PDA

View Full Version : Eric Berry (a nice video for all the Tim Tebow lovers)

etsudolfan
09-30-2009, 03:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw6s6ompZ7w

If he comes out in next year's draft and we have a mid 1st round pick, we seriously need to get this guy. I have been watching him since he came to TN and this guy can hit!! He is always in there on every play, even special teams, he is very humble (I've met him and have a good friend that has class with him and is close friends with him), he is a natural leader, reads offenses and QBs very well. Mark my words, this kid is the best safety to come out of the draft since Sean Taylor. He is also a "football" guy. His uncle played football for UT too. I think this is one player that would actually be worth trading up to get. Just thought I'd post this and this video for all the Tim Tebow lovers who seem to ignore the fact that we have 3 young QB's on our roster who deserve a chance to see if they are our future and the glaring hole in our secondary

BobDole
09-30-2009, 11:49 PM
um ... really? i love berry but did you not see him fly 5 yards backwards and tebow fall 3 yards forwards? he made the tackle - with help - but he got absolutely USED on that play. should of posted the tackle he made in the backfield on tebow - or the pick. that was not a berry winning the battle play - at all.

JCane
09-30-2009, 11:53 PM
LMAO @ Eric Berry lasting until the middle of the first round.

BobDole
10-01-2009, 12:28 AM
LMAO @ Eric Berry lasting until the middle of the first round.

he'll be top 5 no doubt. 4 sounds about right.

Possum
10-01-2009, 12:29 AM
we might be able to get him then.
:foundout:

JCane
10-01-2009, 12:58 AM

If he goes 4th overall then three Genral managers should immediately be fired for passing on him. Matter of fact, all other General Managers should be fired as well for not trading up to get him after the first loser team passes on him.

It's Eric Berry all day everyday.

BobDole
10-01-2009, 01:08 AM
If he goes 4th overall then three Genral managers should immediately be fired for passing on him. Matter of fact, all other General Managers should be fired as well for not trading up to get him after the first loser team passes on him.

It's Eric Berry all day everyday.

oh i agree. but safeties don't get nabbed that quick - if ever. some jackass with serious QB problems will take a flier on a QB like bradford (God i hope it's not us), then some team that couldn't block a drunk baby will grab the best LT in the draft, then some stud DE will be taken by a team with 6 sacks on the season, then someone will luck into berry falling in their laps. usually about how it goes at least.

Possum
10-01-2009, 01:19 AM
oh i agree. but safeties don't get nabbed that quick - if ever. some jackass with serious QB problems will take a flier on a QB like bradford (God i hope it's not us), then some team that couldn't block a drunk baby will grab the best LT in the draft, then some stud DE will be taken by a team with 6 sacks on the season, then someone will luck into berry falling in their laps. usually about how it goes at least.
your not referencing to the raiders are you?

BobDole
10-01-2009, 01:21 AM
your not referencing to the raiders are you?

if it's a top 5 pick ... typically. they fit into every category as a matter of fact.

Possum
10-01-2009, 01:22 AM
if it's a top 5 pick ... typically. they fit into every category as a matter of fact.
hence the reason everyone should be happy we aren't raiders fans.

JCane
10-01-2009, 01:23 AM

If the Raiders are in the top 5 this season, I can almost guarantee they take Taylor Mays over Eric Berry simply because Mays is a physical freak and can bench press a Toyota. Taylor Mays is HALF the talent Eric Berry is.

Possum
10-01-2009, 01:25 AM
If the Raiders are in the top 5 this season, I can almost guarantee they take Taylor Mays over Eric Berry simply because Mays is a physical freak and can bench press a Toyota. Taylor Mays is HALF the talent Eric Berry is.
then we'll take berry and hope he doesn't pull a crabtree.

JCane
10-01-2009, 01:29 AM
then we'll take berry and hope he doesn't pull a crabtree.

Eric Berry will show Michael Crabtree why Michael Crabtree isn't worth the money he thinks he's worth on the football field.

BobDole
10-01-2009, 01:29 AM

mays will be good ... just not berry good. this draft has some very nice depth at the safety position. if there's a choice b/n the two - and the raiders are up - they'll make the wrong one 10 times out of 9. mays it is.

BobDole
10-01-2009, 01:32 AM
hence the reason everyone should be happy we aren't raiders fans.

always gotta look on the bright side. :up:

but if we were, at least we could lose looking like cross-dressing bikers.

Breed
10-01-2009, 10:01 AM
um ... really? i love berry but did you not see him fly 5 yards backwards and tebow fall 3 yards forwards? he made the tackle - with help - but he got absolutely USED on that play. should of posted the tackle he made in the backfield on tebow - or the pick. that was not a berry winning the battle play - at all.

The collision was a draw between Tebow and Berry. Did Tebow get the first down? That ought to tell you who won that particular battle.

Valandui
10-01-2009, 12:15 PM
I agree. The top QB in the draft will almost always go in the top five just by virtue of his being the top QB in the draft, not necessarily due to his being a top five or even top ten talent.

BobDole
10-01-2009, 12:42 PM
The collision was a draw between Tebow and Berry. Did Tebow get the first down? That ought to tell you who won that particular battle.

a draw? tebow fell forward 3 yards right around the first down line after 3 guys had to assist in the tackle and berry flew backwards about 5. he made the stop - with help - i'll give you that, but i wouldn't call it a draw.

just goes to show you how much respect tebow gets when that play b/n a safety and a QB could be considered a draw.

Possum
10-01-2009, 05:57 PM
always gotta look on the bright side. :up:

but if we were, at least we could lose looking like cross-dressing bikers.
that sounds better then being jimmy buffett groupies.

Roman529
10-01-2009, 08:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw6s6ompZ7w

If he comes out in next year's draft and we have a mid 1st round pick, we seriously need to get this guy. I have been watching him since he came to TN and this guy can hit!! He is always in there on every play, even special teams, he is very humble (I've met him and have a good friend that has class with him and is close friends with him), he is a natural leader, reads offenses and QBs very well. Mark my words, this kid is the best safety to come out of the draft since Sean Taylor. He is also a "football" guy. His uncle played football for UT too. I think this is one player that would actually be worth trading up to get. Just thought I'd post this and this video for all the Tim Tebow lovers who seem to ignore the fact that we have 3 young QB's on our roster who deserve a chance to see if they are our future and the glaring hole in our secondary

We could have Deion Sanders, Ronnie Lott, Ron Woodson and Troy Polamalu as our starting four d-backs and we would still not win without a good QB. QB's are ten times more important to a team then a defensive back....so we have 3 young qb's right now...so what????? If they are not any good we are not going to win. I love Eric Berry but he is a d-back and not more important then a franchise QB.

JCane
10-01-2009, 08:46 PM
We could have Deion Sanders, Ronnie Lott, Ron Woodson and Troy Polamalu as our starting four d-backs and we would still not win without a good QB. QB's are ten times more important to a team then a defensive back....so we have 3 young qb's right now...so what????? If they are not any good we are not going to win. I love Eric Berry but he is a d-back and not more important then a franchise QB.

Very true...but if you think Tim Tebow is a FRANCHISE NFL QB...

BobDole
10-02-2009, 12:18 AM
that sounds better then being jimmy buffett groupies.

i actually like buffett. eh, what can you do?

miamiron
10-03-2009, 04:31 PM
best player should be chosen 100% of the time...not positional needs