PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Thigpen......another bad decision!

Shubocsonk72
10-02-2009, 01:09 AM
So many QBs available! Father in law/son in law (family business?). Undisclosed draft........ummmmm, to embarrased to say? what the hell is going on???????

Shubocsonk72
10-02-2009, 01:11 AM
This is unreal!!!!!

Phinsfan210
10-02-2009, 01:30 AM
another bad decision? Say what you want but....in the trifecta i trust..period

TheDon74
10-02-2009, 01:31 AM
Who do you think we should have signed thats so much better then Thigpen?

tylerdolphin
10-02-2009, 01:33 AM
Yea, we could have gotten amazing QBs like Joey Harrington, Gus Frerotte, AJ Feeley, Andrew Walter or Brian Griese instead!

Shubocsonk72
10-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Jeff Garcia is available and would be a better back up for Henne. That is just naming one!

tylerdolphin
10-02-2009, 01:37 AM
Jeff Garcia is available and would be a better back up for Henne. That is just naming one!
1. I dont think he had been cut yet when we got Thigpen. I could be wrong on that.

2. Thigpen is young. Maybe they see a little future potential in him. Garcia is better now, but he doesnt have any potential for the future

Shubocsonk72
10-02-2009, 01:38 AM
Thigpen is another Joey Harrington, Gus Frerotte, AJ Feeley, Andrew Walter and or Brian Griese....back to those times again and again........

Shubocsonk72
10-02-2009, 01:44 AM
It would have been better to tryto negotiate a draft pick to Cleveland for Brady Quinn, he was benched by Mangini.

rickyfan85
10-02-2009, 01:44 AM
Provided that Chad Henne does not throw 6 interceptions the pick we exchange is probably going to be a 6th if Thigpen plays alot (or makes alot of big plays) or a 7th if he just does what everyone is expecting and be a worthy 3rd QB or situational player.

And btw, we have both of KC's 6 and 7 round picks so we wouldnt technically lose anything anyway. Those picks were for Ndukwe and some other backup. I liked ndukwe for what he was, but i never said he was anything special.

So to restate everything i just said:

Hell yes i want Thigpen here. He's a multi-faceted athelete and thats what this entire offense depends on most. Players able to assume different roles otherwise confusing defenses and giving us an advantage.
with alot of heart and 5 years experience, you couldnt ask for a better 2nd or 3rd string QB/utility player.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him at special teams.

I have no idea why you people are mad about this. I dont think this indicates in any way that thigpen is the future and its set in stone. Hell who knows he might be, you never know in this league.

tylerdolphin
10-02-2009, 01:45 AM
It would have been better to tryto negotiate a draft pick to Cleveland for Brady Quinn, he was benched by Mangini.
:lol:
Yea, lets shell out a 1st rounder for Quinn. Much better than a late pick for Thigpen. You should be out GM

tylerdolphin
10-02-2009, 01:48 AM
Thigpen is another Joey Harrington, Gus Frerotte, AJ Feeley, Andrew Walter and or Brian Griese....back to those times again and again........
You act like we signed the guy to be our savior. We know those other guys blow. Maybe Thigpen blows, but we invested a small amount to get him and he may have a little potential. Why be upset about that? Explain to me how we would have been better off signing Joey Harrington.

endorPHINS72
10-02-2009, 01:53 AM

What have you been smoking? Garcia is old and hasn't been good in years. Plus, the only success he's had in the NFL has been playing in the West Coast Offense, which we don't run.

CitizenSnips
10-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Thigpen was a good move.

Shubocsonk72
10-02-2009, 01:54 AM
Pro three years Thigpen in 11 games - 18 touch downs - 12 interceptions.......Hellooo! We can not be putting all our eggs in one basket (wild cat) Pat White.....what a waste of a draft pick.......nobody does the wild cat better than Ronnie anyways....

Shubocsonk72
10-02-2009, 01:57 AM
At this moment we need somebody with the experience and leadership to help us through the season......we do not have that.

CitizenSnips
10-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Pro three years Thigpen in 11 games - 18 touch downs - 12 interceptions.......Hellooo! We can not be putting all our eggs in one basket (wild cat) Pat White.....what a waste of a draft pick.......nobody does the wild cat better than Ronnie anyways....

well it already happened. so you can either accept and root for them as dolphins or bitterly hope for them to fail to prove you're smarter than the guys getting paid to make these decisions.

tylerdolphin
10-02-2009, 01:58 AM
OK dude...we get that Thigpen isnt Peyton Manning. Honestly, we do. Now name me one QB on the market who could perform any better than Thigpen if Henne were to get hurt? And the guy is young. Maybe he develops into a good backup.

tylerdolphin
10-02-2009, 02:00 AM
At this moment we need somebody with the experience and leadership to help us through the season......we do not have that.
I dont know if you realized it yet or not, but this season is over. We are not going to contend. We dont need an experienced QB. Pennington can help the young QBs

CitizenSnips
10-02-2009, 02:00 AM

We did that last year and it got us completely destroyed in the playoffs. We need to try somethign else in hopes of being a better team down the road. Hopefully that somethings Henne. But, god forbid, Henne could get hurt just like anyone else.

Shubocsonk72
10-02-2009, 02:08 AM
I do apologized......I am just blowing smoke, I just hate to see our team year after year and just last season I thought we were getting somewhere but now it seems we are reggresing once again. I do thank you all for your comments.....thank you all. (I do know you share my pain)

endorPHINS72
10-02-2009, 02:19 AM
I do apologized......I am just blowing smoke, I just hate to see our team year after year and just last season I thought we were getting somewhere but now it seems we are reggresing once again. I do thank you all for your comments.....thank you all. (I do know you share my pain)

It's frustrating. I hear where you're coming from. Let's just see how things play out a little before making a decision.

LtDan
10-02-2009, 02:20 AM
So many QBs available! Father in law/son in law (family business?). Undisclosed draft........ummmmm, to embarrased to say? what the hell is going on???????
*yawn*

etsudolfan
10-02-2009, 02:22 AM
like Miller Lite, Thiggy was a good call

72champagne
10-02-2009, 02:54 AM
there isn't a quarterback in the league they could have acquired with reasonable compensation that i would have wanted, more than Thigpen.

kud
10-02-2009, 03:00 AM
*yawn*

That says it all for this thread.

Schmiggs
10-02-2009, 07:38 AM
have any of you seen Thigpen play? He is not awful by any means. If Henne doesn't make the push he could be a legitimate starter in this league.

dlockz
10-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Thigpen i nothing special but webasically gave up some backup linemen for a backup qb, so what do u expect

syborg
10-02-2009, 07:51 AM
I like the Thigpen move personally. . he is young, shows good potential , is mobile as his All Star RB staus from high school shows. . he has an arm and did great last year why the hell KC threw money at Cassell and relegated him to 3rd place behind Croyle is madness.
I dont think we have seen all Thigpen has to offer just yet and as much as I hope Henne does well I would like to see Thigpen about wk 7 or 8 for a spell too.

fatkirstyalley
10-02-2009, 07:53 AM
I think this is a"I want people to respond to me" thread. There is no merit or meat to this at all. Anyone who is calling Chad Henne a bust and Thigpen a mistake is either so jaded by past moves that Everything is a mistake or are simply dont watch football. We dont know the answer to either question.

dlockz
10-02-2009, 07:55 AM
I like the Thigpen move personally. . he is young, shows good potential , is mobile as his All Star RB staus from high school shows. . he has an arm and did great last year why the hell KC threw money at Cassell and relegated him to 3rd place behind Croyle is madness.
I dont think we have seen all Thigpen has to offer just yet and as much as I hope Henne does well I would like to see Thigpen about wk 7 or 8 for a spell too.

Because he has seen Cassel for a few years and knows what he is getting from Cassel. Personally no other team wanted to make Thigpen thier starter so why would KC be any differant. Teams were not knockin down the door for him with awesome offers. We got him for almost nothing. JVille had a chance to trade for him and too McCown instead, in fact O Connel was actually traded for while Thigpen was available. Hey Im glad we got a guy that should be a solid backup but obviously no scouts or gms are enamoured with the thought of Thigpen as thier potential starter,

syborg
10-02-2009, 08:01 AM
Because he has seen Cassel for a few years and knows what he is getting from Cassel. Personally no other team wanted to make Thigpen thier starter so why would KC be any differant. Teams were not knockin down the door for him with awesome offers. We got him for almost nothing. JVille had a chance to trade for him and too McCown instead, in fact O Connel was actually traded for while Thigpen was available. Hey Im glad we got a guy that should be a solid backup but obviously no scouts or gms are enamoured with the thought of Thigpen as thier potential starter,

I dont see how he had seen Cassel for years when I believe Cassel hadnt played a game since college and everybody was wondering about him last year and how he would perform. .he was as I recall a suprise to everyone which is why (as Anderson was the year before) he was offered a contract. . look how Anderson turned out. . Cassel has yet to prove that last year was not a fluke..

One prob with the NFL these days is how quick they are to jump all over a good year performance and offer big money only to be let down later on. . patience I was taught is a virtue. .

dlockz
10-02-2009, 08:06 AM
I dont see how he had seen Cassel for years when I believe Cassel hadnt played a game since college and everybody was wondering about him last year and how he would perform. .he was as I recall a suprise to everyone which is why (as Anderson was the year before) he was offered a contract. . look how Anderson turned out. . Cassel has yet to prove that last year was not a fluke..

One prob with the NFL these days is how quick they are to jump all over a good year performance and offer big money only to be let down later on. . patience I was taught is a virtue. .

Pioli has seen Cassel in practice everyday for a few years so he had alot more info in him than anyone else. Cassel not starting in college had alot more to do with the talent on USC's roster than him not being good. Some great college qb;s would be sitting the bench if they went to the wrong school. Cassel was drafted in 2005 and would have been a free agent next year. It would be quite crazy to trade a high pick for him and take the risk of a team stealin him in free agency. I would take Cassel any day over Thigpen but thats just my opinion.

Batroc
10-02-2009, 08:12 AM

Two things to take into account here:

1.) At this point, Thigpen was signed to be Henne's backup. If Henne does falter, then I'd wait to see what happens before labeling the move a total disaster.

2.) Like someone else said already, Quinn has been nothing but a bust so far in Cleveland . I'd rather have the guy that's proven that he can play in the NFL over the one who looks like a deer in the headlights when he goes out there. Have some faith.

dlockz
10-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Two things to take into account here:

1.) At this point, Thigpen was signed to be Henne's backup. If Henne does falter, then I'd wait to see what happens before labeling the move a total disaster.

2.) Like someone else said already, Quinn has been nothing but a bust so far in Cleveland . I'd rather have the guy that's proven that he can play in the NFL over the one who looks like a deer in the headlights when he goes out there. Have some faith.

Not to mention Quinn still has alot of trade value, Thigpen was got virtually free. I also think we dont want to send a message to Henne that we dont have fiath in him. If we traded for a high profile guy, you know fans would be calling for the guy behind him at first bad play

Vaark
10-02-2009, 08:21 AM

The main difference between Brady Quinn and John Beck is that Quinn have been given much more time and opportunity to become a failure.. Quinn sucked when we along with 21 other teams passed on him and nothing's changed. I'd rather try to convince Jeff George to come out of retirement than trade anything for Brady Quinn thank you.

syborg
10-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Pioli has seen Cassel in practice everyday for a few years so he had alot more info in him than anyone else. Cassel not starting in college had alot more to do with the talent on USC's roster than him not being good. Some great college qb;s would be sitting the bench if they went to the wrong school. Cassel was drafted in 2005 and would have been a free agent next year. It would be quite crazy to trade a high pick for him and take the risk of a team stealin him in free agency. I would take Cassel any day over Thigpen but thats just my opinion.

Fair point but then Cassel was not free Thigpen was. . and as I say we have not seen all there is from Thigpen just yet. .

dlockz
10-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Fair point but then Cassel was not free Thigpen was. . and as I say we have not seen all there is from Thigpen just yet. .
'

differance is thier gm and coach did not see Thigpen as a starter. They then aquired a guy they felt would be a good starter. Thigpen may prove them wrong at some point but no team till now came talking trade and we were not trying to aquire him as a starter.

Buff
10-02-2009, 09:00 AM

hahahahahaha.

Your'e kidding, right? We have been down this road so many times, it's got more milage than the 'John beck sux' threads.

Brady Quinn will be another Andrew Walter, Griese, Harrington, Feeley etc etc.

Negotiate a draft pick for someone who has been BENCHED at Cleveland. thats called 'scraping underneath the bottom of the barrell.

No no no no no....

dlockz
10-02-2009, 09:09 AM
The main difference between Brady Quinn and John Beck is that Quinn have been given much more time and opportunity to become a failure.. Quinn sucked when we along with 21 other teams passed on him and nothing's changed. I'd rather try to convince Jeff George to come out of retirement than trade anything for Brady Quinn thank you.

Another differance too is that the new coach gave up on Beck without even getting a draft pick in return. Quinn still is with the team and supposedly still had trade value. At this point neither player seems like they will justify being drafted early. I wouldnt trade any high pick for Quinn either since it makes no sense when we have a pretty good prospect in Henne. Mangini has been beyond idiotic with his handling of his qb's in Cleveland. Let me see you go thorugh all presseason then make a decision like game day. Then you pull the plug in the middle of game three and the backup is worse. Then you put the players in limbo for a few days and change qb's to a guy that threw three interceptions in a half. Qb play has not been good but the defense was a much bigger problem.

Vaark
10-02-2009, 09:10 AM
hahahahahaha.

Your'e kidding, right? We have been down this road so many times, it's got more milage than the 'John beck sux' threads.

Brady Quinn will be another Andrew Walter, Griese, Harrington, Feeley etc etc.

Negotiate a draft pick for someone who has been BENCHED at Cleveland. thats called 'scraping underneath the bottom of the barrell.

No no no no no....

On the Browns boards they're calling him "Charlie Frye Jr"

MP-Omnis
10-02-2009, 09:14 AM
I love how this site is such a sounding board for young dolfans with serious insecurities about things that have nothing to do with them. Thigpen is a backup, dude. Don't get your face in a knot.

Glad other members here have turned this whining thread into something at least a little more constructive.

Vaark
10-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Another differance too is that the new coach gave up on Beck without even getting a draft pick in return. Quinn still is with the team and supposedly still had trade value. At this point neither player seems like they will justify being drafted early. I wouldnt trade any high pick for Quinn either since it makes no sense when we have a pretty good prospect in Henne. Mangini has been beyond idiotic with his handling of his qb's in Cleveland. Let me see you go thorugh all presseason then make a decision like game day. Then you pull the plug in the middle of game three and the backup is worse. Then you put the players in limbo for a few days and change qb's to a guy that threw three interceptions in a half. Qb play has not been good but the defense was a much bigger problem.

I have no doubt that had it been Quinn thrown into the 07 maelstrom instead of Beck, the results would have been similar, his attitude would have been worse and there'd be "Quinn sux" depth threads still breathing in the Depths long after Parcells kicked him to the curb in exchange for some shiny baubles and a few old copies of Playboy. At this point, Quinn's proven nothing more than Beck, had more to work with and more time to improve. The only difference between the two of them right now is about 12 draft positions. If in the unlikely event that Quinn becomes a serviceable QB in the future, it only means we gave up on Beck too soon.

miamiron
10-02-2009, 09:19 AM
another bad decision? Say what you want but....in the trifecta i trust..period

That is quite the blanket statement
trust 100%=BLIND TRUST

NO ONE ON EARTH CAN BE TRUSTED 100%
sorry all humans lie and all humans make mistakes

Good luck with the blind trust thing but get ready to be disappointed through your future

dlockz
10-02-2009, 09:22 AM
I have no doubt that had it been Quinn thrown into the 07 maelstrom instead of Beck, the results would have been similar, his attitude would have been worse and there'd be "Quinn sux" depth threads still breathing in the Depths long after Parcells kicked him to the curb in exchange for some shiny baubles and a few old copies of Playboy. At this point, Quinn's proven nothing more than Beck, had more to work with and more time to improve. The only difference between the two of them right now is about 12 draft positions. If in the unlikely event that Quinn becomes a serviceable QB in the future, it only means we gave up on Beck too soon.

Well like I said Quinn at least still has some trade value although that may be drying up quick. I still would liked to have seen what Quinn would have done although I agree he has not been good so far. 6 games or 4 games neither qb has played enough to say they can never be good.

dlockz
10-02-2009, 09:23 AM
That is quite the blanket statement
trust 100%=BLIND TRUST

NO ONE ON EARTH CAN BE TRUSTED 100%
sorry all humans lie and all humans make mistakes

Good luck with the blind trust thing but get ready to be disappointed through your future

Im sure Glazer trusted Parcells as he screwed over the bucs .

syborg
10-02-2009, 09:24 AM
'

differance is thier gm and coach did not see Thigpen as a starter. They then aquired a guy they felt would be a good starter. Thigpen may prove them wrong at some point but no team till now came talking trade and we were not trying to aquire him as a starter.

I think there must be chemistry issues. . I know we have Thigpen as a back up but he looked good last year and deserves (on that performance) a start role. . I think the KC GM etc are being Homers with Cassel. .
Anyway he is a back up here in Miami. . I think he is a good choice and we could have done far worse. .

FinsFan74
10-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Jeff Garcia is available and would be a better back up for Henne. That is just naming one!So we should sign an aging vet that may be around a year as opposed to a younger qb? I don't know about everyone else, but I'm tired of getting stop gap qb's that stick around for a year, then leave or get injured and we're back to square one

Wadeshow
10-02-2009, 09:43 AM
I really can't understand what all the rage is about a backup QB who everyone should know will not play unless Henne gets injured. Even then who knows Pat White might go in beacuse he knows the system better.

now everyone that is saying we are regressing has to understand that last year we had a easy schedule, we got lucky in the injury department, many factors play into a season and so far in this one our OC is just getting to old and senile, harder sched and we have injuries.

So repeat this over and over until you get it. "The Miami Dolphins starting Quarterback is Chad Henne we are still rebuilding and we need to fire Dan Henning at the end of the year." ok if all you crazy doomish people keep repeating this you might actually relax and see the light.