PDA

View Full Version : Kid Cudi Fans!

rob19
09-13-2009, 06:35 PM
The Man on the Moon: The End of Day........ is so sick
:jawdrop:
It is literally like nothing you've ever heard before. I would recommend this to any hip-hop fan or anyone with an open mind that wants to hear some dope sounding ****..

His album has different acts that he uses to tell his story.. all these songs are intertwined and try and tell a story. He starts off at "The end of day" - (nightime) when your just putting your head down on the pillow. Then he starts facing his demons through his "Night Terrors".. while he then eventually learns to deal with or conquer those demons in act 3, and then the cd ends on an upbeat note in act 4, when everything is okay in the morning. ;)

ACT 1 - THE END OF DAY
1. In My Dreams (Cudder Anthem)
2. Soundtrack 2 My Life
3. Simple As…

ACT 2 - RISE OF THE NIGHT TERRORS
4. Solo Dolo (nightmare)
5. Heart of A Lion (KiD CuDi Theme Music)
6. My World Feat. Billy Cravens

ACT 3 - TAKING A TRIP
7. Day N Nite (nightmare)
8. Sky Might Fall
9. Enter Galactic (Love Connection Part 1)

ACT 4 - STUCK
10. Alive (nightmare) Feat. RATATAT
11. CuDi Zone
12. Make Her Say Feat. Kanye West & Common
13. Pursuit of Happiness (nightmare) Feat. MGMT & RATATAT

ACT 5 - A NEW BEGINNING
14. Hyyerr Feat. Chip Tha Rapper
15. Up Up & Away (The Wake & Bake Song)

Cudi interview talking about the album
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy39w97vOtM

Go buy it! :up:

or download it illegally!

Promise no one will regret it.

canesandbhoys
09-13-2009, 07:51 PM
I wasn't gonna make a thread on it, but since you did, I will certainly contribute!

This is a very impressive "first" album, even though his mixtape was almost an album in itself. It leaked a week ago, and it's basically been all i've listened to since. The first time through, I wasn't completely impressed; it gets better with every listen. Don't go into it with any expectations of a typical hip-hop album (or any other genre for that matter). In my opinion, it knocks some bigger releases like Jay-Z's Blueprint 3 and Raekwon's Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 out of the water.

That said, "Make Her Say" sounds very out of place in the flow of the album. "Day 'n' Nite" gets skipped sometimes just because I've heard it so many times. But even some of the older songs that made it onto the album have been updated and sound a lot better.

I'm gonna be hooked on "Cudi Zone" for a while... definitely one of my favorites. Every song has something to offer, though. However you get it, you should surely give it a listen. The whole album is up on Cudi's myspace (http://www.myspace.com/kidcudi) right now. You can pre-order it on Amazon: CD (http://www.amazon.com/Man-Moon-End-Kid-Cudi/dp/B002FOQXZK/ref=pd_sim_m_1/178-3743409-5749555) or Special Edition CD/DVD (http://www.amazon.com/Man-Moon-End-Kid-Cudi/dp/B002FOQY04/ref=pd_cp_m_1_img). And here's a code (http://datnewcudi.com/2009/09/09/motm-coupons-yah-we-got-those-too/#more-3366) to save you a few bucks on Amazon.

JT-forpresident
09-13-2009, 08:49 PM
At first i didn't came up impressed by the album but listening over and over there's some tracks who sound very good... kinda like kanye's latest album, at first i didn't like a whole lot of the tracks but right now it's my favorite hiphop album for 2009...

anyways, man on the moon, definitely worth the dowload errrrrr i mean the purchase ! ;)

rob19
09-13-2009, 09:57 PM
I wasn't gonna make a thread on it, but since you did, I will certainly contribute!

This is a very impressive "first" album, even though his mixtape was almost an album in itself. It leaked a week ago, and it's basically been all i've listened to since. The first time through, I wasn't completely impressed; it gets better with every listen. Don't go into it with any expectations of a typical hip-hop album (or any other genre for that matter). In my opinion, it knocks some bigger releases like Jay-Z's Blueprint 3 and Raekwon's Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 out of the water.

That said, "Make Her Say" sounds very out of place in the flow of the album. "Day 'n' Nite gets skipped sometimes just because I've heard it so many times. But even some of the older songs that made it onto the album have been updated and sound a lot better.

I'm gonna be hooked on "Cudi Zone" for a while... definitely one of my favorites. Every song has something to offer, though. However you get it, you should surely give it a listen. The whole album is up on Cudi's myspace (http://www.myspace.com/kidcudi) right now. You can pre-order it on Amazon: CD (http://www.amazon.com/Man-Moon-End-Kid-Cudi/dp/B002FOQXZK/ref=pd_sim_m_1/178-3743409-5749555) or Special Edition CD/DVD (http://www.amazon.com/Man-Moon-End-Kid-Cudi/dp/B002FOQY04/ref=pd_cp_m_1_img). And here's a code (http://datnewcudi.com/2009/09/09/motm-coupons-yah-we-got-those-too/#more-3366) to save you a few bucks on Amazon.

what he said ^^

It's not a typical rap album, like something you'd expect from Wayne, or Jay-Z like you said. Cudi said it best in his interviews, "it's literally like nothing you've ever heard before". And he delivered.. it's some dope sounding ****..

He says he's trying to bring together different genres but in a way that isn't just him trying to make a track with a band and rap on this rock beat just because it's a band... that's been done before.. a great example is Pursuit of Happiness featuring MGMT that, aside from being a very unique song all it's own as a different flow of rapping entirely by Cudi, but the beat is stupid good and it has an insane guitar solo in it.. I think you're gonna hear that track on the radio in a couple months..

Make Her Say definitly didn't really flow with the rest of the CD but Common narrates the album and Kanye produced it.. so you figure he's gotta give them one track, right? and a dope track it was.. common and kanye really riped that ****.. why they didn't make it flow more with the cd? i ono.. but it's still a dope track regardless.

I'm on that Enter Galactic tip right now :lol:.. that song's so dope.. Sound track 2 my life, Up Up & Away, My World... all of them are great tracks really, and all have something different to offer..

Slim
09-13-2009, 11:01 PM
Been listening to Cudi for a while now... Man on the moon is a classic! Has anyone heard 'embrace the martian'? Its up there on my list of fav tracks of his...

Layfield
09-14-2009, 01:38 AM
ha! ive been waiting for this album to drop legally before i cop it.. glad to hear that its sick though.. ive been impressed with all of the singles he has dropped so far so i have high hopes for his album

JT-forpresident
09-14-2009, 01:33 PM
d'you guys hear the song he made with david guetta %? awesome track... not really like the sounds of man on the moon, but definitely a bad *** track

memories - david guetta feat. kid cudi, check it out

dreday
09-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Hmmm,Ive listened to a few songs..I like what Ive heard.Guess I'll listen to the rest.

dreday
09-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Oh well,I'll have to withdraw my token of excellence from this album...I see where he was going with the album,but it was almost like he was trying too hard.Also not sure about his flow,it just seems annoying.

2 1/2 stars..

canesandbhoys
09-15-2009, 02:37 PM
I would disagree that he's trying to hard; but rather he has a lot to say and maybe he's trying to get it all out too quickly. His flow is a little abnormal, but so is the guy.

To be honest, it takes some experience with Cudi to understand what he is doing with this album. Having listened to everything I can of his so far, it makes perfect sense with where he is in his music and the story he is telling. If you are interested in getting a better understanding of it, I would suggest a run through his earlier work to get a feel for the guy from then to now. Plus, as it's been said by many who have heard the album, the first time through isn't necessarily as impressive. After a few listens, it can grow on you.

Slim
09-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Oh well,I'll have to withdraw my token of excellence from this album...I see where he was going with the album,but it was almost like he was trying too hard.Also not sure about his flow,it just seems annoying.

2 1/2 stars..

I agree with you... at first listen i loved the album but i'm really not very impressed after 3-4 listens.

dreday
09-15-2009, 03:47 PM
I would disagree that he's trying to hard; but rather he has a lot to say and maybe he's trying to get it all out too quickly. His flow is a little abnormal, but so is the guy.

To be honest, it takes some experience with Cudi to understand what he is doing with this album. Having listened to everything I can of his so far, it makes perfect sense with where he is in his music and the story he is telling. If you are interested in getting a better understanding of it, I would suggest a run through his earlier work to get a feel for the guy from then to now. Plus, as it's been said by many who have heard the album, the first time through isn't necessarily as impressive. After a few listens, it can grow on you.

To me it sounds, not so much like he's trying to duplicate Lupe Fiasco,but something close to it...I'll check out some of his earlier stuff to see if I can see what you're saying.I can see already,I will have to listen to his music a different way.

rob19
09-15-2009, 04:59 PM
To me it sounds, not so much like he's trying to duplicate Lupe Fiasco,but something close to it...I'll check out some of his earlier stuff to see if I can see what you're saying.I can see already,I will have to listen to his music a different way.

I don't think he sounds anything like Lupe.. I mean.. maybe in the sense that he's not just rapping about rims or stanky legs... but he's unique man to say the least..

Maybe I'm biased.. I've been a Cudi fan for awhile now.. and this is the best album I've ever heard of any genre.. I can't stop listening to it..

Alsoooooo......... try burning some trees while listening... if you're into that.. ;)

canesandbhoys
09-15-2009, 10:00 PM
I agree with you... at first listen i loved the album but i'm really not very impressed after 3-4 listens.

Wow, this is honestly the first time I've heard this, and I have been discussing this album with quite a few people for several days. Everyone I've heard from who listened to it all the way through a first time either don't like it at all, love it from the beginning, or grow to like it.

And Rob, bro, I'm not criticizing but you gotta expand your musical catalogue. I'm by far the biggest Cudi fan I know, but I'm nowhere near ready to call this one of the greatest of all time. It takes timelessness (never gets old) to make it onto that list. There are so many amazing albums by so many people; the first 6 Led Zeppelin, Coltrane, Buddy Guy, Nas, Jimi, Beatles, MJ, Pink Floyd, MF DOOM, Wu & GZA... the list goes on and on.

JT-forpresident
09-15-2009, 10:44 PM
after listening to it over and over, a few tracks come out...

soundtrack 2 my life is definitely my favorite with day n nite...

my world, sky might fall, enter galactic, cudi zone, pursuit of happiness, hyyer, up up and away also are excellent songs... i definitely thank the OP for convincing me to dwl this heh

rob19
09-16-2009, 01:26 AM
And Rob, bro, I'm not criticizing but you gotta expand your musical catalogue. I'm by far the biggest Cudi fan I know, but I'm nowhere near ready to call this one of the greatest of all time. It takes timelessness (never gets old) to make it onto that list. There are so many amazing albums by so many people; the first 6 Led Zeppelin, Coltrane, Buddy Guy, Nas, Jimi, Beatles, MJ, Pink Floyd, MF DOOM, Wu & GZA... the list goes on and on.

:chuckle: I got excited. I had just went through like 3 blunts through the album when I posted that, lmao.

Jt, I know your a trancehead so I figured you'd like the David Guetta track.. I actually have that song on the same cd as the End of Day album, I through it in at the end after Up, Up, & away.. I feel it kinda flows nicely..

anywho, List of suggested tracks of his previous work

Man on the Moon (dope track...)
Wastin' my minutes - produced by 88 keys
Higher Up
Dat New New
Girls Sounds & Colors
Look up in da Stars - feat Wale
The Prayer - (****s on tpain pretty hard... )
Switchin Lanes
Rollin
Thank God I'm Fresh (t.g.i.f)

canesandbhoys
09-16-2009, 02:02 AM
^Add to that:
Buggin Out 2009 (Consequence)
Is There Any Love (feat. Wale)
09 Freestyle
That Girl
I Be (Different from "Can I Be," which is also a good song)

JT-forpresident
09-16-2009, 10:42 AM
thanks guys i'll check those out definitely....

BTW rob, i'm a house and electro fan... trance is way different, but no offence taken ;) a lot of people couldn't tell the difference between house, techno, electro, trance, etc. so it's nothing new to me ...

rob19
09-16-2009, 02:24 PM
thanks guys i'll check those out definitely....

BTW rob, i'm a house and electro fan... trance is way different, but no offence taken ;) a lot of people couldn't tell the difference between house, techno, electro, trance, etc. so it's nothing new to me ...

Lol, I like House too.. I actually went to Ultra and A.M.F down here in Miami.. but It's not my favorite genre for sure... unless I'm rolling balls..

off topic.. but, anyone ever rolled 'not' at a music festival or club ? I've wanted to roll again but it just seems weird to me if I'm not at an event like Ultra or something.. feel me?

and rolling without trees is boringg.. so it kinda gets expensive..