PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Zach Thomas cut by Chiefs

bdmagnum
09-05-2009, 07:13 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Other notable names among the Chiefs cuts are wide receiver Ashley Lelie and linebacker Zach Thomas, who was rumored to be pondering retirement.

TheJetsBlow
09-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Man, that sucks for Zach... he should come back, sign a one-day contract, and call it a career as a Dolphin.

Miami 13
09-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Man, that sucks for Zach... he should come back, sign a one-day contract, and call it a career as a Dolphin.
This.

SRM
09-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Come back Zach!

MrEncinas
09-05-2009, 07:19 PM

This.

Tiko377
09-05-2009, 07:19 PM
i thought he was gonna retire?

BobDole
09-05-2009, 07:20 PM
he should retire a fin. retiring from a team that he never played for is a travesty.

Roman529
09-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah hopefully Zach can retire as a Phin....I would take him on special teams over a lot of guys we have now who can't tackle squat.

TheDon74
09-05-2009, 07:25 PM

I really have a different opinon then most on this. I think the one day deal cheapens their career. If your a Dolphin fan then Zach is a Dolphin and will always be a Dolphin. the in between and after don't matter. ZACH THOMAS IS A MIAMI DOLPHIN FOR LIFE........FACT

MP-Omnis
09-05-2009, 07:29 PM
We should sign Zack for a year as our TB. That's Torpedoback.

BARF
09-05-2009, 07:30 PM
yeah he should retire as a dolphin, i am into year 4 of madden, and he becomes a head coach i signed him as my def. cord

#1 Fan
09-05-2009, 07:30 PM
forget a one day contract. i'd be thrilled if he came back and played back up mlb this season.

TheJetsBlow
09-05-2009, 07:39 PM
I really have a different opinon then most on this. I think the one day deal cheapens their career. If your a Dolphin fan then Zach is a Dolphin and will always be a Dolphin. the in between and after don't matter. ZACH THOMAS IS A MIAMI DOLPHIN FOR LIFE........FACT

Oh sure, I agree with that... just saying from an official standpoint I want to see him actually retire as a Dolphin- not a Kansas City Chief.

BARF
09-05-2009, 07:48 PM
if i was triple threat, i would listen to the fan base on this one, it doesn't hurt bring him in for 1 year, the super bowl is in our backyard this year, u never know

Dr. Phin
09-05-2009, 07:49 PM
I didn't want to see Zach get cut. I wish he had gone out on his own terms. Maybe he will come back to Miami as an LB coach...

kooter54
09-06-2009, 12:09 AM
I think I may be time for him to retire due to all the injuries he's had. Maybe the fins should give him a retirement contract so he can retire a fin.

MiamiSportsGen
09-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Absolutely. I would not be surprised to see him call it quits and sign a one-day contract with the Fins sometime this upcoming week, right before the season starts. It's always tough to let go, but when your body can't anymore - it's time.

I still wear my Zach jersey proudly. It's an instant classic in my mind.

Phinfan1980
09-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Zach...come home.

CCMiamiDolphins
09-06-2009, 02:38 AM
Jason needs to go talk to Bill about bringing Zach back

Ricky4Life
09-06-2009, 03:42 AM
Think he will come back to retire but I think his playing days are done.

dolfan_uk
09-06-2009, 05:27 AM
Anyone know where they think he will end up???

I know before he retires the fins are going to sign him, even for a day to retire his jersey and put his name on the Honour role, same with Jason Taylor.... but anyone think he could be signed for this season?

Im pretty sure with what we have we wont need his services but it would be good to see him back in a fins uni!

as it is.... ive heard some roumers that the colts may sign him?!

Phinfan31
09-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Whats the chance we do sign him? Who would have to leave for us to make room? Thats the problem that I see...unfortunately if Parcells didnt want Zach when he inherited the team, I don't see any reason why he would want him now. Especially when they cut him when they were revamping the entire team, you'd think they'd try and keep a few leaders.

I just dont see why they cant let him come back and play a tiny role like the Pats gave Jr. Seau....he doesnt need to be on the field every play...maybe hed stay healthy that way too. i miss the guy.

for the love of god front office, sign back our zach and let him be apart of this new team. it really makes me sad that after such a great year full of memories zach couldnt be a part of it. we got JT back, is his services really that much more valuable than zachs?

fastball83
09-06-2009, 07:36 AM
I would like to sign him, he could replace roth on opponent running play ?

DefensiveEnd76
09-06-2009, 08:27 AM
I think Zach's days are coming to an end. He is just getting too old now and doesn't fit with our linebackers because of a big lack of size.

spiketex
09-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Zach is one of the greatest all-time Dolphins but after being effectively cut by Miami, Dallas and now by KC, he should gracefully retire. However, his agent Drew Rosenhaus announced last night that Zach was open to offers for this season.
He is a tough guy with a terrific competitive streak but I find it sad that he doesn't know when to hang up their cleats and call it a day.
Zach was our hero and was among the very best middle linebackers in the game. Do you think that he is potentially tarnishing his chances to join the Hall of Fame?

fin-atic
09-06-2009, 08:52 AM
I love Zach enough to say its time for him to retire.

godolphins1985
09-06-2009, 10:09 AM
I dont care, i still would love him on our roster. I feel bad for old zach, but as someone said its time to pack it in.. =( , he needs to retire with us soon and throw him a zach thomas appreciation day for all his great work he did on and off the football field to celebrate is amazing career here in miami. GO ZACH!

dlockz
09-06-2009, 10:12 AM
After getting cut by KC it may be time. He actually wanted out of Dallas for whatever reason. Maybe Tampa Bay looks at him as a backup since Bates is the DC but they already slapped Brooks in the face.

SQuinn17
09-06-2009, 10:16 AM
He needs to hang it up now. Sign him and put his name in the honor roll. My fave player of all time besides Marino.

Vaark
09-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Zach, one of the great Fins of all time.. superior to most of the teams and teammates with whom he played.

Drew: convince him to hang it up and Tuna: bring him home for a day since the sooner he can enter The Ring Of Honor, the better for all concerned!

FuturePhin
09-06-2009, 10:50 AM
No I dont think he's tarnishing his Hall of Fame chances. Look at Brett Favre..retire...untire...retire unretire...Now thats all just a joke but he has the numbers to get into the hall no doubt, they just dont know when to leave because they have such love for the game.

Zach is one of the greatest all-time Dolphins but after being effectively cut by Miami, Dallas and now by KC, he should gracefully retire. However, his agent Drew Rosenhaus announced last night that Zach was open to offers for this season.
He is a tough guy with a terrific competitive streak but I find it sad that he doesn't know when to hang up their cleats and call it a day.
Zach was our hero and was among the very best middle linebackers in the game. Do you think that he is potentially tarnishing his chances to join the Hall of Fame?

TheDon74
09-09-2009, 01:33 AM
Oh sure, I agree with that... just saying from an official standpoint I want to see him actually retire as a Dolphin- not a Kansas City Chief.

Do you remember Johnny Unites ending his career in a Chargers unie or Joe Namath finishing up as a Ram? If either would have resigned a 1 day contract with their original team would you remember that now? It's just a lame gimmick. IMHO