PDA

View Full Version : Best UM vs FSU game is...

BARF
09-04-2009, 07:51 PM
...it is that time of year again, when the best rivalry in florida sports hook up, i have to admit it is not the same as years past but always still a good game, The games were better when bot teams were ranked in the top 5, but I still watch the games no matter what. My fave has always been "wide right 1." that game was a classic and just to see bobby's face was funny as hell, and to think it happen a couple more times.

chrisbaucom
09-04-2009, 08:30 PM
2000 was pretty awesome....it was the "Miami is back" game. Dorsey to Shockey was unreal. I was in the OB for every game from 86-02 and that was one of my all time favorites.

BARF
09-04-2009, 08:32 PM
those were the days when he had an nfl team on the field, LMAO. i still think to this day no team in college or pros would beat that team, actually the 2001 team

Wombat
09-04-2009, 08:50 PM
those were the days when he had an nfl team on the field, LMAO. i still think to this day no team in college or pros would beat that team, actually the 2001 team

2001 was Epic just simply epic. We beasted on Nebraska.

BARF
09-05-2009, 04:28 PM
not too many canes/noles fan here

MelbournePhin
09-05-2009, 05:15 PM

any nfl team would destroy a college team. gimme a break

BARF
09-05-2009, 06:41 PM
when a college team like the canes was almost 3 deep at every position except qb, especially at that time when you could say the program was run like an nfl team, which the players have said that, they could have beaten any nfl team

MelbournePhin
09-05-2009, 06:55 PM
when a college team like the canes was almost 3 deep at every position except qb, especially at that time when you could say the program was run like an nfl team, which the players have said that, they could have beaten any nfl team

thats a bunch of horse****.

Bumpus
09-05-2009, 07:14 PM
You're out of your mind on that one D.

BARF
09-05-2009, 07:34 PM
change the topic back to what the thread topic is, that subject is for another thread

MelbournePhin
09-05-2009, 07:45 PM
that subject is for those in the loony bin

BARF
09-05-2009, 07:46 PM
LMAO, if you say so

AlphaRanger15
09-07-2009, 09:00 PM

+1

SpaceMountain16
09-07-2009, 11:44 PM
No way that 01 Canes team could have beaten an NFL team. Don't be ridiculous. Yeah the TALENT from that team ended up being incredible, but at the time it was still a bunch of raw players undeveloped at an NFL level. They wouldn't stand a chance.

MP-Omnis
09-07-2009, 11:54 PM
I'd say this was a pretty good game tonight. I don't pay much attention to college sports, but I can't believe how sloppy it is compared to the pros.

#1dolphinsfan
09-08-2009, 12:07 AM
i dont usally watch college but tonights game was the best college game i have ever seen

BARF
09-08-2009, 12:09 AM
the game toninght has to be the number 1 game in the rivalry

AlphaRanger15
09-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Last nights game was one for the books. Its amazing to see a glimpse of the old school 'Canes again.

The shot of the night was the "4 finger" salute heading into the 4th. It was a quick shot that landed on TV, but its nice to see tradition still.

Wombat
09-08-2009, 04:24 PM
No way that 01 Canes team could have beaten an NFL team. Don't be ridiculous. Yeah the TALENT from that team ended up being incredible, but at the time it was still a bunch of raw players undeveloped at an NFL level. They wouldn't stand a chance.

Underdeveloped?

What did Jeremy Shocked do in his rookie season?

I know Clinton Portis had great O-line in Denver but look at what hes doing in Washington

Ed Reed has been a force ever since he entered the NFL.

Vilma has also been beasting since his rookie year.

TedSlimmJr
09-08-2009, 04:51 PM
It's a lot different going up against a team that might have 6 or 8 NFL caliber players on it.....and a team that has 53 NFL caliber players on it...

You're talking about college kids going up against grown men...

Besides...the schemes and coaching alone would put any NFL team at a distinct advantage....even the worst one in the league....nevermind the strength and technique advantage...

College players are only allowed to practice so many hours a week...20 or 25 hours...

An NFL team practices constantly...

dolfan94
09-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Best of all my time(a few years). I saw the 4 fingers as well. I think the shot of the game was Jacory keeping his cool after the game was over

AlphaRanger15
09-08-2009, 06:05 PM
It's a lot different going up against a team that might have 6 or 8 NFL caliber players on it.....and a team that has 53 NFL caliber players on it...

Line for line, the Canes could of handled their own against one O or D line in the NFL at the time. I mean seriously look at who played in the 2002 SB. Pats vs Rams.

They outscored their opponents 512 to 117, averaging PPG almost 43 to 10.

You're talking about college kids going up against grown men...

and these "kids" has NO problem having some of the best rookie stand out years in the NFL.

Besides...the schemes and coaching alone would put any NFL team at a distinct advantage....even the worst one in the league....nevermind the strength and technique advantage...

The Canes have been training like a NFL for some time. The 01 team did it just a little bit better, and produced more standouts than the other Cane teams.

College players are only allowed to practice so many hours a week...20 or 25 hours...

I have some ocean property in Phoenix and a summer house in Alaska if your interested...

An NFL team practices constantly...

The college teams have proven time and time again they have a bigger heart and more drive for the game of football. I bet at the "20 or 25" hours of training they do, the vast majority of those putting in the extra work and blood, sweat and tears are those from a college, and not the pros.

TedSlimmJr
09-08-2009, 06:53 PM
I'll swap you a healthy dose of reality for that summer house in Alaska...lol

Bryant McKinnie and Vernon Carey were the only two 1st round picks off that 2001 offensive line....the interior of that line (Rohmberg, etc.) couldn't have held up against an NFL defensive line...

Besides....several of those guys ended up busts in the NFL (Mike Rumph, Phillip Buchanon, William Joseph, Jerome McDougle, etc.) because it's a lot different hacking it in the NFL every week than it is in the Big East...

Miami only beat VT by 2 points that year (26-24)...do you actually think an NFL team wouldn't have played Miami tougher than VT did?

By your logic...VT should have been able to handle an NFL team too...lol

Ken Dorsey was a very nice college quarterback...but there's a reason why he has no NFL career to speak of....

There are no Troy's, Temples, or Syracuse's in the NFL....so forgive me if that point differential doesn't exactly make a case....

There's no question that the 2001 Miami Hurricanes roster was quite possibly the best one every assembled......it's certainly fathomable that individual players like Ed Reed, Shockey, McKinnie, Wilfork, etc....could possibly have faired decently against an NFL team on an individual basis...

...however, it's the other half of the starting roster that wouldn't have been able to.....and that's where they would have been significantly overmatched...

There's a reason why pro teams are pro teams and college teams win by 60 against glorified high school teams...

Of course, several big time programs have players in the NFL that come back and work out with the college kids...and Miami is well known for that...

I can't believe I'm even having this conversation....:crazy:

chrisbaucom
09-08-2009, 07:23 PM
They would lose by 3 touchdowns to the worst NFL team..........if they played the best game of their lives it would only be 3 touchdowns.

Awsi Dooger
09-08-2009, 10:06 PM
'87 was the best game, in fact the best team Miami ever defeated on its home field. I had virtually given up because we trailed 19-3 and couldn't threaten to stop Sammie Smith. He gashed us up the middle, nearly 200 yards. It was one year post-Jerome Brown and our run defense wasn't as dominant.

I'm still astonished we pulled out that game. And it meant a national title.

fin4lyf
09-08-2009, 10:19 PM
the 01 & 02 teams were awesome, we should have back to back titles if we didn't get raped with the pass int call with ohio st. i dunno if we'd win but we would def put up a good fight, so i'll back u up grand master