PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant Ineligible

NAPPS
10-07-2009, 04:27 PM
how will this affect his draft status if not reinstated?

dolfan91
10-07-2009, 05:52 PM
that all depends on what he did with the ex-player he was associated with... bonehead move on his part, if it turns out to be serious!!!

Tiko377
10-08-2009, 01:50 AM
hell be fine and i HOPE we DRAFT HIM

with our 1st rounder

NAPPS
10-08-2009, 07:44 AM
as do I.

RealDriscoll
10-08-2009, 08:32 AM
I am disguisted on the NCAA with this decision. For those who do not know Dez Bryant was banned from College Football because he met Deion Sanders out and exchanged numbers in which Sanders invited Bryant over for dinner. This broke an NCAA violation that led to the ban of Bryant from the NCAA. This is disgraceful; There are too many rules and it is not like Bryant was taking money from Boosters. They want to take away the kids college career over that? F Them...

showstopper
10-08-2009, 12:38 PM
pretty sad that he is getting crapped on for going to Deion's place.

RustyGator
10-08-2009, 12:54 PM
While I think the decision was harsh by the NCAA, the kid KNOWINGLY violated a major NCAA rule and then LIED about it. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

By the way, Deon is probably going to sway him to sign with Eugene Parker, who is the ja-ck-as-s agent for Michael Crabtree.

This won't affect his status very much though. Maybe if he actually misses the rest of the year, but I doubt that'll happen. My guess is this will be a 1-game suspension.

#1dolphinsfan
10-08-2009, 01:18 PM
he is still going to be the best WR coming out in this years draft

Canadi-Phin
10-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Absolutely the most ****in retarded thing I have ever read. He's not allowed to go to dinner at a guys house who has nothing to do with the program. What if Dieon was a lifelong friend??

PhinsTD
10-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Absolutely the most ****in retarded thing I have ever read. He's not allowed to go to dinner at a guys house who has nothing to do with the program. What if Dieon was a lifelong friend??

You don't know all of the details...none of us do. What we do know, is that there are allegations he lied about it, and knows what he did was wrong.

I'd have to say the kid has some culpability if what the NCAA is saying is true.

CW_McGraw
10-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Hopefully his draft stock falls enough for us to get him in the second.:D

MP-Omnis
10-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Hopefully his draft stock falls enough for us to get him in the second.:D

Yeah, hopefully we can pick him up like we did Bess. :hump:

Makes the draft a bit easier.

RustyGator
10-09-2009, 09:18 AM
I love how people think he did nothing wrong. It's exactly the same thing that happened to Martha Stewart. She's worth mega millions and insider traded on basically nothing. She got in trouble for LYING about it. Dez lied to the NCAA over a major Rules violation. He got suspended for doing so. End of story.

Unfortunately, I don't think Dez's stock falls out of the top 10 though.

houtz
10-11-2009, 12:31 AM
I'm sick of passing on WRs. If he's there with our first rounder pull the ****ing trigger!!!!!

Gonzo
10-11-2009, 12:33 AM
He'll still be a top ten pick, and therefore out of our reach.

Canadi-Phin
10-11-2009, 01:24 AM
Honestly, the NCAA is a joke. They make millions off these poor kids from the worst places in the US and then take away their future. Look at Maurice Clarett, what did he do take some shoes, so what he also brought in millions in the game against Miami that year. Everyone talked about the great freshman runner. Please don't compare what Dez Bryant did to Martha Stewart, that is just dumb. Dieon has mentored Bryant for years because of the terrible family life that he has had. He went for a run with Dieon and then went to his house for dinner. The kid panicked, it happens he is a kid. Please spare these kids some slack, everything they do is in voilations of the NCAA because they want to make as much money as they can off these kids. Look at basketball, they cried to the NBA to make the kids need to be one year removed from high school because they were losing money by not having Lebron and Kobe play in College. What a joke.

Gonzo
10-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Honestly, the NCAA is a joke. They make millions off these poor kids from the worst places in the US and then take away their future. Look at Maurice Clarett, what did he do take some shoes, so what he also brought in millions in the game against Miami that year. Everyone talked about the great freshman runner. Please don't compare what Dez Bryant did to Martha Stewart, that is just dumb. Dieon has mentored Bryant for years because of the terrible family life that he has had. He went for a run with Dieon and then went to his house for dinner. The kid panicked, it happens he is a kid. Please spare these kids some slack, everything they do is in voilations of the NCAA because they want to make as much money as they can off these kids. Look at basketball, they cried to the NBA to make the kids need to be one year removed from high school because they were losing money by not having Lebron and Kobe play in College. What a joke.
My heart weeps for those given a free ride through college because of a game.

RustyGator
10-12-2009, 10:48 AM

You know what's a joke? Your response. Stop calling these people kids. They know the difference between right and wrong. He lied to the NCAA. Dumb. Scared? Do you have any idea how a lot of these "kids" think they can get away with murder? Don't paint all college athletes as innocent kids. As Gonzo said, I'm not weeping for any of them either. Not only do they get free rides to school, they get pretty much anything else they want while theyre there as well.

And how is my analogy to Martha Stewart incorrect? Calling my analogy idiotic makes you like idiotic. All I was pointing out is that Martha Stewart got nailed for lying, just like Dez Bryant. Most people thought Martha got nailed for insider trading, just like a lot of people think Dez got nailed for talking with Deon. WRONG. It's not like I was saying Dez is like Martha in that he knows how to make a candy dish out of old soda cans.

MiamiDolfan85
10-12-2009, 05:22 PM
What Dez did WAS wrong,but cmon......what kid in his right mind is going to turn down an invitation to dinner to one of the NFL's all-time greats!?!?

The Ghost
10-14-2009, 02:43 PM
I know one thing, the Dolphins won't pass on him if they have the shot.

That kid looks like the next TO.

If we end up picking like 18th or so I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to move up and get him if he's still there at 10,11,12ish so long as it wouldn't take our 2nd rounder.

I want him badly on this team. Bryant, Ginn, Bess, Hartline and Fasano would be an impressive collection of pass catchers to go with quite possibly the NFL's best backfield and OL.

Chad Henne would EVERYTHING at his disposal.

Not gonna happen though. Best WR to come out since Calvin Johnson and this suspension is unlikely to tarnish him at all. More than anything I think most people feel bad for him.

GeauxFinns3705
10-20-2009, 09:00 PM
If his agent is Eugene Parker, who represents Deion Sanders and Michael Crabtree, I guarantee his stock is going to fall. EP is no damn good. Crabtree has unlimited talent and ability. EP did that kid no favors at all by holding him out until a month into the season. Thats disasterous. I have no problems holding a player out, but the agents goal should be to get him in camp ASAP so he can get up to speed in a game where the professional level is far more different than college-pro in most other sports.

The speed and physicality of the NFL is crazy compared to college. Esp coming out of the Big 12 where league rules outlaw playing defense. I like Dez Bryant. I think he is a tremendous talent. But if Eugene Parker is his agent, I move him to the bottom of the second round on my draft board. I am willing to bet right now that if EP reps DW, he will be the last guy signed.

GeauxFinns3705
10-20-2009, 09:03 PM
I am disguisted on the NCAA with this decision. For those who do not know Dez Bryant was banned from College Football because he met Deion Sanders out and exchanged numbers in which Sanders invited Bryant over for dinner. This broke an NCAA violation that led to the ban of Bryant from the NCAA. This is disgraceful; There are too many rules and it is not like Bryant was taking money from Boosters. They want to take away the kids college career over that? F Them...

This isn't quite right. If Dez had been honest about it, this could have been avoided. He lied to the NCAA...they don't like that. Its like what got Vick in trouble, lying to Goodell. Hes a young kid and I dont think he should be suspended, but it is what it is.

GeauxFinns3705
10-20-2009, 09:04 PM
pretty sad that he is getting crapped on for going to Deion's place.

Again, he lied about his relationship with Deion. In the NCAAs view, you don't lie unless you are hiding something sinister. Its the way they are, and DW should know that.

GeauxFinns3705
10-20-2009, 09:07 PM
While I think the decision was harsh by the NCAA, the kid KNOWINGLY violated a major NCAA rule and then LIED about it. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

By the way, Deon is probably going to sway him to sign with Eugene Parker, who is the ja-ck-as-s agent for Michael Crabtree.

This won't affect his status very much though. Maybe if he actually misses the rest of the year, but I doubt that'll happen. My guess is this will be a 1-game suspension.

Obviously, I agree with you, RG. I didn't see your post before I posted mine.

I do disagree though about this affecting his status, esp with the Fins. They don't like "maturity" issues. They don't like underclassmen. They aren't going to like this situation. I think this puts him behind one of the other WRS, if they would even pick a WR #1, which I doubt.

GeauxFinns3705
10-20-2009, 09:16 PM
he is still going to be the best WR coming out in this years draft

As was Crabtree. And look how that turned out? I will be shocked if MC isn't on the IR in a month. DB would do well to sign up with the sports agency down in Sarasota and leave these other guys alone.

If he does, I think his reputation could be restored. What team picking in the top ten wants this nonsense?

And regardless of where DB is picked, Parker is going to make this case:

"See Mr GM, if my client had not been suspended, he would have led the nation in rec, TDs, yardage, and broken every record known to man. So he would have naturally been the #1 pick in the draft. So, throw your slotting chart out the window and give my client 20% more than Strafford got. And make the last year voidable."....and if not that exactly, some other nonsense.

I guarantee you this suspension is going to be held against the team that picks Bryant. And its going to be messy. Give me Benn or someone else, unless DB gets away from these nutcases.

GeauxFinns3705
10-20-2009, 09:17 PM
You don't know all of the details...none of us do. What we do know, is that there are allegations he lied about it, and knows what he did was wrong.

I'd have to say the kid has some culpability if what the NCAA is saying is true.

Yep.

GeauxFinns3705
10-20-2009, 09:21 PM
I am a bit surprised how you guys are glossing over this as if its a parking ticket. This is a character issue. Remember how that went over with Matt Roth? And he was a player that was damn good for us. One lie, and he went from the penthouse to playing checkers in the training room with John Nalbone.

Not saying 100% "no way" on Dez, but my antennae are up. I am skeptical. I don't want to be a month into next season and our first round pick holding out because he and his agent think he would/should have been the first player picked.

GeauxFinns3705
10-20-2009, 09:24 PM
What Dez did WAS wrong,but cmon......what kid in his right mind is going to turn down an invitation to dinner to one of the NFL's all-time greats!?!?

You are missing the point. Its not the dinner...its the LIE. I disagree with whoever said hes not a kid, he is. However, if he didn't know before, he knows now, actions have consequences. And unless he is incredibly remorseful and changes his behavior and his associations, I would want nothing to do with him..not in the first round.

Finsfan79
10-20-2009, 11:13 PM
kid is the best wr in the draft, amazing talent would love to get him

williams out of usc is interesting too