PDA

View Full Version : Ginn will NEVER be a #1...WHY?

milldog
09-30-2009, 07:17 AM
Because he's not a #1. He just so happened to light up Saban's eyes! I don't blame Teddy though, nor should he. He makes #1 money but plays like a 2 or 3, where he should be. Not his fault. We need a gamechanger...among others! Thanks!

MP-Omnis
09-30-2009, 07:22 AM
...Cameron's.

NYinBostonFin
09-30-2009, 07:27 AM
How are you a Dolphin fan and not know Cam Cameron drafted Ginn?

I can see his explanation for the pick in my nightmares.

miamiron
09-30-2009, 07:40 AM
Because he's not a #1. He just so happened to light up Saban's eyes! I don't blame Teddy though, nor should he. He makes #1 money but plays like a 2 or 3, where he should be. Not his fault. We need a gamechanger...among others! Thanks!

:err:

SuperMarksBros.
09-30-2009, 07:46 AM
LOL at the failure

NJPhinFan21
09-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Ummmm, You Fail.

milldog
09-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Meant Cameron, sorry guys, it was a little early for me. And been a fan for 36 years, just slipped, grandfather was head of concessions in the 70's. Got to meet a lot of players when I was a kid. One I remember most is Mean Joe Green from the Steelers. He picked me up over his head and tickled the shi. out of me. You guys are tough!

Finfang
09-30-2009, 08:24 AM

You think it is not Ginn's fault? I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with TG these days but he sure doesn't act like he cares to be a football player. I think the guy has plenty of talent. He could be a #1 if he gave a damn but something is different with him. I thought it might be confidence but more and more I think it is concentration. I also didn't want to buy into the running out of bounds too early stuff but I'm really started to see that Ginn is playing scared. Dropping ball, falling down, no yards after catches. This isn't the same guy I thought we drafted. I think it is all Ginn's fault in his play. He just doesn't seem to want it.

arsenal
09-30-2009, 08:36 AM
do we really need another "Ginn is not a #1" thread? :confused:

Kdawg954
09-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Damn Ginn lost us 3 games all by his self. Sure is easy to make him the scapegoat instead of wondering why a defense gives up 27 points in under 15 minutes.

Or why we couldn't move the ball against an average at best defense in Atlanta

Or why we fumbled the ball out the endzone against San Diego on the opening drive

Nah, lets just blame Ginn, its the easiest thing to do.

Ginn is clearly the #1 WR on THIS team, and Bess is a solid slot WR. That is all I am seeing right now.

Finfang
09-30-2009, 08:46 AM
Damn Ginn lost us 3 games all by his self. Sure is easy to make him the scapegoat instead of wondering why a defense gives up 27 points in under 15 minutes.

Or why we fumbled the ball out the endzone against San Diego on the opening drive

Ginn is clearly the #1 WR on THIS team, and Bess is a solid slot WR. That is all I am seeing right now.

I never said it was Ginn's fault that we are losing but it is his fault that he doesn't play like a #1 receiver. :up:

JimToss
09-30-2009, 08:52 AM
He is also not a #1 because he cannot catch.

Calgaryfin
09-30-2009, 08:53 AM
In the words of Keyshawn Johnson: He runs like a deer... and plays like one too!

Chubby
09-30-2009, 09:58 AM
This is all I have to say on why Ginn will never be a #1 nor a top caliber receiver in the NFL.

He's Has No.....
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Cleo Lemon
09-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Another worthless thread. Good job.

GoonBoss
09-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Actually, he isn't paid like a #1. He wasn't even the highest paid WR on our team last year.

fishypete
09-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Actually, he isn't paid like a #1. He wasn't even the highest paid WR on our team last year.

Well thanks for small miracles....how did they know? :lol:

utahphinsfan
09-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Parcells is psychic? Comes from working (I mean tolerating) the Swami of Bristol all those years.

AdamC13
09-30-2009, 11:56 PM
In the words of Keyshawn Johnson: He runs like a deer... and plays like one too!

:lol: Ted "Bambi" Ginn

eddie4fins
10-01-2009, 12:04 AM

Of course........... its a team sport and offense and defense deserve blame, However Ted Ginn has NO excuse for missing not one but two easy 1st down catches in a situation where there was no room for error...........

eddie4fins
10-01-2009, 12:37 AM
who was? Wilford? if thats who you mean hes not on the team now so...... we have Camarillo who got his extension last year, but 6 mil over 3 years is nice but not what Ginn got as the 9th pick in the first round, Bess is no where near that number...... Ginn got his 1st round pick money and he has not even come close to earning it.......

dolfan06
10-01-2009, 12:49 AM
He is also not a #1 because he cannot catch.he can catch, if its for 10 to 15 yards, and its not at a critical point in the game. if the dolphins need need the yardage he might as well have hands like basketballs, just big round.....................balls.

godolphins1985
10-01-2009, 12:58 AM
he can catch, if its for 10 to 15 yards, and its not at a critical point in the game. if the dolphins need need the yardage he might as well have hands like basketballs, just big round.....................balls.

He must get that from the little time spent with Chambers his rookie year hahaha.

luduporcu
10-01-2009, 01:33 AM
Can any of you GINN bashers name who the QBs have been since GINN got here? Let me remind you: BECK, LEMON, and PENNINGTON, or as I prefer to call them, BUST, DUNCE and "NOODLE ARM".

When GINN arrived, the "experts" said (a) he's afraid to go over the middle; (b) he's too small to get off the l/o/s; and (c) he doesn't run good patterns. ALL BULL$h!t!!! From day one, he has run "drag" patterns, "curls" and "posts". And he has had no more trouble getting off the L/O/S than any other WR. As to pattern-running, he ran decent patterns from day one, and has worked at it constantly, with noticeable good results.

Now, look at the QBs throwing to him. The bust BECK and the dunce LEMON very CONSISTENTLY threw too much in front of him, behind him, and either overthrew or underthrew him. As to PENNINGTON, he's the best of the lot. But his noodle arm makes GINN half a weapon: his blinding speed is negated, and opposing "D"s know that MIAMI's idea of a "bomb" is 40 yards. (That also just kills MIAMI's power running game against a really good "D", because they'll cheat the Ss, and we'll be seeing "8-In-The-Box" all day, because MIAMI can't punish them w/the deep pass)

NOW, we have HENNE. It's true that he's as green as grass, and we may lose games because of it, but it won't be because he can't throw with velocity, and deep. So, we'll not only get to know whether HENNE's the future "franchise QB', but we'll also get an answer as to how good GINN can be...and also BESS and HARTLINE, who have each shown enough speed that they can't be ignored deep.

3rdandinches
10-01-2009, 02:06 AM
Another worthless thread. Good job.

Your missing the whole point of the thread, it's not that TG can't be a number 1, it's that he doesn't want to be one. You see, insight like this deserves to be considered a great thread maybe even thread of the year material not worthless. The OP knows Ginn doesn't want it therefore will never become a number 1, it's all clear now.

finnns2000
10-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Bad thread. And I'm guessing Shula drafted Fiedler? Learn the facts.

endorPHINS72
10-01-2009, 03:02 AM

I don't blame our three losses solely on Ted Ginn. But he did play a significant role in at least two of them.

And I don't think anything is clear about Ted Ginn right now, other than that he is not the best football player we have playing wide receiver right now. His unwillingness to develop a tough mindset and aggressive ball skills will make him nothing more than a perennial tease to the teams that are fascinated by his 40 time after we trade or release him after the season.

JCane
10-01-2009, 03:03 AM
Ted Ginn will never be a #1 because Ted Ginn is a bum.

endorPHINS72
10-01-2009, 03:11 AM
Can any of you GINN bashers name who the QBs have been since GINN got here? Let me remind you: BECK, LEMON, and PENNINGTON, or as I prefer to call them, BUST, DUNCE and "NOODLE ARM".

When GINN arrived, the "experts" said (a) he's afraid to go over the middle; (b) he's too small to get off the l/o/s; and (c) he doesn't run good patterns. ALL BULL$h!t!!! From day one, he has run "drag" patterns, "curls" and "posts". And he has had no more trouble getting off the L/O/S than any other WR. As to pattern-running, he ran decent patterns from day one, and has worked at it constantly, with noticeable good results.

Now, look at the QBs throwing to him. The bust BECK and the dunce LEMON very CONSISTENTLY threw too much in front of him, behind him, and either overthrew or underthrew him. As to PENNINGTON, he's the best of the lot. But his noodle arm makes GINN half a weapon: his blinding speed is negated, and opposing "D"s know that MIAMI's idea of a "bomb" is 40 yards. (That also just kills MIAMI's power running game against a really good "D", because they'll cheat the Ss, and we'll be seeing "8-In-The-Box" all day, because MIAMI can't punish them w/the deep pass)

NOW, we have HENNE. It's true that he's as green as grass, and we may lose games because of it, but it won't be because he can't throw with velocity, and deep. So, we'll not only get to know whether HENNE's the future "franchise QB', but we'll also get an answer as to how good GINN can be...and also BESS and HARTLINE, who have each shown enough speed that they can't be ignored deep.

Then we should trade Ginn IMMEDIATELY to Indianapolis as it appears Ginn can't look decent unless he has a hall of fame QB throwing to him.

3rdandinches
10-01-2009, 04:41 AM
I don't blame our three losses solely on Ted Ginn. But he did play a significant role in at least two of them.

And I don't think anything is clear about Ted Ginn right now, other than that he is not the best football player we have playing wide receiver right now. His unwillingness to develop a tough mindset and aggressive ball skills will make him nothing more than a perennial tease to the teams that are fascinated by his 40 time after we trade or release him after the season.

I really don't see how you come up with him being a significant role in atleast two losses! The only game that is debatable is the Indy game and that was clearly lost by the defense. Yes Ginn had a chance at the end to make up for the defenses garbage play. To blame him for the loss because he didn't come up with the catch for the win is like saying if he did catch it, the defense did enough to win the game. Makes no sense to me, the defense lost the game. Blame the defensive co-ordinator if anyone else but the defense itself. Ginn made the effort to have to wait for the ball and with a defender draped all over him he tried and failed, dissappointing but not the reason. He may have caught it and still the defense would have let them score again!

Jaxfan904
10-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Then we should trade Ginn IMMEDIATELY to Indianapolis as it appears Ginn can't look decent unless he has a hall of fame QB throwing to him.

Well with the numbers everyone here wants from Ginn, he needs a HoF QB throwing him the ball!! You guys wouldn't be happy until he has 1500yds and 15td's. With the Colts, he would be amazing! Here's hoping the Dolphins make that trade!!!

milldog
10-01-2009, 10:19 PM
I really don't see how you come up with him being a significant role in atleast two losses! The only game that is debatable is the Indy game and that was clearly lost by the defense. Yes Ginn had a chance at the end to make up for the defenses garbage play. To blame him for the loss because he didn't come up with the catch for the win is like saying if he did catch it, the defense did enough to win the game. Makes no sense to me, the defense lost the game. Blame the defensive co-ordinator if anyone else but the defense itself. Ginn made the effort to have to wait for the ball and with a defender draped all over him he tried and failed, dissappointing but not the reason. He may have caught it and still the defense would have let them score again!

I was never claiming our offensive shortcomings on Ginn. I like the guy and wish/hope he'd prove us wrong but those two drops he makes in the endzone, Big DOG #1 receivers catch. He'd be a stud w/ a big, fast (Boldin) counterpart. Sure he's stoked on the money though!