PDA

View Full Version : Needs next draft, this is what i think!

bpackers13
09-22-2009, 12:34 PM
In the 2010 draft this is what I think we should draft in the order we should draft them in. Names to come later in the season. Tell me what you guys think.
1. WR
2. MLB
3. FS
4. DT
5. TE
6. SS or OLB
7. DT or DE

We need youth/good rotation on the defensive line.
With the first pick I'm going WR, ONLY if we dont pick up a legitimate #1 in free agency, i.e. Aquan Boldin, Brandon Marshall.

Tiko377
09-22-2009, 12:46 PM
i dont think boldin and marshall are free agents next year i think its there contract year next year..... and i wouldnt give up a 1st roung pick for either....

and on ur list you might wanna add ronnie brown because we could lose him because he is becoming a free agent this off-season....

what we really need this off-season is a big DT because ferguson is getting old

Gammons Peter
09-22-2009, 12:49 PM
well, at least we'll have a top 10 pick

LouisOliver
09-22-2009, 12:49 PM
so basically a whole new team?

yup agreed.

Phinatic8u
09-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Only Playes in the first round that i think we need are: Brandon Spikes, Rolando McClain, Ndamukong Suh, Terrence Cody, Eric Berry, Dez Bryant.

ffphin
09-22-2009, 12:55 PM
The first thing we need is a WR!!! With Henne taking over next year we need a #1 WR to open up the deffense for Ginn. BUT we are only through two weeks of the season and I'm not giving up on our guys. We were 0-2 last year and our second loss last year was a blow out to the Cards and look at what we did. I'm not saying that you are giving up but I feel that this is to early in the year to talk about next years draft. GO DOLPHINS!!

bpackers13
09-22-2009, 12:56 PM
i dont think boldin and marshall are free agents next year i think its there contract year next year..... and i wouldnt give up a 1st roung pick for either....

and on ur list you might wanna add ronnie brown because we could lose him because he is becoming a free agent this off-season....

what we really need this off-season is a big DT because ferguson is getting old
No, I wouldnt give up a first for either of them either. I was saying if we do pick up a number 1 in FA i wouldnt draft a WR in the first. Sorry, should have been more clear. My fault

Phinatic8u
09-22-2009, 12:58 PM
IMO a Playmaking LB is the most important thing we need Clemons and Culver have HUGEEE Potential IMO

Dtronic
09-22-2009, 01:01 PM
IMO a Playmaking LB is the most important thing we need Clemons and Culver have HUGEEE Potential IMO

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then get a #1 wr in free agency.

Pitbull13
09-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Only Playes in the first round that i think we need are: Brandon Spikes, Rolando McClain, Ndamukong Suh, Terrence Cody, Eric Berry, Dez Bryant.

Dez Bryant :hi5::woot:

nosleep
09-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Game two and we're talking about the draft? Really guys?

Elliott 1
09-22-2009, 01:15 PM
If we could sign a FA WR like Vincent Jackson that would help our draft immensely.

dolfan91
09-22-2009, 01:34 PM
After last nights game ... it's obvious that a #1 WR is a pressing need, as well as, a pass rushing OLB or DE ... it's clear that a bigger more sure handed version of Ginn is what the offense needs ... an addition like that would open up the field to Ginn and others there are enough possession WR's on the roster many of which have good hands!!! as for the defense without mentioning TACKLING ... what seems to be lacking is a real pass rusher ...Taylor and Porter are up there in age!!! and Langford and Merling are more of the run stuffing types, although Merling has had his moments as a pass rusher... this team has improved against the run.. and is physical ... but lack the NATURAL pass rusher like Freeney or Ware coming off the corner !!!

The Ghost
09-22-2009, 06:29 PM
We need a big WR but not with our first pick. I think our WR's will all be better playing with Henne and despite that one drop by Ginn yesterday, improvements continue to be made by those guys. Hartline and Turner can't be given up on. There's no room to activate both and Brian's made the most his oppurtunities so far. Unless you have a shot at phenom, you have to consider more pressing positions.

Our first pick needs to be another defensive player. Someone who's expected to start immediately, probably an ILB or FS, positions that likely will offer great value in the range we'll likely be picking 13-19th.

Gibril could still turn around and suppress the need for drafting a FS high for another year but if we have a shot at Mays or Berry, how could you pass? Those are the types of guys you want to combine with Davis and Smith. Baltimore and Pittsburgh both committed first round picks to getting their playmaking FS's, we need to do the same thing, eventually.

Paul Soliai still offers potential at NT long term and combined with the stoutness of our run defense I don't see a NT being our first pick either, although the position is important enough that if we do take one I certainly won't complain. It would be great to steal Wilfork from the Pats and not have to draft somebody.

If I were ranking just needs I'd go with FS, ILB, big athletic pass catcher (WR or TE), pass rushing OLB, future NT.

If I were predicting how the draft will play out I think we'll take:

ILB, NT, FS, WR, OLB, another ILB, a backup OG, a developmental QB and maybe we take a flier on a fullback or kick returner.

Right now my best case scenario's for our first pick are:

1. Eric Berry S Tennesse
2. Brandon Spikes ILB Florida
3. Taylor Mays S USC
4. Terrence Cody NT Alabama
5. Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State (because I am a fun guy) :up:

Roman529
09-23-2009, 12:13 AM

That's why it is called the DRAFT forum....to discuss the draft. :crazy:

miami234ever
09-24-2009, 11:45 PM
If we could sign a FA WR like Vincent Jackson that would help our draft immensely.

Vincent Jackson would GREATLY help!

EFWilson
09-25-2009, 01:09 AM
I think a QB in round one depending on how Henne looks(if he gets to play this year). A WR with speed rather than just another tall slow guy would be nice. A couple of ILB's and a young LG prospect.

mi2cents
09-25-2009, 03:02 PM
are we missing something here??? you went to the draft forum...da
you may need Sleep after all. lol :ponder::foundout:

Pat-London
10-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Dont be a bit surprised if a HB is taken between rounds 4-6. With 1 more year to Rickey's contract, the uncertainty around Pat Cobbs and the importance shown to multi backs and in particular when running the WC, I would suspect a Marion Barber type pick in 2010.

MP-Omnis
10-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Someone on this forum said it best: You draft for talent, and you use free agency to fill needs.

We need defensive talent... preferably a safety. Can't go wrong with Eric Berry and Taylor Mays has the size to play SS to replace Bell if Clemons becomes a star.

And then of course there's the WR situation, but I think that speaks for itself.

GeauxFinns3705
10-19-2009, 11:34 PM
I saw a mock on Footballs Future that gave us Rolando McClain in the first and Dan Williams, the NT from UT in the second.

IMO, that would be an incredible first two picks for us. Great players that are both big time positions of need. And...these are both "tough" guys. They make playing Miami on Sunday hurt more on Monday.

Brennan Marion is still listed on our roster. He was an UDFA from Tulsa that apparently showed great promise. The coaches also seem to like Nalbone at TE alot as well. I expect we may also address WR in FA. Dont forget Patrick Turner as well.

I just don't think we are going to pick a WR in the first or second round...when we are primarily a running team (even with Henne). IMO, we'll try to develop the young guys on our team, (Hartline, Turner, Marion) bring in a FA and take our chances.

Getting more physical up front and in the middle on defense would be ideal. Having Soliai and Williams rotating at NT would make our run defense far more formidable than it is now. McClain would be a HUGE upgrade over Ayodele. Hes 6'4, 260 and runs sideline to sideline effortlessly.

Both of those guys are going to see and be involved in way more plays than a rookie WR.

Clipse
10-20-2009, 10:00 AM
I saw a mock on Footballs Future that gave us Rolando McClain in the first and Dan Williams, the NT from UT in the second.

IMO, that would be an incredible first two picks for us. Great players that are both big time positions of need. And...these are both "tough" guys. They make playing Miami on Sunday hurt more on Monday.

Brennan Marion is still listed on our roster. He was an UDFA from Tulsa that apparently showed great promise. The coaches also seem to like Nalbone at TE alot as well. I expect we may also address WR in FA. Dont forget Patrick Turner as well.

I just don't think we are going to pick a WR in the first or second round...when we are primarily a running team (even with Henne). IMO, we'll try to develop the young guys on our team, (Hartline, Turner, Marion) bring in a FA and take our chances.

Getting more physical up front and in the middle on defense would be ideal. Having Soliai and Williams rotating at NT would make our run defense far more formidable than it is now. McClain would be a HUGE upgrade over Ayodele. Hes 6'4, 260 and runs sideline to sideline effortlessly.

Both of those guys are going to see and be involved in way more plays than a rookie WR.
I'd be stoked if those were our first 2 picks. I think ILB is our biggest need. And I can't see Spikes being available when we pick, but McClain I can and I wouldn't mind it at all. After ILB, our biggest needs are probably WR, FS, and NT. I do have high hopes for Clemons though and feel he will turn out to be a very good FS for us. Some good NT, FS, and ILB prospects available this draft though.

BARF
10-20-2009, 10:28 AM
i think it is nt, lb, wr

TedSlimmJr
10-20-2009, 12:43 PM
I'd be stoked if those were our first 2 picks. I think ILB is our biggest need. And I can't see Spikes being available when we pick, but McClain I can and I wouldn't mind it at all. After ILB, our biggest needs are probably WR, FS, and NT. I do have high hopes for Clemons though and feel he will turn out to be a very good FS for us. Some good NT, FS, and ILB prospects available this draft though.

If McClain declares, I think he will come off the board before Spikes....

I've always thought Spikes was a little overrated...although he's a pretty good linebacker....he's not an elite prospect IMO...I think he may in for a slide on draft day...

...and McClain's stock will rise even higher once he performs individually for teams and in post season workouts...

I also like the potential of Dan Williams...specifically as a projected NT.....

I mentioned in one of these threads several months ago that I thought Dan Williams could be considered a 1st rounder by the end of the season...

Tennessee's defense is 3rd in the SEC and Williams is a big reason why.....along with Eric Berry obviously....

3rdandinches
10-23-2009, 03:19 PM
FA will obviousily have a huge effect on our draft and there are potentially alot of top notch answer in FA to make our draft more focused.

My Dream Off-season would include....

V.Wilfork NT - proven and young
R.Seymour DE - 30 years old and great as a 3/4 DE
C.Henry WR - 6`4 200, underrated player that has cleaned up his act

Draft

I really think this is very difficult because we have potential to pick 24-16, unless there`s some big colapse and then we`re looking 9-13. We need help at LB, we may lose our TE, we could use FS help....

1. J.Gresham TE - A young QB`s best friend outside a great run game
2. S.Kindle OLB - A excellent pass rusher, hopefully JT gets a 1 year deal to help our young guys out.
3. M.Johnson ILB - Underrated solid ILB

I`d be pretty happy with that off-season and draft, but I could see R.Seymour getting tagged and NE is looking at transitioning to the 4/3 so it may just come down to if we`re willing to pay Wilfork the big bucks.