PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I'm sorry Pat fans....



Dolfanmatty
11-04-2003, 02:36 AM
Haven't posted for a while but the game I watched tonight just irritated me. In a way I guess, I wish I actually liked this team, unfortunately, that will never happen. The reason I say that is this team gets about every freakin' break possible time after time. True in some cases, you MAKE your own luck, but ever since the snow game vs. Oakland this team has apparently stolen the four leaf clover the Celtics use to have in the Boston Garden. (Before the deaths of Len Bias and Reggie Lewis of course)

Anyway, on to tonights game:
Ok I figure Denver is down to their what, 4th QB? Ok, well, maybe they still have a shot since the game is at Mile High. Then they lose Elam in mid game costing them how many points? They are now PUNTING from the 33 yard line? The PATRIOTS 33 yard line?!?Then for some god awful reason pass 3 times after they just got 2 first downs running the ball with a one point lead late in the 4th? Denver then decides NOT to field the free kick after the intentional safety letting it bounce inside their own 20?!!?!?! A 19 yard screen pass to Kevin Faulk when the refs missed an OBVIOUS hold on the right tackle? Ridiculous....Are the Patriots just so smart or do teams suddenly get stupid when they play them?

They get another win simply because the highest paid kicker in the game can't kick off of dirt for some reason. Man, for that money I'll learn to kick off a moving aircraft....

Yet when we play teams balls bounce off of intended receivers into other ones further down the field. Mare misses another kick that would have iced the Texans game.

New England is obviously a well coached team and they have had some injuries to deal with, especially on defense....but I still would venture to say this is the worst 7-2 team in NFL history.

These guys throw firggin screen passes all game, have no running game and cant stop the run! They are starting guys on defense we would have cut in training camp!

HOW DO THEY WIN!!!?!?

Someone help me...

(Whew, that felt better)

akfinfan
11-04-2003, 02:42 AM
Not to mention that bull**** pass interference call last year when the patriots played against us in the final game of the season.

Dolfanmatty
11-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Exactly....

Tonight was a typical "Patriot win"

Hang around, keep the score close and wait for either the other team or the officials to f*** up

XNOUGHT
11-04-2003, 02:54 AM
:lol:

40 different players starters

15 injured starters

17 penalties to 4

Refs worked for The Broncos. More missed calls. But I won't dwell on that.

Game in Denver

Sorry, you make your own luck. You guys need to learn that. You make your own luck. Play hard, stand tall, and never quit.

There is a fine line between winning and losing, and bless them, the Patriots know how to cross that line.

Complaining wont take away our wins and give you wins.

I hope you Miami fans can some day give the Pats thier due, but if you can't, I understand.

Dolfanmatty
11-04-2003, 03:03 AM
Keep believing in that "Making your own luck" theory....

The fact is sometimes it is better to be lucky than good, and the sun shines on the Pats more than any other team in the NFL in my opinion.

You are one of those people who still try to convince yourself that Brady's fumble was really an incomplete pass right?

XNOUGHT
11-04-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Dolfanmatty
Keep believing in that "Making your own luck" theory....

The fact is sometimes it is better to be lucky than good, and the sun shines on the Pats more than any other team in the NFL in my opinion.

You are one of those people who still try to convince yourself that Brady's fumble was really an incomplete pass right?

Sour grapes.

What about the Fumble vs. Denver today?

Brady CLEARLY had it under the pile. But it was awarded to Denver anyways.

What about the pass by Brady that bounced off 3 guys for an interception?

You can live in you own world and think the Pats are the luckiest guys, but the Pats play hard and play smart and as many good breaks go thier way as bad breaks. LOOK AT OUR INJURIES!!!

How can you say the sun shines brightest on us? We win IN SPITE of stuff like that, and ya, good stuff happens to us as well.

You can bash the Pats all you want, but you have glasses on if you think nothing bad happens to the Patriots.

PatsWin2002
11-04-2003, 03:10 AM
In Denver they are ripping apart Shanahan and Kubiak.

Mostly because they didn't stay with Portis because:

a) it was working.....and it didn't put the game on Kanell's shoulders

b) it would've kept the clock running

Maybe there's some truth to your statement that other teams get stupid when they play us. Essentially, Shanny made the same mistake Wanny made last December and Martz made in SB36. You've got an elite runner - use him!

Dolfanmatty
11-04-2003, 03:12 AM
Agreed....

Sometimes coaches outsmart themselves I guess

XNOUGHT
11-04-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by PatsWin2002
In Denver they are ripping apart Shanahan and Kubiak.

Mostly because they didn't stay with Portis because:

a) it was working.....and it didn't put the game on Kanell's shoulders

b) it would've kept the clock running

Maybe there's some truth to your statement that other teams get stupid when they play us. Essentially, Shanny made the same mistake Wanny made last December and Martz made in SB36. You've got an elite runner - use him!

ok, I will buy that.

But I wasn't surprised Denver passed. They did it to us last year to ice the game. I knew they would pass again.

Ya, teams do get dumb vs. us. Thier brains just shut off.

:D

Dolfanmatty
11-04-2003, 03:21 AM
Listen,

I am not trying to take EVERYTHING away from the Pats here....but you HAVE to agree that in a lot of their wins weird stuff seems just "to happen" just at the right time for them.

Ya know, kinda like real sucky things seem to always happen to the Red Sox in those same types of games???

How's that for an analogy?

PYPER
11-04-2003, 03:37 AM
I just love how the Patriots NEVER stop fighting.

The funny thing is......The Patriots have NOT been getting any breaks from the officials this year. We've been on the short end of a lot of really bad calls. The Miami game is a good example. That game was totally called one sided, highlighted by the long catch down the sideline where the WR clearly landed out of bounds.

Anyway, despite all the bad calls this team fights and finds a way to overcome them. Many teams, like the Dolphins for instance, seem to fold up when the calls go against them but the Patriots just play harder.


As for the comment on screen passes, I don't remember too many of those this game. If you haven't noticed the Patriots have finally started to stretch the field. This offense is evolving. We've still got all those screens in the playbook but we've finally got some deep threats in the passing game.

This team is getting better every week, not to mention healthier.

XNOUGHT
11-04-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Dolfanmatty
Listen,

I am not trying to take EVERYTHING away from the Pats here....but you HAVE to agree that in a lot of their wins weird stuff seems just "to happen" just at the right time for them.

Ya know, kinda like real sucky things seem to always happen to the Red Sox in those same types of games???

How's that for an analogy?

It evens out :D :( :fire:

Oh well. Marlins beats the Yankees so I am happy!

82YARDotBOMB
11-04-2003, 04:14 AM
very bitter cry babies in here,its kinda funny hearing all the whining.

and it was an incomplete pass in the snow game,a rule is a rule.refs followed the rule book. actually the refs didnt follow the rules on that play with the tuck because woodson completely open hand b_i_t_c_h_e_d slapped brady on the head that play wnen the ball came loose.should have been a penalty on woodson but the refs blew it.(even oakland media members admitted this). again there should havebeen a roughing the passer call, and that tuck should have never been an issue in the first place.

btw.has that brady bomb in overtime landed yet. man what a gorgeous throw.

rad
11-04-2003, 04:40 AM
omg hell i thought we blew the game on that stupid 3 n 1 pass play by weis..incomplete and 2 punts later retrun for a TD talk bout bonehead playcallin...run on 3 and 1

Muck
11-04-2003, 09:56 AM
I'll tell you how they win. They are extremely well-coached. They are as mentally tough a team as there is in this league. You don't get the breaks game after game, season after season with just dumb luck. You get them with preperation, mental toughness, unrelenting tenacity, and execution.

One part of me dislikes the Pats because they are our rivals. But the football fan in me loves them. They are a joy to watch. And they can beat anybody on any given night.

Dolfanmatty
11-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Muck,

I wish I shared your sentiments....and I agree somewhat with the previous poster that they seem to thrive after adversity.
And I have already stated that they are obviously a well coached team.

I still however stand by my original comment that things seem to happen for this team at the right time. Do they get EVERY call? No....(In our game) Thompson's feet were obviously out of bounds in that OT, however, with the Fins up 7-3 Thompson's knee was NOT down in the 1st half which should've been ruled a touchdown. 14-3 people, totally different game. And you can say that about a lot games I realize this, but unlike every other team, when the Patriots get a break, I am not shocked...it's kind of expected to a certain extent.

And by the way, if you still really think that Brady fumble was an incomplete pass....please check yourself into some kind of clinic. I am from Massachusetts and at least 70% of Pats fans I know admit it, and ya know what? I have a lot more repsect for that than those fans who try to interpret the nfl rule book to try to justify the blown call.

You still went into Pittsburgh and won, and then beat the Rams in the SB.....THAT is what matters. But deep down everyone knows that they really shouldn't of been there in the first place...

But they got an opportunity, and ran with it, that I give them credit for

upstart
11-05-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Dolfanmatty
Haven't posted for a while but the game I watched tonight just irritated me. In a way I guess, I wish I actually liked this team, unfortunately, that will never happen. The reason I say that is this team gets about every freakin' break possible time after time. True in some cases, you MAKE your own luck, but ever since the snow game vs. Oakland this team has apparently stolen the four leaf clover the Celtics use to have in the Boston Garden. (Before the deaths of Len Bias and Reggie Lewis of course)

Anyway, on to tonights game:
Ok I figure Denver is down to their what, 4th QB? Ok, well, maybe they still have a shot since the game is at Mile High. Then they lose Elam in mid game costing them how many points? They are now PUNTING from the 33 yard line? The PATRIOTS 33 yard line?!?Then for some god awful reason pass 3 times after they just got 2 first downs running the ball with a one point lead late in the 4th? Denver then decides NOT to field the free kick after the intentional safety letting it bounce inside their own 20?!!?!?! A 19 yard screen pass to Kevin Faulk when the refs missed an OBVIOUS hold on the right tackle? Ridiculous....Are the Patriots just so smart or do teams suddenly get stupid when they play them?

They get another win simply because the highest paid kicker in the game can't kick off of dirt for some reason. Man, for that money I'll learn to kick off a moving aircraft....

Yet when we play teams balls bounce off of intended receivers into other ones further down the field. Mare misses another kick that would have iced the Texans game.

New England is obviously a well coached team and they have had some injuries to deal with, especially on defense....but I still would venture to say this is the worst 7-2 team in NFL history.

These guys throw firggin screen passes all game, have no running game and cant stop the run! They are starting guys on defense we would have cut in training camp!

HOW DO THEY WIN!!!?!?

Someone help me...

(Whew, that felt better)

In the year 1918 the sports gods said "Now you are under a
curse and it will last for 100 years.Your Brother Pat however
will see the light in the year 2001 and the light will last until
2018"

does that help?:lol:

XNOUGHT
11-05-2003, 05:26 PM
The Pats have been "lucky" for the last 3 years.

You can't win sometimes.

SonofSam
11-15-2003, 08:44 PM
I just love coming here to feed off the negativity and whining. It is very uplifting.

BionicPatriot
11-19-2003, 12:06 AM
You guppie fans...I swear. Sad. NE is cursed just as bad as the Red Sox this year. All the injuries and we still win. We are just that damn good huh?

Marino1983
11-19-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by BionicPatriot54
You guppie fans...I swear. Sad. NE is cursed just as bad as the Red Sox this year. All the injuries and we still win. We are just that damn good huh?



:lol: But the funny thing about your responses is that when the Patsies start to lose and lose bigtime, YOU will be in "lurking mode" hiding out in a closet or under your crib ....

Afraid of the B!TCH slapping awaiting for YOU !!

:sosad:

Marino1983

NEPatsDynasty
11-24-2003, 09:23 PM
You know, for a bunch of fans who supposedly "hate" the Patriots, you guys sure mention us a lot. This is like the 6th topic in a day that is about the Pats on a Dolphins thread. It's okay if you are closet Patriot fans, we will welcome you to Patriot Nation any day of the week.

As far as the Pats being lucky, I thought we already discussed this. The Pats are a good team, thus the 9-2 record, the Pats have a great defense, and a good enough offense. We make the 5-6 plays a game neccessary to win, like against Miami. :lol: Just get over the fact and wait till the seventh.

For now you guys should concentrate on the Cowboys, don't look past the Tuna or he'll make you pay. And I will gladly smile if that happens.

jbond
11-25-2003, 12:55 AM
no....you didn't make the plays against Miami.....our kicker didn't make the play (twice) that should have sealed your fate.......the sun shines on every dog's a-s every now and then......it's just been shining a bit more on you all but it'll turn night-time pretty soon....

I think you all have overcome a lot of injuries and have an excellent coach but you are seriously delusional if you think the PATS have been dominating their season......they have been squeaking by on sheer luck in many of their wins.....

it's hilarious, the PATS win some games and they run around here as if they killed us 30-7 and beat Denver with their 3rd string QB (or was it 4th?) 28-10......give me a break.....we're tired of hearing how awesome you guys are when in all reality you deserve to be above .500 but most of the wins above that was just fate smiling on you all....not your toughness or determination or heart or clutch play making ability.....

upstart
11-25-2003, 06:18 PM
jbond......say 9-2... 5 times real fast, it sounds good don't it?:lol: :lol:


Next week we will work on 10-2 :lol:

Marino1983
11-26-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by donshula


Next week we will work on 10-2 :lol:



Hum so you are REALLY a Colts fan with a Patsie avatar .....

:shakeno:

Marino1983

dolfan06
11-29-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by donshula


Next week we will work on 10-2 :lol: i think your luck will run out in the dome!:rolleyes:

McKnight80
11-29-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Muck
I'll tell you how they win. They are extremely well-coached. They are as mentally tough a team as there is in this league. You don't get the breaks game after game, season after season with just dumb luck. You get them with preperation, mental toughness, unrelenting tenacity, and execution.

One part of me dislikes the Pats because they are our rivals. But the football fan in me loves them. They are a joy to watch. And they can beat anybody on any given night.


that is completly true. They had to unload Milloy because of cap reason and lost Colvin for the season yet their defense is one of the best. Their offense on paper looks like **** but Belicheck knows waht to call and gets the job done. Look at us, we got one of the best rb's in the game, Rick Williams, and they got Kevin Faulk and Antoine Smith. And an even more amazing thing is that their wide recievers are almost all hurt yet they continue to get the job done. Belicheck is by far my coach of the year.

Marino1983
11-29-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by NEPatsDynasty
You know, for a bunch of fans who supposedly "hate" the Patriots, you guys sure mention us a lot. This is like the 6th topic in a day that is about the Pats on a Dolphins thread. It's okay if you are closet Patriot fans, we will welcome you to Patriot Nation any day of the week.

As far as the Pats being lucky, I thought we already discussed this. The Pats are a good team, thus the 9-2 record, the Pats have a great defense, and a good enough offense. We make the 5-6 plays a game neccessary to win, like against Miami. :lol: Just get over the fact and wait till the seventh.

For now you guys should concentrate on the Cowboys, don't look past the Tuna or he'll make you pay. And I will gladly smile if that happens.




Nah speaking for myself I do not "hate" the patsies... I leave that emotion for the billy goats and fan base !! No - the dislike I feel for the jest, and patsies is purely divisional rivalry ..

While I will agree that the pats are coached extremely well there also has to have a certain amount of luck in the way they are winning games ...

And there is no-way anyone is going to convince me that they are not one of the luckiest teams to be where there are in the league right now !!

If O Mare gets his head out of his @$$ and into what he was being paid to do, then Brady would not have had the chance to catch the Dolphins defense out of position and complete the OT pass to T Brown.. It's that simple !!!

I don't begrudge the pats success... Hey you do whatever it takes to win in this league but winning ugly has a tendency to come back and haunt you !

If the patsies lose in Indy this Sunday then the December 7 game will be very huge indeed.. All the pressure will be piled on T Brady :chuckle: I smell redemption in the air !!!!!!!!!!

:wave:

Marino1983

dolfan06
11-29-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Marino1983





Nah speaking for myself I do not "hate" the patsies... I leave that emotion for the billy goats and fan base !! No - the dislike I feel for the jest, and patsies is purely divisional rivalry ..

i don't really hate the pats either. about the only time i root against them is when they're playing the dolphins or a game concerning the dolphins. i about creamed my jeans when they beat oakland. now thats my least favorite team. even lower than the bills. maybe because i live in california!;)