PDA

View Full Version : *** Gators Football Thread ***

Pages : [1] 2

BobDole
09-06-2009, 10:30 AM
figured it was about time to start one of these. my expectations are obviously ridiculous this season. our schedule ain't exactly cake - but it's not what it usually is. would've rather had ole miss on there again than one of those few mickey mouse games - 1 loss will potentially murder our chances at another BCS birth this year. but what can you do? i don't make the damn schedules.

so we looked pretty good yesterday. between moody, rainey, and demps - you'd have to be retarded to say there's a better rushing attack out there. not to mention tebow in that department. that's gonna be our bread and butter this year. that will also be one reason tebow won't get another heisman - that and he'll be taken out in the 2nd quarter many games like he was yesterday.

so what was it - like 63-3? not bad. can you imagine how many points we would've put up if we hadn't taken out most of our starters with 4 minutes left in the 2nd? like a billion points. cooper and nelson looked pretty good out there - i don't think there will be any fallout from losing harvin and murphy. the talent on offense is still crazy stacked. tebow looked pretty solid as well - there were a few drops that were an automatic 6 which would've helped him greatly in the stat department. no biggie.

then the defense. i predicted this will be one of the greatest defenses college football has ever seen. after watching CSU move the chains on us yesterday - with our 1st string D still in - i was taken aback a bit. they only put up 3 points but got way too many 1st downs for my liking. we tried blitzing a bunch at first - but after seeing all the quick outs and flats from CSU - we pretty much stopped. there was not one pass play the entire game that gave us enough time to get to the QB. smart on their part. our stud CB's - haden and jenkins - played well but too many of their guys caught passes for 1st downs. i know they were playing dangerous trying for picks and big plays - b/c it was CSU and they knew the safety help was there - but i was hoping for a better performance from them. all in all - the D looked solid but i saw flaws. i'm just gonna chalk it up to the D playing reckless b/c they knew they could and still get away with it.

the only regular season game that really scares me is LSU. they are the only team on our schedule that can match our speed and they constantly give us fits. will be watching them closely this year. mississippi state kind of does too - only b/c once a decade they come out of nowhere and fugg up our season. and of course alabama for the SEC title - that defense is nuts. best ILB duo in the country by a long shot.

so what are your thoughts on yesterday's game and the rest of the season? who scares you? do you think tebow will get another heisman? will the D live up to their potential?

if you're not a gator - you're gator bait.

DolphinMistress
09-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Glad you put this up...

all I have to say is:

GATORS ALL THE WAY, GO GATORS!

dolfan94
09-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Good game on Saturday FU. Why do you guys start the season with Charleston Southern and then Troy. And I dont even know who you play Week 3.

Are you guys really that bad that you need some preseason games?

HurriPhin
09-07-2009, 07:15 AM
This pathetic thread should be merged with the previous lame a$$ "Official Florida ga*tors Thread" that hasn't been touched since MAY 14, 2008. :tumbleweed:

Way to show up ga*tor fans. Did you finally feel it was appropriate to come out of the closet after pulling off a NC and then paying off weak opponents to hopefully insure a 2nd before Teblow leaves. Nice "business" move Foley. Though your right on one thing, your schedule isn't exactly cake, it's the fother muckin icing on top of cupcakes with sprinkles. So the University of Felons payed CSU $450,000 to show up Saturday which they gladly accepted. Why? So CSU could pay off there new 4 million doller multi-purpose facility. Not because they offer any kind of football competition thats for sure. Thug UF has not played a OOC game against a BCS conference school from outside of the state of Florida since 1991 when they played Syracuse. Another fact, the fake crocodiles have a FCS opponent scheduled every year until 2012. LAME.

Teblow wont win another Heisman because this award goes to college's best football player. Not some hyped up front page team leader who is surrounded by players who are clinging to their last year of college football eligibilty because they're too afraid to test the rough waters in the NFL.

ORANGE

GREEN

ORANGE

GREEN

DolphinMistress
09-07-2009, 05:49 PM
You know, instead of nagging on the Gators... try the Seminoles... I mean, you UM fans are playing them... & honestly... the Gators are SO better than the Noles...

Other than that... It's not up to the Gators who they play... the reason they play these other cheesy teams is because those teams want to make big money seeing there teams going up against a high ranked team... and I know I'm right on this...

HurriPhin
09-08-2009, 04:44 AM
You know, instead of nagging on the Gators... try the Seminoles... I mean, you UM fans are playing them... & honestly... the Gators are SO better than the Noles...

Other than that... It's not up to the Gators who they play... the reason they play these other cheesy teams is because those teams want to make big money seeing there teams going up against a high ranked team... and I know I'm right on this...

Wrong. AD Jeremy Foley has complete control over who Thug UF plays. Link (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2009/09/dont-expect-division-iaa-opponents-to-leave-floridas-schedules-any-time-soon.html)

UM and FSUcks showed the NCAA what week 1 is supposed to be all about.

Vaark
09-08-2009, 11:11 AM
if you're not a gator - you're gator bait.

Hey Bob, are you sure the saying isn't: "If you're not a Hurricane, you're just another windy gust of hot air" ???:up:

DolphinMistress
09-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Wrong. AD Jeremy Foley has complete control over who Thug UF plays. Link (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2009/09/dont-expect-division-iaa-opponents-to-leave-floridas-schedules-any-time-soon.html)

UM and FSUcks showed the NCAA what week 1 is supposed to be all about.

:rolleyes2:
well whatever, I still know most of what I said is true...

BobDole
09-08-2009, 05:01 PM
good game last night UM fans. feel free to stay out of this thread and talk trash, as i don't go into your cane thread and do the same. you guys are gonna be good again at some point in time. no need to be bitter. let me enjoy our time in the sun.

DolphinMistress
09-08-2009, 06:56 PM
good game last night UM fans. feel free to stay out of this thread and talk trash, as i don't go into your cane thread and do the same. you guys are gonna be good again at some point in time. no need to be bitter. let me enjoy our time in the sun.

Dude, you are SO right... some of us Gators fans like UM... so give it a rest on us...

It would be one thing if it were Noles fans doing this to us... then I would REALLY have a problem...

BobDole
09-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Dude, you are SO right... some of us Gators fans like UM... so give it a rest on us...

It would be one thing if it were Noles fans doing this to us... then I would REALLY have a problem...

agreed girly. i don't necessarily dislike miami - i nothing them. FSU and tennessee - not so much. can't wait to embarrass them both en route to yet another title. :up:

DolphinMistress
09-09-2009, 11:33 AM
agreed girly. i don't necessarily dislike miami - i nothing them. FSU and tennessee - not so much. can't wait to embarrass them both en route to yet another title. :up:

hahaha... but for me, it would mean more if we totally destroyed the Noles... :up:

BobDole
09-09-2009, 04:57 PM
hahaha... but for me, it would mean more if we totally destroyed the Noles... :up:

i have the utmost confidence that we will.

after kiffin came out and said he would beat us - and called out urban - and then got caught for recruiting violations the very next day - i cannot wait for them to come get clobbered in the swamp this year. i'll be in gainesville to enjoy that one with whiskey in hand.

Wombat
09-09-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm a Cane fan and I have no beef against the Gators.

BobDole
09-09-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm a Cane fan and I have no beef against the Gators.

you are one of the few. on here at least. :up:

COphinphan89
09-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Ah ya had to know a few Candycane fans would come over here to whine. But as pathetic as they are, they do have a point. I hate our OOC scheduling. I'd like to see a quality OOC opponent to go with FSU on our schedule, but it's all about money these days.

BobDole
09-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Ah ya had to know a few Candycane fans would come over here to whine. But as pathetic as they are, they do have a point. I hate our OOC scheduling. I'd like to see a quality OOC opponent to go with FSU on our schedule, but it's all about money these days.

yeah, me too. but what can you do? we don't make the schedules. and i REALLY wish we played the canes this year so we could actually give them something to ***** about that doesn't have anything to do with jorts.

COphinphan89
09-09-2009, 07:00 PM
yeah, me too. but what can you do? we don't make the schedules. and i REALLY wish we played the canes this year so we could actually give them something to ***** about that doesn't have anything to do with jorts.
You, me, and a large portion of the Gator faithful want the Miami game back on the schedule too, but it won't happen. I'd love to shut em up too, but nope. We're stuck with anyone who won't require a return game, ensuring us a putrid OOC schedule almost every season and more whiny Candycane fans.

CS was only on our schedule this year because UCF backed out of the deal we had with them a few years ago which left UF scrambling to find an opponent. We tried to replace CS with Utah but they wanted a return game and Foley will have nothing to do with a schedule where UF plays less than 7 home games which are worth millions of dollars. No one likes it, but that's just the way it is.

The only way an annual scUM game or a quality H&H series will ever happen, is if the UGA game is moved out of Jax. That isn't happening either.

Wombat
09-09-2009, 07:02 PM
you are one of the few. on here at least. :up:

I guess maybe its because we dont play them that often. I just really respect the way they run their program, (And always beat the brakes off of FSU) is why I kinda like them. Tebow is one of my fav players in College Football history.

JCane
09-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Oooo hai Gators...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/jorts-1.jpg

HurriPhin
09-10-2009, 04:24 AM
:lol2: These two wanted to know where they could purchase those far out jorts to update their gameday gear.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/GatorFans-1.jpg

BobDole
09-10-2009, 03:20 PM
jort jokes are all you guys got? really? pretty sad guys.

JCane
09-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Come on, those authentic Florida Gator jean jorts are pretty classic lol.

DolphinMistress
09-10-2009, 06:27 PM
ok, enough with this crap between Gator & Cane fans... seriously... If anything, UM fans should appreciate us since I'm sure most of you UM fans hate FSU even more so...

So between us UM/UF fans... Make peace, not War...

JCane
09-10-2009, 11:27 PM
We share a conference with FSU. When FSU plays UF, I'm not doubt rooting for the Seminoles. If it ever came down to the Florida Gators v. Al-Qaeda...GO TERRORISTS!

HurriPhin
09-11-2009, 05:50 AM
So between us UM/UF fans... Make peace, not War...

:tank:

chrisbaucom
09-11-2009, 08:43 AM
My 3 favorite teams are: Miami, Florida State, and whoever is playing the gaytors..........go al-qaeda.

DolphinMistress
09-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Ugh, whatever... jst don't diss my team & I won't diss UM, copish?

geez, talk about immaturity of others when it comes to my team...

COphinphan89
09-11-2009, 12:54 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/stadiumv-1.jpg

JCane
09-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Relax. It's all in good fun.

COphinphan89
09-11-2009, 05:44 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/miamifootball-1.jpg

HurriPhin
09-12-2009, 05:56 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/09/florida_gators_feature-1.jpg
THUG UF

since 2005, 24 & counting...

JANORIS JENKINS
Charge: Misdemeanor affray and resisting arrest without violence for his role in a May 30, 2009 fight outside a downtown Gainesville night club.
Outcome: The State Attorney’s Office is currently investigating.
Team punishment: To be determined.

MARQUIS HANNAH
Charge: Felony burglary of an occupied dwelling unarmed and misdemeanor battery in late April 2009 for allegedly forcing his way into a Gainesville apartment and punching a man in the face.
Outcome: Case was dismissed due to lack of evidence, according to lawyer Huntley Johnson.
Team punishment: To be determined.

CARL JOHNSON
Charge: Misdemeanor violation of a sexual restraining order in February 2009 after getting on the same campus bus as an ex-girlfriend. The woman previously filed a petition claiming Johnson date-raped her on three occasions.
Outcome: All charges were dropped due to a lack of evidence.
Team punishment: Johnson never missed any time. Coach Urban Meyer said Johnson would remain on the team as long as the investigation checked out.

RILEY COOPER
Charge: Misdemeanor resisting an officer and failure comply with a police or fire department in February 2009. Campus police cited Cooper for not getting out of the way of a moving car upon police’s orders, according to Johnson.
Outcome: The case was dismissed.
Team punishment: Cooper played baseball during the spring, and it’s unknown whether Meyer sought out punishment

CAM NEWTON
Charge: Felony counts of burglary, larceny and obstruction of justice in November 2009 after allegedly stealing a laptop from a UF student and throwing it out his dormitory window upon police suspicion.
Outcome: Newton received pre-trial deferment – common for a first-time offender – and is serving community service and probation time. The charges will disappear assuming he completes his obligations.
Team punishment: Meyer suspended Newton for the rest of the 2008 season. Newton transferred to Blinn (Texas) Junior College.

JACQUES RICKERSON
Charge No. 1: Misdemeanor possession of marijuana in February 2007.
Outcome: Charges were dropped without legal ramifications.
Charge No. 2: Felony domestic violence by strangulation and felony obstruction of justice after a November altercation with a girlfriend.
Outcome: Charges were reduced to misdemeanor status, then the Alachua County courts gave him two years probation without proceeding with the charges.
Team punishments: Rickerson was suspended for the 2007 season opener for the marijuana charge, then kicked off the team the morning of the domestic violence incident.

TORREY DAVIS
Charge: Misdemeanor knowingly driving with a suspended license on numerous occasions, including once in July 2008 and another in March 2009 – two weeks after he left the team – that placed him in jail.
Outcome: The July case was closed.
Team punishment: Davis was always in Meyer’s doghouse and hardly allowed to practice or play with the team for various academic and disciplinary reasons, so it’s safe to say Meyer suspended Davis for his crimes.

JAMAR HORNSBY
Charge No. 1: Cited for misdemeanor property damage and criminal mischief in April 2007 for allegedly throwing a man onto the hood of a car during a fight.
Outcome: Hornsby received deferred prosecution and the charge was later dismissed.
Charge No. 2: Unauthorized use of a credit card to obtain goods and services, a felony, along with misdemeanor larceny of a credit card for allegedly making more than 70 fraudulent charges on the gas credit card of a female UF student who died seven months earlier.
Outcome: Charges were reduced to misdemeanors and Hornsby took a plea deal—probation and community service.
Team punishments: No punishment for first offense, kicked off the team for second offense. Hornsby served a previous five-game suspension, but it wasn’t for the first misdemeanor – it was for selling his complimentary tickets.

JERMAINE CUNNINGHAM
Charge: Misdemeanor battery in December 2007 for an altercation with a clerk at Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwich Shop in Gainesville. Cunningham allegedly threw paper cups at the clerk.
Outcome: Charges were dropped.
Team punishment: Cunningham played in Florida’s next game, the Capital One Bowl, but Meyer said he imposed physical punishment on Cunningham, who also couldn’t accept bowl-game gifts.

TONY JOINER
Charge: Felony theft in October 2007 for breaking into a car impound and retrieving his girlfriend’s car, which had been towed.
Team punishment: Joiner never missed game time, but Meyer stripped him of his captaincy.

RONNIE WILSON
Charge No. 1: Aggravated assault, battery and use of display of a concealed weapon during commission of a felony in April 2007 for shooting a semiautomatic rifle after a dispute with another man.
Outcome: Wilson pleaded no contest to battery and discharging a firearm. The felony charge was reduced to a misdemeanor and later dropped. Wilson was placed on two year’s probation and given 100 hours of community service.
Charge No. 2: Misdemeanor possession of marijuana in January 2008.
Outcome: The charge was dropped despite serving probation for his original arrest.
Charge No. 3: One count of battery and one count of assault for an altercation at an apartment complex in October.
Outcome: Nothing has been ruled on the case, according to court records.
Team punishments: Wilson was suspended for the entire 2007 season stemming from the gun charge, including a full-year suspension from University of Florida academics. Wilson rejoined the team in 2008 but was suspended and eventually kicked off after the third charge.

DUSTIN DOE
Charge: Misdemeanor affray and resisting arrest for his role in an April 2007 fight.
Team punishment: No suspension for Doe.

DORIAN MUNROE
Charge: Felony theft in May 2007 when he removed a University Police boot from his car and put it in his trunk.
Team punishment: No suspension for Munroe.

JOHN CURTIS
Charge: Misdemeanor violation of probation in May 2007 after failing to serve five hours of community service stemming from an alcohol citation.
Outcome: Curtis complied with the violation, served probation and the case was dismissed.
Team punishment: Curtis was in Meyer’s doghouse, but he was also injured, so it was difficult to tell why he was out.

BRANDON JAMES
Charge: Purchasing marijuana—a felony—along with misdemeanor possession of marijuana in June 2007.
Outcome: The felony charge was dropped due to a minuscule amount (8 grams); James served probation and community service stemming from the misdemeanor charge.
Team punishment: Suspended for one game, the 2007 opener against Western Kentucky.

AVERY ATKINS
Charge: Misdemeanor domestic battery in July 2006 after an altercation in Daytona Beach with the mother of his child. The initial investigation took place in June 2006 with Atkins facing accusations of felony false imprisonment along with the battery charge.
Outcome: Atkins received pre-trial intervention and both cases were eventually dropped.
Team punishment: Meyer immediately suspended Atkins, who then transferred to Bethune-Cookman, found legal trouble there and died in July 2007 from a drug overdose.

LOUIS MURPHY
Charge: Misdemeanor possession of marijuana in May 2006.
Outcome: Charges were dropped, and Murphy had to perform 12.5 hours of community service.
Team punishment: Murphy was suspended for three games during the 2006 season.

JON DEMPS
Charge: Misdemeanor driving with a suspended license in September 2006.
Outcome: Charges were dropped and Demps received six months probation.
Team punishment: Meyer kicked Demps off the team after the 2006 season reportedly for a marijuana-related incident. Demps worked out with the Gators later that summer but never played for UF again.

DAWAYNE GRACE
Charge No. 1: Misdemeanor charges of battery and theft in July 2005 stemming from a sworn complaint.
Outcome: Charges were dropped because victim did not wish to prosecute.
Charge No. 2: Misdemeanor violation of a city ordinance and disorderly conduct in October 2005 for his involvement in a fight. Eyewitnesses told police that Grace threw a punch.
Outcome: Grace completed a deferred prosecution program including 7.5 hours of community service.
Team punishment: Meyer suspended Grace indefinitely after the October arrest. Grace later transferred to Georgia Southern.

HurriPhin
09-12-2009, 06:00 AM
Ga*nesville: Home of the ga*tors and jorts. 24 & counting... :D

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/gatorjortscollage-1.jpg

CedarPhin
09-12-2009, 06:32 AM
I'm curious to see how they sort out their H-back position

COphinphan89
09-12-2009, 11:30 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/obowl-1.jpg
Aww, too soon Cryami Candycanes?

COphinphan89
09-12-2009, 11:45 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/bwldmg5yw1-1.jpg

BobDole
09-14-2009, 02:25 PM
i love seeing all the miami fans talk about UF being full of thugs. do you guys not remember being dubbed criminal U? give me a break.

i went to the gator game on saturday. we started out pretty slow but eventually turned it on. i like what i've seen from brantley so far - kid's got a good arm. defense looked solid. can't complain.

TedSlimmJr
09-15-2009, 04:10 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/bwldmg5yw1-1.jpg

lol

JCane
09-15-2009, 06:52 AM
Florida -25 over Tennessee is the play of the year. I'm banking on that over as well. Florida will score score score on Saturday and drag Lane Kiffin thru the mud. Hopefully my flight home from Ft. Lauderdale doesn't interfere with this drubbing lol.

BobDole
09-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Florida -25 over Tennessee is the play of the year. I'm banking on that over as well. Florida will score score score on Saturday and drag Lane Kiffin thru the mud. Hopefully my flight home from Ft. Lauderdale doesn't interfere with this drubbing lol.

saturday won't be a good day to be a vols fan. kiffin is wishing he hadn't opened his mouth in the off season right about now. they're gonna get murdered. berry can't do everything for the lowly vols. i wonder how long our starters are actually going to play - hopefully they'll make it to half time.

your post almost sounded like a compliment. a pro gator post from jcane? someone must've got lucky yesterday. :hump:

JCane
09-15-2009, 08:41 AM
saturday won't be a good day to be a vols fan. kiffin is wishing he hadn't opened his mouth in the off season right about now. they're gonna get murdered. berry can't do everything for the lowly vols. i wonder how long our starters are actually going to play - hopefully they'll make it to half time.

your post almost sounded like a compliment. a pro gator post from jcane? someone must've got lucky yesterday. :hump:

My hatred for the city of Gainesville is no secret but I recognize talent when I see it. The Gators have a great program right now. They can certainly make the argument for the team of the decade unfortunately. I'm a business man. I like to invest my money and see a nice return on that investment. Florida -25 seems like a worthy investment. And personally I don't think Kiffin is wishing he hadn't opened his mouth. He's just that stupid. He's recruiting his *** off and I like the attitude he brings but he doesn't have the team to back up that mouth of his yet.

JCane
09-15-2009, 08:50 AM
By the way, if you can get Florida -25 you'd better take it while you can get it. Bodog hasn't released thier lines yet but the casinos in Vegas are seeing this line move drastically overnight. Stations and Leroy's in Vegas currently have the line at -29. Internet gamblers have already pushed the line at sportsbook.com to -29. The Hilton, Caesar's, Harrah's, Rio, and the MGM Mirage have it at -28 currently.

Go make some extra Christmas cash.

Jaxfan904
09-16-2009, 05:43 AM
I honestly think Urban will leave Tebow and the other starters in the game if we're up by 30 at the half! Lane ran his mouth alittle too much and Urban will make him pay! And since Andre Debose is out for the season and Demps seems to be the starting HB, I say they need to put Rainey in the slot and use him like they did Percy as far as receiving goes.

BobDole
09-16-2009, 09:46 AM
My hatred for the city of Gainesville is no secret but I recognize talent when I see it. The Gators have a great program right now. They can certainly make the argument for the team of the decade unfortunately. I'm a business man. I like to invest my money and see a nice return on that investment. Florida -25 seems like a worthy investment. And personally I don't think Kiffin is wishing he hadn't opened his mouth. He's just that stupid. He's recruiting his *** off and I like the attitude he brings but he doesn't have the team to back up that mouth of his yet.

kiffin changed his tune yesterday. said our D had 11 NFL players and that they might be the best college football has ever seen. then he called tebow maybe the best college QB ever. hmmmmm. he had a chance to take a look at his team - and the gators - and the spread - and the words changed just a little bit. he knows what time it is. at least the mouth and i agree on something. but you were right about one thing - he is just that stupid. at least he's wising up a little bit - he might actually want to keep this job. :lol:

DolphinMistress
09-16-2009, 01:30 PM
kiffin changed his tune yesterday. said our D had 11 NFL players and that they might be the best college football has ever seen. then he called tebow maybe the best college QB ever. hmmmmm. he had a chance to take a look at his team - and the gators - and the spread - and the words changed just a little bit. he knows what time it is. at least the mouth and i agree on something. but you were right about one thing - he is just that stupid. at least he's wising up a little bit - he might actually want to keep this job. :lol:

hahahaha... sounds like Kiffin is now trying to SUCK UP to the Gators cause, he knows him & his team are gonna get a huge ***-whooping...

BobDole
09-16-2009, 01:42 PM
hahahaha... sounds like Kiffin is now trying to SUCK UP to the Gators cause, he knows him & his team are gonna get a huge ***-whooping...

yup. after that game against UCLA i knew something would be said. he wouldn't of had to say anything if it wasn't for that genius press conference at the beginning of the year - he'll learn someday. that mouth + tennessee talent = trouble for kiffin. smart move on his part. still want to destroy him and those gawd awful fans.

COphinphan89
09-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh Baby! It's Tennessee week!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/douchee-1.jpg

COphinphan89
09-16-2009, 09:17 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/tensignedited1-1.jpg

HurriPhin
09-18-2009, 02:00 AM
It's so quiet over hear I don't even think the crickets are making noise.

p.s. Another prime time game featuring ranked teams should show Thug UF how exciting football can be when you schedule real opponents. I guess Foley likes the greed and $$$ more than a quality schedule.

finsheatcanes
09-18-2009, 04:28 AM
florida should play better out of conf teams, they only play 2 rank teams this year and out of conf teams are troy, charleston southern, fiu(haha) and fsu, i laugh at thoses teams and the spread is prob going to be -50, doesnt matter if your conf is a power house which i dont think they are like they were the last few years. if u think ur the best dont be scared to play the best, 2001 hurricanes ( prob best team ever) played 5 top 15 or lower rank teams and won them all with ease ...

HurriPhin
09-18-2009, 04:49 AM
florida should play better out of conf teams, they only play 2 rank teams this year and out of conf teams are troy, charleston southern, fiu(haha) and fsu, i laugh at thoses teams and the spread is prob going to be -50, doesnt matter if your conf is a power house which i dont think they are like they were the last few years. if u think ur the best dont be scared to play the best, 2001 hurricanes ( prob best team ever) played 5 top 15 or lower rank teams and won them all with ease ...

I see it as only 1 b/c the Bullcats wont be ranked by the time Thug UF gets to them on Halloween.

DolphinMistress
09-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Seriously, I don't think you should be calling UF thug U... I mean, the biggest thug schools in Florida imo are USF & FSU...

COphinphan89
09-18-2009, 04:31 PM
If they are the best, then they'll play the best in the SEC title game in Atlanta and then in Pasadena. The opponent they would face in the the SECCG would be at least top 15 if not top 10. And of course the team they would see in Pasadena, should they get there, would be #1 or #2. That's how it was last year and in 06.

Namor
09-18-2009, 04:51 PM
If they are the best, then they'll play the best in the SEC title game in Atlanta and then in Pasadena. The opponent they would face in the the SECCG would be at least top 15 if not top 10. And of course the team they would see in Pasadena, should they get there, would be #1 or #2. That's how it was last year and in 06.

I agree..I just hope it's my Tide.

BobDole
09-18-2009, 05:19 PM
It's so quiet over hear I don't even think the crickets are making noise.

p.s. Another prime time game featuring ranked teams should show Thug UF how exciting football can be when you schedule real opponents. I guess Foley likes the greed and $$$ more than a quality schedule.

dude, give it up. you beat a vastly overrated GT team - congrafugginglations. just b/c you guys *might* be relevant again doesn't mean you have to revert back to being a total assclown like all cane fans when their team has a chance to not totally and utterly suck. you guys looked good - offensively and defensively - i was impressed. but if we played you this year we would stomp you harder than when dave chappelle came over and whooped your monkey *** in some street ball. you think your offense would put up more than a touchdown on our D? not a fugging chance.

we already had the schedule talk - ours isn't much worse if at all. a&m? ucf? virginia? duke? come on. we have 4 gimmes too. huh - how about that. we'll have to play LSU - who is always up there - alabama - who is sick - and then most likely texas - the #2 team. you guys won't even sniff that level of competition - b/c you won't even get that far. and just b/c tennessee and georgia are soft this year doesn't mean they're not in the hunt year in and year out. but i do wish we could slide ole miss and you guys in there so you'd have less to ***** about than our schedule and jorts. besides, i'd rather deal with a guy in jorts than some orange guido toolbag any day. at least you know a guy in jorts can drink. all guidos do is self tan and masturbate in each others feces.

criminal U. criminal U. do you somehow not remember that? nerf balls bro. stop beating that dead horse for the love of all that is holy. officially sick of hearing the same old tired bull****.

HurriPhin
09-18-2009, 06:14 PM
dude, give it up. you beat a vastly overrated GT team - congrafugginglations. just b/c you guys *might* be relevant again doesn't mean you have to revert back to being a total assclown like all cane fans when their team has a chance to not totally and utterly suck. you guys looked good - offensively and defensively - i was impressed. but if we played you this year we would stomp you harder than when dave chappelle came over and whooped your monkey *** in some street ball. you think your offense would put up more than a touchdown on our D? not a fugging chance.

we already had the schedule talk - ours isn't much worse if at all. a&m? ucf? virginia? duke? come on. we have 4 gimmes too. huh - how about that. we'll have to play LSU - who is always up there - alabama - who is sick - and then most likely texas - the #2 team. you guys won't even sniff that level of competition - b/c you won't even get that far. and just b/c tennessee and georgia are soft this year doesn't mean they're not in the hunt year in and year out. but i do wish we could slide ole miss and you guys in there so you'd have less to ***** about than our schedule and jorts. besides, i'd rather deal with a guy in jorts than some orange guido toolbag any day. at least you know a guy in jorts can drink. all guidos do is self tan and masturbate in each others feces.

criminal U. criminal U. do you somehow not remember that? nerf balls bro. stop beating that dead horse for the love of all that is holy. officially sick of hearing the same old tired bull****.

Beating a dead horse is calling us Criminal U. Thug UF is the new trend that just started 3-4 years ago when Urban Meyer Wiener arrived. Whats with all the assclown talk and masturbating in feces? Maybe you guys in jorts can drink a lot, but yikes, I'd hate to see what happens when you rednecks get drunk.

BTW, besides the ga*tors (I use the asterisk b/c I received a warning when I typed the "y") loss to the Rebels the Canes were your hardest fought game last year. There's no way you would stomp us this year. It would be a helluva game. I like how you consider FSU and GT "overrated" now just b/c we beat them. Whatever let's you sleep at night. Just be careful don't fall asleep next to that drunk redneck in jorts.

U-M_all_day
09-18-2009, 07:21 PM
who cares, we don't even play each other........just do you and worry about your own team.......Both teams Fans........Good Luck on the season Florida Fans

U-M_all_day
09-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Also who talked S*** about the field? LOL We are all Phans of a team that Plays on that field.....wow

HurriPhin
09-19-2009, 05:37 AM
who cares, we don't even play each other........just do you and worry about your own team.......Both teams Fans........Good Luck on the season Florida Fans

What are you, our friendship counselor? You sound like my grade school principal trying to rally everyone to get along. F*** the ga*turds. Not only do I curse them with bad luck but I wish that they'll lose every game they play, Teblow deteriorates and drops from the Heisman race, all their players suck in the NFL and Urban gets syphilis. I truly enjoy hating in-state rivals FSUcks and University of 24 Felons. Please, don't take away my fun by trying to mediate. How 'bout you worry about you and I'll just continue doing my thing by being an obnoxious *******.

TedSlimmJr
09-19-2009, 06:43 AM
Beating a dead horse is calling us Criminal U. Thug UF is the new trend that just started 3-4 years ago when Urban Meyer Wiener arrived. Whats with all the assclown talk and masturbating in feces? Maybe you guys in jorts can drink a lot, but yikes, I'd hate to see what happens when you rednecks get drunk.

BTW, besides the ga*tors (I use the asterisk b/c I received a warning when I typed the "y") loss to the Rebels the Canes were your hardest fought game last year. There's no way you would stomp us this year. It would be a helluva game. I like how you consider FSU and GT "overrated" now just b/c we beat them. Whatever let's you sleep at night. Just be careful don't fall asleep next to that drunk redneck in jorts.

Hey Hurri...I don't think that 26-3 beatdown where Miami could only muster up 140 yards of total offense was their 2nd hardest fought game last year....:lol:

Bama had the lead going into the 4th quarter of the SEC CG 20-17...

I watched both of them just like you probably did....Miami hung in there with Florida for 3 quarters....

But I think you'd admit you're stretching it here a little bit...

HurriPhin
09-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Hey Hurri...I don't think that 26-3 beatdown where Miami could only muster up 140 yards of total offense was their 2nd hardest fought game last year

Bama had the lead going into the 4th quarter of the SEC CG 20-17...

I watched both of them just like you probably did....Miami hung in there with Florida for 3 quarters....

But I think you'd admit you're stretching it here a little bit...

I'm not admitting tihs. What "beatdown" where you watching? Kudos to your bloody Tide, but we held them to 1 TD and 132 total yards thru 3 qtrs with a very young and inexperienced team. Thug UF scored on their first drive and didn't see the endzone again until 3 minutes into the 4th quarter which no team was able to do to them all season. Of course a football game is played for 4 quarters and our lack of experience caught up with us and they did put two impressive drives together in the 4th and scored two TD's. Our anemic offense was more held in check by Nix and Marve than the ga*turds D. We also stopped the heralded Harvin who had a mere 27 rushing yards and only 1 catch for 12 yards. The U also held them to their 2nd lowest total yards all season (345, Vols held them to 243) with only 89 total rushing yards (55 by Teblow) and their lowest scoring output. The 23-3 final score plus the classless FG by Urban Meyer Wiener with 25 seconds left to cover the spread so the boosters would suck him off afterward doesn't tell the whole story of how close that game was.

Namor
09-19-2009, 03:59 PM
I put on that old 70's record.."Why can't we be friends?"
LOL

canesandbhoys
09-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Good God, Tennessee is ridiculous.

On offense, they're more worried about eating clock and taking time from Florida that they aren't willing to try to score. And why even put your QB out there if you have no confidence in him?

On defense, they're so worried about the big play that they let the little plays go...

BobDole
09-20-2009, 05:44 PM

beating a dead horse is saying something over and over and over again. like you've done many, many times with the schedule and jorts. a hypocrite is someone who calls UF a team full of thugs when UM basically invented that whole concept years back. see the difference?

our hardest fought game last year was miami? the game that you guys put up 140 yards of total offense and a pathetic 79 passing yards? then lost 26-3? apparently you missed the SEC championship and national title games. way off brosef.

it appears GT was overrated - i never said anything about FSU. everyone is on the same level in the ACC - that's what makes those conference games so exciting to watch. i have no hate towards anyone in that conference except FSU.

i would rather talk about my gators than have the same argument with you ad nauseum.

we didn't look that fantastic yesterday. i haven't re-watched it yet after getting black out drunk by halftime yesterday but from what i remember we played really conservative offense. thought for sure we'd try and run up the score on lane 'the mouth' kiffin. all i really remember about yesterday was watching some dude trying to do a key bump in the bathroom only to drop his bag in the urinal and do one anyway and laughing at some guy who was passed out in the gutter next to the bars who turned out to be an old friend of mine from college. good stuff.

Namor
09-20-2009, 06:01 PM
beating a dead horse is saying something over and over and over again. like you've done many, many times with the schedule and jorts. a hypocrite is someone who calls UF a team full of thugs when UM basically invented that whole concept years back. see the difference?

our hardest fought game last year was miami? the game that you guys put up 140 yards of total offense and a pathetic 79 passing yards? then lost 26-3? apparently you missed the SEC championship and national title games. way off brosef.

it appears GT was overrated - i never said anything about FSU. everyone is on the same level in the ACC - that's what makes those conference games so exciting to watch. i have no hate towards anyone in that conference except FSU.

i would rather talk about my gators than have the same argument with you ad nauseum.

we didn't look that fantastic yesterday. i haven't re-watched it yet after getting black out drunk by halftime yesterday but from what i remember we played really conservative offense. thought for sure we'd try and run up the score on lane 'the mouth' kiffin. all i really remember about yesterday was watching some dude trying to do a key bump in the bathroom only to drop his bag in the urinal and do one anyway and laughing at some guy who was passed out in the gutter next to the bars who turned out to be an old friend of mine from college. good stuff.

Good post Bob..
I'm tired of arguing with the ACC crowd.
Don't worry..as a Bama fan,I'm still worried about the Gators.
I think we are on course for a rematch in the SECCG.
The thing about Kiffen is "he never was going to try win that
game yesterday.All he was doing was slowing the game down to
beat the spread and not get humiliated.
Keeping it close and trying win in the fourth is one thing,but Lame
Kiffen was just trying to keep the game from getting out of hand.
To pull off a upset,you have to take a few chances.
I think thats why Fla. looked a little sluggish.

BobDole
09-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Good post Bob..
I'm tired of arguing with the ACC crowd.
Don't worry..as a Bama fan,I'm still worried about the Gators.
I think we are on course for a rematch in the SECCG.
The thing about Kiffen is "he never was going to try win that
game yesterday.All he was doing was slowing the game down to
beat the spread and not get humiliated.
Keeping it close and trying win in the fourth is one thing,but Lame
Kiffen was just trying to keep the game from getting out of hand.
To pull off a upset,you have to take a few chances.
I think thats why Fla. looked a little sluggish.

the SEC title rematch will in reality be the national championship game - just as it was last year. UF and alabama are probably the 2 best teams in college football - definitely scared of the tide. i'm re-watching the game right now and tennessee just looks like they're trying to eat up clock without even trying to score. talk about gutless football. kiffin strikes again.

CedarPhin
09-20-2009, 06:18 PM
When they had 1st and 20 and ran 3 straight up the middle...you knew they weren't trying to win.

Namor
09-20-2009, 06:19 PM
When they had 1st and 20 and ran 3 straight up the middle...you knew they weren't trying to win.

Hey Cedar..did you get my PM?

JCane
09-20-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm pretty thankful I didn't bet on the Gators like I had planned. Instead, I lost my *** on Nevada -3 lol. That said, I gotta be honest...I wasn't impressed with Florida at all. No flame...they just didn't look tough at all. If Tennessee had a half decent QB...they win that game. And I swear I will punch someone in the back of the face if I ever hear a "Taylor Mays is better than Eric Berry" argument EVER again lol.

CedarPhin
09-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Hey Cedar..did you get my PM?

Yeah man, sorry I didn't get back to you. I've been studying for the LSAT all day.

Namor
09-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Yeah man, sorry I didn't get back to you. I've been studying for the LSAT all day.

That's cool.
Where you going to school?
My son-in-law is studying for his LSAT at Bama.
Good luck with the test.

BobDole
09-20-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm pretty thankful I didn't bet on the Gators like I had planned. Instead, I lost my *** on Nevada -3 lol. That said, I gotta be honest...I wasn't impressed with Florida at all. No flame...they just didn't look tough at all. If Tennessee had a half decent QB...they win that game. And I swear I will punch someone in the back of the face if I ever hear a "Taylor Mays is better than Eric Berry" argument EVER again lol.

yeah, i wasn't real impressed either. there were a few guys recovering from the (swine) flu and spikes came out early on - but all excuses aside - we played pretty lame conservative football. not quite as lame as the vols game plan but lame nonetheless. we didn't take nearly enough shots down field and just weren't trying to embarrass tennessee like we should have. just going for the W - which i guess is okay.

and yes - berry is by far the best safety in college football. mays is damn good but doesn't have the talent of that freak berry. he should be a top 5 pick barring injury.

your canes looked good thursday. i'm not quite sold on you guys just yet - the next few weeks will say a lot in terms of if the U is back. can't believe how good your QB has played - thought he was a pretender for sure.

HurriPhin
09-20-2009, 11:36 PM
your canes looked good thursday. i'm not quite sold on you guys just yet - the next few weeks will say a lot in terms of if the U is back. can't believe how good your QB has played - thought he was a pretender for sure.

Yeah I'm surprised with the #9 ranking to be honest and not to sure if we've proved to be a top 10 quite yet. i think the two primetime games helped coax the media a lil' more than they needed to be. If/when we beat VT then we'll be a top 10 team. If/when we beat Oklahoma then I think we would have done all that was asked of us and more in our first 4 games and I'll then believe we're a top 5.

Although it wasn't the final result everyone was expecting, congrats on taking care of Tenn. and thanks for shutting down Bryce Brown. I also have to say that Im not sure F*****a was as conservative as the Vols defense was good. The Vols held the ga*tors to there lowest total yardage last year. This season with the your lack of experience in the WR core and Berry and co. in the Vol's secondary that helped Tennessee stay even keeled on defense.

JCane
09-22-2009, 06:42 AM
*ahem*

Channing Crowder is LAZY.

That is all.

HurriPhin
09-22-2009, 07:30 AM
..and please Fins, don't replace him with Spikes next year. Anyone but another ga*tor. :chuckle:

Namor
09-22-2009, 09:04 AM
*ahem*

Channing Crowder is LAZY.

That is all.

Also slow and terrible in pass coverage.

TedSlimmJr
09-22-2009, 11:08 AM
..and please Fins, don't replace him with Spikes next year. Anyone but another ga*tor. :chuckle:

I've always felt Spikes was a little overrated.....I've seen him be very ineffective in the run game...

In fact...I saw Hardesty running through his *** Saturday....literally...one-on-one...

I'll take Rolando for 500 Alex...

BobDole
09-22-2009, 02:30 PM
<in cartman voice> gawd i hate you guys.

Namor
09-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Hey Bob
Did you hear Lame Kiffens latest rant about Urban using the sickness
excuse.
I swear he is the CEO of Massengale...a total douche

BobDole
09-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Hey Bob
Did you hear Lame Kiffens latest rant about Urban using the sickness
excuse.
I swear he is the CEO of Massengale...a total douche

indeed i did. can't wait to play us again? yeah, me neither. urban should know better than getting into a war of words with that fool though - no need to drop down to his level.

Phins_Dynasty
09-24-2009, 02:31 AM
Glad you put this up...

all I have to say is:

GATORS ALL THE WAY, GO GATORS!

I was in Dolphins stadium to watch the Gators win the title and was in the swamp for the first three games of this season. I'm really looking forward to the LSU night game, too bad its away but we still got it, and I'm going to love watching the Noles get demolished when the take the trip down to gville!!! Finz & Gators all day!!

ORAANNGGEEEE .... BLUEEEEEEEE

Phins_Dynasty
09-24-2009, 02:48 AM
<in cartman voice> gawd i hate you guys.

Go Gators :chuckle:
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Boone
09-26-2009, 06:05 PM
GO BIG BLUE! :foundout:

I'm praying for a miracle!

DolphinMistress
09-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Go Gators :chuckle:

Nice to see another Gators fan...

@Boone - sorry but we KILLED the Wildcats yesterday...

I just hope Tebow will get well before we play LSU...

BobDole
09-28-2009, 02:20 PM
my fugging heart stopped after watching tebow lay lifeless on the ground on saturday. of course he gets a nasty concussion before we play LSU. at least he has an extra week to recover - he's gonna need it after that blow to the head. brantley's no joke but he's no tebow.

the defense is playing better and better as the season goes on. the depth we have at nearly every position - minus DT - isn't even fair. i really like our backup MLB - bostic if my mind serves me correctly. dude's gonna be a stud. and the secondary is just filthy - don't even need to add anything to that statement.

thank God the gators are playing so well - the fins are killing me. with how everyone in college football is looking so hit-or-miss the SEC championship might as well be the national championship. again. florida and alabama are by far the most impressive teams it seems.

Namor
09-28-2009, 02:37 PM
my fugging heart stopped after watching tebow lay lifeless on the ground on saturday. of course he gets a nasty concussion before we play LSU. at least he has an extra week to recover - he's gonna need it after that blow to the head. brantley's no joke but he's no tebow.

the defense is playing better and better as the season goes on. the depth we have at nearly position - minus DT - isn't even fair. i really like our backup MLB - bostic if my mind serves me correctly. dude's gonna be a stud. and the secondary is just filthy - don't even need to add anything to that statement.

thank God the gators are playing so well - the fins are killing me. with how everyone in college football is looking so hit-or-miss the SEC championship might as well be the national championship. again. florida and alabama are by far the most impressive teams it seems.

I agree..Bama vs FLA. for all the marbles.
I hope Tebow is okay.......I never hope for a athlete to get hurt.
.....well...maybe Tom Brady.

Bumpus
09-28-2009, 06:41 PM
:chuckle:
In other news: Apparantly, Chuck Norris does not wear Tim Tebow pajamas.

BobDole
09-29-2009, 11:17 AM
In other news: Apparantly, Chuck Norris does not wear Tim Tebow pajamas.

funny and extremely not funny at the same time. nice. :rimshot:

JCane
10-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Check out this Benz at the Miami - Oklahoma game from tonight lol.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/10/photo1en-1.jpg

CedarPhin
10-04-2009, 03:08 AM
Hahaha.

BobDole
10-06-2009, 05:17 PM
tebow finally practiced today - but still hasn't been cleared to play. not gonna lie - getting pretty worried about this situation. i still think he'll be cleared before saturday - but man this is racking my nerves. all i can say is thank God we had a bye week after that nasty concussion.

BobDole
10-10-2009, 11:04 AM
game day. i don't think there is any way they will let tebow sit this one out. damn we need him in there against that LSU D. i'll be blackout drunk by 8 tonight anyway - will be grillin and drinkin all day.

CedarPhin
10-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Tebow got cleared to play tonight. I don't know if he will or not though.

Daytona Fin
10-10-2009, 07:03 PM
lets go gators!!! i hope its a good game. its been awhile since the gators have been in a competitive game. i kinda miss it. blowouts are nice but whippin lsu by 51 like last time kinda takes the air out of the hype. so heres a cheer for a competitive game, i doubt it though. geaux gators.

BobDole
10-11-2009, 06:41 PM
decent game yesterday - nothing too exciting - but anytime we can leave death valley on a saturday night with a win i'm happy. our D is phenomenal - man i'm gonna miss watching the group play together after the years end. best gator D ever - that group is something special. spikes and haden are the best in the country at their positions - both will be early to mid first rounders.

another very boring offensive game plan for us. i get the conservative play calling i guess, but why have tebow rush 17 times after a severe concussion? i wasn't a fan of that at all. just give it to moody - he needs more touches anyway. he's a great back that's way underutilized.

Daytona Fin
10-12-2009, 07:27 AM
it seems like they are playing conservative. doing just enough to win. kind of like getting the lead and saying to the other team beat us. i think theyre saving the bells and whistles for when they need them. gators havent opened up yet.

RustyGator
10-12-2009, 11:00 AM
This offense reminds me a lot of the Gators pre-Ole Miss last year. I think now that LSU, the big hurdle, is over, we'll be seeing a little more of an opened-up offense.

CedarPhin
10-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Gators have a bit of fumblitis this week.

PhinsTD
10-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Man, Arkansas is simply giving this game to Florida with missed opportunities.

X-Pacolypse
10-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Arkansas crapped the bed. They should have won this game.

COphinphan89
10-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Ugly, ugly, ugly. But I'll take it. This WAS the Ole Miss game last year. Only difference is that we won. Really need to need to get the fumbling under control and re-learn how to tackle too. Hope Spikes is OK too. That was just an awful, awful all around game.

BobDole
10-17-2009, 10:27 PM
i'll take the W but those calls we got in our favor on that last drive were crap. there was no pass interference and the taunting call was total BS. i hate to win like that - but the loss would've been worse. we really need to work on our play calling - we had thompson and a few guys wide open all game that we just didn't throw to. the dive play was getting stuffed all game - yet we continued to do it. the passing game was wide open all game - we didn't even need to run the ball. but we kept doing it - for minimal gains. if we keep up the BS play calls when we face alabama they will dismantle us. we also need spikes to be healthy in a big way.

thought today was going to be a repeat of ole miss - thank God it wasn't. we made a mediocre arkansas team look like serious contenders. i can't believe they didn't rape us after those turnovers.

Cloudy
10-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Have to admit I really didn't think we were going to win that game and without those ref calls I don't think we would have won.

JCane
10-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Effing garbage.

CedarPhin
10-18-2009, 12:32 AM
Those two back to back penalties were atrocious.

Damn near as bad as that PI call on Monday.

COphinphan89
10-18-2009, 03:57 AM
I actually thought the PI call on Arkansas was legit. DB was playing the man and not the ball and made contact. But that second flag was really bad, but that happens unfortunately. We've been on the wrong end of those calls more than once before. Don't like to win that way, but it happens. Everybody gets calls like that from time to time. No game is officiated perfectly. Just learn from this trainwreck and move the hell on and don't repeat this crap against MSU next week. This is one of those rare occasions where I'm down after a win.

CedarPhin
10-18-2009, 04:06 AM
Their offense doesn't look the same without Harvin and Murphy.

COphinphan89
10-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Their offense doesn't look the same without Harvin and Murphy.
Sure doesn't. Losing Andre Debose for the year really hurt too. But he'll still have all his eligibility left after this season. I'm hoping that yesterday was a light turning on in Deonte's head and he can become a playmaker.

Play-calling was awful. (Can we please stop giving offensive touches to Brandon James? Please?) Offensive line sucked. WR's couldn't get open. Tebow had two fumbles and held on to the ball for too long all game but he pulled it together and was clutch on that last drive.

I think this will be the wake up call this team seems to need every year, typically in the form of a loss to an SEC West team. Because if a performance like that one won't wake them up, nothing will.

BobDole
10-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Sure doesn't. Losing Andre Debose for the year really hurt too. But he'll still have all his eligibility left after this season. I'm hoping that yesterday was a light turning on in Deonte's head and he can become a playmaker.

Play-calling was awful. (Can we please stop giving offensive touches to Brandon James? Please?) Offensive line sucked. WR's couldn't get open. Tebow had two fumbles and held on to the ball for too long all game but he pulled it together and was clutch on that last drive.

I think this will be the wake up call this team seems to need every year, typically in the form of a loss to an SEC West team. Because if a performance like that one won't wake them up, nothing will.

i am not a fan of our new offensive coordinator at all. we have more talent than we're letting on - fugging use it. we threw the ball long twice yesterday - one was a drop that was a sure touchdown and one was a 77 yard score. why were they not doing that all game - especially since the run was getting stuffed? we had guys wide open down field all game long that we weren't throwing to - what the fugg was the deal? that crap was driving me nuts.

we have to open up the playbook or alabama will absolutely dismantle us. we got lucky with those inept play calls yesterday. i thought we were going to coast to the SECCG - now i'm worried about south carolina. oh good.

JCane
10-23-2009, 04:11 AM

COphinphan89
10-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Aww poor Candycanes. What was it this time? The weather? The refs? Glad to see they have that stagger....er....swagger back.

BobDole
10-26-2009, 01:21 AM
watching the game saturday was stressful yet again. our play calling is about as bad as it can be. we are so lucky the defense is so good b/c without them we'd be screwed. our offensive coordinator needs to be fired immediately - the plays he calls could not be more predictable. tebow needs to realize he's not helping himself as far as playing in the next level goes and should start showcasing that arm.

HurriPhin
10-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Aww poor Candycanes. What was it this time? The weather? The refs? Glad to see they have that stagger....er....swagger back.

Hope your enjoying this season because next year yer ga*tors will be irrelevant and will be lucky to be considered a top 25 team. Meanwhile the Canes will be tracking down their 6th NC.

COphinphan89
10-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Hope your enjoying this season because next year yer ga*tors will be irrelevant and will be lucky to be considered a top 25 team. Meanwhile the Canes will be tracking down their 6th NC.

Hope you'll be around to show your face next year when this offense takes off with Brantley running it while your overrated Co-canes are losing to the Clemsons of the world again.

CedarPhin
10-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Did you become a Gator fan and catch Gator fever when they won in 2006?

Kind of strange that someone from Colorado would be a Gator fan of all things. Of all people, a Gator fan shouldn't be the one to be trashing on mediocre football. The Zook years ring a bell?

JCane
10-26-2009, 07:51 PM
"I became a Gator fan when I got my first pair of jean shorts. Go Gator."

CedarPhin
10-26-2009, 08:22 PM
"I became a Gator fan when I got my first pair of jean shorts. Go Gator."

The Natty Ice adds a nice touch.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/10/gatorjorts-1.jpg

oh and I forgot this one:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/10/gatorfan-1.jpg

LMAO.

Dolfan3773
10-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah the Gaytor bandwagon has filled up a ton over the past few years....

BobDole
10-27-2009, 07:07 PM
how many times can you guys post the same lame *** pics from the fugging 80's in this thread? you guys desperately need new material. don't worry, i'm sure you'll find something to make fun of us about after we win consecutive championships and you're stuck in '01.

i can't wait to see how many top recruits we'll steal from south florida next year - again. but look on the bright side - you guys MIGHT get a bowl bid - just hope that hope that D shows up against UNC and USF. if you guys lose to them - wow ...

i'd be way more brutal to you cane fans but i don't have any animosity towards the U. if only there were nole and vol fans in here talking trash ...

CedarPhin
10-27-2009, 08:02 PM
C'mon, you have to laugh at the dude in the Gators Ultimate Warrior get up. That's funny on so many levels.

BobDole
10-27-2009, 08:30 PM
yeah, it is pretty funny. i like the shoes.

BobDole
11-01-2009, 04:59 AM
we finally decided to open up the playbook (in the first half at least) and look what happened. i will never understand why they don't spread the ball out more to open up up the field. no way addazio (or whatever the hell that fugg's name is) is there another year.

thompson being healthy really helps in terms of teams not stacking the box - as does actually throwing the ball more than 10 yards a pop - obviously. with brantley at the helm with weapons like thompson and debose out there - healthy - to throw to - we'll be passing all over fools next year. people saying we're done after this season will be in for a seriously rude awakening. can't wait.

TedSlimmJr
11-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah nothing gets an offense back on track quite like playing the worst defense in the conference....

Well...Georgia's defense being the worst in the conference is debateable....they certainly have the talent...

Georgia's defense being the worst coached in the conference isn't debateable...

OC's have been making an *** out of Martinez all season....he hasn't won a matchup with the opposing teams OC all year by my count...

Nice win Crocs.....sewed up the Eastern Division.....

See you in Atlanta....

BobDole
11-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Yeah nothing gets an offense back on track quite like playing the worst defense in the conference....

Well...Georgia's defense being the worst in the conference is debateable....they certainly have the talent...

Georgia's defense being the worst coached in the conference isn't debateable...

OC's have been making an *** out of Martinez all season....he hasn't won a matchup with the opposing teams OC all year by my count...

Nice win Crocs.....sewed up the Eastern Division.....

See you in Atlanta....

we actually weren't insanely predictable on offense. how about that? i can't believe it took us this long to change it up a little bit. then we switched right back to vanilla in the 2nd half - basically the same 5 plays on offense after that. i can't stand that fugg addazio - meyer screwed up on that hire. he has no idea how to run an offense. if a play works - he'll just run the same one right after that. for no gain. then he'll do it again. it's like watching a retard humping a door nob. very frustrating.

should be a good one in atlanta this year. hopefully we'll realize that you can't call the same fugging plays every time against a D as stacked and well coached as alabama. if so - we don't stand a chance - unless our D wins that battle.

by far the 2 best teams in college football.

JCane
11-02-2009, 01:27 AM
:err:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/11/drb3axjpg2220border220-1.gif

JCane
11-02-2009, 04:32 AM

Oh my...1:35 mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgL2pK-ULHU&feature=PlayList&p=6BCD9EC1F8D6686E&index=107

CedarPhin
11-02-2009, 04:36 AM
Gold.

chrisbaucom
11-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Nothing but class from the Gator nation....karma is golden!

Dolfan3773
11-02-2009, 12:00 PM

Oh my...1:35 mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgL2pK-ULHU&feature=PlayList&p=6BCD9EC1F8D6686E&index=107

:lol:

chrisbaucom
11-02-2009, 01:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4616581

Suspended for the first half of the Vandy game? Urban is a real disciplinarian.

RustyGator
11-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Whatever. This stuff happens ALL THE TIME and rarely gets caught. I don't condone what Spikes did...very unclassy...but stuff like this happens. Spikes was being tormented all game (and I'm sure a few pokes came at him too). It's called an "eye-for-an-eye." ;-)

Anyways, for any Gator fans out there, I finally revamped my Mozilla Firefox theme that I created 2 years ago. I have an Orange and a Blue version:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/46713/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5821

Enjoy!

I'll most likely try on creating a Dolphins version at some point in the future.

BobDole
11-02-2009, 03:26 PM
how many different thread you gonna post that eye gouge, JCane? there were cheap shots done by both teams all through that game. nothing new there. he got suspended for a half. get over it.

it's almost like you want me to come into your canes thread and be a total dick. a guy wearing a gators sweatshirt on to catch a predator? really? dude.

RustyGator
11-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Late hit on Tebow. I'm tellin ya, this stuff happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDvFbD7wIAg&feature=player_embedded

JCane
11-03-2009, 12:05 AM
C'mon. These are friendly cheap shots. I always take pop shots at the Gators. It's just in the blood. Gators and 'Noles do it to this day. It's never gonna end. Gators have been at the top of the college football world for a few years now and yeah, we hate it. College football is cyclical. Back when the 'Canes were dominating all we heard was Thug U this and Thug U that. "Always has been always will be Thug U." Despite the fact that Randy Shannon has seen two arrest in his tenure. I can laugh about it. Yeah, we've had some goons come thru Coral Gables before. Several. But I can laugh about it. Najeh Davenport dropping a duece in some chick's shoe? C'mon. You gotta laugh at that. Eye gouging...**** happens in ever game at ever level. And Urban Meyer hit he nail on the head when he said we live in a world of media outlets and YouTube. Brandon Spikes got caught. He's been suspended for half a game. Big deal. I have no problem with that either. Meyer has a job to do. Meyer has to win. It's difficult to win when you suspened you best defensive player for any amount of time. I get it. But the Gator fan on "To Catch a Predator" I mean seriously...that's funny. That's Najeh Davenport drop a **** in your shoe funny. You dudes want to come over and be dicks or whatever in the 'Canes threads, be my guest. I expect it. I'll laugh it off. It's no big deal to me either way. If one of our players does something stupid that thread will be one of the first places anyone hears about it. When Ryan Hill got arrested for DUI in Tallahassee during Spring Break, I let it be known as soon as I found out because I knew it wouldn't be long before ESPN and the rest of the media got their hands on that information. These are kids. And kids do dumb ****.

By the way, Lane Kiffin stole Nu'Keese Richardson from Urban Meyer and the Gators in the 11th hour of recruiting. Nu'Keese is now transferring to South Florida to play for the Bulls. I wonder if he had to give that money back to the Tennessee boosters...

TedSlimmJr
11-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Give the money back to the boosters? :lol:

Rediculous....you know how we do it in the SEC....it's considered severance pay....as long you're transferring out of conference....

Richardson pitched a ***** on the sidelines with his coaches for not letting him in the Florida game.....

....they started him the next week I think....

I dont think it's any sweat off Kiffin's nuts......Teague is better anyway....

JCane
11-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Kiffin isn't too worried at all. They just landed JUCO transfer Kenbrell Thompkins to replace him anyway. Nu'Keese is upset over his role in the offense. He's a little butthurt is all.

BobDole
11-03-2009, 02:44 AM
keep em coming JCane. got no problem with it - still gotta defend my boys though. except for the 'to catch a predator' guy. that was bad.

JCane
11-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Some dressed as Tim Tebow for Halloween lol.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/11/tebow-1.jpg

RustyGator
11-03-2009, 09:24 AM
lol. that's a great costume.

I'm glad a non-Gator fan finally gets it for the Spikes situation. Thanks JCane. It's true that what Spikes did was extremely unclassy. But this stuff happens, and he got caught. 1/2 a game suspension sounds about right.

As for the whole thug reputation of UM and now of UF, I think that's just what comes with the territory. When you have the best athletes, unfortunately, and no one seems to be saying it, but you have a higher likelihood of being a thug. They do anything to get by in football...and sometimes in life. The correlation exists for when UM had the best college athletes in the 90s and now for UF in the past 5 years. Honestly, I think it has NOTHING to do with Urban Meyer, Randy Shannon, or any HC. How much control does a HC have of a player during the off-season, for example? Some of these guys think they can get away with murder. They've been served life on a silver platter their whole life and some of them take that for granted.

JCane
11-03-2009, 09:38 AM
You'd be amazed at the things Randy does to keep his nose in player's business during the off-season. Trust me. That dude is a drill sergeant. Players still aren't allowed to wear hats to class, they can't be late to class, and they can't miss class. Randy gets his reports at the end of the week and he's on these dudes. Urban Meyer just wants to win big time football games but at least he's ****ing capable of winning big time football games. Once football season is over, Meyer isn't in his kid's business. No hats...dumbest **** I ever heard.

RustyGator
11-03-2009, 01:40 PM
lol. I hear what you're saying. I'm sure there's more that Meyer could do during the offseason and outside of football. I guess Meyer feels his time and energy is better served elsewhere. College football is a tough business. You don't want to ignore integrity, but you also don't want to lose (because then you'll just get canned). All I gotta say is I'm glad I'm not a head-ball coach. That's gotta be one of the most stressful jobs in America.

BobDole
11-08-2009, 07:12 PM
well, at least we've got the gators.

RustyGator
11-11-2009, 02:49 PM
To all you people complaining about Spike's eye-gouge...where's the uproar about this? I'm telling you...this stuff happens ALL THE TIME. While what Spikes did was unexcusable, the way the media emphasizes EVERYTHING so harshly when it comes to UF is getting ridiculous.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/11/BRANCH_EYE_GOUGEJPG-1.jpg

BobDole
11-11-2009, 05:06 PM
absolutely. the worst part is spikes never, ever pulls crap like that. ealey coming out and saying there should be no suspension - b/c it happens all the time and spikes didn't even make contact - speaks volumes. him taking himself out of the whole vandy game really shows his character.

but it goes both ways with the gators. the media is either on their knees or biting off our dicks when the gators are concerned. goes with the territory.

TedSlimmJr
11-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Think Spikes takes himself out of that game if it's LSU or Bama and not Vandy?

The entire defense could've went to Six Flags for the day and it wouldn't have mattered....:lol:

BobDole
11-11-2009, 07:08 PM
not even close. but that's neither here nor there. lucky for us it was vandy we played next so that situation never had to come up.

there are so many gators that have gotten in trouble the last few years. this is one guy that keeps his nose clean and never pulls crap like he did against georgia. i wouldn't defend a lot of our team for doing what he did - but i do spikes. he's earned a pass in my book.

BobDole
11-14-2009, 03:45 PM
south carolina today. ole ball coach always plays us tough - should be a good game. unfortunately, my sister's wedding is today so i'll have to record it. i hate missing gators and fins games. stupid wedding.

RustyGator
11-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Wow, what a crazy freakin game. Offensive playcalling is atrocious. Addazio plays the calls no matter who his athletes are. He doesn't utilize Tim Tebow the way he's supposed to be utilized. Thankfully, we have the best defense in the country to bail us out again.

Namor
11-14-2009, 11:33 PM
To all you people complaining about Spike's eye-gouge...where's the uproar about this? I'm telling you...this stuff happens ALL THE TIME. While what Spikes did was unexcusable, the way the media emphasizes EVERYTHING so harshly when it comes to UF is getting ridiculous.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/11/BRANCH_EYE_GOUGEJPG-1.jpg

That looks like the "Crippler Crossface" move Chris Benoit used to use
as a finisher in the WWE!!!

BobDole
11-16-2009, 09:42 PM
addazio is mentally retarded. lucky for us our D is crazy stacked.

JCane
11-17-2009, 01:47 AM
south carolina today. ole ball coach always plays us tough - should be a good game. unfortunately, my sister's wedding is today so i'll have to record it. i hate missing gators and fins games. stupid wedding.

I bailed on my sister's wedding early to catch the Dolphins - Bengals game a couple of years ago. I didn't give a ****. I bailed early and heading back to my hotel in time for kickoff lol.

BobDole
11-17-2009, 12:27 PM
I bailed on my sister's wedding early to catch the Dolphins - Bengals game a couple of years ago. I didn't give a ****. I bailed early and heading back to my hotel in time for kickoff lol.

i bailed right after the ceremony to head down to miami for the fins game. i wasn't about to let 1 wedding mess up plans for 2 football games. i had a friend in the parking lot ready to immediately make the drive down - kind of like a getaway car. she wasn't overly happy that i left so quickly - or that i forgot my shoes so i had to rock my new balances.

COphinphan89
11-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Well we have two tune-ups before we see Alabama. Hopefully we can get the kinks worked out of our offense before then. Only two more games at The Swamp for our seniors. We'll get to see a lot of Brantley this weekend which is always exciting for me because I like this guy a lot. There will be no drop-off talentwise at the QB position next year.

BobDole
11-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Well we have two tune-ups before we see Alabama. Hopefully we can get the kinks worked out of our offense before then. Only two more games at The Swamp for our seniors. We'll get to see a lot of Brantley this weekend which is always exciting for me because I like this guy a lot. There will be no drop-off talentwise at the QB position next year.

i have a feeling we'll see an offense reminiscent of the old fun-n-gun from way back when. brantley's got a great arm and debose and thompson will be excellent receivers. as long as we get someone to replace addazio we'll be money on offense - and we'll never have to worry about defense with strong at coordinator.

RustyGator
11-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Let me ask a question to Gator fans. I'm trying to figure out exactly why the offense seems to be struggling. I feel that it's 80% Addazio's fault. However, do you think the problem is that he's created an offensive scheme in which the players need to conform to? I'm just curious because it seems like a lot of the playcalls don't really fit, for example, Tebow's skill set. With the offensive playcalls this year, it appears as if Brantley would actually succeed what Tebow is doing. Don't get me wrong, I want Tebow back there 100%...I just think Addazio is sending some playcalls that don't make sense given the players we have back there. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year.

And you're right...I can't wait for Andrew Debose. I sure wish we had him this year. How much more effective would those bubble screens be to Debose over Brandon James? lol. James just doesn't look comfortable on offense. The fact that he's one of our starting receivers shows how thin we are in that area.

BobDole
11-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Let me ask a question to Gator fans. I'm trying to figure out exactly why the offense seems to be struggling. I feel that it's 80% Addazio's fault. However, do you think the problem is that he's created an offensive scheme in which the players need to conform to? I'm just curious because it seems like a lot of the playcalls don't really fit, for example, Tebow's skill set. With the offensive playcalls this year, it appears as if Brantley would actually succeed what Tebow is doing. Don't get me wrong, I want Tebow back there 100%...I just think Addazio is sending some playcalls that don't make sense given the players we have back there. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year.

And you're right...I can't wait for Andrew Debose. I sure wish we had him this year. How much more effective would those bubble screens be to Debose over Brandon James? lol. James just doesn't look comfortable on offense. The fact that he's one of our starting receivers shows how thin we are in that area.

i think it's 100% addazio myself. cooper and nelson ain't exactly world beaters out there - but they've got more talent than addazio is giving them credit for. we hardly throw the ball more than ten yards - when we actually decide to throw the ball. he just milks the talent we have at RB with moody, james, rainey, demps - and might as well include tebow - and shows no creativity with the passing game. there is absolutely no balance on offense - teams know we're gonna run the ball 75% of the time and that's exactly what we do. and when we do throw the ball it's 5 yard outs and bubble screens every damn time. granted, cooper has let some bombs go right through his hands this year - but that's still no excuse. there's no way we'd be having the same problems on offense if mullen was still there.

addazio needs to go - plain and simple. he's brainless and predictable. next year with brantley, debose, and thompson starting we should be a pass happy team - or at least find some balance at the very least. we'll still have a ton of talent at the RB position - but if we're smart we'll use the passing game to set up the running game and not vice versa.

RustyGator
11-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Yeah, you make some very good points. For me, I'm going to give Addazio the benefit of the doubt for just ONE MORE season. If he sucks next year, then yeah, I want him out too. I think one of Addazio's other main problems is that he's still coach of the O-line. It's kind of ironic that the two weakest points of this Gator's team is offensive playcalling and the O-line's play. It's not like we lost guys on the O-line. We have future NFL players on that line. It's obvious he can't coach BOTH.

COphinphan89
11-20-2009, 10:33 PM

Seems to me that our playbook consists of about 10 plays. Dive left/right, Tebow left/right, Shovel left/right, Sprint option left/right, TE screen, and then there's THE downfield pass. And every now and then we'll run something out of the I. Really wish we could see more of that. I think our O will be much more vertical with JB4 next year. James is exactly one notch above being completely useless on offense. Can't wait to see Debose next year.

COphinphan89
11-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Brantley=money

ThunderDan13
11-21-2009, 08:15 PM
I almost want him started alongside Tebow THIS season.

Brantley=money

COphinphan89
11-22-2009, 01:03 AM
I almost want him started alongside Tebow THIS season.

I know man. I kinda do too.

BobDole
11-22-2009, 01:24 AM
brantley's gonna be/is sick. the people that 'can't wait' until the gators suck next season will be in for a rude awakening.

COphinphan89
11-22-2009, 01:51 AM
brantley's gonna be/is sick. the people that 'can't wait' until the gators suck next season will be in for a rude awakening.

All very true. We will not suck next year, but I do expect us to take a step back. Next year's schedule is a little tougher and I won't be surprised if we drop a couple games. We're about to lose a lot of talent on D. But we're still gonna be a pretty damn good football team. That said, I do think we'll reload after that season and be ready to make another run at a title in 2011. As long as Urb keeps bringing in top-tier recruiting classes, we'll be just fine. The real J12 wears orange and blue, and his name is John Brantley IV. Not that imposter that Miami has who had about six passes that should have been picks today.

BobDole
11-22-2009, 02:15 AM
All very true. We will not suck next year, but I do expect us to take a step back. Next year's schedule is a little tougher and I won't be surprised if we drop a couple games. We're about to lose a lot of talent on D. But we're still gonna be a pretty damn good football team. That said, I do think we'll reload after that season and be ready to make another run at a title in 2011. As long as Urb keeps bringing in top-tier recruiting classes, we'll be just fine. The real J12 wears orange and blue, and his name is John Brantley IV. Not that imposter that Miami has who had about six passes that should have been picks today.

it should be interesting b/c we're gaining a lot of talent on O - especially at WR - and losing a lot on D. i'm not overly worried about the D b/c of how good our back ups are. the guy taking spikes' place - bostic - is gonna be the next in a long line of great gator ILB's. i can't even remember the last time we didn't have a stud in the middle. we've got jenkins coming up at OLB - who was in the very top of that talent pool - so not worried there. we've got a few ends i've been waiting to see for a while - we have that position in the bag every year. the real killer will be losing haden, wright, and black - but with the other jenkins and will hill back - i think we'll still be good. and any charlie strong coached defense is gonna be sick - which goes without saying.

we'll definitely take a step back on the defensive side of the ball - but i don't think it will be as big as most people think.

HurriPhin
11-22-2009, 08:35 PM
the people that 'can't wait' until the gators suck next season will be in for a rude awakening.

I won't hold my breath.

That said, I do think we'll reload after that season and be ready to make another run at a title in 2011.

Put down the kool-aid and back away from the cooler. :lol:

The real J12 wears orange and blue, and his name is John Brantley IV. Not that imposter that Miami has who had about six passes that should have been picks today.

You man the same QB who had an injured thumb on his throwing hand which was in a soft cast earlier in the week and still threw for 348 yards/2 TD's and led his team to victory.
Oh that impostor. :oops:

Too bad Brantley wont be be able to play FIU every week and have the same joke of a schedule that your current gimpy armed fullback has faced.

COphinphan89
11-22-2009, 11:03 PM
I won't hold my breath.

Put down the kool-aid and back away from the cooler. :lol:

You man the same QB who had an injured thumb on his throwing hand which was in a soft cast earlier in the week and still threw for 348 yards/2 TD's and led his team to victory.
Oh that impostor. :oops:

Too bad Brantley wont be be able to play FIU every week and have the same joke of a schedule that your current gimpy armed fullback has faced.
17 INTs. The most in the ACC.

Sure J12 won't play FIU every week, but Noodle-arm Harris isn't gonna face Duke, UCF, or FAMU every week either. Yeah good job leading your team to a win over Duke, Noodle-arm. That's always a big win for your program.....when you're playing basketball.

And you can boast about your schedule all you want, but how you play is more important than who you play. Randy Shannon=Ron Zook. J12>Noodle-arm Harris, and it's not even close.

Oh by the way, sweet tarps guys. You gonna bring those with you to your bowl game along with both of your fans?

chrisbaucom
11-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Gator fans are so un original they have to steal a nickname from a Miami QB. What exactly has Brantley done?

COphinphan89
11-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Gator fans are so un original they have to steal a nickname from a Miami QB. What exactly has Brantley done?
He hasn't had very many opportunities yet, but when he has played, he's been pretty good. He and noodle-arm both have two years of eligibility left. I can assure you that in those two seasons, he will throw for more TDs and fewer jacories (INTs) than noodle-arm will.

HurriPhin
11-23-2009, 02:11 PM
How does a QB with a "noodle arm" throw for 3003 yards, which is top 10 in the nation, and 21 TD's? I think you have Jacory mistaken for your fullback. Has Teblow even thrown for 2000 yards this season? I'll save you the trouble on that one... NO. Jacory has thrown multiple TD's in 8 of 11 games, Teblow 3 of 11. Heisman candidate my ***. If he does happen to pull off that popularity trophy, he better come right back to Ga*nesville and hand it off to his defense. Right now there's no point in arguing about Brantley. He's an unknown commodity. Save that trash for next year.

BTW, I'm more than happy with our fan base. At least when I meet a Cane fan I know he/she is for real.

chrisbaucom
11-23-2009, 02:33 PM
He hasn't had very many opportunities yet, but when he has played, he's been pretty good. He and noodle-arm both have two years of eligibility left. I can assure you that in those two seasons, he will throw for more TDs and fewer jacories (INTs) than noodle-arm will.

They scored 10 points against Kentucky when Tebow left the game. That's pretty good? Or was it the points they scored against FIU after Tebow was pulled? IT WAS FIU!!! I'm not saying Jacory is the second coming, but right now I would take him over Brantley any day of the week purely based on what the two have shown on the field. Being a 5 star recruit or people speculating what you can do means absolutely nothing on the field.

ThunderDan13
11-23-2009, 10:49 PM
How does a QB with a "noodle arm" throw for 3003 yards, which is top 10 in the nation, and 21 TD's? I think you have Jacory mistaken for your fullback. Has Teblow even thrown for 2000 yards this season? I'll save you the trouble on that one... NO. Jacory has thrown multiple TD's in 8 of 11 games, Teblow 3 of 11. Heisman candidate my ***. If he does happen to pull off that popularity trophy, he better come right back to Ga*nesville and hand it off to his defense. Right now there's no point in arguing about Brantley. He's an unknown commodity. Save that trash for next year.

BTW, I'm more than happy with our fan base. At least when I meet a Cane fan I know he/she is for real.

haha.

It's funny that you pull out stats that favor Harris, "OMG DURR HURR MULTIPLE TDs IN A GAME HARRIS PWNS TEBOW DURR!" and completely neglect to mention other equally arbitrary stats that favor Tebow--how many games does Harris have with a rushing and passing TD?

BobDole
11-23-2009, 11:29 PM
you cane guys are funny acting like tebow isn't one - if not the - best college football players of all time. you're telling me you guys wouldn't be on your knees with the rest of us if he was in miami? yeah right.

jacory is the best QB the canes have had in a long time - if he had the defense that dorsey did you guys would be competing for another title - so i can't fault him for the trouble in miami this year. but just wait until brantley comes in next year - then we can have the comparison conversation for real - and it won't be close.

ThunderDan13
11-23-2009, 11:35 PM
you cane guys are funny acting like tebow isn't one - if not the - best college football players of all time. you're telling me you guys wouldn't be on your knees with the rest of us if he was in miami? yeah right.

jacory is the best QB the canes have had in a long time - if he had the defense that dorsey did you guys would be competing for another title - so i can't fault him for the trouble in miami this year. but just wait until brantley comes in next year - then we can have the comparison conversation for real - and it won't be close.

I think JHarris has the natural talent to be a heisman winner and an NFL starter. The kid is that good.

Problem?

He doesn't have the coaching/mentoring needed to really iron out some of his bad tendencies. Next year (or two) will be exactly like this year only Shanny gets the axe, which he won't, but I wish he would.

This is coming from a Gator/Nole/Cane fan. I grew up in Miami watching the Canes then attended both FSU and UF.

BobDole
11-24-2009, 12:03 AM
I think JHarris has the natural talent to be a heisman winner and an NFL starter. The kid is that good.

Problem?

He doesn't have the coaching/mentoring needed to really iron out some of his bad tendencies. Next year (or two) will be exactly like this year only Shanny gets the axe, which he won't, but I wish he would.

This is coming from a Gator/Nole/Cane fan. I grew up in Miami watching the Canes then attended both FSU and UF.

i think he's pretty damn good myself - but i don't know about the heisman/NFL stuff. he stares down receivers like none other and has that chris leak rainbow under his deep passes. their coaching sucks - and better coaching can help with some of his flaws - but not all of them. if the U can muster any type of a defense during his tenure they'll be a contender - i will say that.

you're a gator, nole, and cane fan? that's ... interesting. that's an uncomfortable menage a trois b/n three teams that aren't fans of one another - with two intense rivalries thrown in the mix. crazy.

ThunderDan13
11-24-2009, 12:08 AM
i think he's pretty damn good myself - but i don't know about the heisman/NFL stuff. he stares down receivers like none other and has that chris leak rainbow under his deep passes. their coaching sucks - and better coaching can help with some of his flaws - but not all of them. if the U can muster any type of a defense during his tenure they'll be a contender - i will say that.

you're a gator, nole, and cane fan? that's ... interesting. that's an uncomfortable menage a trois b/n three teams that aren't fans of one another - with two intense rivalries thrown in the mix. crazy.

As I got older, even before I went through the schools my hatred for all three teams hated.

At the end of the day, I'm a huge FLORIDA SPORTS fan. I love the state. Sure, in pro sports in general the heat, marlins, phins, and panthers are MILES in front of the other cities, but at the end of the day I rather root for a Florida team than anyone else. In college too... I root for USF/UCF/FIU/FAU if not playing UF/FSU/UM.

COphinphan89
11-28-2009, 08:05 PM
A nice whipping to end the reg. season. 12-0 and six in a row. Bring on the Tide.

BobDole
11-29-2009, 06:03 AM
auburn did us a solid and displayed how bama can be a very beatable team. just have someone shadow ingram and make mcelroy beat you. it doesn't get more average than mcelroy - and julio jones can only help out so much. if we can stop ingram alabama will have a very long day.

oh yeah - and whatever you do - don't kick the ball to arenas. if stupid auburn hadn't kept letting him eat their lunch they would've come away with a W. i'm glad bama won though - i want them to undefeated when we play. makes the victory even sweeter.

great send off for tebow today. i love how he wanted to end his career in the swamp with a jump pass. too bad hernandez got tackled coming off the line.

the real national championship takes place in atlanta next week. just for the hell of it i'll go 24-21 florida. close game that comes down to the wire. and then a gang raping against texas in that 'game'.

TedSlimmJr
11-29-2009, 10:33 AM
auburn did us a solid and displayed how bama can be a very beatable team. just have someone shadow ingram and make mcelroy beat you. it doesn't get more average than mcelroy - and julio jones can only help out so much. if we can stop ingram alabama will have a very long day.

oh yeah - and whatever you do - don't kick the ball to arenas. if stupid auburn hadn't kept letting him eat their lunch they would've come away with a W. i'm glad bama won though - i want them to undefeated when we play. makes the victory even sweeter.

great send off for tebow today. i love how he wanted to end his career in the swamp with a jump pass. too bad hernandez got tackled coming off the line.

the real national championship takes place in atlanta next week. just for the hell of it i'll go 24-21 florida. close game that comes down to the wire. and then a gang raping against texas in that 'game'.

To be fair....Arenas only had 1 kick return period.... and 1 so-so big punt return.....Auburn did try to avoid kicking it to Arenas....that's why they kicked it out of bounds twice to open the game on kickoffs....giving Bama the ball at the 40 yard line twice...

If Ingram isn't healthy (hip pointer) that's a big blow to Bama's offense IMO....but McElroy did perform in the clutch when he had to...when the game was on the line...throwing only 1 incompletion on a 15 play, 7 minute drive to ice it with a touchdown pass...without Ingram....don't fall asleep on that rolling ball of butcher knives Trent Richardson...he can get the job done...

I'm curious to see what Saban cooks up for Tebow and that offense....that offensive line has proven that they have trouble protecting him...

I wonder if he'll blitz more....or drop 7-8 guys into coverage and force Tebow to read the defense the way Tennessee did....resulting in 3 sacks, a fumble...a INT...and only 115 yards passing...

Should be another classic....I think it deserves it's own thread this week....:lol:......this IS the real national championship game...

COphinphan89
11-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Also, Julio can only be so effective when he's being covered by Joe Haden. Ingram not being healthy hurts Bama, but that backup RB is just as good as he is. We lost Percy before last year's game and adjusted just fine, so I think Bama will be ok. Should be a great game. Can't wait.

Namor
11-29-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm really enjoying this rivalry with Florida....It's usally for all the marbles.
I've found most Gator fans to be great football fans,(they know what it takes to play
in the SEC).
Most nuts i've listened to are are usally Dolphins fans that just keep yelling against
Saban"He Left us.He left us...over and over like little girls"they pull for Fla.,but
really hate them because their usally cane or FSU fans.
Then there are the meatheads who pull for Bama just cause they hate Fla.(back to
to the Cane or FSU statement)even though they hate Saban,they just Fla. more.
This is the two best teams,the two best coaches,go settle it on the field and may
the best team win...NO SILLY LIP FLAPPING.

Namor
11-29-2009, 07:32 PM

Have to remember Bob...Auburn has a better RB in Tate and
faster Wideouts to get deep with than Florida.
I'll give Auburn credit(And I despise to do that) they put their whole season in that game and threw out the kitchen sink.
I wouldn't advise using that game film as a how to to beat Bama.
If you beat us it will be the same reason as last year..Tebow..
his will to win and ability to carry a team is awsome.
Much respect to that young man,and yes,he is one of the greatist
college players of all time.
When Tim leaves that offense goes to a finesse attach.
Tebow makes the spread physical.
Brantley made be all world,but he isn't no Tebow.
Heres to a great game and NO hard feelings win or lose.
We'll leave that to the ACC or Big12 Fans.

BobDole
11-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Have to remember Bob...Auburn has a better RB in Tate and
faster Wideouts to get deep with than Florida.
I'll give Auburn credit(And I despise to do that) they put their whole season in that game and threw out the kitchen sink.
I wouldn't advise using that game film as a how to to beat Bama.
If you beat us it will be the same reason as last year..Tebow..
his will to win and ability to carry a team is awsome.
Much respect to that young man,and yes,he is one of the greatist
college players of all time.
When Tim leaves that offense goes to a finesse attach.
Tebow makes the spread physical.
Brantley made be all world,but he isn't no Tebow.
Heres to a great game and NO hard feelings win or lose.
We'll leave that to the ACC or Big12 Fans.

you're right about the receivers but nobody has a better rushing attack than us. b/n moody, demps, rainey, james, and tebow it's like running the gauntlet trying to stop those guys. we've got the finesse/speed covered with demps, rainey, and james and the power/physical covered with moody and tebow. it's all there and it's not been stopped thus far.

we will be going to the finesse attack next year if we know what's good for us. i sure will miss tebow on the field on saturdays - i've never had more appreciation for college football in my life than seeing him orchestrate that offense and put it all on his shoulders. it's been my pleasure tim.

i'm hoping for a great game next week. i definitely won't have any hard feelings afterwards either - both teams have earned my utmost respect this year. i've been looking forward to this game before the season even started - it's no surprise they'll both be there competing for a chance at another title.

BobDole
12-05-2009, 07:55 AM
have to bump this one up to the top in anticipation of - well - today. go get em gainesville. i wish dunlap had a brain.

HurriPhin
12-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Oh how glorious! :woot:
All that pompous talk of Thug UF's 1st undefeated season (Canes have 3 out of 5) and how all the seniors are returning to create "best defense ever", only to get ROLLED by a real team. Guess that cupcake schedule didn't really pay off, huh Foley. Dem ga*turds forgot what real copmpetition was all about. Hope you enjoyed the erratic play of your gimpy armed fullback (aka college football's best player :lol:) in his last meaningful game ever. Ha ha!

So is the University of Felons really Urban Meyer Wiener's dream job or does he leave as quickly as your NC hopes in favor of that Irish opening?

Kdawg954
12-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Oh how glorious! :woot:
All that pompous talk of Thug UF's 1st undefeated season (Canes have 3 out of 5) and how all the seniors are returning to create "best defense ever", only to get ROLLED by a real team. Guess that cupcake schedule didn't really pay off, huh Foley. Dem ga*turds forgot what real copmpetition was all about. Hope you enjoyed the erratic play of your gimpy armed fullback (aka college football's best player :lol:) in his last meaningful game ever. Ha ha!

So is the University of Felons really Urban Meyer Wiener's dream job or does he leave as quickly as your NC hopes in favor of that Irish opening?

I always thought Urban was a factor for ND, and I think this loss makes that even more possible.

HurriPhin
12-06-2009, 02:33 AM
Heard of Pittsburgh's Terrible Towel?

Well now Gator fans you can get your very own Tebow Towel! Use it to wipe your tears after getting your hopes dashed for an undefeated National Championship season despite a cupcake schedule. FAIL. Use it to wipe your tears when the reality sets in that your great leader at quarterback is really just a gimpy armed fullback. FAIL. You can even use to wipe your tears in the off season when you realize that the best that Thug UF had to offer will never amount to the accomplishments of the Miami Hurricanes (got 5?). First 100 callers get a free towel compliments of the University of Felons famous 5 finger discount! Call now 1-800-555-FAIL

:rimshot:

Dolfan3773
12-06-2009, 03:36 AM
I'm sorry Tim Tebow but Superman doesn't cry

Priceless!

TedSlimmJr
12-06-2009, 01:02 PM
:boohoo:

BobDole
12-06-2009, 07:39 PM
gators had an awful game plan and bama didn't. i had a bad feeling 10 minutes into the game that never went away. good win bama - no hard feelings whatsoever.

i love the hurricane fans in here talking trash. don't worry fellas - your team still sucks. no need to even talk trash about the U - your season has done that for me.

COphinphan89
12-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Awful defensive game plan. Not having Dunlap hurt, but he wouldn't have saved us. Bring on the Sugar Bowl. One more game left in Tim's legendary career. Also, troll on scUMmers. Enjoy the Rubber Duckie bowl.

kpcane
12-06-2009, 08:14 PM
i love the hurricane fans in here talking trash. don't worry fellas - your team still sucks. .

Don't worry - you guys are still considered the biggest ******* on the face of the earth as long as you keep ducking us every year.

BobDole
12-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Don't worry - you guys are still considered the biggest ******* on the face of the earth as long as you keep ducking us every year.

i seem to recall a 26-3 *** raping last year. please make less sense - it makes these debates fun when you don't have a leg to stand on.

kpcane
12-06-2009, 08:45 PM
i seem to recall a 26-3 *** raping last year. please make less sense - it makes these debates fun when you don't have a leg to stand on.

Is that your serious response?

I know you guys are excited about beating us for the first time in 20 some years, but that's completely IRRELEVANT to the point of you guys ducking us every year. So again, you guys are considered the biggest ******* on the face of the earth as long as you keep ducking us every year.

BobDole
12-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Is that your serious response?

I know you guys are excited about beating us for the first time in 20 some years, but that's completely IRRELEVANT to the point of you guys ducking us every year. So again, you guys are considered the biggest ******* on the face of the earth as long as you keep ducking us every year.

ummm ... yeah, that was a serious response. if we're ducking you every year then how did we play each other last year?

i get it though - and i don't agree with it. would love to play UM every year - i don't like the fact we turned you guys down again for next year. but don't act like it's every year after we played and abused you guys last year. calling us ******* after being one year removed from that kind of embarrassment just makes you sound like a typical ignorant hurricane fan.

kpcane
12-06-2009, 09:54 PM
ummm ... yeah, that was a serious response. if we're ducking you every year then how did we play each other last year?

i get it though - and i don't agree with it. would love to play UM every year - i don't like the fact we turned you guys down again for next year. but don't act like it's every year after we played and abused you guys last year. calling us ******* after being one year removed from that kind of embarrassment just makes you sound like a typical ignorant hurricane fan.

I really don't even know how to respond to you without going down to your level. I've received enough warnings here. The fact that you think we were embarrassed last year, or that you're even proud of winning that game considering the amount of freshmen we played (especially at QB) just makes me :rolleyes2:

BobDole
12-06-2009, 10:07 PM
I really don't even know how to respond to you without going down to your level. I've received enough warnings here. The fact that you think we were embarrassed last year, or that you're even proud of winning that game considering the amount of freshmen we played (especially at QB) just makes me :rolleyes2:

that's funny - after you calling us ******* i thought i was dropping down to your level with my response - which wasn't even that bad.

please drop down another level. i can play this game all day and my feelings don't get hurt. make as many excuses and/or be as condescending as your heart desires.

BobDole
12-06-2009, 10:13 PM
that last one cost this thread a star? really? so i can't even defend the gators now - in the gators thread? oh good.

kpcane
12-06-2009, 10:17 PM
that's funny - after you calling us ******* i thought i was dropping down to your level with my response - which wasn't even that bad.

please drop down another level. i can play this game all day and my feelings don't get hurt. make as many excuses and/or be as condescending as your heart desires.

I wasn't talking about the 'name-calling' level, I was talking about intellectual level. Your deductions are non-sequiturs, and it's pointless to try to go anywhere with you, because you'll eventually change the topic to something unrelated.

BobDole
12-07-2009, 01:00 AM
I wasn't talking about the 'name-calling' level, I was talking about intellectual level. Your deductions are non-sequiturs, and it's pointless to try to go anywhere with you, because you'll eventually change the topic to something unrelated.

and now i'm stupid. fantastic.

please dude. i know football. don't give me that crap.

chrisbaucom
12-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Maybe you should write Jeremy Foley a letter and tell him how much you would like to play Miami on a yearly basis. It's fact that this series ended when Spurrier came to town, because he said you would have to be crazy to want to play Miami every year. The Gators dodged this series for 15 years before they caved in and played in 02 and 03. Now they bumped the back end of a home and home another 5 years, and are trying their hardest to get out of it totally. Try scheduling one more out of conference game other than FSU, and maybe you will stop hearing the talk about how weak your schedule is.

COphinphan89
12-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Maybe you should write Jeremy Foley a letter and tell him how much you would like to play Miami on a yearly basis. It's fact that this series ended when Spurrier came to town, because he said you would have to be crazy to want to play Miami every year. The Gators dodged this series for 15 years before they caved in and played in 02 and 03. Now they bumped the back end of a home and home another 5 years, and are trying their hardest to get out of it totally. Try scheduling one more out of conference game other than FSU, and maybe you will stop hearing the talk about how weak your schedule is.
Maybe you should get your own facts straight before you present something like this as fact. The decision to drop the Miami game was made before the 1987 season. Spurrier was hired before the 1990 season. Spurrier faced Miami as a player in the 60's and wanted to face them as a coach. He was the one responsible for the two home-and-home series that were originally scheduled in the 90s but later canceled by then-UF AD Bill Arnsparger (that name ring a bell?) after the SEC expanded it's regular season game requirement from 7 to 8. He was also responsible for the 02-03 series that was actually played. But that was around the same time Daniel Snyder threw a huge pile of money at him to go coach the Redskins.

Contrary to the apparently widely believed message board/blogosphere rumors, Florida never tried to get out of the 2013 game. And if they really wanted out, they wouldn't have to try either. Those games are agreed to with built-in buyout clauses. If Florida wanted out, they would have done so already.

I will agree with you about Foley though. Guy absolutely refuses to give up another home game and the >$2 million in revenue it generates for the athletics department. UCF backed out on UF a few years ago and Foley replaced them with Charleston Southern. Meyer wasn't happy about that and tried to get Utah on the schedule. When they asked for a return game, Foley said no.

Even though I'd like to see the game played on an annual basis again, not scheduling Miami somewhat makes sense with the attendance factor. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe Miami's home attendance. No sense in forgoing all that sellout home game revenue just so they can go down to Landshark Stadium, fill it up with their own fans, and give Miami a tarp-free, sellout crowd in a season in which they would have otherwise never had one. Florida doesn't need this game at all. Miami does. So why would they give it to them?

But I think it's ridiculous that they can't schedule a home-and-home series with a Louisville or an Iowa or a Cal. I speak for a lot of Gator fans when I say that I get sick and damn tired of the "take your paycheck and your ***-whipping and go home" games. It gets a little stale after a while. USF 2010 and 2015 is a start, but those games probably won't be competitive either.

BobDole
12-08-2009, 10:55 PM
charlie strong is about to be named the louisville head coach. fugg.

JCane
12-09-2009, 12:03 AM
charlie strong is about to be named the louisville head coach. fugg.

:hi5:

Here's an idea for a defensive coordinator replacement...

Randy Shannon

TedSlimmJr
12-09-2009, 12:12 AM
:hi5:

Here's an idea for a defensive coordinator replacement...

Randy Shannon

They better outbid Georgia :lol:

JCane
12-09-2009, 12:21 AM
They better outbid Georgia :lol:

I don't know what I would do if one University outbid another for garbage *** Randy Shannon.

:lol:

CedarPhin
12-09-2009, 12:30 AM
I remember last year there were a few people who thought Willie Martinez would have been a good fit as UM's DC.

JCane
12-09-2009, 12:43 AM
I remember last year there were a few people who thought Willie Martinez would have been a good fit as UM's DC.

Awwww hell naw. I'm sure myself and many others would have refused further donations to the school had that **** actually went down.

CedarPhin
12-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Yeah, it wasn't you or anything, but I remember reading that we were interested, and that on several forums there were people saying it would be a good hire.

JCane
12-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Yeah I remember reading that stuff as well and flipping the hell out over it. Then again I wasn't exactly estatic over the John Lovett hire but after the hire it was clear that Shannon would be the ochestrator of the defense and that John Lovett was actually John Puppet.

BobDole
12-09-2009, 09:58 AM
i'm just hoping heads aren't up ***** and a better hire than addazio will be made. strong is leaving some HUGE shoes to fill - best D coordinator in college football IMO.

the coordinators on both sides of the ball will largely dictate how the gators perform next year. addazio needs to be fired after the bowl game, plain and simple. and strong ... that just sucks that he's leaving for louisville.

Dolfan3773
12-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Is Aaron Hernandez going pro? I don't like the Gators but from what I've seen, this kid looks pretty solid.

BobDole
12-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Is Aaron Hernandez going pro? I don't like the Gators but from what I've seen, this kid looks pretty solid.

he hasn't said one way or the other but i don't see any chance of him staying. most - if not all - of the juniors will be leaving us this year. no real reason for him to stay - he's the second best TE in the draft - won't be able to get his stock much higher than that.

RustyGator
12-10-2009, 08:10 AM
In even more ridiculous news on this front, there are rumors that the Gatornaughts (both Pounceys, Ahmad Black, and Chris Rainey) might go into draft. While both Pounceys will be solid NFL players, it would be a BIG mistake for Black and Rainey to go pro. Both will most likely not get drafted this year. Ahmad Black's dad is being a douche and essentially making the decision for his son and complaining about his playing time (there's a reason for it pops...better athletes at that position).

The Offense will be absolutely stacked next year. While I HATE Addazio's playcalling this year and think it's what cost us uniformity on offense and essentially the SEC Championship game, I think his play calling style will fit Brantley better. RBs are ridiculously stacked: Demps, Rainey, Moody, Gileslee, and Mack-daddy. Brantley also has a great report with Hines and Hammond and will also get Debose back.

The team, however, will be completely flipped with the Defense being the big Question Mark. Instead of 13-3 games, we could be seeing 32-24 games. I guess we'll see.

Hernandez is an outstanding TE and I think it's ridiculous that McShay has him as #4 TE...McShay is a idiot. Obviously Gresham is #1. If I were Hernandez, I would bolt. We have a highly ranked TE coming in next year, so hopefully we'll be ok. Plus, Urban's system actually doesn't normally incorporate too much at the TE position. It's just that Hernandez was so freakin good that Urban had no choice but to incorporate him!

TedSlimmJr
12-10-2009, 09:13 AM
In even more ridiculous news on this front, there are rumors that the Gatornaughts (both Pounceys, Ahmad Black, and Chris Rainey) might go into draft. While both Pounceys will be solid NFL players, it would be a BIG mistake for Black and Rainey to go pro. Both will most likely not get drafted this year. Ahmad Black's dad is being a douche and essentially making the decision for his son and complaining about his playing time (there's a reason for it pops...better athletes at that position).

The Offense will be absolutely stacked next year. While I HATE Addazio's playcalling this year and think it's what cost us uniformity on offense and essentially the SEC Championship game, I think his play calling style will fit Brantley better. RBs are ridiculously stacked: Demps, Rainey, Moody, Gileslee, and Mack-daddy. Brantley also has a great report with Hines and Hammond and will also get Debose back.

The team, however, will be completely flipped with the Defense being the big Question Mark. Instead of 13-3 games, we could be seeing 32-24 games. I guess we'll see.

Hernandez is an outstanding TE and I think it's ridiculous that McShay has him as #4 TE...McShay is a idiot. Obviously Gresham is #1. If I were Hernandez, I would bolt. We have a highly ranked TE coming in next year, so hopefully we'll be ok. Plus, Urban's system actually doesn't normally incorporate too much at the TE position. It's just that Hernandez was so freakin good that Urban had no choice but to incorporate him!

I'll follow along with you that it's pretty stupid for Rainey to enter the draft....and that getting players like Will Hill on the field is one of the main reasons Florida went to the 3-3-5...

But I don't buy that Addazio's playcalling cost you crocs the SECCG.....Urban and Addazio knew that they couldn't run the ball on Bama.....wasn't gonna happen....not with Demps...not with Rainey...not with Tebow....not with Hernandez....

Instead, they put the game on the shoulders of that He15man Trophy winning....National Championship winning......"superman" that walks on water they have at quarterback....

Problem was....by the time he got through triple clutching the football trying to read Bama's defense.....he was smoked......

Nick Saban and Bama's defense took the "system" out of the equation and forced Tebow to play quarterback......the defensive line kept contain on him on their pass rush and forced him to stay in the pocket and read the coverage...

When they tried that inside shovel pass to Hernandez on their first drive and it didn't work because Saban had Anders shadowing Hernandez.....Meyer knew they were in for a bad day....

RustyGator
12-10-2009, 02:51 PM
It's funny that you don't agree with me that Addazio cost UF the SEC Championship, yet you point out so many of the flaws in Addazio's game plan that cost UF the SEC Championship. First play of the game, a shovel pass? Really? That play was wayyyy over used this year. Putting the entire offense on Tebow's shoulders? Why? Since when, this year, has Tebow shown that he can handle it? UF has one of the best tri-tandem of RBs in the entire nation and how many times did they run the ball? 3 times? I just don't get it.

Of course, I can't blame Addazio for all the dropped passes. The game went down hill after Demps dropped a sure-fire first down (right in both hands) on the first drive.

Addazio has been crap all year. It's funny...because he's such a great OL coach, yet he gets the added responsibility this year of the entire offense and now the worst 2 parts of the team is the OL and the offensive playcalling. He needs one or the other...and in my opinion, go back to just the OL. But like I've said before, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for one more year. I think Addazio's offense is geared more towards a pocket passer like Brantley. So we'll see how it goes.

BobDole
12-11-2009, 01:20 AM
i'm sincerely hoping black doesn't leave. if he stays him and hill are still a hell of a tandem. losing wright and black will hurt bad. i don't know if the defense can withstand losing almost the entire starting unit and the DC. if strong had stayed i wouldn't have worried - but without him i'm not so sure - especially since our last coordinator hire was fugging addazio.

CedarPhin
12-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Didn't you guys lose your WR coach too?

BobDole
12-11-2009, 01:30 AM
LSU snagged him from us. don't really know the logic behind that one - he left us for the same job at LSU. haven't looked into that one just yet.

CedarPhin
12-11-2009, 01:31 AM
Kind of a strange move.

BobDole
12-11-2009, 01:44 AM
my thoughts exactly. i'm assuming LSU offered him an extremely generous contract - but i'm not sure. not a huge loss for us though - strong hurt much worse.

CedarPhin
12-11-2009, 01:48 AM
Definitely. You guys had a good D these last few years. Was a great hire for Louisville.

RustyGator
12-11-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm not so sure that Gonzales wasn't run out. Rumors are, UF has already replaced him this morning. That's REALLY, really fast. I'm guessing Urban has been pushing him all year, since the WRs have been so horrible, and he didn't get the job done. This is all speculation on my part of course.

BobDole
12-13-2009, 02:05 AM
if we do lose black at least the top 2 safety recruits in the country have already committed to us in dowling and dorsey - so at least we still have that going for us.

how in the hell is FSU getting these badass recruits? pisses me off.

BobDole
12-21-2009, 08:58 PM
james is going to miss the sugar bowl b/c of foot surgery. it's not a huge loss - although he does lead the team in total yards - but it's a shame that his last game as a gator was the gang rape in atlanta. i never liked him running the ball but he was a hell of a return guy. due to his size he'll probably never see the field in the NFL. too bad.

Namor
12-22-2009, 01:17 AM
james is going to miss the sugar bowl b/c of foot surgery. it's not a huge loss - although he does lead the team in total yards - but it's a shame that his last game as a gator was the gang rape in atlanta. i never liked him running the ball but he was a hell of a return guy. due to his size he'll probably never see the field in the NFL. too bad.

Don't fret to bad Bob..It was just our year this year.
I got a feeling people need to get used to seeing
Bama vs Fla.in the SECCG for several more years in
a row.
Heck,we've already played each other more than any
other teams in the big game.
We need a few more to even out the series.

TedSlimmJr
12-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Don't fret to bad Bob..It was just our year this year.
I got a feeling people need to get used to seeing
Bama vs Fla.in the SECCG for several more years in
a row.
Heck,we've already played each other more than any
other teams in the big game.
We need a few more to even out the series.

I believe we have the crocs coming to Titletown next year dont we?

Yep just checked....Oct. 2nd...

RustyGator
12-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Isn't Titletown Valdosta, GA?

Namor
12-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Isn't Titletown Valdosta, GA?

Only if there has been 12 nat'l championships there.

Durango_95
12-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Well then, Titletown must be Princeton, NJ. They have 28.

TedSlimmJr
12-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Jersey or Georgia are both suitable destinations to smack the crocs around some more.....either is fine...:lol:

RustyGator
12-24-2009, 10:12 AM
I was just joking about the ridiculousness of the online poll ESPN did last year: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/titletown/index

And not to start any fights ;) but Bama's 12 championships is more like 8 from what I've heard (of course I wasn't around back then).

Oraclepz
12-31-2009, 04:55 PM
you guys just lost Matt Elam ( your top Recruit) to Florida St.

BobDole
12-31-2009, 04:56 PM
yeah ... we know. thanks guy.

COphinphan89
01-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Talk about going out with a BANG!

mmitro55
01-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Everyone here in Ohio knew the outcome of this game once we knew who UC was playing. No excuses for them, but I feel that their old coach leaving for Notre Dame and not finishing the season as he should have, messed their game up a bit. I am not saying that they would have won, but they may have put up a few more points and looked a tad bit more respectable.

X-Pacolypse
01-02-2010, 11:45 AM
That game last night reminded me of Georgia vs. Hawaii.

Awsi Dooger
01-03-2010, 03:01 AM
That game last night reminded me of Georgia vs. Hawaii.

Not coincidentally. They were the only two BCS games with a team that refuses to run the football. Hawaii was 118th out of 119 teams in average rushes per game in 2007, Cincinnati was 116 out of 120 this season.

I looked at that stat all week. When you don't run the ball and are already outmanned, it's asking for a disaster.

I've bet on the Gators often but this game was one of the few times in my life I've actually rooted for them. I was disgusted they didn't score in the final minute to hang 58. Pass happy finesse teams deserve to be brutalized; defined and embarrassed by the outcome for a decade or more.

BobDole
01-06-2010, 02:31 AM
nice send off for tebow. still question marks on the next level - but that performance will raise a few eyebrows.

anyone catch the under armour game? we got a few new recruits there. one was that kid easley - who absolutely dominated that game. i've never been as impressed from a performance in that game as i was him. the best players in that game were easley, dorsey, and dowling - all future gators - so that's always nice. we're gonna need all the help we can get on D next year. offense won't be an issue.

JCane
01-07-2010, 01:24 AM
Rumors are swirling that Matt Elam might swing back to the Gators. For once, I hope the Gators pull out a win here. The thought of Greg Reid and Matt Elam in the same secondary scares diarrhea out of me. Right now, Jacory Harris is hot garbage and until he learns a few things about not being a world beater, I'd rather not have to face what could very well be the next Sean Taylor/Ed Reed duo.

COphinphan89
01-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Rumors are swirling that Matt Elam might swing back to the Gators. For once, I hope the Gators pull out a win here. The thought of Greg Reid and Matt Elam in the same secondary scares diarrhea out of me. Right now, Jacory Harris is hot garbage and until he learns a few things about not being a world beater, I'd rather not have to face what could very well be the next Sean Taylor/Ed Reed duo.
Good call.

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/10318/elam-decommits-from-fsu/

Says that Florida and Georgia are now the front-runners.

JCane
01-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Good call.

http://recruiting.blogs.gatorsports.com/10318/elam-decommits-from-fsu/

Says that Florida and Georgia are now the front-runners.

;)

JCane
01-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Rumor also has it that Eddie Gran will join Tmmy Tuberville at Texas Tech shortly after National Signing Day in February.

I find this one just a little more difficult to make sense of since Gran just left Tennessee not to long ago to join Florda State. But I'm hearing this Tuberville to Texas Tech is a done deal. Obviously this is a stepping stone job for Tuberville if he takes it but I think he simply wants to get back out there to keep his name hot.

BobDole
01-09-2010, 01:02 AM
interesting. would love to have elam back.

COphinphan89
01-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Elam is back. And the Gators cleaned house at the Army All-American game today. Great day.

JCane
01-12-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm hearing some very disturbing things coming out of Gainesville. We're about to find out the real reason Urban Meyer suddenly walked away...

RustyGator
01-12-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm hearing some very disturbing things coming out of Gainesville. We're about to find out the real reason Urban Meyer suddenly walked away...

What do you mean? What kind of speculation do you have?

RustyGator
01-12-2010, 03:00 PM
You talking about the Bob Stoops controversy? I don't believe it, personally...but who knows.

Namor
01-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Meyer to USC!!!!

Just kidding...LOL

chrisbaucom
01-12-2010, 03:12 PM
I always thought there was more to this story.

It would be funny to see Meyer take another job.

RustyGator
01-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Meyer isn't going anywhere (funny joke about USC though, lol). The ONLY thing this "story" is about is why Urban decided to come back as coach. Notice the " " around story. I believe this "story" is alleging that Jeremy Foley lied to Urban and told him Bob Stoops was going to board a plane to Gainesville to take over the job. All lies to make the program, Urban, and Foley look bad.