PDA

View Full Version : Donald Thomas (Madden related)

mandal24
09-12-2009, 09:31 AM
In the first roster that released Donald Thomas's overall rating was a 67 I believe. In the latest roster, his roster skyrocketted to 85 overall! That's higher than Jake Grove and I think Justin Smiley. Good to know he's getting some respect.

Chainsaw
09-12-2009, 09:36 AM
It should be. He is better than both of those guys. But, I guess that means that game does it's homework then.

dolphinsbshaw72
09-12-2009, 09:47 AM
yeah but they still gave the jets a better overall rating then us by like i point.. that bullgrap.. but atleast they are giving us alittle love

NBP81
09-12-2009, 09:49 AM
I guess they just trew the new rating system out the window. Did every player take a similar leap?

JRRYDAH21
09-12-2009, 10:24 AM
the dolphins have a pretty good line in madden hopefully that will translate to the field on sunday

JBinSD
09-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Actually they didn't throw the rating system out the window...

Sean Smith jumped from a 75 to a 79, moving into the starting spot opposite Will Allen, who has an 81. I think Sean's catching ability went up, and speed went from 87 to 89.

Vontae Davis went from a 77 to a 75, and moved into the slot.

Patrick Turner dropped from a 67 to a 65. He is still a great option in the slot, because he matches up well against linebackers. He doesn't get great YAC, but catches what you throw at him on slants and in-routes.

Furthermore, Donald Thomas' jump surprised the crap out of me. He was a 67 and went to an 85, like the original post said. That is the biggest jump I've ever seen in an update, EVER. And Grove is an 81 I think and Smiley an 84. Carey an 86, Long a 91.

DzakkH13
09-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I saw that too. Seems I can run the ball better now. I'm happy about his new rating.

JepheryRoss
09-12-2009, 10:35 AM
I think our o-line has the potential for multiple pro bowl selections

JBinSD
09-12-2009, 10:40 AM
:rimshot:
Yeah, I saw that too. Seems I can run the ball better now. I'm happy about his new rating.

The move really impacts the Wildcat, with the unbalanced line on the right hand side. Featuring Grove, Thomas, Carey, then Long -- it makes for a steamroll on the Jet sweep or Power run.

If you sweep and wait for your tackles engage blocks, you can bust some long runs.

miami234ever
09-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Actually they didn't throw the rating system out the window...

Sean Smith jumped from a 75 to a 79, moving into the starting spot opposite Will Allen, who has an 81. I think Sean's catching ability went up, and speed went from 87 to 89.

Vontae Davis went from a 77 to a 75, and moved into the slot.

Patrick Turner dropped from a 67 to a 65. He is still a great option in the slot, because he matches up well against linebackers. He doesn't get great YAC, but catches what you throw at him on slants and in-routes.

Furthermore, Donald Thomas' jump surprised the crap out of me. He was a 67 and went to an 85, like the original post said. That is the biggest jump I've ever seen in an update, EVER. And Grove is an 81 I think and Smiley an 84. Carey an 86, Long a 91.

How about the front 7 on D? What do they look like now?

SRM
09-12-2009, 10:50 AM
How about the front 7 on D? What do they look like now?

Basically the same. Only Merling went up by one point, so he's a 70 now.

I'm really not sure how Ayodele didn't get bumped up.. he played very very good in preseason. I saw a different LB out there than I'm used to seeing..

steveo style
09-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Donals thomas wasn't even in my update when I got the game a week ago. How do you download the revised rosters, and can u do this in the middle of a franchise?

DearbornDolfan
09-12-2009, 11:21 AM
urthermore, Donald Thomas' jump surprised the crap out of me. He was a 67 and went to an 85, like the original post said. That is the biggest jump I've ever seen in an update, EVER. And Grove is an 81 I think and Smiley an 84. Carey an 86, Long a 91.

His rating was the result of him only playing a single game, but now that they've had a closer look they've got it right.

Ns2003
09-12-2009, 11:21 AM
to download the new rosters just enter an online game, or even easier click the online depth chart and it'll prompt you to DL the new stuff, then ask you if you wanna save it. Do so and then load offline to start the franchise!

chillwill3000
09-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Donals thomas wasn't even in my update when I got the game a week ago. How do you download the revised rosters, and can u do this in the middle of a franchise?

you can't update your team roster in the middle of a franchise season. you are stuck with what you started with, but once you download and save the new online roster, they will load and be updated for play now or online games.

sharp
09-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Yea very interesting that they made him so good. We actually got a good end of a deal on madden, very rare.

IronChef
09-12-2009, 12:20 PM
So did the roster update move Donald Thomas into the starting lineup? Or do you have to manually move him into the starting lineup?

Cobra84
09-12-2009, 01:27 PM
None of this really matters because you can replace Donald Thomas with Dan Carpenter and it wouldn't make a bit of a difference. The offensive line ratings mean absolutely nothing.

SQuinn17
09-12-2009, 01:31 PM
It should be. He is better than both of those guys. But, I guess that means that game does it's homework then.

based on????

mrodriguez4096
09-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Just a tid bit for anyone who doesn't know, I was one of them till recently, that when you go to play an online game and you have to pause it to make adjustments to your depth chart you can make these changes prior to playing anyone online. At least for PS3 just click on the depth chart option on the menu once you've clicked on ONLINE and update it how you like and then press L3, overwrite it and save that roster. And that's it, when you go online to play someone the updates you made will be ready for you right away. Hope this helps. Thanks guys.

kcbrown
09-12-2009, 02:36 PM
wow, Madden is different than when I used to play

SeanSmith24
09-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Wow i didnt know they had new rosters....first roster he was a 67 the second one he wasn't even in the game anymore it was just murphy at RG...is there a third roster release that happened the last few days????

In the first roster that released Donald Thomas's overall rating was a 67 I believe. In the latest roster, his roster skyrocketted to 85 overall! That's higher than Jake Grove and I think Justin Smiley. Good to know he's getting some respect.

JBinSD
09-12-2009, 03:20 PM
His rating was the result of him only playing a single game, but now that they've had a closer look they've got it right.

Absolutely. As a homer -- I was upset at first at 67. I wanted to start him, but I think even Murphy was rated higher.

JBinSD
09-12-2009, 03:23 PM
None of this really matters because you can replace Donald Thomas with Dan Carpenter and it wouldn't make a bit of a difference. The offensive line ratings mean absolutely nothing.

How can you say that?

I had problems in the past using the Dolphins and having even 2 seconds to throw the ball. Now I find myself throwing too soon because of my getting used to the crappy line.

I also see that when I try to make power / finesse moves with JT or Porter -- it is easier against lower rated tackles. And noticeably so. Coming around the edge on them is a lot easier.

The strength of Long off tackle is also significant. They engage the player for longer, and if you have a sub-par tackle there, they never get to the second level.

fgrocker
09-12-2009, 03:24 PM

What an ignorant comment. Have you ever played Madden?

JBinSD
09-12-2009, 03:45 PM
So did the roster update move Donald Thomas into the starting lineup? Or do you have to manually move him into the starting lineup?

They updated it consistent with the Dolphins depth chart... He is automatically starting.

Receivers are:

Ginn / Cam / Bess / Hartline / Turner

DBs are:

Allen / Smith / Davis / Allen / Jones

Cobra84
09-12-2009, 04:18 PM
What an ignorant comment. Have you ever played Madden?
Yes, I've played that unrealistic piece of crap. If Madden is a football simulation, then Call of Duty is a war simulation.

Madden 10 has a glitch were the kicker and punter replace the right guard and tackle and most people barely notice. The ratings aside from speed don't matter.

The offensive line in this Madden 10 video consists of a backup CB, Wes Welker, a TE, Joey Galloway, and a Punter and they dominate the DL and blitzing linebackers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DunWUIigyAY

JBinSD
09-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Yes, I've played that unrealistic piece of crap. If Madden is a football simulation, then Call of Duty is a war simulation.

Madden 10 has a glitch were the kicker and punter replace the right guard and tackle and most people barely notice. The ratings aside from speed don't matter.

The offensive line in this Madden 10 video consists of a backup CB, Wes Welker, a TE, Joey Galloway, and a Punter and they dominate the DL and blitzing linebackers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DunWUIigyAY

You just made a case for why in ALL MADDEN MODE -- the computer cheats.

Like someone said on the comments, the supposed "impossible" mode on any computer AI will cheat.

If you play online like most enthusiasts -- it's on ALL-PRO. You would like to think it notices some difference. You also have to factor in the users decision making and ability / play style.

Right?

cafinfan408
09-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Im kinda upset Langford is still rated so low but he still makes plays