PDA

View Full Version : Rock an Roll Hall of Fame?

TheDon74
09-23-2009, 12:44 PM
So the nominations are out and I gotta say they suck big time.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/09/23/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-nominees-kiss-red-hot-chili-peppers-kanye/#comment-43273

Kiss sucks! LL Cool J really? Abba please. The Stooges (I thought they covered that crappy era of music by letting The Ramones in) Jimmy Cliff okay I guess if you want to rep Reggae he's a good choice. Genesis, matters which one your putting in. Now to the one that I really agree with The Chili Peppers, they've been around a lot longer then people realize and I can see the props.

Is Rick Rubin in the Hall yet? If not then why? How is LL nominated but the Beastie Boys aren't?

Finfang
09-23-2009, 12:49 PM
They have manged to exclude Alice Cooper for all these years. He was a huge influence to a lot of the bands that are there.

Kiss stole everything he ever did and ruined it with their sex and love lyrics. Fugg them!

The Rock and Roll hall of fame is a mockery of a sham of a travesty if you ask me.

TheDon74
09-23-2009, 01:06 PM
They have manged to exclude Alice Cooper for all these years. He was a huge influence to a lot of the bands that are there.

Kiss stole everything he ever did and ruined it with their sex and love lyrics. Fugg them!

The Rock and Roll hall of fame is a mockery of a sham of a travesty if you ask me.

I could not agree more, Alice should have been in Years ago. I have never understood why people love KISS so much, Their music is total garbage. I know some people that would say the same about my taste so I'm not saying I'm right, just saying my opinion. I do think KISS is genius in selling themselves but the actual music, ugh!

finfan01
09-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Really? Abba??

SpaceMountain16
09-23-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm visiting next summer, i can now finally make the pilgrimage after ABBA has been inducted.

But seriously, what a joke. I hate KISS but i guess they merit being in. But LL Cool J and ABBA!? WTF?

Arsenal WV
09-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Red Hot Chili Peppers = Beasts

Finfang
09-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Red Hot Chili Peppers = Beasts

Mother's Milk was where it ended for me. That was the last great Red Hot's record IMO.

After that it all became pedestrian.

I saw them many times in the early days. They created quite a buzz in the music world in the mid '80's.

CedarPhin
09-23-2009, 10:10 PM
KISS rules.

LL Cool J...don't get that one though.

SpaceMountain16
09-23-2009, 10:18 PM
They don't pay homage to Prog. Rock bands like Rush, Yes, The Moody Blues but they induct ABBA, Madonna, Donna Summer, LL Cool J and Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5? Just stupid.

JCane
09-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Dude...how can you bang on The Ramones?

d-day
09-24-2009, 03:34 AM
Mother's Milk was where it ended for me. That was the last great Red Hot's record IMO.

After that it all became pedestrian.

I saw them many times in the early days. They created quite a buzz in the music world in the mid '80's.

:hi5: best.album.ever. - ...except blood, sugar was a monster album -