PDA

View Full Version : Draft Rolando Mcclain

miami71
10-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Trade up! I don't care what they have to do. This guy is a sure fire stud and I think the best player in college football. Brandon Spikes might be okay,but he is not as good as McClain. We don't need another UF bust at linebacker (Crowder)!

Farmer
10-26-2009, 02:40 PM
I'd be thrilled with any of the SEC defenders. Obviously id love McClain Berry and Cody. But id be cool with Spikes too

Valandui
10-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Yes, please!

#1dolphinsfan
10-26-2009, 06:16 PM
yes please but if we keep going like we are we wont have to trade up to get him

FearTheBeard
10-26-2009, 07:08 PM
My big board goes like this:
1. Eric Berry, S, Tennessee (dreaming)
2. Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
3. Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama

Thats my wishlist, all would be exceptional.

RHoffman
11-10-2009, 12:49 PM
McClain is the next Ray Lewis. There I said it.

JT-forpresident
11-10-2009, 01:01 PM
McClain is the next Ray Lewis. There I said it.

ahhhhem... patrick willis

But, although i prefer willis, McClain is one helluva football player... it's like saying i'd rather have a Ferrari than a Audi R8

Dogbone34
11-10-2009, 05:11 PM

Thats a interesting list. A mid round choice between Gresham and McClain would be a tough call. I would probably go defense but Gresham could be a huge asset for Henne's passing attack.

3rdandinches
11-10-2009, 08:56 PM
1 - E.Berry

2 - R.McClain

both guys will have instant impact on the team

phinfan33
11-14-2009, 12:38 PM
1 - E.Berry

2 - R.McClain

both guys will have instant impact on the team
i wholeheartedly agree with you there..:up::up::up:

phinfan33
11-14-2009, 12:41 PM

he'd be nice to have,but stud ILBers and stud pass rushing OLBers are bigger needs for us right now imo...better Safety play would be nice too...

tcolli17
11-15-2009, 12:14 AM
How do you guys feel about him being not interested in football if he isn't playing? They said he doesn't watch football on TV, does this play any part of him having to watch hours and hours of game film to prepare in the NFL? If he doesn't like to watch football, will he be able to succeed in the NFL?

miami71
11-15-2009, 12:39 AM
How do you guys feel about him being not interested in football if he isn't playing? They said he doesn't watch football on TV, does this play any part of him having to watch hours and hours of game film to prepare in the NFL? If he doesn't like to watch football, will he be able to succeed in the NFL?
Maybe he doesn't need to watch football. He is that good! I know when I leave my job on Friday I don't want to even think about it to Monday. This guy may have the best football instincts I have seen. This guy is the safest pick in the draft. If he declares?

Namor
11-15-2009, 02:45 PM

Please tell me where you heard this?
Saban has said over and over R.McClain is the smartest and most
complete football player he has ever coached.
He has said Rolando's hours spent breaking film down is greater than
Zach's himself.
He is like a coach on the field.
Plus he still can put 20 to 30 lbs on his body and not lose any speed.
He has the markings of a great one.

tcolli17
11-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Please tell me where you heard this?
Saban has said over and over R.McClain is the smartest and most
complete football player he has ever coached.
He has said Rolando's hours spent breaking film down is greater than
Zach's himself.
He is like a coach on the field.
Plus he still can put 20 to 30 lbs on his body and not lose any speed.
He has the markings of a great one.
Last night when I was watching the game, one commentator said he asked if he watched football on his free time. He said he doesn't like to watch football and he likes to watch shows like Man vs. Wild.

Namor
11-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Last night when I was watching the game, one commentator said he asked if he watched football on his free time. He said he doesn't like to watch football and he likes to watch shows like Man vs. Wild.

That was Mark Ingram.

JT-forpresident
11-15-2009, 03:47 PM
i think he was talking about watching football for entertainment...

i know a lot of guys who don't watch any football on TV but spend countless hours on scouting teams with the game tapes

it's two different things

miami71
11-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Better than dancing with the stars!!!

FinsFanatic777
11-17-2009, 12:14 AM
IMO, to help out Chad Henne in the passing game, isn't it better to draft a gamebreaking wide receiver like Dez Bryant than to go with a tight end in Jermaine Gresham? Gresham is the best tight end by far, but receivers have a much bigger impact in the passing game than tight ends... or am I clearly just missing something in Jermaine Gresham?

This year's draft is loaded. We can hold off on our DT/NT problems until later because there are so many good prospects. I think in the first round, we have to come away with either Dez Bryant or Rolando McClain, via trade or whatever. Just make it happen.

Ricky4Life
11-17-2009, 12:16 AM
I have a feeling we will sign Carlos Dansby during the offseason.

Canadi-Phin
11-17-2009, 03:03 PM
McClain is my pick if he's there, this allows Channing to move over and I think play a more suited position and off a grat LB. Greshaim would be sweet as well. I love a great TE in our offense or any offense. Look how they have been screwing us all year. It opens up outside for our average receivers. Greshaim I'd only want if we were late first round. McClain if we are high 1st round. Bryant intrigues me, I think he can play but I want to see how he times at the combine in the drills.

SamIam
11-19-2009, 01:37 AM
Micah Johnson from UK is an animal and I think we can get him in the second round if we cant get mcclain

FinaticalOne
11-19-2009, 05:47 PM
My big board is my sig...

Canadi-Phin
12-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Watching him play Florida today. If he`s there around 9-10 I think we should trade up for him. He is a beast and would help our team immensely.

Xeticus
12-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Yes, please!I hate you. Your picture reminds me that I'm very, very single right now.

772Fin
12-13-2009, 09:54 AM
IMO, to help out Chad Henne in the passing game, isn't it better to draft a gamebreaking wide receiver like Dez Bryant than to go with a tight end in Jermaine Gresham? Gresham is the best tight end by far, but receivers have a much bigger impact in the passing game than tight ends... or am I clearly just missing something in Jermaine Gresham?

This year's draft is loaded. We can hold off on our DT/NT problems until later because there are so many good prospects. I think in the first round, we have to come away with either Dez Bryant or Rolando McClain, via trade or whatever. Just make it happen.

There are other TEs who we could take in the second or third rounds that would benefit Henne more since they'd be opposite Dez Bryant, like Dennis Pitta. Gresham is also projected to be a second round pick, in some drafts. If he falls, we could trade up to get him early in the second.