21 Nebraska 3-1 333 23
22 Georgia Tech 4-1 311 25
23 South Florida 5-0 238 NR
24 Missouri 4-0 215 NR
25 South Carolina 4-1 200 NR

Rafiki
10-06-2009, 05:42 PM
How does Oklahoma stay in the top 20?

They fail every test on their schedule, then go on to lose BCS bowls.

The BCS system is crap.

kpcane
10-06-2009, 06:38 PM
How is Miami not ahead of Boise? We've beaten as many ranked BCS opponents this year than they have over the past 4 years.

CedarPhin
10-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Boise was ranked higher than us, and they've done nothing that warrants them dropping down.

Had we beaten VT, you'd probably have a good case, and we probably would have jumped them..but at this point, they're undefeated, we're not.

kpcane
10-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Boise was ranked higher than us, and they've done nothing that warrants them dropping down.

Had we beaten VT, you'd probably have a good case, and we probably would have jumped them..but at this point, they're undefeated, we're not.

I didn't say they had to drop down, we should just be ahead of them. Interesting you say that though, because Boise actually did drop down one spot in favor of a one-loss team.

The rest of that would make a lick of sense if we weren't already ahead of 5 undefeated BCS teams, just on the top 25. And those guys actually play real teams. Iowa beat Penn State on the road, and they aren't ahead of Boise? That game wasn't the first game of the season either.

CedarPhin
10-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech lost the first week of the year, and we just got raped two weeks ago.

kpcane
10-06-2009, 10:03 PM
New argument?

Rafiki
10-07-2009, 12:16 AM
How is Miami not ahead of Boise? We've beaten as many ranked BCS opponents this year than they have over the past 4 years.

You lost, or you would be.

Florida State and Oklahoma are both not very good ranked teams to win, either. Oregon winning helps Boise, while Florida State and Oklahoma losing hurts Miami.

Rafiki
10-07-2009, 12:22 AM
I didn't say they had to drop down, we should just be ahead of them. Interesting you say that though, because Boise actually did drop down one spot in favor of a one-loss team.

The rest of that would make a lick of sense if we weren't already ahead of 5 undefeated BCS teams, just on the top 25. And those guys actually play real teams. Iowa beat Penn State on the road, and they aren't ahead of Boise? That game wasn't the first game of the season either.

Iowa had a damn close game with a FCS team, and Penn State was overrated/untested. That hurts their perception with coaches and the AP. I am not sure where they're ranked on the unofficial BCS computers.

As for real teams, I'd love to see anyone in the ACC try to beat Oregon. Teams in your division are losing to FCS teams and you want to talk about real teams.

TedSlimmJr
10-07-2009, 01:57 AM
Iowa had a damn close game with a FCS team, and Penn State was overrated/untested. That hurts their perception with coaches and the AP. I am not sure where they're ranked on the unofficial BCS computers.

As for real teams, I'd love to see anyone in the ACC try to beat Oregon. Teams in your division are losing to FCS teams and you want to talk about real teams.

Not to take either either side here....but this is obviously accurate...

Listen...before the season, Miami's first 4 games looked a lot more brutal on paper than how it actually played out....

The "win" over FSU in which Miami barely scraped by that could've went either way in the final seconds isn't as impressive as it first seemed....there's some issues in Tallahassee....

They beat a good GT team....

Absolutely hammered in every fashion by VT....

And won at home by 1 point to what is now a 2 loss team without it's Heisman Trophy winning quarterback and best TE in the country....

Miami had their chance to prove they were a legitimate top 5 team and they didn't do it....because they're not a top 5 team.....but to go 3-1 through that 4 game stretch is a nice accomplishment for a young team...

Boise on the other hand....plays nobody after Oregon....and just got finished looking less than spectacular against a glorified high school team...

I also watched the Boise/Fresno St. game in which they let Ryan Matthews rip off 70 yard run after 70 yard run after 70 yard run....that didn't impress me either...

I think Miami is a better team than Boise....with better players and better athletes....plays MUCH better defense....etc....

But there was no way for Miami to pass Boise after losing to VT badly and as long as Boise keeps stays *ahem* undefeated....:lol:

All that would do is prove how truly meaningless the preseason polls before anyone has played a game really is.....

However, if the first poll was to come out now....I believe there's a good chance Miami would be ranked ahead of Boise...

That Oregon team that took the field against Boise in week 1 isn't the Oregon team that's playing now.... it would be interesting to see those two teams play now....

And I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell that Boise would go 3-1 through the 4 game stretch that Miami played...

The bottom line is that if the teams from the MWC, WAC, etc. that go undefeated every year in those joke conferences want to be taken seriously....they need to start playing some BCS teams on the road....

Make a few trips down to SEC land like Boise did when they got blown out in Georgia a few years ago.....or like the undefeated Hawaii team got blown out in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia...etc..

I know Utah beat an uninterested Bama team without it's all world left tackle last year....and Boise snuck by Oklahoma a few years ago by a point in the "Statue of Liberty" Bowl....

...but it's easy for the underdog to get up for ONE game in the post season after a month layoff...

It's a lot different to be tested week in and week out against smashmouth football teams....

kpcane
10-07-2009, 08:55 AM

You don't think Miami or Va Tech would beat Oregon?

Secondly, the FSU win was a HUGE win. They are a big, fast, strong team, and if they completed that last pass, who's to say that we wouldn't have been able to recover and gone 0-4? They had that huge win at BYU, and it's not like USF and BC are bad teams. I would put money down on them doing to Boise what they did to BYU.

But people want to keep talking about the worst teams in our conference. Whatever....we just beat one of the top 3 teams of this decade from the Big 12, so you all can suck it.

Rafiki
10-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Not to take either either side here....but this is obviously accurate...

Listen...before the season, Miami's first 4 games looked a lot more brutal on paper than how it actually played out....

The "win" over FSU in which Miami barely scraped by that could've went either way in the final seconds isn't as impressive as it first seemed....there's some issues in Tallahassee....

They beat a good GT team....

Absolutely hammered in every fashion by VT....

And won at home by 1 point to what is now a 2 loss team without it's Heisman Trophy winning quarterback and best TE in the country....

Miami had their chance to prove they were a legitimate top 5 team and they didn't do it....because they're not a top 5 team.....but to go 3-1 through that 4 game stretch is a nice accomplishment for a young team...

Boise on the other hand....plays nobody after Oregon....and just got finished looking less than spectacular against a glorified high school team...

I also watched the Boise/Fresno St. game in which they let Ryan Matthews rip off 70 yard run after 70 yard run after 70 yard run....that didn't impress me either...

I think Miami is a better team than Boise....with better players and better athletes....plays MUCH better defense....etc....

But there was no way for Miami to pass Boise after losing to VT badly and as long as Boise keeps stays *ahem* undefeated....:lol:

All that would do is prove how truly meaningless the preseason polls before anyone has played a game really is.....

However, if the first poll was to come out now....I believe there's a good chance Miami would be ranked ahead of Boise...

That Oregon team that took the field against Boise in week 1 isn't the Oregon team that's playing now.... it would be interesting to see those two teams play now....

And I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell that Boise would go 3-1 through the 4 game stretch that Miami played...

The bottom line is that if the teams from the MWC, WAC, etc. that go undefeated every year in those joke conferences want to be taken seriously....they need to start playing some BCS teams on the road....

Make a few trips down to SEC land like Boise did when they got blown out in Georgia a few years ago.....or like the undefeated Hawaii team got blown out in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia...etc..

I know Utah beat an uninterested Bama team without it's all world left tackle last year....and Boise snuck by Oklahoma a few years ago by a point in the "Statue of Liberty" Bowl....

...but it's easy for the underdog to get up for ONE game in the post season after a month layoff...

It's a lot different to be tested week in and week out against smashmouth football teams....

This argument is the same verbatim each year.

"Oregon or Oregon State isn't the same team later in the season that Boise State demolished earlier"- This is a pathetic argument. Oregon saw the Boise State game as the most important on their schedule. They circled the date after they lost last year. Masoli said that they were going to bring it to Boise; Blount said that they owed Boise an asswhoopin'. There is no way they were unprepared: they were simply outclassed.

"Boise snuck past Oklahoma"- Not only did they not sneak past Oklahoma, they dominated Oklahoma until the fourth quarter. Poor quarterback play let them back in the game, along with a turnover on a punt return.

"Utah beat an uninterested Alabama"- They beat a top five team, period. I am amazed that this argument comes up whenever a non-BCS team beats a top ranked BCS team. It's as if there is no possible way that Utah could have beat Alabama, if only Alabama had showed up--what about all those predictions before the game that 'Bama would smash Utah.

"Boise needs to play BCS teams on the road"- You think they don't try? They signed a home-and-home with Oregon, and won both times! What kind of message do you think that sends to the BCS schools who feel they have a reputation to protect? The truth of the matter is, BCS schools DON'T WANT TO PLAY BOISE STATE.

Next season, Boise State plays Virginia Tech at FedEx field in October. Maybe if Boise wins, everyone will say that Virginia Tech was uninterested, or not the same team as when they play BCS teams, amirite? I'm waiting for this excuse.

Rafiki
10-07-2009, 12:11 PM
You don't think Miami or Va Tech would beat Oregon?

Secondly, the FSU win was a HUGE win. They are a big, fast, strong team, and if they completed that last pass, who's to say that we wouldn't have been able to recover and gone 0-4? They had that huge win at BYU, and it's not like USF and BC are bad teams. I would put money down on them doing to Boise what they did to BYU.

But people want to keep talking about the worst teams in our conference. Whatever....we just beat one of the top 3 teams of this decade from the Big 12, so you all can suck it.

Nope, I don't think Miami would beat Oregon. Va Tech might have a chance.

And congratulations on beating Oklahoma. Too bad a non-BCS team took them down first, but there's probably an excuse for that-right?

kpcane
10-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Nope, I don't think Miami would beat Oregon. Va Tech might have a chance.

And congratulations on beating Oklahoma. Too bad a non-BCS team took them down first, but there's probably an excuse for that-right?

I can't speak for Oklahoma before they played us. I mean you're missing the point if you think that Sam Bradford getting injured, and the backup playing his first game ever did NOT make a difference in that game. I mean look what happened to BYU when they played FSU. I'm not saying that Oklahoma automatically wins if Bradford doesn't get injured, or if Landry Jones had been practicing with the first team all offseason, because it's impossible to say. Just like I can't say that we'd beat Oklahoma if Bradford was playing.

And yes, we would kill Oregon. They lost to Boise. And almost lost to Purdue. Get outta here. It's a different brand of football on the east coast. For example, look at what Stanford's been doing to the Pac 10. This is a team that lost to Wake Forest. Maybe if you guys manned up and started playing some real teams from the SEC/ACC, you'd see what I'm talking about.

And a little off topic - but I think the ACC has jumped ahead of the Big 12 now after wins over Oklahoma and Nebraska.

kpcane
10-07-2009, 12:57 PM
The truth of the matter is, BCS schools DON'T WANT TO PLAY BOISE STATE.

Next season, Boise State plays Virginia Tech at FedEx field in October. Maybe if Boise wins, everyone will say that Virginia Tech was uninterested, or not the same team as when they play BCS teams, amirite? I'm waiting for this excuse.

The first point - that's not true at all. Look at Louisville and USF. Great examples of how to get your program started. If Boise wants to play Miami, please, PLEASE schedule us. I'm sure we'd be more than happy.

If Boise beats Va Tech there will be no excuses. That's a perfect matchup, on the road, against a great opponent. That's all we've been asking for. Well maybe a couple more tough teams each year. One hard game per year doesn't really make for a tough season.

Namor
10-07-2009, 05:52 PM

Dude..
I'm not a kpcane or ACC fan...but Oregon blows....as most of the Pac-10.
Week after week playing in the SEC.or even the ACC is more than what
Boise St or teams like Oregon could handle.

kpcane
10-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Wow...that's a tiny bit of respect for the ACC from you Namor....thanks man.

CedarPhin
10-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Oregon may be in a bit of trouble with Masoli being out.

Namor
10-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Wow...that's a tiny bit of respect for the ACC from you Namor....thanks man.

Actually,I'm more pro-SEC than anti-ACC.
Really,I like the Canes more than the ACC.
I will admit that the ACC is getting stronger overall,not up to the SEC,
but stronger.
What's happening in the ACC has been happening to the SEC for years.
It's becoming a meat grinder,teams beating each other up...and that
hurts the top teams strength of schedule.Something Boise St. doesn't
have to deal with.
Look at this weeks Fla. St /Ga. tech game. This game is just about a no win situation for the canes.If Ga. tech wins,it hurts Miami's win at Fla. St.
If Fla. State wins if hurts Miami's win at GA.tech.Miami hasn't done anything wrong,but because the teams that they beat are eating ea. other up,Miami's S of S slips.It means even in a tough conf,you have to
go undefeated or have 1 loss and some help or your out of the Nat'l
championship picture.

Rafiki
10-08-2009, 01:47 PM
If Boise beats Va Tech there will be no excuses. That's a perfect matchup, on the road, against a great opponent. That's all we've been asking for. Well maybe a couple more tough teams each year. One hard game per year doesn't really make for a tough season.

Somehow I doubt that there won't be excuses. If there's something the east coast will never recognize, it's that Boise State is actually a good program. If they win, it'll be because Virginia Tech was looking past them or because of 'trickeration'.

You watch and see.

Rafiki
10-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Dude..
I'm not a kpcane or ACC fan...but Oregon blows....as most of the Pac-10.
Week after week playing in the SEC.or even the ACC is more than what
Boise St or teams like Oregon could handle.

That's your opinion. If Oregon beats USC on Halloween, I'm sure you'll still have the same opinion. If Oregon beats any opponent from the SEC or otherwise in a BCS bowl, I'm sure you'll still, even in the face of evidence to the contrary, have the same opinion.

There's no convincing people like you. You still have the presumption that "big-time" east coast BCS programs are better because of talent and reputation, completely disregarding coaching and team chemistry. The obvious parity in college football is beyond the east coast's ability to comprehend.

Namor
10-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Rafiki
I actually feel Boise State is a solid program.
They remind me of Fla. State of 25 years ago.I just don't think they play the weekly
grind of a SEC or ACC.
They can beat a big boy school every now and then,but to take that next step,they
need to schedule 2 or 3 BIG boys in a year and beat them or have a great showing
(Oregon doesn't count to us SEC fans)
To get the big boys to play you,you may not be able to get a home and home situation with them.You may need to take several away games to play them and give
up that home game revenue...Thats what is hard to do.
Just my thought.

Namor
10-08-2009, 02:08 PM
That's your opinion. If Oregon beats USC on Halloween, I'm sure you'll still have the same opinion. If Oregon beats any opponent from the SEC or otherwise in a BCS bowl, I'm sure you'll still, even in the face of evidence to the contrary, have the same opinion.

There's no convincing people like you. You still have the presumption that "big-time" east coast BCS programs are better because of talent and reputation, completely disregarding coaching and team chemistry. The obvious parity in college football is beyond the east coast's ability to comprehend.

My opinion is anybody can beat anybody in a one game situation.
My thing is the week to week grind.

Rafiki
10-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Rafiki
I actually feel Boise State is a solid program.
They remind me of Fla. State of 25 years ago.I just don't think they play the weekly
grind of a SEC or ACC.
They can beat a big boy school every now and then,but to take that next step,they
need to schedule 2 or 3 BIG boys in a year and beat them or have a great showing
(Oregon doesn't count to us SEC fans)
To get the big boys to play you,you may not be able to get a home and home situation with them.You may need to take several away games to play them and give
up that home game revenue...Thats what is hard to do.
Just my thought.

It takes two to tango. Hopefully schools start believing the Boise State is overrated and try to schedule them as much as Boise State tries. Believe it or not, the Athletic Director of Boise State has given up trying to schedule home-and-home meetings because schools flat-out refuse to go to Boise.

So it's one sided now, Boise IS looking to schedule away games with bigger programs (hence the Virginia Tech game) even though no school would like to return the favor.

Namor
10-08-2009, 02:39 PM
It takes two to tango. Hopefully schools start believing the Boise State is overrated and try to schedule them as much as Boise State tries. Believe it or not, the Athletic Director of Boise State has given up trying to schedule home-and-home meetings because schools flat-out refuse to go to Boise.

So it's one sided now, Boise IS looking to schedule away games with bigger programs (hence the Virginia Tech game) even though no school would like to return the favor.

Take Alabama for example..Bryant-Denny is a 102,000 seat stadium.
Boise st's stadium holds,what 32,000 maybe.
Where's the money at for Alabama to give Boise St. a home and home
series?What I'm saying is Boise State is going to have give up home game
revenue and go on the road to play the big boys.The big boys will not
go out of conferance to that small a stadium.
It's not about thinking Boise State is overrated or that they are scared to
play Boise...it's Money.

Rafiki
10-08-2009, 05:45 PM
play Boise...it's Money.

So let me get this straight.

The established point of view is that Boise State plays a weak schedule.

If Boise State wants to change this view they are dependent on larger universities accepting games at their stadium, at the expense of in-state rivalries, cupcake games, and big money games.

But it's Boise State's fault? They should just try harder to schedule teams? Maybe beg a little louder?

To me it seems like a lot of the big conferences like the status quo. Why would they want to have Boise come to their stadium and have a chance to beat them?

They're better off scheduling in-state rivals and cupcakes, and keeping Boise State in the basement where they can say they have a weak schedule. Then they can use that excuse to deny them the BCS bowls.

Sounds about right to me.

Namor
10-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Bama now at #2...
Looks like another #1 vs #2 ..Fla. vs Bama
in the SECCG...the real national title game.

kpcane
10-11-2009, 04:05 PM
The SECCG is certainly less arbitrary than the BCS, so you may have a point. I still think USC was the best team in the country last year, and never understood why they were the odd man out.

But anyway, what the hell do I know, but Alabama looks to be a far better team than Florida. I was much more impressed with the Ole miss/bama game, than the LSU/Florida game. I think FSU will give Florida a run for their money, but Bama should knock them out.

BobDole
10-11-2009, 06:34 PM
The SECCG is certainly less arbitrary than the BCS, so you may have a point. I still think USC was the best team in the country last year, and never understood why they were the odd man out.

But anyway, what the hell do I know, but Alabama looks to be a far better team than Florida. I was much more impressed with the Ole miss/bama game, than the LSU/Florida game. I think FSU will give Florida a run for their money, but Bama should knock them out.

yeah, we're not as showy as we were last year with harvin and murphy - and for some reason we played really conservative against tennessee and LSU. but we were still second in the nation as of yesterday in scoring at 48 points a game - and our D is just off the wall great.

we're going to blow FSU out by the way. they are absolute garbage on D and the offense won't put up 17 points on us. kind of sucks too b/c i always look forward to that being a good game. not this year man.

bama is a much better team, huh? well let's see. we have the best QB and running game in the country. the D's are both equally stellar - hard to say which one is better - but i know the gators will have more guys go in the first round this year. the only edge bama has on the gators is at WR - b/c julio jones is way better than cooper - our best WR. and DT with cody - but i consider that a wash too b/c haden is the best CB in the country.

once again - surprise surprise - the SEC title game will be the national championship game - as it was last year and as it will be many times in the future. florida and bama are by far the best teams in the country and we'll find out who is the better group in atlanta in a few months. it's gonna be a great game - can't wait.

kpcane
10-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I will give you the Florida D. They looked to be big, fast, and strong yesterday. But their offense didn't impress me in the least bit. I could care less how many points they put up against Troy and the other scrubs they played the first few weeks. How many points did they put up against Miami? Oh, still afraid to play us? Got ya.

You're really underestimating Florida State. Christian Ponder is the real deal back there. The D might be suspect right now, but I really think they're going to give Florida a game this year. Not saying they'll beat them, but they'll give them a game this year.

I don't know if Bama is beater, I'm just saying they look better. They deserve to be #1 based on their schedule. LSU really hasn't done anything this year, whereas Bama beat a pretty good Va Tech team that has beaten Miami and Nebraska already.

Again, the SEC title game can be called the national title game if you want. I mean, they call the BCS game the title game, and it's based on who some writers and computers like. The SEC winner will likely get some layup like they always do in the title game, while the best teams will be at home. And then the cycle will continue about how the SEC is the best. This year it may be the two best teams, but acting like it's always the best two teams just shows someone to be a media lapdog and a homer.

Awsi Dooger
10-11-2009, 08:20 PM
The midsection of the SEC is absolute mush this year. I remember posting that about a month ago, when someone suggested it was too strenuous to go unbeaten in the SEC. That may have been true when the conference was 3-6 deep but this year it's only 2, and that has been obvious all year. The rest of the teams are either laughably imbalanced due to personnel deficiencies, and/or going through identity crisis, trying to move to more physical, like Tennessee, or less physical, like Auburn.

Right now the SEC's reputation is far beyond reality. It's laughable that Mississippi and LSU ever reached #4 in the nation, given the true level of those teams.

In the old days I didn't mind the teams that scheduled nothing but patsies in non conference. They were subject to subjective scrutiny and the terrific bowl tie in system allowed multiple possibilities toward the national champ, dominoes tumbling everywhere on New Year's Day. But this era has convinced me we need a playoff. There is no way one bowl game should be isolated as the only outlet for the eventual champion, not when so few legit hurdles are faced en route to that game. Florida's schedule this year is basically a few games, and that applies to others like Penn State also.

BTW, it's nonsense to denounce the Pac 10. That conference has tons of athletes, and that shows up in every head to head long term evaluation. Hardly a surprise that UCLA, even in a down period, swept Tennessee last year and this year, home and road. I can't count how many times I've won major bets backing the Pac 10 as underdogs in non conference. The teams in that conference often give up big points so that brands the conference as softer than it really is. The SEC would have hell if it faced the Pac 10 every year in a series of games among equally rated teams.

I believe Vanderbilt was runner up to Army yesterday.

Namor
10-11-2009, 08:39 PM
The midsection of the SEC is absolute mush this year. I remember posting that about a month ago, when someone suggested it was too strenuous to go unbeaten in the SEC. That may have been true when the conference was 3-6 deep but this year it's only 2, and that has been obvious all year. The rest of the teams are either laughably imbalanced due to personnel deficiencies, and/or going through identity crisis, trying to move to more physical, like Tennessee, or less physical, like Auburn.

Right now the SEC's reputation is far beyond reality. It's laughable that Mississippi and LSU ever reached #4 in the nation, given the true level of those teams.

In the old days I didn't mind the teams that scheduled nothing but patsies in non conference. They were subject to subjective scrutiny and the terrific bowl tie in system allowed multiple possibilities toward the national champ, dominoes tumbling everywhere on New Year's Day. But this era has convinced me we need a playoff. There is no way one bowl game should be isolated as the only outlet for the eventual champion, not when so few legit hurdles are faced en route to that game. Florida's schedule this year is basically a few games, and that applies to others like Penn State also.

BTW, it's nonsense to denounce the Pac 10. That conference has tons of athletes, and that shows up in every head to head long term evaluation. Hardly a surprise that UCLA, even in a down period, swept Tennessee last year and this year, home and road. I can't count how many times I've won major bets backing the Pac 10 as underdogs in non conference. The teams in that conference often give up big points so that brands the conference as softer than it really is. The SEC would have hell if it faced the Pac 10 every year in a series of games among equally rated teams.

I would put Bama up against USC,Cal or Oregon...anytime.
Most NFL scouts will tell you the differance is in the defensive lines in the
SEC.

Namor
10-11-2009, 08:43 PM

Be that as it may,their only losses have been to other SEC teams.

kpcane
10-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Awsi, I liked ole miss yesterday, but I'm with you on the rest of that conference. I think LSU is terribly overrated, and the rest of the conference below them is what it is. Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn....not what they used to be.

Gives me an idea for a new thread......

BobDole
10-11-2009, 08:55 PM
again with the schedule talk. fine - once in 20 years we have a 'softer' than usual schedule and all of a sudden we're not worthy. it's not our fault that the usually great SEC teams are not up to snuff this year. i also hate the fact that we do have mickey mouse non conference games - i'd much rather play ole miss and miami rather than lame *** charleston southern and troy - but there's not a damn thing i can do about it. it pretty much forces us to go undefeated b/c of the schedule - so i don't like it any more then you guys may. florida typically has one of the toughest schedules in the country - just not this year.

underestimating a 2-4 FSU team? really? okay.

LSU wasn't crazy overrated this year - they just don't have a QB. their D is great as usual - and they have lots of weapons on offense like lafell and tolliver - they just don't have anyone to get the ball to them.

totally agree there needs to be a playoff system. someone gets screwed every single year. thankfully, it wasn't us last year.

kpcane
10-11-2009, 09:31 PM
If LSU played FSU's schedule, they'd very, very likely have the same record. That's a good team, whether you want to believe it or not.

Oraclepz
10-14-2009, 08:37 PM
This argument is the same verbatim each year.

"Oregon or Oregon State isn't the same team later in the season that Boise State demolished earlier"- This is a pathetic argument. Oregon saw the Boise State game as the most important on their schedule. They circled the date after they lost last year. Masoli said that they were going to bring it to Boise; Blount said that they owed Boise an asswhoopin'. There is no way they were unprepared: they were simply outclassed.

"Boise snuck past Oklahoma"- Not only did they not sneak past Oklahoma, they dominated Oklahoma until the fourth quarter. Poor quarterback play let them back in the game, along with a turnover on a punt return.

"Utah beat an uninterested Alabama"- They beat a top five team, period. I am amazed that this argument comes up whenever a non-BCS team beats a top ranked BCS team. It's as if there is no possible way that Utah could have beat Alabama, if only Alabama had showed up--what about all those predictions before the game that 'Bama would smash Utah.

"Boise needs to play BCS teams on the road"- You think they don't try? They signed a home-and-home with Oregon, and won both times! What kind of message do you think that sends to the BCS schools who feel they have a reputation to protect? The truth of the matter is, BCS schools DON'T WANT TO PLAY BOISE STATE.

Boise St. is a scary team to play any year. Trust me SEC schools are starting to take notice. The SEC is trying to keep its rep.

Oraclepz
10-14-2009, 08:42 PM

Same problem USF has with Florida. They will only play us at their home and every 5 years.

Oraclepz
10-14-2009, 08:49 PM
play Boise...it's Money.

So explain why Florida wont play USF at home??? we play in Raymond James Stadium we could fit 75K in that stadium.

Namor
10-14-2009, 09:57 PM
So explain why Florida wont play USF at home??? we play in Raymond James Stadium we could fit 75K in that stadium.
That one I can't...probably because of recruiting.
Bama nor Auburn will not schedule Troy,just because of if they were to slip up it could hurt recruiting instate.
I really don't have a good answer.

Namor
10-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Awsi, I liked ole miss yesterday, but I'm with you on the rest of that conference. I think LSU is terribly overrated, and the rest of the conference below them is what it is. Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn....not what they used to be.

Gives me an idea for a new thread......

Kp...
I will agree with you on this statement..
Several SEC teams have dissapointed me this year.
But I disagree about FSU..they are one of the worst defensive teams
I've seen this year.
And Mickey is a Alabama boy from Ozark..I don't understand what
their problem is.]
LSU has a idiot for a head coach.