PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hop what happen to this kind of s**t

TheDon74
09-23-2009, 05:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqDueq0LH6Y&feature=PlayList&p=B6C4B3ABE14B09D6

SpaceMountain16
09-23-2009, 10:21 PM
I can't stand modern day rap/hip hop but i always loved groups like P.E., NWA, Naughty by Nature etc.

aesop
09-30-2009, 12:49 PM
That was released about 4 years ago. And there's more than enough great hip hop and producers out there. You just have to dig.

Have you heard: MF DOOM, Jay Dilla, Cannibal Ox, El-p, Bonobo, RJD2, Stoupe?

Slim
09-30-2009, 01:45 PM
That was released about 4 years ago. And there's more than enough great hip hop and producers out there. You just have to dig.

Have you heard: MF DOOM, Jay Dilla, Cannibal Ox, El-p, Bonobo, RJD2, Stoupe?

Always wondered if you called yourself Aesop cause of Aesop Rock. Judging by the rappers you listed above, you probably did.

RJD2 is one of my favorites but i wouldnt consider him a hiphop head. Only one of his albums was catered to hiphop. Stoupe is awesome but its annoying to hear Vinne Paz scream over his beautiful beats.
Other than that, Royce 5'9, Atmosphere, Lupe, Shad K (awesome Canadian rapper... highly recommend him!!) are all great.

Btw, i was never able to get into MF Doom... He's so random i find.

aesop
09-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Always wondered if you called yourself Aesop cause of Aesop Rock. Judging by the rappers you listed above, you probably did.

RJD2 is one of my favorites but i wouldnt consider him a hiphop head. Only one of his albums was catered to hiphop. Stoupe is awesome but its annoying to hear Vinne Paz scream over his beautiful beats.
Other than that, Royce 5'9, Atmosphere, Lupe, Shad K (awesome Canadian rapper... highly recommend him!!) are all great.

Btw, i was never able to get into MF Doom... He's so random i find.I used to like him, I more-so like the beats (Blockhead).. I find his lyrics retarded and pretentious.

Vinny Paz, yeah I can't stand that moron. That's why I just listed Stoupe. I like Atmosphere, but Slug can get pretty annoying sometimes. Lupe is cool usually.

You might want to check out Madvillain, which is with Madlib and Doom. Some of the songs on there might be more down your alley. Or his stuff with Dangermouse, Dangerdoom. I'll have to check out Shad K.