that Beck was railroaded with not much if any chance to prove himself on the field.

And as fans we could pay the price with a weaker team on the field as we watch our offense struggle to move the ball while Beck is lighting it up in Baltimore.

So no one is lying. You are simply ignoring the facts.

spiketex
09-04-2009, 03:08 PM

I'm sure that John would be impressed by your tasteful analogy.

thefranchisedef
09-04-2009, 03:41 PM
okay.. so the fact that beck played WAY better than Henne this preseason, you think henne is better? Beck wasn't given a chance, when parcells took over.. im okay with that.. Beck is going to be good, i said it a long time ago! good luck to him!

finner
09-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Beck is a maven. Period. The dude can chuck the duck with goose in the martini glass. We should have kept him
for good laughs
watch his
passes
wobble and flutter like
dead quails…

Yep. He’s a keeper for sure. Pro Bowl this year or next. Put it in the crack pipe and smoke it.

Adam First
09-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Why did this turn into a Beck thread? This thread is about the 2nd team Ravens offense...which is probably worse than a Division III college team, showing up the first team Atlanta D and the benefit that could give us next Sunday.

Skree
09-04-2009, 06:06 PM
This "chance" you are speaking of came before the first preseason game. It came while the offense was being put in. And during this chance the quote from Sparano was that they were in a dead heat still with no separation before the pickup of Penny.Now please state exactly how the circumstances during that competition was any different for the 3 QB's involved. That is the case you cannot make.

After Penny came on board, the competition was over.Nice one. Repeat what I already said as if it adds weight to your argument. Obvious much ?

Are you saying that competitions at ANY position let alone the hardest on the field should be decided in just 3 weeks of camp and preseason games should not be also used?

That idea is ridiculous.Gee Wally, you read my post. Did I say that ? Or are you just making stuff up and arguing with yourself ? (again to try to add weight to your unmarketable case ?)

By the way are you really positive that they only had 3 weeks to look at the QB's in question ?

Anyone with an open mind knows that Beck was railroaded with not much if any chance to prove himself on the field.Anyone with an open mind (='s anyone without a mancrush on Beck) could see in the preseason games that simply did not have the poise (it factor) that Henne did.

Or is having an open mind only equivalent to agreeing with your opinion ?

And as fans we could pay the price with a weaker team on the field as we watch our offense struggle to move the ball while Beck is lighting it up in Baltimore.Yes, it was obvious the way this team imploded last year due to getting rid of Beck that you are 100% correct.

Here is what is so funny. You point the finger at Henne and at Beck trying to demonstrate some huge difference. Never taking into account there are 4 different teams involved. But I guess if you actually took everything into consideration maybe your "open mindedness"(='s Without Beck gloom and doom for Miami) might suffer irreparable damage.

So no one is lying. You are simply ignoring the facts.What facts have you quoted to represent Beck never got an equal shot ? WHere is the disparity in reps ? Where are the facts of disparity in not getting equal time with the 1st team ? What facts ?

All I see is opinion backed up by hyperbole.

WVDolphan
09-04-2009, 06:59 PM

John Beck blows.

AdamC13
09-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Wow...rarely has there ever been a player who has done so little for a team receive so much love and attention.

WVDolphan
09-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Wow...rarely has there ever been a player who has done so little for a team receive so much love and attention.

Yes. Their names are Jason Allen and Brandon London.

utahphinsfan
09-04-2009, 08:09 PM

On website I used to frequent in the distant past, I knew 2 Georgians who were Falcons homers. The us v the world mentality they had would have been funny were it not so pathetic.

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Now please state exactly how the circumstances during that competition was any different for the 3 QB's involved. That is the case you cannot make.

Nice one. Repeat what I already said as if it adds weight to your argument. Obvious much ?

Gee Wally, you read my post. Did I say that ? Or are you just making stuff up and arguing with yourself ? (again to try to add weight to your unmarketable case ?)

By the way are you really positive that they only had 3 weeks to look at the QB's in question ?

Anyone with an open mind (='s anyone without a mancrush on Beck) could see in the preseason games that simply did not have the poise (it factor) that Henne did.

Or is having an open mind only equivalent to agreeing with your opinion ?

Yes, it was obvious the way this team imploded last year due to getting rid of Beck that you are 100% correct.

Here is what is so funny. You point the finger at Henne and at Beck trying to demonstrate some huge difference. Never taking into account there are 4 different teams involved. But I guess if you actually took everything into consideration maybe your "open mindedness"(='s Without Beck gloom and doom for Miami) might suffer irreparable damage.

What facts have you quoted to represent Beck never got an equal shot ? WHere is the disparity in reps ? Where are the facts of disparity in not getting equal time with the 1st team ? What facts ?

All I see is opinion backed up by hyperbole.

Wow your ability to read without understanding is amazing.

Do you even remember what happened after Penny was signed or WHEN he was signed? Do you also remember that right before Penny was signed, Sparano was quoted saying that the QB battle was STILL a dead heat? No separation according to Sparano.

Penny was signed right before the first preseason game. In that game, Beck played one qtr with the first team OL against the first team defense while Henne played 2 QTRs behind the first team OL AGAINST the second team defense. Beck was mostly handing off and had like 7 passes thrown. Henne playing much more and throwing a lot more putting larger numbers against the second team defense as should be expected. So, no real separation between the two there either. Their QB ratings were about the same.

Are you with me? The very next week the ONLY two QBs getting reps in practice were Henne and Penny. And it stayed that way the rest of the way through the preseason (3 more games in case you can't count)

So, tell me how the competition ends after one uneventful preseason game but, you somehow want everyone to believe that there was a real competition.

Some people say that preseason doesn't mean much. The truth is practice reps actually mean less than preseason GAME reps. You can tell much more about a QB when he plays against an opposing defense than when he plays in practice against a defense that knows all of the plays. Beck got all of ONE Qtr and a little bit more of play in 4 games. Henne played at least 8-10 QTRs in preseason. How can anyone claim an equal amount of reps in that case? you simply can't.

So, tell me how you can call it a competition when it was clearly over 4 weeks before the season even started and maybe 2 weeks after the offense was put in (when all 3 QBs were simply learning and not performing at peak levels.

There were competitions going on all over the field at just about every other position. But, you have to be drinking the BP kool aid to think that a rookie QB who wasn't performing too well himself in practice ascended over McCown and Beck that much in just a couple of days when right before that Tony stated that it was a dead heat between the three.

But, keep drinking the Parcells kool aid. It's obvious you like it. But, as for me I will judge each move he makes good and bad and judge them on their individual merits.

The handling of our QB situation was clearly poorly handled. I just hope that Beck doesn't come back to haunt us AND that Henne finally develops into what Parcells obviously thought he already was last preseason after just one game.

As of right now Beck looks much better in his development than either Henne or White.

But, I suppose you will argue that as well in spite of the huge disparity in what we have seen with our own eyes.

Did you even see the Ravens game? Beck looked lights out. Those throws were sharp, crisp and right on the money. His 100 plus QB rating for the game would have been much better if not for a dropped TD and at least two dropped perfect passes of over 30 yards each.

Meanwhile in Miami we are wondering if White or Henne will be our QB of the future.

:boohoo:

xflashx
09-04-2009, 09:33 PM

Do you even remember what happened after Penny was signed or WHEN he was signed? Do you also remember that right before Penny was signed, Sparano was quoted saying that the QB battle was STILL a dead heat? No separation according to Sparano.

Penny was signed right before the first preseason game. In that game, Beck played one qtr with the first team OL against the first team defense while Henne played 2 QTRs behind the first team OL AGAINST the second team defense. Beck was mostly handing off and had like 7 passes thrown. Henne playing much more and throwing a lot more putting larger numbers against the second team defense as should be expected. So, no real separation between the two there either. Their QB ratings were about the same.

Are you with me? The very next week the ONLY two QBs getting reps in practice were Henne and Penny. And it stayed that way the rest of the way through the preseason (3 more games in case you can't count)

So, tell me how the competition ends after one uneventful preseason game but, you somehow want everyone to believe that there was a real competition.

Some people say that preseason doesn't mean much. The truth is practice reps actually mean less than preseason GAME reps. You can tell much more about a QB when he plays against an opposing defense than when he plays in practice against a defense that knows all of the plays. Beck got all of ONE Qtr and a little bit more of play in 4 games. Henne played at least 8-10 QTRs in preseason. How can anyone claim an equal amount of reps in that case? you simply can't.

So, tell me how you can call it a competition when it was clearly over 4 weeks before the season even started and maybe 2 weeks after the offense was put in (when all 3 QBs were simply learning and not performing at peak levels.

There were competitions going on all over the field at just about every other position. But, you have to be drinking the BP kool aid to think that a rookie QB who wasn't performing too well himself in practice ascended over McCown and Beck that much in just a couple of days when right before that Tony stated that it was a dead heat between the three.

But, keep drinking the Parcells kool aid. It's obvious you like it. But, as for me I will judge each move he makes good and bad and judge them on their individual merits.

The handling of our QB situation was clearly poorly handled. I just hope that Beck doesn't come back to haunt us AND that Henne finally develops into what Parcells obviously thought he already was last preseason after just one game.

As of right now Beck looks much better in his development than either Henne or White.

But, I suppose you will argue that as well in spite of the huge disparity in what we have seen with our own eyes.

Did you even see the Ravens game? Beck looked lights out. Those throws were sharp, crisp and right on the money. His 100 plus QB rating for the game would have been much better if not for a dropped TD and at least two dropped perfect passes of over 30 yards each.

Meanwhile in Miami we are wondering if White or Henne will be our QB of the future.

:boohoo:

Please.... John Beck played lights out in the 4th pre-season game? Ooooooooohhhh...... wooooooowwww.... LMFAO!

Our offense hasn't struggled moving the ball wtf?? And...

No... Sparano said if he had to pick a QB had Pennington not came along Chad Henne would have started the season as the #1 QB. Go find the link, cause its there but yea you remember only what you want. And...

I'll be waiting on another classic John Beck fumble gif and there will be one ya know why???? Cause.....
(sings) He's got all kinds of tiiiimmmeee.... All kinds of time. :)

JsBaugh
09-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Please.... John Beck played lights out in the 4th pre-season game? Ooooooooohhhh...... wooooooowwww.... LMFAO!

Very true, the 4th preseason game doesnt mean much, but Beck sure looked better than Henne or White.

LDaniel7
09-04-2009, 10:18 PM
When I watch Beck play like that, I see stuff that I've NEVER seen from Henne -- never ever. I see stuff that simply impossible with Penny.

Comparing apples to apples, game time to game time, not even close. Beck has the ability with the right people around him to be special.

I'll get flamed for saying that, without question.

I've heard people in the Ravens system who are quietly high on what they see in Beck. To the point that their QB situation is viewed as a non-issue, both now and in future variable terms [Flacco's health, Smith's contract, etc]. The front office there is viewed in very high terms for these "beneath the surface" moves -- this one top of the list.

I think part of the reason people here hate on Beck is that they are afraid he'll become "the one that got away."

Kinda like the somewhat dorky girlfriend they broke up w. who loses her braces and glasses and becomes the stunning beauty: oops. You blew it. Didn't know quality when it hit you in the face. Nice knowing you jack, lol.

LD

SSnowman
09-04-2009, 10:26 PM
No, it's because people here are tired of hearing about a player that was let go and people who are claiming the guy is the next Marino when he hasn't even played in a real game yet. Preseason doesn't mean ****. Take a look at all of our previous QBs that have looked good in preseason but stunk it up when the real bullets started flying.

When Beck actually helps them win a real season game, get back to me. Until then let's drop the subject because it's a stupid argument with no solid evidence either way.

Chainsaw
09-04-2009, 10:41 PM

Our offense hasn't struggled moving the ball wtf?? And...

No... Sparano said if he had to pick a QB had Pennington not came along Chad Henne would have started the season as the #1 QB. Go find the link, cause its there but yea you remember only what you want. And...

I'll be waiting on another classic John Beck fumble gif and there will be one ya know why???? Cause.....
(sings) He's got all kinds of tiiiimmmeee.... All kinds of time. :)

Sparano only said that he would have picked Henne as the starter AFTER they signed Penny and didn't have to pick a starter from Henne, Beck and McCown.

The fact is, according to Sparano, they were in a dead heat right up until the day they signed Penny. And then three days later Henne was hands down better?

So, which would you believe. What he said before or what he said after?

My money is on what he said before.

And the fact remains that Beck played 1 QTR while Henne played 8-10 to showcase Henne while hiding Beck in the background so as not to show their true intentions.

Then drafting White and cutting Beck before anyone can even see Beck play PROVES that they NEVER were going to give Beck a shot to start in Miami period. Hell they didn't even give him a chance to win the backup job last year OR the third team job this year.

And you can't tell me they watched him play for that one qtr against TB and decided that nah, this guy ain't got it.

BS. As a Miami fan, you should be pissed about this way of shutting out a guy who might be better just to serve your own EGO as Parcells did.

Beck's play last night proved what he is capable of at least. Parcells NEVER even attempted to see it.

Have you asked yourself why not?

I have. And I am pissed about the reason I come up with. I've never ever seen this blatant disregard towards winning in my life from ANY franchise in any sport.

FINSItalia
09-05-2009, 06:08 AM

That's my take exactly on it (Kruger for Balt is looking pretty good also).

Beck was a victim of a management change - it happens.

And enough with the you can't second guess BP bit. Let me say I think he's done a great, great job in rebuilding this franchise with Ireland & Sparano.

But, the same guy who drafted Chad P. also brought Ray Lucas into the NFL as his starter.

finfan54
09-05-2009, 08:13 AM
uh oh, done look now, here comes a wild *** wildcat play!

skipp2myloo13
09-05-2009, 08:58 AM
I dont know who this kid is but he looked sharp. I wouldnt mind bringing him to Miami. Heck i would be willing to trade a second round pick to see this kid in a dolphins jersey. He looks like the future

Skree
09-05-2009, 02:35 PM

:boohoo:The denial has reached epic proportions. So it was just a 3 week competition ? Really ? Stop and think for 2 seconds. If you do you "might" remember a little thing called OTA's, maybe ?

So they only looked at Beck for 3 weeks ? hmmm that alone seems like a straight up lie to me. Parcels made up his mind after just 1 game ? The ota's, training camp, in season work and the offseason work after last season did not figure in ? Really? And you know this how ? Or is that just a lie you made up ?

Now, are you with me ? By the time you keep blabbering about rolled around, after Penny was signed, the competition was over. Are you with me ? Can you get that thru your skull ? So what on how long it was ? They saw what they needed and clearly saw more upside to Henne. And we dunno how that's going to play out yet.

Yet 1 more long post of yours that gives zero evidence that, now try to keep up here, during the competition Beck was in any way not given a fair and even chance. You keep bring up crap after Penny singed as if it mattered. It must to you, but the competition was OVER.

You have repeatedly talked about Sparano saying they were even. (Not sure this is even true since you have not linked it so we can see the date, though I'm sure it was even at some point). So even if he did think they were even, do you spend more time developing the younger or the older QB ? They were both looking at a new system and neither 1 was operating at full potential (and 1 was a rookie). Simple football decision.

BTW they didn't release Beck at the end of the competition either. He wasn't released till April 27, 2009. There were numerous reports about him being at the facility throwing some seemingly outrageous number of throws, with coaches or trainers, I forget now, working on his motion. So not only did they look at him much much longer than 3 weeks, the team also continued to invest in him after he lost said competition.

Just because you say the competition was not long enough does not make it true, that is not a fact. It would help your credibility if you stopped lying about how things actually went down.

Frankly I could care less what Beck is doing with the Ravens. It's pretty clear that you are butthurt about Beck and just cannot let it go. He's not a Dolphin since April. Time to move on, imo.

Again you have no "facts" to back up your claim. What you are doing is stating your opinions backed up by your own logic, which clearly picks and chooses only items that back up your feelings (while ignoring actual, verifiable "facts") and you present this hyperbol as a factual case.

As I already said I wish him the best, not every QB is cut out for every system. They looked at him for a long time, they decided to go another way. They did thier job.

You are butthurt, got it. Clinging to the past and childishly pontificating about your hurt feelings seems to be your job. Somebody has to do it. I'm just glad I'm not "that guy".

Well Done ! :thanks:for being "that guy".

Dolphin39
09-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Way to go John Beck!!!!!!!!!!:hi5:

Chainsaw
09-05-2009, 11:20 PM
The denial has reached epic proportions. So it was just a 3 week competition ? Really ? Stop and think for 2 seconds. If you do you "might" remember a little thing called OTA's, maybe ?

You have repeatedly talked about Sparano saying they were even. (Not sure this is even true since you have not linked it so we can see the date, though I'm sure it was even at some point).

Just because you say the competition was not long enough does not make it true, that is not a fact. It would help your credibility if you stopped lying about how things actually went down.

I know that there are OTAs etc that happened before camp. The 3 weeks I am talking about was training camp. You know when they put pads on actually started to put in the offense? And you do remember that Henne even came in late to that getting his contract done.

You are pretty clear in your denial of how things went down. When I say that the competition was over when Penny was signed, I am meaning that it was over BECAUSE he was signed.

I guess you missed that point.

And here is the link that quotes Sparano less than one week before Penny's signing saying that it was an even heat between the three.

Henne was actually listed as the 3rd team QB before that game. Beck started it.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=5928

"(On the plan for the quarterbacks in the Tampa Bay preseason game) – “No, we haven’t discussed that yet to be honest with you. I’m not sure how that will go right now. We’ll sit down and talk about it as the week goes on and really identify who we want to get the most work right now. All three of them may play in this game, we might have two guys play in this game and two guys play in the next game. It just depends, really on what we think we get accomplished out here on the practice field this week.”

(On if Josh McCown is listed as the first team on the depth chart means anything) – “The quarterback race was done by seniority.”"

Are you saying he was lying?

Bottom line is this. Since they knew that Penny knew the offense and would be better off starting than any of the other 3, they named him the starter. But, they also went ahead and named Henne the backup even though contrary to what you keep claiming, he had NOT won the job as the starter as of just a few days earlier. Actually he was listed as third team.

You can claim all you want that he was named the backup because he was younger if you want. And maybe that was all it was. I think it was a BP call myself.

But, if it was just an age thing, that is a stupid reason IMO.

As we can see now, Beck is further along in his development than Henne even though Henne got all of those snaps last year and Beck didn't.

I think they needed to see what Beck AND Henne could do during the rest of the preseason games so they could be sure that Henne was actually going to be a better bet for the future.

They didn't. And now Miami might be stuck with a QB who can't stop staring down his receivers and isn't nearly as accurate as Beck anyway.

So, forgive me for thinking a 27 year old QB who can play quality QB for 10 years is better than a 22 year old who will make us draft another QB.

I'm not saying it will play out like that.

But, seeing how the two QBs played this preseason, it sure could happen.

Ricky_Fan34
09-05-2009, 11:34 PM
What the hell is the use in arguing over something that has already happened? Like it or not, Beck is not on our roster anymore. He may be the best QB to ever play the game, and if he is that oh well. We made a decision. There is nothing we can do about it. Besides, it's not like it was the Steelers defense... it was ATL's lousy defense.

Clipse
09-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Take your Parcells god glasses off and go and watch Becks performance last night and judge for yourself. Parcells ego got in the way, and now we will pay for it for years ,henne is not the future.
He did? And you can prove it huh? Nope, you're talking out your ***. Common amongst you Beck apologists. Watch Becks performance in the final preseason game? Against the worst secondary in the league, while also playing vanilla? Yea let's take that performance and throw out all the horrific Beck performances :lol:.

Chainsaw
09-06-2009, 12:20 PM
He did? And you can prove it huh? Nope, you're talking out your ***. Common amongst you Beck apologists. Watch Becks performance in the final preseason game? Against the worst secondary in the league, while also playing vanilla? Yea let's take that performance and throw out all the horrific Beck performances :lol:.

Yeah, I guess poor performances by a QB during his rookie year are the most telling sign of what a QB will be in the future.

Signed,

Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman, Bob Griese, John Elway, Eli, Peyton, Brett Favre, Roger Staubach and Dan Fouts :rolleyes2: