PDA

View Full Version : Shawne Merriman chokes Tila 'Tequila'?

3Ply Stagliano
09-06-2009, 01:41 PM
My apologies if this is posted already. I tried looking for it and couldn't see it. Sorry also if it should really be in a different forum. I thought it kind of applied here as Merriman may end up missing games because of it (if it's proven to be true).

According to Fox, Shawne Merriman has been accused of choking Tila 'Tequila' Nguyen. Blimey! There may be no truth in it but have a look at the following link for their (brief) story:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10030224/Report:-Cops-say-Merriman-choked-Tila-Tequila

If it turns out to be true, the Chargers will be less than happy. Actually, they'll be less than happy anyway but at least it won't get Merriman suspended if nothing comes of it.

DolfanDaveInATX
09-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Actually, he was arrested and charged with battery and false imprisonment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4450962

Not sure whether he's back juicing again or if he figured that preseason provided a justification for him to go "lights out" on lesser competition.

garcia420
09-06-2009, 03:30 PM
how stupid are these guys? i mean really.... and everyone ******* about ricky smoking weed, btw, its legal in some states.

Gonzo
09-06-2009, 04:18 PM
how stupid are these guys? i mean really.... and everyone ******* about ricky smoking weed, btw, its legal in some states.Some people will make the comparisons to Ricky. Those people are retarded, though not as retarded as merriman.

DKphin
09-06-2009, 06:38 PM
The AFC just got a whole lot easier to navigate

SAN DIEGO (AP)—San Diego Chargers (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/sdg/;_ylt=Aj0F8IPXBhoBBiuDxaidZnYdsLYF) star outside linebacker Shawne Merriman (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7188/;_ylt=Ags30eS_5Y15seuQsgvMASUdsLYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7188/news;_ylt=AqulCbIAql4X2q0K1sTxFJYdsLYF) was arrested Sunday and accused of choking and restraining his girlfriend, reality TV star Tila Tequila, as she tried to leave his suburban home.
Tequila, 27, signed a citizen’s arrest warrant, charging Merriman with battery and false imprisonment, San Diego County Sheriff’s Lt. Gary Steadman said.
Deputies responded about 3:45 a.m. to Merriman’s house in Poway, north of San Diego, after a woman called to say she was choked by the player and thrown to the ground when she tried to leave, Sheriff’s Department spokesman Jan Caldwell said at a news conference.
Merriman, 25, was taken into custody and booked into the central jail at about 8:30 a.m. He was released shortly after 11 a.m. Caldwell said she didn’t know if he posted bail or was released on his own recognizance.

Tequila was taken to a hospital. Her condition was not immediately available.
Tequila, whose real name is Tila Nguyen, is best known for “A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila,” which ran for two seasons on MTV. The bisexual dating show featured men and women vying for Tequila’s affections. She has also modeled for Playboy and other men’s magazines.
Scott E. Leemon, an attorney for Tequila, said in a statement that neither she nor her representatives would comment publicly on the incident.
Merriman’s agent, Tom Condon, said he hadn’t heard about the arrest when contacted by The Associated Press.
Merriman was the 12th overall pick out of the University of Maryland in the 2005 draft, and had 39 1/2 sacks in his first three seasons. The three-time Pro Bowl selection was getting back into shape after missing nearly all of last season following knee surgery.
The Chargers, picked by some as Super Bowl favorites, open the regular season a week from Monday night at Oakland. Players had been off since after Friday night’s exhibition finale against San Francisco. They are due back at practice on Monday.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-merrimanarrested&prov=ap&type=lgns

phinphan4life
09-06-2009, 06:43 PM
What a moron. I'd much rather beat San Diego at their best.

dreday
09-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Thread title would have been better if it was titled 'Merriman Choked A *****'

dreday
09-06-2009, 07:01 PM
All the fine dymes he could have and it had to be Tequila huh?What doesn't make sense usually happens...Maybe she admitted to giving him herpes...

The NFL"Where Stupidity Happens.

normaldude
09-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Innocent until proven guilty.

dreday
09-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Normally I would agree,but this here is roid rage undoubtedly.

Gonzo
09-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Innocent until proven guilty.When it comes to the law, indeed. Unfortunately for Merriman and other stars, when they put themselves in these situations, they are proven guilty of being jackasses and punished through public scrutiny. They're in the public eye. Don't like it? Choose a different profession.

utahphinsfan
09-06-2009, 09:39 PM
I thought Merriman just had bad taste in hairdos.

I love how they listed Tila's occupation as "TV personality". Shame they did not have the guts to list how she initially gained notoriety.

SpaceMountain16
09-06-2009, 10:42 PM
I guess he tried to show her LIGHTS OUT.

Clipse
09-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Roid Rage :foundout:

Possum
09-07-2009, 02:13 AM
guess she'll start dating women again.

BARF
09-07-2009, 02:49 AM
looks like he did his sack dance on her and it lead to choking her

Noodle Arm
09-07-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm surprised. She seems like the sort of girl who would be turned on by that sort of thing.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

SpurzN703
09-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Why would you ever date that ho-bag?

Vaark
09-07-2009, 11:41 AM
Did they report specifically what he used to choke her with?

Gonzo
09-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Did they report specifically what he was choking her with?
There was probably too much douche in one room sucking up all the oxygen.

dreday
09-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Now Rihanna will come sniffing around him real soon,she likes this sort of thing…maybe he can make her forehead a normal size again..

normaldude
09-07-2009, 02:12 PM
Chargers LB says he didn't harm reality TV star

AP

2 hrs 42 mins ago

SAN DIEGO – San Diego Chargers star outside linebacker Shawne Merriman says he didn't harm a reality TV star who has accused him of choking and restraining her.

Merriman says in a statement late Sunday that he was worried for the safety of Tila Tequila because she appeared to be intoxicated and he didn't want her to drive.

He also says paramedics who were called to his home in Poway, north of San Diego, reported no injuries to Tequila, best known for "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila," which ran for two seasons on MTV.

San Diego County Sheriff's Lt. Gary Steadman says Merriman was arrested early Sunday when the 27-year-old Tequila signed a citizen's arrest warrant charging him with battery and false imprisonment. Both are felonies.

Merriman says the allegations are false.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090907/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_merriman_arrested_12

normaldude
09-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Nightclub owner: Tila Tequila lying about not drinking on Saturday
Sep 07, 2009

The owner of the nightclub where Shawne Merriman spent time with TV personality Tila Tequila on Saturday has refuted her claim that she was not drinking prior to the arrest of the Chargers lineback Sunday morning.

Tequila said on Twitter that she was allergic to alcohol and is unable to drink.

James Brennan, the owner of the Stingaree nightclub, said several of his employees told him she drank several shots of tequila and sipped a bottle of vodka.

"She wasn't like falling down or anything of that nature, but she was visibly intoxicated," Brennan told the AP.

"It sounds like she's allergic to the truth."

Merriman has denied assaulting Tequila and said he was trying to help her get home safely before police arrested him on Sunday.

He practiced with the Chargers on Monday and reiterated his innocence afterward.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/09/nightclub-owner-tila-tequila-lying-about-not-drinking-on-saturday/1

Gonzo
09-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Doesn't change a single thing I said. He knew exactly what he was dating and remains guilty of being a jackass, even if it turns out he didn't choke her.

Possum
09-08-2009, 12:28 AM
that would suck if i was allergic to alcohol.

normaldude
09-08-2009, 12:34 AM
Doesn't change a single thing I said. He knew exactly what he was dating and remains guilty of being a jackass, even if it turns out he didn't choke her.

The jackasses are the people who automatically believe a woman's flimsy accusations, despite a lack of evidence.

MP-Omnis
09-08-2009, 01:01 AM
If she has asian flush it's possible that she's using that as evidence of being choked.

72champagne
09-08-2009, 02:36 AM
let o.j. out so he can find the real choker.

Vertical Limit
09-08-2009, 03:33 AM
Tila "Tequila" is allergic to alcohol? :lol:

Gonzo
09-08-2009, 06:26 AM
The jackasses are the people who automatically believe a woman's flimsy accusations, despite a lack of evidence.So the cops are jackasses? You're pretty upset about this. Are you related to him or something? If so, could you tell him he's a douche. He put himself in this situation by dating a well known hollywood crazy/former gang member/penthouse pet. Great decision for an apparent choir boy.

normaldude
09-08-2009, 11:29 AM
So the cops are jackasses?

The cops didn't have a choice.

..Because of the citizen's arrest, deputies were obligated to take Merriman into custody..

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/kswb-shawne-merriman-arrest,0,7492197.story

Gonzo
09-08-2009, 01:49 PM
The cops didn't have a choice.

..Because of the citizen's arrest, deputies were obligated to take Merriman into custody..

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/kswb-shawne-merriman-arrest,0,7492197.storyAgain, doesn't change a single thing I said. He remains a jackass, even if he didn't do it, he just won't spend any time in prison for his jackassery because it's not illegal. If I date a known cracked out hooker, I am partially responsible for the inevitable problems that occur. Tell your boy Merriman that I'm sorry, but he's still a jackass and a roided out douche.

3Ply Stagliano
09-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Tila "Tequila" is allergic to alcohol? :lol:
So she says. She and her brother, Jimmy Lactose, have terribly unsuitable names.

FinsNCanes
09-08-2009, 08:20 PM
What makes you think Tila Tequila is so credible? He probably did "choke" her. He said he did try to restrain her because she was drunk, which probably means obliterated and was acting obnoxious. We've all seen it..who hasn't want to choke someone? I don't think he did, but I believe he did restrain her with obviously some physicality. I see no issue. She should contact one of her 2 million Myspace friends or something. Why is she famous again? He shoulda let her drive into a wall IMO.

3Ply Stagliano
09-09-2009, 08:41 AM
What makes you think Tila Tequila is so credible?
I don't think I've read a single comment where anyone has suggested Tila 'Tequila' is credible. Most of the people who are writing with any kind of vague assumption Merriman did choke her seem to be doing so for the sake of a cheap gag.

BAMAPHIN 22
09-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Tila Tequila's lawyer blasts Shawne Merriman's denials

Tila Tequila's attorney on Tuesday called San Diego Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman's explanation of an altercation with the reality star that led to his arrest "spin" and predicted it would be discredited.

Attorney Alan S. Gutman said in a statement that Merriman's public comments that he was trying to protect Tequila, who he thought was drunk, amount to another attack on his client.

"Shawne Merriman and his advisors have decided that the best defense is a good offense, attacking Tila Tequila in the press with a lot of calculated spin to cover up his illegal and indefensible actions," Gutman's statement read.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-tila-tequila-shawne-merriman-09,0,1138625.story

NYinBostonFin
09-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Tila Tequila's lawyer blasts Shawne Merriman's denials

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-tila-tequila-shawne-merriman-09,0,1138625.story

You mean she won't continue to defend herself on twitter?

She's a fame whore....hope this story goes away soon. I'm also no fan of Merriman or SD, but I really don't believe her.

FinsNCanes
09-09-2009, 06:35 PM
So I heard on TV that she chose the name Tequila because she doesn't drink alchohol and finds it ironic? Regardless that's retarded. If I knew I could pay my rent by being famous off Myspace and herpes...I might do it. I also read it was a citizens arrest. Now someone explain that one to me lol.

normaldude
09-12-2009, 02:24 AM
No charges will be filed against Charger linebacker Shawne Merriman

September 12, 2009

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-newswire12-2009sep12,0,2240809.story

Canadianfishfan
09-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Say good BYE to Tequila's career.

I wouldn't let her pet my dog.

Her show was even worse.

Punk!

SpurzN703
09-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Say good BYE to Tequila's career.

I wouldn't let her pet my dog.

Her show was even worse.

Punk!

She ain't going anywhere. In today's society, she'll probably become a hero to many.

Ricky4Life
09-12-2009, 02:27 PM
She ain't going anywhere. In today's society, she'll probably become a hero to many.

Exactly, MTV will probably give her another show.

dreday
09-12-2009, 03:59 PM
SO CLEARLY it looks like he grabbed her really hard on her arms to restrain her. His story sticks. She was acting a fool and he was holding her back from drinking and driving.

Im mad he didn't do more to her dumb ***. Driving drunk is stupid-how dare she try and put other ppls lives in danger??? ……She could have killed someone!

FinsNCanes
09-12-2009, 07:32 PM
She was probably told by her PR to pull a stunt you know because she's pretty unknown more or less outside that litte year or 2 stint she had when she was "popular". If I was Merriman (and if really possible) I'd figure out a way to sue her *** for damaging credibility or whatever BS stuff they come up with today. "I'm sueing you because you said my kid was fat and it damaged his mental stability. I wish to be awarded 2 milllion dollars to help him overcome this". It's all sad.