PDA

View Full Version : remember this number...75

bongo59
11-06-2003, 11:04 PM
that is how many we give up......you guys have played very few quality teams......pats and colts........we gave deuce 11 carries for 8 yds........sdavis 11 for 20 freddy taylor 54, ddavis 57, garner...less than 50...........you are playing in our house and dont tell me how your going to stop our run game......everyone has and we are still 6-2.....mcnair is going to kill you.....and if surtain does not play.......its over at the half.......miami has given up a ton of yds through the air......we will score......31-10 titans

Muck
11-06-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by bongo59
that is how many we give up......you guys have played very few quality teams......pats and colts........we gave deuce 11 carries for 8 yds........sdavis 11 for 20 freddy taylor 54, ddavis 57, garner...less than 50...........you are playing in our house and dont tell me how your going to stop our run game......everyone has and we are still 6-2....

Maybe take a bit of your own advice here. Everyone has stopped our run game too. Ricky is averaging 3.4 ypc. Our OL stinks.

What else ya got??

Snickersbps
11-06-2003, 11:32 PM
I dont think youll get any argument over the fact that we'll stop George, but McNair will have some decent yards on us. But, with passing comes the inevitable INT's and Sacks. McNair is a big guy, hopefully our D will be tackling better. Mark my words...IF our guys play(Surtain and Thomas) and our D tackles better than last week, 24-17, Miami. If they dont, then 20-30 Titans...

Muck
11-06-2003, 11:33 PM
Our DTs should play better if Chester returns this week. My guess is that he will. But he's pretty beat up.

bongo59
11-06-2003, 11:41 PM
we have 2000 plus passing and 3 ints.........and EG has no fumbles to go with his 170 runs for 2.5 yds per carry.....we run to balance out a D......and to kill clock......we will have at least 4 plays over 20 yds against the fins.....i expect us to come out and get up big in this one........just like the panther game........

Snickersbps
11-06-2003, 11:53 PM
passing...yes you possibly could have a few plays over 20...but running? no, sorry buddy. There hasnt yet been a run over 20 yards against Miami. There will eventually, but not by someone averaging less than Ricky :D

Keep our D honest? can't keep it incredibly honest when we can stop the run with our front with relative ease, making it possible for our DB's and safety's to play pass.

Please quit posting the same thing in multiple threads...its getting old already

Regan21286
11-07-2003, 01:04 AM
If our O-line miraculously performs like last year, you can expect nothing less than a rout of the Titans. But hey, at least Griese knows now to avoid the left side and konrad will help wade block. So I'm expecting a close game.

Coral Reefer
11-07-2003, 01:13 AM
that is how many we give up......you guys have played very few quality teams......pats and colts........we gave deuce 11 carries for 8 yds........sdavis 11 for 20 freddy taylor 54, ddavis 57, garner...less than 50...........you are playing in our house and dont tell me how your going to stop our run game......everyone has and we are still 6-2.....mcnair is going to kill you.....and if surtain does not play.......its over at the half.......miami has given up a ton of yds through the air......we will score......31-10 titans

Go Oilers!

Coral Reefer
11-07-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Regan21286
But hey, at least Griese knows now to avoid the left side and konrad will help wade block. So I'm expecting a close game.

:lol:

So true!
Most teams run towards the middle of the field to set up a good angle before trying a field goal.

The Fins may be the first team ever to make directional runs to set up positioning for a pass.

Can you imagine the Fins calling all their runs to the left hash mark so the next play the passes can be LONG roll outs to the right side of the field!

May be our only hope.... at least until another coach figures it out!

Pagan
11-07-2003, 01:49 AM
I think.....maybe.....you should......lay off......the period.......button.....on your......computer.......:rolleyes:

Fisticuff
11-07-2003, 01:59 AM
mcnair is a GREAT player. theres no question about it. but he doesn't have any talent on his offense.

wow you beat the panthers??? I'M REAL IMPRESSED! btw who's in their secondary? yeah, i thought so....

If Surtain plays you guys will be lucky to score 10.. hell even if he doesn't we still got Madison to cover mason.

Stamos
11-07-2003, 02:07 AM
Derrick Mason who?

Sam Madison is McNair's favortite WR!

Snickersbps
11-07-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Pagan
I think.....maybe.....you should......lay off......the period.......button.....on your......computer.......:rolleyes:

im glad you said it, ive been holding back :D

rickykicks@$$
11-07-2003, 03:40 AM
I have to agree with the Tenn. fan unfortunetly we have alot of talent but we lose way to many games. like last Sunday and two weeks ago against the Pats. We just can't play good enough to win tough games. Look at our D last week we are "the stingiest in the league" but we let Indy move up and down the field when we needed a three and out we could not get one.

I don't think Tenn is better they will win because our team does not believe they can win. You can see it every time they play a good team. Good coaches make a team believe they can win, even if they are not as good as the team they are playing. A good example is the Pats beating us with half their team out of the game. Miami has more talent then every team we have played this year and Sunday is no different, and I think Tenn is going to handle us like we are a Pop Warner team. Making Players team Capt. is great but Dave is trying to get the players to fire each other up instead of Dave doing it himself. He is clueless.

Miami will not improve, if you notice we have the same problems as last year and we have more talent. .It's not the talent, it's the preperation and focus going into the game. Our team knows they have to win,they knew that last week, but the outcome was a loss, Why? Why do we keep lossing games like we did Sunday? The writting is on the wall we will not finish strong, we will not get a wildcard spot and Dave will not be the HC come next year. If you believe otherwise I feel sorry for you because you are setting yourself up for another poor second half. I love this team, and want a win as bad as anyone but it's not ment to be there are too many problems with the way we are playing to fix. Sorry if your an optimist and I sound like a pessimist, I prefer to be called a realist.

StartingTailbak
11-07-2003, 03:44 AM
Of course I'm not clairvoyant but I don't forsee a blowout. McNair has had a lot of success this year due to good protection. Expect to see him on his rear end more often. If Surtain does not start, you better believe that the coverage will be adjusted. We have 2 great safeties and our nickel package has worked very well. The defense has not been giving up big plays. I do not expect a 'missed tackle fest' again this Sunday. These players are professionals and got embarrassed on home turf. Time to take it out on the Oilers.

Unclemeat
11-07-2003, 06:53 AM
Bongo, how many years in a row have they predicted the Titans were going to win the SB? Maybe four in a row. McNair can't get it done period. He may keep a team respectable over a season but when it comes down to crunch time, crunch. I like Miami's chances just as good as the Titans in the playoffs. The game will be close as usuall. Our defense will pick off at least two passes. Anymore than that and I predict Miami will win.

inFINSible
11-07-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
I have to agree with the Tenn. fan unfortunetly we have alot of talent but we lose way to many games. like last Sunday and two weeks ago against the Pats. We just can't play good enough to win tough games. Look at our D last week we are "the stingiest in the league" but we let Indy move up and down the field when we needed a three and out we could not get one.

I don't think Tenn is better they will win because our team does not believe they can win. You can see it every time they play a good team. Good coaches make a team believe they can win, even if they are not as good as the team they are playing. A good example is the Pats beating us with half their team out of the game. Miami has more talent then every team we have played this year and Sunday is no different, and I think Tenn is going to handle us like we are a Pop Warner team. Making Players team Capt. is great but Dave is trying to get the players to fire each other up instead of Dave doing it himself. He is clueless.

Miami will not improve, if you notice we have the same problems as last year and we have more talent. .It's not the talent, it's the preperation and focus going into the game. Our team knows they have to win,they knew that last week, but the outcome was a loss, Why? Why do we keep lossing games like we did Sunday? The writting is on the wall we will not finish strong, we will not get a wildcard spot and Dave will not be the HC come next year. If you believe otherwise I feel sorry for you because you are setting yourself up for another poor second half. I love this team, and want a win as bad as anyone but it's not ment to be there are too many problems with the way we are playing to fix. Sorry if your an optimist and I sound like a pessimist, I prefer to be called a realist.

When we needed a three and out at the end of the Indy game, the D served it up on a silver platter.

When we needed a drive into FG range against the Pats, we did it TWICE.

You're not a realist. You're scared.

Oboy
11-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Thank you inFins... beat me to it. You and I always seem to have the same thoughts!

upstatenydolfan
11-07-2003, 11:44 AM
remember this number 2, thats how many yards frank wycheck "lateralled" the ball forward on the music city miracle. and remember what we did last time we played you, when you were supposed to be an awesome team?

DolphinzD
11-07-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by upstatenydolfan
remember this number 2, thats how many yards frank wycheck "lateralled" the ball forward on the music city miracle. and remember what we did last time we played you, when you were supposed to be an awesome team?

Hold on there, don't forget that the Titans beat the BILLS in that game. It may not have been a legal play but the bottom line is the BILLS LOST.

But yeah, I do remember that 2001 game. Carter and Kearse were supposed to be sandwiching Fiedler all game. Tennessee was supposed to win that game. But Chan Gailey got Fiedler moving on roll-outs out of the pocket, Gadsden was money, and the D came up big-time. That was a beautiful game to watch. Remember the 60-70 yard screen pass TD to Lamar Smith? The spin move he put on Kearse right at the line of scrimmage? Man, that was sweet. That spin was right up there with the move Ricky put on Ed Reed in the Baltimore game last year. Like the SportsCenter anchor said at the time, "Ricky hits the B button on Ed Reed." Very rarely do you see a textbook video game move like that in a real game, but those are two great examples.

rickykicks@$$
11-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible

When we needed a three and out at the end of the Indy game, the D served it up on a silver platter.

When we needed a drive into FG range against the Pats, we did it TWICE.

You're not a realist. You're scared.

The only thing that scares me is that girl in your picture. BTW, Just put me on your ignore list becaus I think your a punk, and I don't give a rats @$$ what you think, little girly man. I also think your an Idiot.

DolphinzD
11-07-2003, 01:29 PM

The only thing that scares me is that girl in your picture. BTW, Just put me on your ignore list becaus I think your a punk, and I don't give a rats @$$ what you think, little girly man. I also think your an Idiot.

Idiot? InFins is one of the smartest posters on this site.

LoXiN
11-07-2003, 01:36 PM
Okay lets be realistic here. If our team plays, and I dont mean just one or two players have good game, then aint no one in the league going to stop us. I am not saying this cause I'm a dolphins fan. Im saying this because its true. We got a great RB QB Defence WRs...

Like I've said before. Now is the time in the Dolphins season that they need to choose wether they are serious or wether they are going to be like the Bills (no offence Bills fans but you aint good this year.)

They have the ability now they need the mind set.

Lets all hope that they choose to play the rest of the season.

Another thing though. If we have any chance of winning in the future. We are going to need to fire Wanny. Nothing against him but he isnt doing this team and favors.

inFINSible
11-07-2003, 01:41 PM

:roflmao:

Idaphin
11-07-2003, 01:48 PM
I can’t stand it any longer. I just have to say this. The Miami Dolphins are afflicted with some sort of an insidious malaise that seems to sap our will to win. I have been a Dolphin since the founding of the team when I lived in S. FL. In short, based on my observations of 30+ years of Miami and the NFL, can that malaise be a lack of heart? Yes, some of the guys like Zack Thomas have huge heart! But, as a team? No, not that I have seen. Look at what happened when Jimmy Johnson came. He was a proven winner. He got to Miami and the malaise got him and he fell flat on his face and ended up quitting. Look at the constant December swoon; the long series of losses at the very end of the season or in the playoffs. We can’t win in the cold, we can’t win in December, and we can’t seem to win the big games.

Of course there was always an excuse, well, we didn’t have a running game; true enough; I just wonder why it took us 20+ years to correct that. Or, we didn’t have a good secondary or pass rush or an ability to go deep or the O line is poor…. Winners do not make excuses, winners go out and execute on each an every down. This team has the talent, it needs the will.

Last Sunday’s game was a great case in point. This was an important game vis-à-vis the Division and possible play offs and it was at home! Yes Indy has a very fine football team but I fail to see that it is better - on balance - than ours. No team, (save the 1972 Dolphins) is going to be perfect. Every team will have weaknesses like this Miami team does. But winners find a way to overcome and win the big games.

I do not have the answer. If I did I would be in the head office in Miami pulling down the big bucks. But I am convinced there is something dreadfully wrong in Miami and has been for a great many years. One thing I do think is that Wannstedt doesn’t seem to have what it takes to be a winner in the NFL. Coaching cannot be underestimated. Remember George Wilson? He went 4 & 10. The next season with mostly the same team, Don Shula went 10 & 4.

If I have offended, I apologize in advance – that is not my intent. I bleed aqua and coral! I just can’t stand to see my beloved Dolphins mired in mediocrity, as perennial also-rans, perennial underachievers year after sorry year. It is way past time for us to take the next step and be the kind of team I know we all want to be.

WharfRat
11-07-2003, 01:52 PM

:tsk:

That type of response is not to be tolerated.
I don't think this is the first time you've been warned about personal attacks.

Sir Charles
01-08-2004, 01:19 AM

:calm:

bongo59
01-08-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Unclemeat
Bongo, how many years in a row have they predicted the Titans were going to win the SB? Maybe four in a row. McNair can't get it done period. He may keep a team respectable over a season but when it comes down to crunch time, crunch. I like Miami's chances just as good as the Titans in the playoffs. The game will be close as usuall. Our defense will pick off at least two passes. Anymore than that and I predict Miami will win. .......thought i'd quote this lame as post again.....seems were in the playoffs again and your home again with that stupendous D you have......get a life then a coach and QB!!!!!!

Marino1983
01-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Hum and after this weekend YOU as well as ALL the thumbtack fan base will also be rooting for another team..

As the patsies will paste another loss on the overrated walking dead men from Tennessee !!

:D

Marino1983

bongo59
01-08-2004, 09:17 PM
we'll see...but at least we have a chance to beat the patsies this seaon in the playoffs.......the fins do not have that luxury

Marino1983
01-09-2004, 04:24 PM
we'll see...but at least we have a chance to beat the patsies this seaon in the playoffs.......the fins do not have that luxury

:confused: ,,,,,:lol: That and a dollar will get you a very small cup of coffee bonzo .....

Getting to the playoffs really doesn't mean a dam thing unless you get to the big game.. And YOUR thumbtacks did advance to a s-b if memory serves me right,, but CHOKED 6 yards away from a winning t-d ...

Hope you can find a warm spot to watch your "tight@$$es" for the last time this season ...

:wave:

Marino1983

dolfan06
01-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Marino1983

:confused: ,,,,,:lol: That and a dollar will get you a very small cup of coffee bonzo .....

Getting to the playoffs really doesn't mean a dam thing unless you get to the big game.. And YOUR thumbtacks did advance to a s-b if memory serves me right,, but CHOKED 6 yards away from a winning t-d ...

Hope you can find a warm spot to watch your "tight@$$es" for the last time this season ...

Marino1983 narrow, tight, same difference!;)

Marino1983
01-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
narrow, tight, same difference!;)

Along with overhyped ....

Marino1983

dolfan06
01-10-2004, 12:13 PM

Along with overhyped ....

Marino1983 well M83, you expect a fan to be pumped about their team, but after they finish in last place its rather ludicrous for them to trash talk another team!:rolleyes:

bigbry
01-10-2004, 03:20 PM
well M83, you expect a fan to be pumped about their team, but after they finish in last place its rather ludicrous for them to trash talk another team!:rolleyes:

But they cant wait till they ARE finishing in a respectable manor. This is all they have....funny, isnt it?

BB

dolfan06
01-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by bigbry

But they cant wait till they ARE finishing in a respectable manor. This is all they have....funny, isnt it?

BB well it is funny, but not funny HA HA if you know what i mean!:rolleyes:

Marino1983
01-11-2004, 08:36 AM
.......thought i'd quote this lame as post again.....seems were in the playoffs again and your home again with that stupendous D you have......get a life then a coach and QB!!!!!!

Like I have already posted,, just getting to the playoffs is one hurdle... Continuing on 3 more times is every teams goal ! The tight@$$es obiviously were not talented enough to continue on..

Now YOUR thumbtacks will have a lower position in this years draft and a (why did we lose by a field goal hangover) until the 04 regular season starts ....

Hope you like YOUR crow steamed ......

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif Thumbtack fans ....

Marino1983

dolfan06
01-11-2004, 06:56 PM

! The tight@$$es obiviously were not talented enough to continue on..

Marino1983 neither are the chefs, btw, where's squawman?:rolleyes:

Marino1983
01-11-2004, 07:08 PM
neither are the chefs, btw, where's squawman?:rolleyes:

I guess she is with her better half c-JERK...:eek:

Consoling one another,,, again and again and again and again ...

:yikes:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Marino1983

dolfan06
01-11-2004, 07:13 PM

I guess she is with her better half c-JERK...:eek:

Consoling one another,,, again and again and again and again ...

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Marino1983 did you mean cornholing or consoling?:eek:

Marino1983
01-11-2004, 07:46 PM
did you mean cornholing or consoling?:eek:

:foundout:

:roflmao:

Marino1983

CirclingWagons
01-11-2004, 09:59 PM
wow, first the Beast of the East forum, now this one...if you guys wanna share your homosexual fantasies, do it in private messages. :eek:

dolfan06
01-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by CirclingWagons
wow, first the Beast of the East forum, now this one...if you guys wanna share your homosexual fantasies, do it in private messages. :eek: go deliver your milk, you sure are lacking in football knowledge!:tongue: