PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday Ticket and Super fan free!!!!!!

victacious
09-08-2009, 02:11 PM
I've been with Direct TV sINCE 1999....so today I just called and voiced my dis-pleasure with the consistant rising of the overall fee across the board. I told them some specficics about my account ....number of TV'S, HD, DVR, etc. AND SAID ENOUGH.....is ENOUGH. Just stop everything NOW, cut it off today.....they transfered me to three different people and I stood my gound like a man!!!! Finally, they lowered my bill by 25 dollars, HBO, Showtime, stars, cinemax, free for the year!!! They also asked was I a sports fan...:ponder: ( I kept my cool) and said yes, I watch football sometimes, " Mr. I want to offer you the sunday ticket since you are a valued customer, plus the super fan this year. I said thanks and made sure everything was in place....and got out of DODGE..:lol2::woot::serenades:

Swantoon
09-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Congrats and good work

23EmilioVasquez
09-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I've been with Direct TV sINCE 1999....so today I just called and voiced my dis-pleasure with the consistant rising of the overall fee across the board. I told them some specficics about my account ....number of TV'S, HD, DVR, etc. AND SAID ENOUGH.....is ENOUGH. Just stop everything NOW, cut it off today.....they transfered me to three different people and I stood my gound like a man!!!! Finally, they lowered my bill by 25 dollars, HBO, Showtime, stars, cinemax, free for the year!!! They also asked was I a sports fan...:ponder: ( I kept my cool) and said yes, I watch football sometimes, " Mr. I want to offer you the sunday ticket since you are a valued customer, plus the super fan this year. I said thanks and made sure everything was in place....and got out of DODGE..:lol2::woot::serenades:

dude that's awesome

I just got Direct TV and it is already pissing me off

JRRYDAH21
09-08-2009, 03:06 PM
ive had directv for 5 years now....they wanted to charge me about $275 for the nfl ticket...i told them if i couldnt get a better price i would cancel everythin so they brought it down to $150 and i was cool wit that...jus got to keep botherin them they will give u a better price

SabanHater
09-08-2009, 03:42 PM
thanks.... I'm on the phone now complaining about everything.

Atila
09-08-2009, 04:22 PM
haha^

Swantoon
09-08-2009, 04:24 PM
I used to do customer service for DirecTV and it is definitely true. Complain and threaten to disconnect your service and they will transfer you to the customer retention group and they will give you just about anything to stay with DTV.

PhinSoldia
09-08-2009, 08:34 PM
dude that's awesome

I just got Direct TV and it is already pissing me off

whats going on..maybe i can advise u

PhinSoldia
09-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I used to do customer service for DirecTV and it is definitely true. Complain and threaten to disconnect your service and they will transfer you to the customer retention group and they will give you just about anything to stay with DTV.

incorrect...i work for them now and we are definately more selective...its not "the good old days"

and i work RETENTION by the way

PhinSoldia
09-08-2009, 08:37 PM

you were lied to....NFL free is do-able...but the bill down to 25 outside of having the family package and all the premiums free for a year...you were flat out lied to...

dolfan94
09-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Had DTV for 6 years. But in Weston, you have to pay for cable whether you use it or not. So we cut it off like 6 months ago and its great. DTV had cut out a bunch of channels from us towards the end. We were paying $60/month and were getting the most basic plan. No movies, no extra channels, no nothing.

Advanced Cable is great, except in days like yesterday when the internet and cable went down for like 6 hours because of lightning in the area which destroyed their whatever they have the satelites at

EvilDylan
09-08-2009, 09:25 PM
I got all the premium channels, nfl sunday ticket, and my DVR fee waived for the next 5 months for an additional 6 dollars a month. I've had DTV for about 3 years, and they just called me and made me that offer. I didn't have any premium channels previously.

WeVie
09-08-2009, 10:25 PM
you were lied to....NFL free is do-able...but the bill down to 25 outside of having the family package and all the premiums free for a year...you were flat out lied to...

So you work for them huh?

You should post for us what it takes to get what for free. Or what you need to say to get what for free.

I at least every three months to see what I can get for free. I almost always have at least two movie channels for free. The gave me $120 off of Sunday Ticket this year as well as free Starz and Showtime for six months.

I got two free HD DVRs out of them in the past. Not at the same time though. Free RF remote, free off air antenea, free big 5 lnb dish.......

uga3406
09-10-2009, 06:58 PM
I was thinking about getting it and am not sure how much it would to get