PDA

View Full Version : Nearly 25% Of Brits Think Churchill Was A Myth

GoonBoss
09-07-2009, 10:32 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/02/04/2153628.htm?section=world

Britons are losing their grip on reality, according to a poll which shows nearly a quarter think Winston Churchill was a myth, while the majority reckon Sherlock Holmes was real.
The survey found that 47 per cent thought the 12th Century English King Richard the Lionheart was a myth.
And 23 per cent thought World War II prime minister Winston Churchill was made up.
The same percentage thought Crimean War nurse Florence Nightingale did not actually exist.

:crazy: Makes me feel slightly better about the US.

Bumpus
09-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Yep, it's good to know we're not the only country with morons.

Possum
09-07-2009, 11:32 PM
I dont know about us. We think the moon landing was staged, 50,000 people think jedi is a religion, and im not going to even get into jfk.

Noodle Arm
09-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Yep, it's good to know we're not the only country with morons.

My job requires me to deal with people from all over this planet, and I have realized (sadly)that the majority of the human race is made up of complete imbeciles. It's frightening and amazing that we've managed to get this far. So hug every nerd you encounter, because they are what's keeping this planet going.

GoonBoss
09-08-2009, 12:17 AM
I dont know about us. We think the moon landing was staged, 50,000 people think jedi is a religion, and im not going to even get into jfk.But Churchill? Damn....that's like saying Roosevelt didn't exist. and nealy a quarter think so!

Gonzo
09-08-2009, 12:21 AM
But Churchill? Damn....that's like saying Roosevelt didn't exist. and nealy a quarter think so!
Do you have evidence that he did? Next you'll tell me there was no President Benjamin Franklin. sheesh

Ricky4Life
09-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Wow. What is the world comin to.......

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/9418732_gal-1.jpg

Possum
09-08-2009, 02:04 AM
But Churchill? Damn....that's like saying Roosevelt didn't exist. and nealy a quarter think so!
just wait, people here will think roosevelt was fake.

PhinzN703
09-08-2009, 11:02 AM
RDS is fake, I know this.

Kiick72
09-08-2009, 11:51 AM
That's really pretty shocking. Don't they teach history there. Everyone keeps saying education in this country is bad. Wow.

emeraldfin
09-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Maggie Thatcher was a myth also

Vaark
09-08-2009, 06:45 PM

With the unfettered widespread waves of immigration streaming into much of Western Europe, it's likely that there are now 2 generations of ethnic "Britons" who never heard of the Battle of Hastings, let alone the great Sir Winston nor are exposed to that type of educational curriculum.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."

"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

"I have never developed indigestion from eating my words."

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

"It is more agreeable to have the power to give than to receive."

"Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on. "

- - - Winston Churchill

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/churchill_roosevelt-1.jpg

Vaark
09-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Maggie Thatcher was a myth also

..but she looked more like a mythter