PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Spikes

scottieUK
09-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Guys we get very little college ball over this side of the pond. I`ve read quite a bit about Brandon Spikes in recent weeks. I read he is one of the best, if not the best, middle linebackers due to hit the draft in April.

What do you guys think of him and is he a player that BP and co may be keeping an eye on? Middle linebackers tend to go mid round 1 at best, so there is every chance Miami may get a shot at him.

BobDole
09-06-2009, 11:09 AM
my favorite player in all of college football. mcclain is the only one who *might* be better than him. he'll probably be an early first rounder though. if he falls in our lap next draft day, i'll eat a baby if we don't take him.

Romy148
09-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Spikes and Crowder both from UF that could be special!

scottieUK
09-06-2009, 11:14 AM
So he`s good then? We only get a few games each week here so I`ll keep an eye out for a Gators game. I really would like a middle linebacker in the draft.

SRM
09-06-2009, 11:18 AM
So he`s good then? We only get a few games each week here so I`ll keep an eye out for a Gators game. I really would like a middle linebacker in the draft.

He is CRAZY. He can hit, he can cover, he can basically do everything you want a MLB to do.

BobDole
09-06-2009, 11:18 AM

best in all of college football. like i said, mcclain is the only one who might be better. but he's got hightower in there for help.

scottieUK
09-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Ok I found him!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J734kA0DISg

Man we gotta get him next April. Cool name too for a football player lol!

Ricky4Life
09-06-2009, 12:11 PM
I would be happy with Spikes or McClain. Both I think will be very good LBers in the NFL.

Valandui
09-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Scott Wright's first mock has him falling to the Patsies at 32. I call BS.

Elliott 1
09-08-2009, 10:07 PM
I think the Dolphins will end up taking a DT with their 1st pick and perhaps end up trading up and getting Pawelek in the 2nd round.

If Pawelek has another great year and runs a sub 4.7 at the combine he may go in the 1st round.

I would like to see him dominate again and run a about a 4.71 and be available in the 2nd or 3rd round.

rev kev
09-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Good selection right there

mnofdichotomy
09-09-2009, 10:27 PM
linebackers in the first round are usually busts.

Finsfan79
09-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Spikes and Crowder both from UF that could be special!

hmm with both graduating from UF, should I assume you mean short bus special? :rimshot:

Spikes though honestly is a beast of course he has alot of talent around him too.

I rather have mcclain instead

Greatness920
09-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Patrick Willis??? a busttt ur out of ur mindd hes a first rounder i go to UF so i might be bias but i swear Spikes is in on almost every tackle and he caan cover tight ends!! lol imagine that.. he is a true leader for the Gators and in person the man is a beast.. see him all the time on campus

Farmer
09-29-2009, 07:41 AM
best in all of college football. like i said, mcclain is the only one who might be better. but he's got hightower in there for help.

Not anymore. I'm a huge bama fan. we'll be finding out what McClain has with hightower out. Of course, there are still a few other superstars on that defense.

I love both MLBs too. This is a great draft for Ss, MLBs and DTs IMO

BobDole
09-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Not anymore. I'm a huge bama fan. we'll be finding out what McClain has with hightower out. Of course, there are still a few other superstars on that defense.

I love both MLBs too. This is a great draft for Ss, MLBs and DTs IMO

that hurts you guys. hightower is a stud. guess we'll see how mcclain does - i wouldn't be worried though - dude is a freak. either him or spikes would be great.

agreed on all those positions being deep next draft. good defensive draft all around next year. if a few QB's declare - that position will be deep as well. gotta look forward to something, right? :lol:

miami71
10-26-2009, 02:44 PM
McClain is heads and shoulders above Spikes! Yea! Spikes and Crowder are you joking? Crowder is a below average linebacker with a big mouth. Spikes looks very similar to Crowder when he was at UF. McClain may be the best player in college football. If we have to, trade up and get this stud!!!! Please no more UF backers!!!

ChadHenne
10-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Brandon Spikes is a playmaker. Key word when you describe him.

dolfan91
10-26-2009, 04:45 PM
All of the draft sights have Spikes falling in the draft for 2 reasons; 1) he can't cover and 2) his foot speed .... with that being said, Rolando McClain has solidified his stock as a top 10-15 draft pick... he can is versatile enough to be able to play in any defense and any LB position ... but it's coverage ability as an ILB that separates him by a large margin over Spikes... McClain does it all, whereas Spikes is a good blitz-er and run stuffer... and nothing more ... if Miami picks in the top 8-12 picks, i wouldn't be surprised if he's a target for BP and CO.