PDA

View Full Version : eric berry

nolefin
09-20-2009, 10:07 AM
whatever it takes i dont care, get this guy in a fins uni next year. the next ed reed period.

PhinPhan910
09-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Yea, he is a playmaker.

Cloudy
09-20-2009, 10:44 PM
I feared for some of the Gator's safety after watching Eric Berry play last Saturday and i'm a Gator fan.

Ricky_Fan34
09-20-2009, 10:47 PM
I'd prefer a defensive tackle or a middle linebacker.

JCane
09-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Have I been saying it? Have I been saying it? Check the sig lol. I was on this bandwagon last season lol. Find me someone who wants to argue Taylor Mays over Eric Berry after Saturday so I can punch them in the back of the face lol.

Ricky_Fan34
09-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Hmmm. I'd prefer Taylor Mays over Berry.

hahahaha.

I love messing with JCane.

Clipse
09-21-2009, 02:34 AM
I'd love to have Eric Berry. Unfortunately, it's going to require a top 5 pick I believe.

JCane
09-21-2009, 02:37 AM
I'd love to have Eric Berry. Unfortunately, it's going to require a top 5 pick I believe.

You might be surprised at how close we are to the top 5 picks at the end of the season lol.

EFWilson
09-21-2009, 02:44 AM
Miami's defense is ok. Another ILB or NT wouldnt hurt, but the fish need offense !

JCane
09-21-2009, 02:45 AM
Miami's defense is ok. Another ILB or NT wouldnt hurt, but the fish need offense !

Eric Berry becomes offense.

EFWilson
09-21-2009, 03:02 AM
Miami already has a bunch of money in their DB's. I dont see Eric being there when they draft anyway. Miami's biggest need is Offensive playmakes. A WR, KR, maybe a QB if Henne isnt the one. A ILB and a NT wouldnt hurt as well, but the offense is way behind the D.

JCane
09-21-2009, 03:03 AM
We could definitely use a WR to replace that lifetime bum Ted Ginn Jr.

EFWilson
09-21-2009, 03:10 AM
Ted Ginn is at best just a flyer. He will never really be useful with Pennington throwing the ball. I havent seen anything in Henne, but maybe with some real playing time he'll turn it around. Good QB's make their collage teams better than they would have been otherwise. I dont think that could be said about Henne at Michigan.He was just a system guy from what I saw.

TedSlimmJr
09-21-2009, 03:16 AM
Eric Berry becomes offense.

This...

When you're picking that high in the draft (I can't believe people haven't learned this by now) you don't draft for need....

You draft for TALENT......period...

The draft is your only way to acquire TALENT....free agency is where you fill needs...

Which is precisely how Miami passed on Patrick Willis and ended up with a 140 pound sideline seeking waste of a top 10 draft pick....

All you have to do is look at the impact players like Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Bob Sanders, etc. have on your defense...

Eric Berry immediately puts just about every safety in the NFL short of these 3 on the bench....

Dogbone34
09-21-2009, 10:58 AM
He's very impressive. Definite impact player.

RealDriscoll
09-21-2009, 11:32 AM
He is more impressive than Ed Reed IMO. As good as a play maker that Ed Reed is he is equally as bad as at tackling. Berry will tacke and make plays. The cream of the crop this year IMO are the following...

Ndaukong Suh, Eric Berry, Gerald McCoy, Jerry Hughes, and Dez Bryant

utahphinsfan
09-21-2009, 02:02 PM
EB laid out St Timothy of Gainesville Saturday and that alone makes me like him.

As for the phins drafting another Vols Safety, I'll pass.

nolefin
09-22-2009, 01:31 PM
its funny that people compair berry and j allen, thats a joke. berry is better than any safety we have we could have used him last night

BobDole
09-22-2009, 02:33 PM
EB laid out St Timothy of Gainesville Saturday and that alone makes me like him.

As for the phins drafting another Vols Safety, I'll pass.

you obviously didn't watch that game. tebow ran right through him more than once on saturday - watch it again. berry had one leg tackle on him - big fuggin deal. berry still played great but tebow won that head-to-head no question (minus the pick, of course).

JT-forpresident
09-22-2009, 04:31 PM
its funny that people compair berry and j allen, thats a joke. berry is better than any safety we have we could have used him last night

definitely... :(

it's been two years now that i wanted to see us draft a ****ing safety... here's to hoping they'll finally make a move in next year's draft, wether berry or mays (although berry is my personal favorite)

The Ghost
09-22-2009, 06:39 PM
I want him but fear he'll be long gone. Ideally he slips to 14 or 15 where were picking and we snagged him and instantly make our secondary is scary talented.

I mean I hope were picking 32nd but I am being realistic. If were 8-8ish we'll be pick around there and have an outside shot at him.

Otherwise I am hoping for Brandon Spikes or Taylor Mays. Its obvious our defense simply needs more young studs. We think we have 4 already in Merling, Langford, Davis and Smith, it would benefit us greatly if we continue this trend next year and add another 2 young studs to the defense with our first and second picks.

Were a big strong team, now we need more athletes.

Roman529
09-23-2009, 12:27 AM
I love Spikes, Berry, and Dez Bryant, and I also think Tim Tebow could be someone we decide to grab at the QB spot.

MP-Omnis
09-23-2009, 04:16 AM
Who thinks we're going to go for Berry ala Pittsburgh? If he's the next Polamalu, it'd be worth it.

JCane
09-23-2009, 04:19 AM
He is more impressive than Ed Reed IMO.

Hold up lol...

FinsGuy939
09-23-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm a big Canes fan too but it is hard to argue that Berry hasn't had a more impressive college career than Reed. But that has no bearing on what he does at the next level because it will be hard for Berry to match Reed's success in the NFL, but it is possible.

Mr. Magoo
09-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Berry would be ideal for us. A fantastic playmaker at a need position.

What's funny is that if Wilson keeps playing like he has and helping us lose games, we might just be in position to draft him. Given that LaRon Landry was drafted at #6 and Sean Taylor at #5, there's a good chance we'd have to be this high to draft him (depending on how he runs, of course).

miamiron
09-23-2009, 03:30 PM
whatever it takes i dont care, get this guy in a fins uni next year. the next ed reed period.

This is why we have to see if Henne is our QB of the future
and this has to be done this year...if he is then Berry is a great pick...if Henne isn't then you have to draft a franchise QB with the #1 draft pick

RealDriscoll
09-24-2009, 08:48 AM
I feel Berry is more impressive than Ed Reed for numerous reasons...

(A): Ed Reed is a non-factor in run support. Berry on the other hand will come and lay the lumber

(B): Ed Reed is one of the best defesive play-makers of all-time but he plays very undisciplined and often misses his assignment b/c he is chasing a big play. Not Berry; Berry plays extremely disciplined and for my money is the best prospect in this Draft Class

RealDriscoll
09-24-2009, 08:51 AM
I think we have a huge window of Quarterbacks declaring over the next couple of years so it is important to give Henne a chance. This years' crop of QB's will include Sam Bradford, Jimmy Clausen, Colt McCoy, Tony Pike, Zac Robinson, Tim Hiller, Dan LeFevour, Max Hall, Tim Tebow, and last but certaintly not least Jevan Snead. Quarterback will be a non-factor in the 2010 draft for us. But if Henne were to struggle mightily 2011 and 2012 Draft Classes are one again loaded with the likes of Colin Kaepernick, Jake Locker, Pat Devlin, Ryan Mallot, Robert Griffin III, Terrell Pryor, and Aaron Corp.

RealDriscoll
09-24-2009, 08:53 AM
While I think Eric Berry is the best draft prospect in this draft I do not think he is the best for the Miami Dolphins. Ndaukong Suh, defensive tackle out of Nebraska, is the guy I would target. For my money Haloti Ngata is the best Defensive Tackle in the game and I see Suh as a bigger, stronger, and quicker Haloti Ngata.

RealDriscoll
09-24-2009, 08:58 AM
If I had to make an All NCAA Team in terms of 2010 Draft Prospectus it would look like...

QB: Jevan Snead-Mississippi
RB: Jahvid Best-California
WR: Dez Bryant-Oklahoma State
WR: Damien Williams-USC
TE: Jermaine Gresham-Oklahoma (Injured)
LT: Russell Okung-Oklahoma State
LG: Rodney Hudson-Florida State
C: Kris O'Dowd-USC
RG: Mike Johnson-Alabama
RT: Trent Williams-Oklahoma

Defensive End: Jerry Hughes-TCU
Defensive Tackle: Ndaukong Suh-Nebraska
Defensive Tackle: Gerald McCoy-Oklahoma
Defensive End: Sergio Kindle-Texas
Linebacker: Brandon Spikes-Florida
Linebacker: Rolando McClain-Alabama
Linebacker: Sean Weatherspoon-Missouri
Cornerback: Joe Haden-Florida
Cornerback: Syd'Quan Thompson-California
Safety: Eric Berry-Tennessee
Safety: Taylor Mays-USC

MP-Omnis
09-26-2009, 12:41 AM
So, Ndamukong, Brandon, or Eric. That decision would drive me crazy.

Valandui
09-26-2009, 01:14 AM
Suh would most likely not be the pick if it was for NT. Parcells historically does not take NTs in the first round. He takes late rounders and develops them over time behind a veteran, examples being Jason Ferguson, Jay Ratliff, and, hopefully, Paul Soliai. I think Suh would only be the pick to use at DE and we are already loaded there. Berry would be awesome, but Spikes would be the best pick in my opinion.

MP-Omnis
09-26-2009, 04:29 AM
You're right. I thought Suh was heavier than he is. The guy I was thinking of was that big MFer from Bama.

ticophin
09-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Where is the upgrade needed the quickest.....
Over Bell, Wilson, or Clemons (who we havent seen yet realistically)???
Over Paul Soliai, who is still young and showing signs of improvement?
Over the recently extended,often-effective, but non-spectacular Channing Crowder?
Now, if youre picking between 10-18, and one of the top 2 WRs is available, somebody with potential to be a #1 threat, and add a deep threat to our offense...do we miss out? And go ILB, NT, OLB, S, and KR the rest of the way....

miamiron
09-27-2009, 10:16 PM
You draft for TALENT......period...

The draft is your only way to acquire TALENT....free agency is where you fill needs...

Which is precisely how Miami passed on Patrick Willis and ended up with a 140 pound sideline seeking waste of a top 10 draft pick....

All you have to do is look at the impact players like Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Bob Sanders, etc. have on your defense...

A more true post has never been seen here:buds:

mmikel30
09-27-2009, 10:37 PM
star player ....cant miss player ...im in !

blackthought
09-27-2009, 11:12 PM
You might be surprised at how close we are to the top 5 picks at the end of the season lol.

HAHA, Funny... Really... Being a Dolphin fan isn't about being blind to the facts, before the season I thought we would be at best a top 15 picking team, now, Pennington down, we could be top three if he is gone long.

mmikel30
09-28-2009, 01:19 PM
I wish there was a way we could get eric berry and dez bryant !

Mr. Magoo
09-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Spikes isn't even a guaranteed first rounder, much less in competition with truly elite prospects like Berry. There's a lot of speculation that he won't be able to run faster than 4.8 or even 4.9 in the 40. If he can't run faster than that, he probably falls into the third round (Crowder, I believe, ran like a 4.75, and that lack of speed has been exposed on drag routes several times in his career).

It should be interesting to see what happens with Berry, though. Ed Reed, who he gets compared to a lot, fell to #24 partly based on his lack of overwhelming physicality (this after being a two time All-American and recording nine picks in 2001 alone). Berry is a better tackler than Reed, but even Polamalu fell to 16th overall.

The truth is that safeties are easier to find than corners, and are appropriately less deserving of high first round picks. They don't have to have the kind of elite quickness or fluidity it's impossible to teach. They don't have to be great one-on-one cover men. What they have to be is intelligent, good leaders and communicators, and be willing and able to tackle. Frankly, those are easier skills to find than the physical ones above.

All that said, I still think Berry has an excellent chance of being a top ten pick. It's not unheard of (Sean Taylor, LaRon Landry, Michael Huff and Antrel Rolle come to mind -- though none of them has filled the promise of their draft status -- even Taylor, who while all respect is due to the dead -- was probably overrated). Given where the Dolphins season is heading, we might be in position to pick him. And as irate as I would be to experience a season like that, getting a player like Berry would be a nice consolation prize.

etsudolfan
09-30-2009, 03:24 PM
hell to the yeah!! see my sig!!

uga3406
10-03-2009, 12:48 AM
are you sure you want another Tennessee saftey in the 1st rd?

MP-Omnis
10-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Since our FO likes big strong guys, does anyone think they'd go with Taylor Mays over Eric Berry if they had the opportunity?

phinfan33
10-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Since our FO likes big strong guys, does anyone think they'd go with Taylor Mays over Eric Berry if they had the opportunity?ummm..NOOOOOOO...