PDA

View Full Version : Why does it take so long to update the front page of Finheaven

DirkDiggler
10-14-2009, 12:51 PM
We have to suffer through all these Ad's, popups and t.v comercials becuase it costs a lot of money to run the site. Ok I get that but why does it take so long to update the Front page of the site. We Won Right! Isnt that important news? Even when we lose it takes a week.

No disrespect intended but really.

Chubby
10-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Because they dont get paid a full time salary to mantain this site. Its a Fan site, deal with the good, deal with the bad that comes with that.
Chubbs

DirkDiggler
10-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah I know that but how long does it take to put in a fresh picture? I run 2 web sites and a blog not sports but still i understand the process.

dolpns13
10-14-2009, 12:57 PM
We have to suffer through all these Ad's, popups and t.v comercials becuase it costs a lot of money to run the site. Ok I get that but why does it take so long to update the Front page of the site. We Won Right! Isnt that important news? Even when we lose it takes a week.

No disrespect intended but really.

Unfortunately we all have to watch out for the site now with all the ad's and whatnot.. Over a 2-3 month span, I got 2 vicious virus's on my computer from coming on finheaven.

Chubby
10-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Unfortunately we all have to watch out for the site now with all the ad's and whatnot.. Over a 2-3 month span, I got 2 vicious virus's on my computer from coming on finheaven. I did as well this monday morning. I know it was finheaven becaue it was the first site I checked and then it hit. My work filters caught it, but it scarred the shi*T out of me.

I wonder if the mods know this, I thought it was just me and a 1 time thing, looks like its happened to someone else, weird.
Chubbs

dolpns13
10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
I did as well this monday morning. I know it was finheaven becaue it was the first site I checked and then it hit. My work filters caught it, but it scarred the shi*T out of me.

I wonder if the mods know this, I thought it was just me and a 1 time thing, looks like its happened to someone else, weird.
Chubbs

It happened to me at work too, but I caught such a bad one I had to call IT and have them remove it both times. Obviously I didnt tell them I was on here, I just said my computer is acting funny.. It is actually very stupid of me to come back, especially from work, since this has happened twice already.

Wildbill3
10-14-2009, 01:14 PM
The front page is maintained by 2 people. one person is on vacation and the other is very busy so.... there is your delay.

DirkDiggler
10-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Dayum! It didnt take long for my page to get moved. Sombody must be on the job.

Chubby
10-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Dayum! It didnt take long for my page to get moved. Sombody must be on the job. lol :), dude dont you know not to screw with mods. You are going to log in 1 day and your name is going to be changed from DirkDiggler to something like MarKSanchezLovingHerb all in Pink Neon Bright Lettering. I can see it now with a signature of Mark Sanchez with his shirt off hugging your avatar.
Chubbs

Chubby
10-14-2009, 04:33 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/10/3999044314_fa5e57edb0-1.jpg

Nublar7
10-14-2009, 05:54 PM
The front page is maintained by 2 people. one person is on vacation and the other is very busy so.... there is your delay.This is true, and I guess I would fall under the category of the "other is very busy". Still though, I will work harder to make sure the front page is more up to date then it has been the past few weeks. I can sit here and make excuses, but I won't, because you as members don't deserve that. You deserve better front page quality, and I will work harder and find more time to dedicate to keeping it "fresh".