PDA

View Full Version : Half and Half

phinasota
09-20-2009, 11:00 PM
What do you think of this idea? Do you think it would work? Play Penny the first half and Henne the 2nd half.

Now before you go bashing this thread think about this. The colts are preparing for Penny's little short passes and game management thing. They pretty much know they don't have 2 worry about anything going deep. So they will stack the line and pressure Penny all night.

So playing Henne in the 2nd half will force them 2 make big adjustments in coverage 2 cover Henne's arm and open up the running game for our boys. Maybe we would be able 2 get a big play or 2 in. I already know this isn't going 2 happen I'm just asking if you think it would open something up for us. :crazy::thanks:

greenmiamicat
09-20-2009, 11:08 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Swantoon
09-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Ya I really don't think it would give us any advantage at all.

Third Eye
09-20-2009, 11:12 PM
I am sorry to be blunt, but that is a horribly idiotic idea.

RandomDolphan
09-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Half and Half

... and here I thought this thread was going places :(

TheDon74
09-20-2009, 11:22 PM
YOU

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/09/6jodbx4-1.jpg

EVERYONE ELSE

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

dolfan5223
09-20-2009, 11:22 PM
I think we need to try something different. If Chad P strugles Chad H should be able to come in. If we have no deep threat because of lack of arm strength, then we will
never be able to run the ball. The Wildcat helps but w/o it we cannot just line up and run the ball.......... We might want to do something different... Not a horriable ideal at all..... GO FINS

Cloudy
09-20-2009, 11:24 PM
That's one of those ideas that sounds good in your head but isn't very realistic. Even though the defense needs to make adjustments the our offense would need to as well.

Pinkboy
09-20-2009, 11:26 PM
That is the dumbest idea ever.

blevins29
09-20-2009, 11:27 PM
What do you think of this idea? Do you think it would work? Play Penny the first half and Henne the 2nd half.

Now before you go bashing this thread think about this. The colts are preparing for Penny's little short passes and game management thing. They pretty much know they don't have 2 worry about anything going deep. So they will stack the line and pressure Penny all night.

So playing Henne in the 2nd half will force them 2 make big adjustments in coverage 2 cover Henne's arm and open up the running game for our boys. Maybe we would be able 2 get a big play or 2 in. I already know this isn't going 2 happen I'm just asking if you think it would open something up for us. :crazy::thanks:

They would play defense against Henne the same way they play defense against Pennington. Chad P. probably averaged more yards per attempt than Chad H. during the preseason. Both QBs check down a lot because:
1) They are taught to take care of the ball and not force it deep.
2) The offense has problems going deep due to the lack of a true #1 WR and a mediocre OL.
3) Henne scares no one. He has not proven he can throw deep with any accuracy on a regular basis.
The whole idea is to play the QB that gives you the best chance to win. Currently that QB is Pennington. Whether the touchdown comes on a 5 yard pass or a 50 yard pass makes little difference - it's still only worth 6 points. Both Chads will throw deep when receivers get seperation - until then they both will take the shorter passes to the open receivers.
Aaron Rodgers cost the Packers a game just today by trying to force it deep when the shorter stuff was open. Both announcers commented on his poor choices of going deep when it wasn't there. You attack a defense by taking what they are giving and forcing them to adjust; not by forcing it into the strength of their defense.

Swantoon
09-20-2009, 11:29 PM
That is the dumbest idea ever.

You forget about the Geico Caveman sitcom.

DzakkH13
09-20-2009, 11:32 PM
If our OL can give Penny some time and open some holes for R & R, we win this game. I have a string feeling about that. The key will be to keep Manning, Clark, and Wayne off the field.

Mark my words!

TheDon74
09-20-2009, 11:39 PM
In this guys defense, if you started a thread last year that read-

Hey guys why don't we have Penny line up at wide out and get Ronnie behind center a few plays a game to jump start the offence?

He may have been banned.

With that said the half and half idea is a total fail.

DzakkH13
09-21-2009, 01:27 AM
In this guys defense, if you started a thread last year that read-

Hey guys why don't we have Penny line up at wide out and get Ronnie behind center a few plays a game to jump start the offence?

He may have been banned.

With that said the half and half idea is a total fail.

Very true. With that said, Pennignton is the better QB right NOW. So no reason to change unless we have to.

dlockz
09-21-2009, 01:29 AM
Thats about as dumb as taking out Pennington to play White , damn we been doing that lol

Tigers2003
09-21-2009, 01:38 AM
No it will not work. The only other qb would be Pat White in a WILDFIN option and rarely if at all.

Jeep
09-21-2009, 01:46 AM
Lets change this thread to "A THIRD A THIRD AND A THIRD".. We'll have Chad in for one play, the very next play we'll send in the other Chad and after that play, we'll send in White.. and keep them rotating... yeah baby.. that will mess the defense up.. and it will teach them for preparing for just one of our QB's...

(sarcasm off)