PDA

View Full Version : FH tailgating in Carolina on Nov.19?

WVDolphan
10-28-2009, 12:46 AM
3 friends and I(one of which is a fellow phins fan) will be heading down to Charlotte for the phins game on Nov. 19.

Who else is going and would you guys like to set up an official FH tailgate for the game? I will be arriving in town during the day so we would like to start sometime after we check into the hotel after 3pm.

Let set this thing up nice. Plenty of brats, burgers, finger foods, and whatever beverage you like. We could all agree to bring certain things if we get a definate head count.

CedarPhin
10-28-2009, 04:23 AM
I might be able to make this game, but I'm not entirely sure yet.

JCane
10-28-2009, 05:06 AM
I'm down. Got an extra ticket? If I can't find anyone to get some tickets with, it looks like I'll be sitting alone again lol.

CedarPhin
10-28-2009, 05:20 AM
I should know if I'll be going by next week or so.

WVDolphan
10-28-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm down. Got an extra ticket? If I can't find anyone to get some tickets with, it looks like I'll be sitting alone again lol.

I have 4 tickets but, they are all spoken for. My fellow phins fan friend has already paid for his. He lives in the area and we are driving down together.

Another ticket is spoken for by a friend of mine who now lives in Raleigh NC, but has been a friend since we were little kids. He has already set up to take days off work, so I know he is a lock to meet us there.

The last ticket is for a friend going back to HS and college and now lives in South Carolina. If for some reason he backs out, which I doubt he will, then you can gladly sit with us bro. My tickets were just over $400 for the quad. We are sitting in the upper deck between the 30-50 yard lines on the phins side of the field. Section 514.

And Cedar, if you make it to this game it would kick ***.

Anyways, lets get this tailgate set up. We are bringing a good size SUV, so we can hold some stuff. If anyone has some cool tailgate games(Indiana horseshoes) that would be nice.

I could use a big jersey too if anyone has one I can borrow for the game. All I have is a Zach or Fiedler. Id love to wear a Ricky or Henne jersey during the game if anyone has an extra in the big size. Hell, Id wear a Beck jersey as a joke. :lol:

WVDolphan
10-28-2009, 10:42 AM

Im pretty sure Wevie is going to this game. Hit him up and see what his ticket situation is.

13forlife
10-29-2009, 09:07 PM
I will be there... just look for the dolphins xterra... should arrive in charlotte from south carolina around 4pm... how do we all hook up???

JCane
10-29-2009, 09:31 PM
I will be there... just look for the dolphins xterra... should arrive in charlotte from south carolina around 4pm... how do we all hook up???

You bought tickets yet?

13forlife
10-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Yep... got them off of ebay... 20 yard line... front two seats on dolphins sideline... I drop my beer and it hits the field... Paid double face for them but it is worth it. We are staying in Charlotte for the nite after the game. Nice little get away for me and the fiance. When are you driving up? Maybe we can meet up at the raceway and follow eachother

JCane
10-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Yep... got them off of ebay... 20 yard line... front two seats on dolphins sideline... I drop my beer and it hits the field... Paid double face for them but it is worth it. We are staying in Charlotte for the nite after the game. Nice little get away for me and the fiance. When are you driving up? Maybe we can meet up at the raceway and follow eachother

I'll be leaving sometime Thursday afternoon for some tailgating for sure. We can meet up in Boiling Springs at teh RaceTrac or wherever. I still haven't got my tickets because I'm still trying to find someone to go with me lol. I really don't want to sit by myself but if it comes to that I guess I'll be sitting by myself because I'm going to this game lol. What section are you in?

Ricky_Fan34
10-29-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm going, but I can't tailgate. Will probably get there right around kickoff; 8:10 or 8:00.

13forlife
10-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Sec 109

JCane
10-29-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm probably going to get left in the upper bowl. FML.

WVDolphan
10-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Sec 109

Damn and you scored those for only double face value. Mind me asking how much that ran you?

13forlife
10-30-2009, 03:52 PM
$200 each, but they are back to back... meaning the fiance will sit behind me... face value $90.00

WeVie
11-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Im pretty sure Wevie is going to this game. Hit him up and see what his ticket situation is.

yes i am going to the game and i could maybe get up to four tickets if anyone needs them.

I also have a ricky jersey if you want to wear it for the game. I bought myself a new marino throwback to wear to the game.

I will be coming down wed. night so i have all day to meet anyone before the game for lunch or whatever. I am also down for tailgating so if you need anything I can bring it.

Anyone who wants to meet up pm my a number and I will shoot mine back to you.

WVDolphan
11-03-2009, 11:32 AM
yes i am going to the game and i could maybe get up to four tickets if anyone needs them.

I also have a ricky jersey if you want to wear it for the game. I bought myself a new marino throwback to wear to the game.

I will be coming down wed. night so i have all day to meet anyone before the game for lunch or whatever. I am also down for tailgating so if you need anything I can bring it.

Anyone who wants to meet up pm my a number and I will shoot mine back to you.

Sweet dude. Id love to wear a Ricky Jersey to the game. I will definately hit you up and we can tailgate.

FinFanFromApp
11-03-2009, 12:16 PM
I'll be there not too sure what time yet. I've got class still, and I live in Raleigh.

ThaSpectacle71
11-03-2009, 04:45 PM
I have an extra ticket in the upper level corner if anyone is interested

JCane
11-03-2009, 06:45 PM
WeVie, how much for your extra tickets and which section are you guys in?

I have an extra ticket in the upper level corner if anyone is interested

And how much for your extra tickets?

I definitely need one ticket.

CedarPhin
11-03-2009, 07:20 PM
I probably won't be able to make this game.

Sorry guys.

WeVie
11-03-2009, 10:41 PM
WeVie, how much for your extra tickets and which section are you guys in?

And how much for your extra tickets?

I definitely need one ticket.

We are in sec 513 row 17 seat 5 and 6.

Not the greatest seats but I couldn't afford to spend a fortune on really good seats. They are on the Dolphins side and about 35 yard line.

Anyway, I don't have extra tickets but I may be able to grab some if you guys need them. My wife deals with several people from Charlotte with her job and two different people told her they had two extra tickets if we needed any after I payed over $200 for our two.

Anyway as I said I may be able to get four tickets if you guys need any. I know that two of them are face value of $50 each and he told her he would take $120 for the pair. I will have to get her to find out about the other two. I would assume that they are in the 500s cause mine are face @ $61.

Let me know if you want them and I will try to get them.

Also, again I want to tailgate or grab something to eat with as many of you guys and gals that are going that I could so if you want to get together pm me a number or lets make some plans here to meet up somewhere.

I will be staying at the Staybridge Suites. It is only $89 a night for a two bedroom suite I think. Here is a link.

http://www.staybridge.com/h/d/sb/1/en/hotel/cltfp?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/sb/1/en/hotelsearchresults

WeVie
11-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Only two weeks left. Let's make some plans boys!

t_sblack99z28
11-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Hey guys I have been thinking about trying to go to this game. I was looking at tickets on stub hub, how can I tell where the vistors fan will sit?

williamweasy
11-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Hope the fins are 5-4 by that time definite my girl and me will be there sec 535 row 33 chilling out

WVDolphan
11-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Cool Wevie. My seats are in 514. Same face value. $61. I paid over $400 for my four. I was looking at those seats in 513. Basically the same thing.

I kinda wanted to go with sec 513 because of Marino and 14 is my most hated number.

Nevertheless, I saw 514 as the slightly better section with more opportunity to be on the 50 yard line and the seats were slightly cheaper to the ones I was looking at in 513 and they werent as many rows up. If I were only buying 2 seats, it wouldve given me more options.

I still need to book my room too. Is that place youre staying near the stadium?

JCane
11-06-2009, 01:56 AM
We need to plan a spot to park and tailgate. At Landshark we tailgate at W-12/W-22. I'm sure Carolina's parking lot has their lot sectioned off.

WeVie
11-06-2009, 06:41 AM
Cool Wevie. My seats are in 514. Same face value. $61. I paid over $400 for my four. I was looking at those seats in 513. Basically the same thing.

I kinda wanted to go with sec 513 because of Marino and 14 is my most hated number.

Nevertheless, I saw 514 as the slightly better section with more opportunity to be on the 50 yard line and the seats were slightly cheaper to the ones I was looking at in 513 and they werent as many rows up. If I were only buying 2 seats, it wouldve given me more options.

I still need to book my room too. Is that place youre staying near the stadium?

It's about 7 miles away.

WVDolphan
11-06-2009, 11:21 AM
It's about 7 miles away.

I called. They dont allow roosters, so we have to stay somewhere else.

WeVie
11-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I called. They dont allow roosters, so we have to stay somewhere else.

HUH? I don't get it.

It's a little far but the last time I went to a fins game in cleveland, it cost $20 to park. We took a cab and it was about $5 each way and the cab dropped us off right at the gate. I hope we can so the same there but I'm not sure if there are as many cabs in charlotte or what they cost.

So who wants to meet up. I keep asking but no one is answering. Does that mean no one has any love for WeVie?

JCane
11-06-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm down. I don't know what parking costs but if anyone wants a ride from whatever hotel you're at I wouldn't mind providing rides. I'm less than an hour South of Charlotte so it's not a big deal. My problem right now is finding a decent map of the stadium parking lot. Most parking lots of that size are sectioned off and marked with numbers. It's gonna suck of everyone parks in every part of the lot and then we try to meet up.

I can't find a parking lot map!!!

WeVie
11-07-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm down. I don't know what parking costs but if anyone wants a ride from whatever hotel you're at I wouldn't mind providing rides. I'm less than an hour South of Charlotte so it's not a big deal. My problem right now is finding a decent map of the stadium parking lot. Most parking lots of that size are sectioned off and marked with numbers. It's gonna suck of everyone parks in every part of the lot and then we try to meet up.

I can't find a parking lot map!!!

I found this if it will help. Man it costs a ton to park close. That is just stupid.

http://www.preferredparking.com/eventsmap_google.asp?EventID=34

JCane
11-07-2009, 01:14 AM
Jesus. You weren't kidding it's expensive. They have $10 lots but it's a pretty good walk to the stadium it seems.

Any thoughts?

WeVie
11-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Jesus. You weren't kidding it's expensive. They have $10 lots but it's a pretty good walk to the stadium it seems.

Any thoughts?

Not really man. I don't know what to do.

I was wondering why parking tickets were selling for so much. I noticed them when I was looking for my tickets.

I also noticed some of the ten dollar lots do not allow tailgating so that sucks too.

We may just have to meet up at a restaurant or something.

WeVie
11-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Or maybe we could tailgate in someone hotel parking lot.

13forlife
11-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Ok... The way I understand it is that there is no BIG parking lot for the stadium. It is kind of like going to the indy 500... tons of small parking lots all around the area. I am more than willing to meet up with everyone. We are coming into charlotte around 4 pm... I have to drive around downtown for a few minutes with the xterra to piss off all the carolina fans, and then should be looking to park around 4:30. If anyone spots my xterra, just start yelling. Trying to hook up a speaker outside so I can loop the Miami dolphins fight song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its time to turn the tables... Fish eat the cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WeVie
11-07-2009, 01:06 PM
I will be looking for your ride. That is so sweet. i bet it will piss a lot of Panther fans off.

JCfinfan
11-11-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm coming up from Columbia SC and can get there around 5:30. Dont want to cramp anyones style but bringing the kids. Definately can stop by to say hello. Looking for 3-4 tickets. No problem paying for them. Anyone have any extras?
THanks

WeVie
11-11-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm coming up from Columbia SC and can get there around 5:30. Dont want to cramp anyones style but bringing the kids. Definately can stop by to say hello. Looking for 3-4 tickets. No problem paying for them. Anyone have any extras?
THanks

Kids don't cramp my style. We still don't have any solid plans but we still need to make some.

I think if we are unable to tailgate then we should pick a resturant or bar or sports pub or something like that and meet up before the game.

I am all for tailgating if we can find a place to do it. I could also bring anything we may need to cook or drink or whatever.

Ricky_Fan34
11-11-2009, 10:40 PM
So who's going to be there? I will be there with 3 other people. I'm not asking about tailgating or anything, I just want to get an idea of how many Dolphins fans will be there?

Ricky_Fan34
11-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Ok... The way I understand it is that there is no BIG parking lot for the stadium. It is kind of like going to the indy 500... tons of small parking lots all around the area. I am more than willing to meet up with everyone. We are coming into charlotte around 4 pm... I have to drive around downtown for a few minutes with the xterra to piss off all the carolina fans, and then should be looking to park around 4:30. If anyone spots my xterra, just start yelling. Trying to hook up a speaker outside so I can loop the Miami dolphins fight song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its time to turn the tables... Fish eat the cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES! A chance to see the FinMobile in person. All my dreams have come true!:lol:

RonBrown
11-11-2009, 11:08 PM
I'll be there with a panthers fan of mine :p

southern end zone 5 rows up i believe

Ricky_Fan34
11-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I'll be there with a friend of mine who goes to college down at UNC Charlotte. It's I believe a 5 minute drive from his dorm to the stadium. I'm at the 50 Yardline on the Panthers side. Not exactly sure at to what level it's at.

WPB-FinFan
11-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Hey all. Just wanted to chime in on this.
Got a group coming in myself.

Some getting in early on Wednesday. I get there about 5:30.
The rest will be arriving Thursday.

I called the Panthers about parking. They said there was no parking that it is all outsourced. Only parking is for VIP's. We are staying near the Epicenter and plan on walking. It appears to be about 8 or 9 blocks.

JCane
11-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Let's get an idea of where we can meet up at. If all parking is outsourced then we'll have to pick one of these outsourced lots to park or at least walk to one and gather then until gametime. I say we use the map WeVie posted previously and pick one of these. I'm gonna be looking to park at one of these $10 lots but I'm willing to walk anywhere.

http://www.preferredparking.com/eventsmap_google.asp?EventID=34

I suggest everyone park at either 300, 303, or 521. If you look on the right side of the site above, the lots are indicted in the box with these three digit numbers. All three of the ones I listed are $10 parking lots. The 521 lot seems to have the most parking spots.

Thoughts?

WPB-FinFan
11-12-2009, 12:39 AM
If all the blue is $10 then you have some pretty close lots to choose from.
Some in my group has suggested getting disposable coolers and abandoning them near the stadium.

We were hoping we could get a parking pass, like Dolphin Stadium, and tailgate there. That had us scrambling.
Probably end up at a bar or Subway before the game.

JCane
11-12-2009, 12:41 AM
If all the blue is $10 then you have some pretty close lots to choose from.
Some in my group has suggested getting disposable coolers and abandoning them near the stadium.

We were hoping we could get a parking pass, like Dolphin Stadium, and tailgate there. That had us scrambling.
Probably end up at a bar or Subway before the game.

The site WeVie posted has the lots available. You can click on those lots and they will be highlighted in the right hand box. Not all are $10 but I found the best $10 lots available. Some of those lots closer to the stadium are $25 - $35.

WPB-FinFan
11-12-2009, 12:56 AM
I see that now.

I like the 300 lot myself. At least it is on the otherside of the highway.
It's a good size and close to our hotel. I'm pretty sure most of us will be walking.
If a lot of people are going to meet there I might be able to guide my flock there.

JCane
11-12-2009, 12:58 AM
I considered the highway as well and the 300 lot was one of my options. The 303 lot is just below the 300 lot and on the other wide of the highway as well. Crossing the highway shouldn't be a problem on gameday though. Lots of people will be crossing there. Charlotte-Mecklenburg police should be onsite to guide traffic as well.

WPB-FinFan
11-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Scratch that. 300-No grilling,no tailgating.

JCane
11-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Yeah there's no tailgating in the 300 lot but walking to any of the other two lots shouldn't be a problem.

WPB-FinFan
11-12-2009, 01:00 AM
303 looks great.

JCane
11-12-2009, 01:05 AM
WeVie, WVdolphan, what say you guys?

JCane
11-12-2009, 06:04 AM
From the 521 lot to the stadium is roughly .7 miles. That's about a 5 - 10 minute walk which isn't bad at all. Again, the 521 lot is $10 and tailgating is allowed. The only noted restriction is no RV's. If you have an RV lot 500 is just across from lot 521 and parking is $25 there.

Here's a MapQuest of the walk from lot 521 to the stadium. There are no major roads here to cross.

Directions from lot to Bank of America Stadium (http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Charlotte&1s=NC&1a=521+East+Morehead&2c=Charlotte&2s=NC&2pn=Bank+of+America+Stadium#a/maps/l::521+E+Morehead+St:Charlotte:NC:28202-2631:US:35.217347:-80.847846:address:Mecklenburg+County:1/l:Bank+of+America+Stadium:800+S+Mint+St:Charlotte:NC:28202:US:35.224349:-80.852045:address::1/m::13:35.220846:-80.850905:0:::::1:1:1::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e)

WeVie
11-12-2009, 06:41 AM
Pretty much anywhere you guys choose is cool with me. The hotel I am staying at is about 8 miles away so I will be either taking a cab to uptown or parking in one of the $10 lots of possible. I can walk to the lot you choose if I can't park in it.

What time do we want to try to meet?

JCane
11-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Pretty much anywhere you guys choose is cool with me. The hotel I am staying at is about 8 miles away so I will be either taking a cab to uptown or parking in one of the $10 lots of possible. I can walk to the lot you choose if I can't park in it.

What time do we want to try to meet?

Not sure but at LandShark those ****ers won't open gates until 4 hours prior to kickoff. I think the same rule applies to every NFL team but I'm not sure how it applies to outsourced parking lots.

JCfinfan
11-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Kids don't cramp my style. We still don't have any solid plans but we still need to make some.

I think if we are unable to tailgate then we should pick a resturant or bar or sports pub or something like that and meet up before the game.

I am all for tailgating if we can find a place to do it. I could also bring anything we may need to cook or drink or whatever.

Thats what I like to hear. I will keep checking the thread for the final plans, and if able to get tickets, I will meet up with everyone.

finfan72nva
11-12-2009, 11:12 PM
well i will be at the game with 2 fellow finfans and one panther fan,coming down from richmond we are staying at the springhill suites ballentyne about 14 miles away i would like to hook up with some other finfans so please post what lot you all decide on so that i can purchase a parking pass

WVDolphan
11-13-2009, 01:48 PM
WeVie, WVdolphan, what say you guys?

Considering the parking situation and all, we have decided to make it simple and just pay the extra to stay at one of the downtown hotels. Hell, the money we would save by staying a few miles away would be shot by parking. My friend dosent want to worry about the traffic and all of that either.

So basically we have decided to book a room downtown and walk to the game.

I suggest we have a FH bar. There has to be some kind of sportsbar or something close to the stadium downtown. We should all meet up someplace there. Then we dont have to worry about bringing stuff(food and drinks) either.

Whatever you guys want to do is cool. If you guys do the tailgating thing, just post where its going to be and I will try and get there. If not, if someone knows of a good downtown bar to go or could research and find one, then post that and we could have a FH pregame party.

I will be arriving in town around 3ish and probably get to wherever Im pregaming around 4. That makes for a solid 3hrs -3.5 for dinner/drinks before walking over to the stadium.

Ricky_Fan34
11-13-2009, 01:51 PM
well i will be at the game with 2 fellow finfans and one panther fan,coming down from richmond we are staying at the springhill suites ballentyne about 14 miles away i would like to hook up with some other finfans so please post what lot you all decide on so that i can purchase a parking pass
What part of Richmond are you from? I too am from Richmond. I'm located in the west end of Henrico.

vafins
11-13-2009, 03:09 PM
im gonna be ther im staying in the hotel right next to the stadium tho

WeVie
11-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Considering the parking situation and all, we have decided to make it simple and just pay the extra to stay at one of the downtown hotels. Hell, the money we would save by staying a few miles away would be shot by parking. My friend dosent want to worry about the traffic and all of that either.

So basically we have decided to book a room downtown and walk to the game.

I suggest we have a FH bar. There has to be some kind of sportsbar or something close to the stadium downtown. We should all meet up someplace there. Then we dont have to worry about bringing stuff(food and drinks) either.

Whatever you guys want to do is cool. If you guys do the tailgating thing, just post where its going to be and I will try and get there. If not, if someone knows of a good downtown bar to go or could research and find one, then post that and we could have a FH pregame party.

I will be arriving in town around 3ish and probably get to wherever Im pregaming around 4. That makes for a solid 3hrs -3.5 for dinner/drinks before walking over to the stadium.

I like this idea also. Someone from the area should know of a good sports pub close to the stadium. I will get my wife to ask around if that would help.

hooshoops
11-14-2009, 12:01 AM
i'll be there

JCane
11-14-2009, 10:11 AM
I like this idea also. Someone from the area should know of a good sports pub close to the stadium. I will get my wife to ask around if that would help.

I'm in Chapel Hill right now for the Miami - North Carolina game. I'll swing by Charlotte later on tonight since it's on my way home and see what I can find in the area. I'll also search around online. Finding a decent bar near the stadium shouldn't be too difficult.

WeVie
11-14-2009, 11:14 AM
I found this site that has some of the best rated sports bars in the city if you guys wanna meet at one of these.

http://citysbest.aol.com/charlotte/best-nightlife/sports-bars/

WeVie
11-14-2009, 04:11 PM
What about the The Fox & Hound Pub and Grille for a meeting place? It's a little less than a mile from the stadium and about three blocks from most of the parking.

Here is a link.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Charlotte%2C+&1s=nc&1a=330+N+Tryon+St&2c=Charlotte&2s=NC&2a=800+S+Mint+St&2z=28202&2pn=Bank+Of+America+Stadium#a/maps/l::330+N+Tryon+St:Charlotte:NC:28202-2139:US:35.228987:-80.840502:address:Mecklenburg+County:1/l:Bank+of+America+Stadium:800+S+Mint+St:Charlotte:NC:28202:US:35.224349:-80.852045:address::1/m::13:35.226223:-80.846277:0:::::1:1:1::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

13forlife
11-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Fox and Hound sounds good to me... everyone??????

WeVie
11-15-2009, 02:44 PM
well that's two of us. Who else likes this idea?

What time would be a good time to meet? I was thinking about 5:30pm but I don't know if that would be too early or what.

JCane
11-15-2009, 03:18 PM
The Fox and Hound is fine with me. It's a nice little Irish bar I believe. Anytime is fine by me. I'll probably roll in around 5:00 or so. I bought tickets off of eBay yesterday so hopefully I can get all of that taken care of. Would suck to buy tickets and never get them lol.

WeVie
11-15-2009, 04:23 PM
I think i will get there about 5:30 or so.

I wonder if we should try to call and reserve an area or tables or whatever for us?

JCane
11-15-2009, 05:30 PM
I think i will get there about 5:30 or so.

I wonder if we should try to call and reserve an area or tables or whatever for us?

Might be a good idea to call tomorrow at some point and at least inquire about it. Not sure if we're bringing enough people from FinHeaven to warrant a reservation in their eye's but it's worth a shot.

WeVie
11-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Might be a good idea to call tomorrow at some point and at least inquire about it. Not sure if we're bringing enough people from FinHeaven to warrant a reservation in their eye's but it's worth a shot.

If I call I will tell them something like 20. That should be plenty to get a reservation.

JCane
11-15-2009, 05:41 PM
How many are coming for sure? I'm bringing myself +1.

WeVie
11-15-2009, 05:46 PM
How many are coming for sure? I'm bringing myself +1.

I don't know. I have my wife and myself. My brother and his wife are going to the game also. They are not coming down with us but I think they will come to the pub as well.

If I count them and you that is 6 so far.

13forlife
11-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Me + 1... we ordered her a bright orange wig, but not sure if it will make it in time... you'll recognize the truck, and I am wearing the dolphin foam head.

By the way... I am Jamie, and she is Lynne

JCane
11-15-2009, 07:33 PM
So that's 8. We might hit 20 legit lol.

buzzardmountain
11-15-2009, 07:53 PM
I'll be there with my wife.........are you guys meeting at 5:30?

13forlife
11-15-2009, 08:18 PM
5:30 Sounds great to me... gotta do some laps around downtown, and check into hotel... for those of you staying on thursday night... what are you doing after the game?

WeVie
11-15-2009, 08:40 PM
I have no plans for after. Hopefully we can celebrate. Maybe we can get back together and ride around in you Phin mobile and torment Panther fans after. :lol:

13forlife
11-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Charlotte might be a rough city at night... we may get shot at :lol2:

WeVie
11-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Charlotte might be a rough city at night... we may get shot at :lol2:

I have been to Charlotte many times. Believe it or not, Charlotte is pretty much dead after about midnight. As far as on the streets and things like that. I am sure they have clubs and things like that open.

WVDolphan
11-15-2009, 11:10 PM
I have been to Charlotte many times. Believe it or not, Charlotte is pretty much dead after about midnight. As far as on the streets and things like that. I am sure they have clubs and things like that open.

If you guys are talking postgame, Ive got two words for ya..................................

Nudi. Bar. :lol: Im sure JCane is down.

Anyways, as far as Fox and Hound bar pregame, I guess Im down. Its kinda out of the way of where Im staying. Im at the Crowne Plaza and Fox and Hound is not in between there and stadium. Is there any place closer to the stadium?? Any sports bars at all? Do they serve food at this place? I will need to eat dinner during this deal. If that place is what all you guys are set on, then I will try and come.

JCane
11-15-2009, 11:17 PM
If you guys are talking postgame, Ive got two words for ya..................................

Nudi. Bar. :lol: Im sure JCane is down.

Anyways, as far as Fox and Hound bar pregame, I guess Im down. Its kinda out of the way of where Im staying. Im at the Crowne Plaza and Fox and Hound is not in between there and stadium. Is there any place closer to the stadium?? Any sports bars at all? Do they serve food at this place? I will need to eat dinner during this deal. If that place is what all you guys are set on, then I will try and come.

Nudie bar sounds great to me lmao. I'll have my cousin with me and he's not too big on them and he's already telling me how he's broke so we have to eat and drink cheap during the trip. But it's only an hour from our place to Charlotte so it won't be too bad. And I had planned on driving back home after the game Thursday night anway. I gotta get some sleep and get up early Friday morning to catch a flight out of Atlanta back to Ft. Lauderdale for the 'Canes - Duke game on Saturday. Craaaaaaaazy weekend ahead for sure lol.

WeVie
11-15-2009, 11:23 PM
We are not set on this one for sure. I just did some searching and it seemed to be the best choice. It is only about 8 blocks from the stadium. They do have food. I read pretty good reviews about the place. This is there site.

http://www.fhrg.com/FHRG.aspx

There seem to be a few of these in the city so this is the address and number to the one I am talking about.

330 N Tryon St
Charlotte, NC 28202

704-333-4113

If anyone knows anywhere better, we can go there. I just did a search and came up with this site. This is where I found the Fox and Hound at.

http://citysbest.aol.com/charlotte/best-nightlife/sports-bars/

Bedtime for me. Night night.

WeVie
11-15-2009, 11:26 PM
And the nudie bar sounds great to me but I don't think some of the wives will agree with it too much. I know mine won't.

But for the ones that may want to go, I have two great suggestions. The Diamond Club if it's still there. It's been about 8 years since I have been there. The other one is called The Men's Club. It's been a long time since I have been there also but I am pretty sure it's still there. It's high class and expensive but it's worth it. Smoking Hotties! And they serve food.

JCane
11-15-2009, 11:33 PM
I don't think some of the wives will agree with it too much.

What wife? Not a woman alive who can talk me into marriage!

:lol:

Drfletcherdc
11-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Finding out you can't tailgate just blew my plans up. I am bringing my 14 year old son up from Atlanta on Thursday. What hotel is around the stadium?

WVDolphan
11-16-2009, 02:59 AM
Fox and Hound looks like a winner.

JCane
11-16-2009, 03:19 AM
We need to make sure everyone understands which Fox and Hound this is. WeVie, I'm not sure if you noticed but Charlotte has four of these franchises.

Here's the actual site for the Fox and Hound nearest the stadium.

http://www.foxandhound.com/locations/charlotte-uptown.aspx

Here are a few specials that they offer on Thursday.

$2 Drafts ALL DAY

$3 Heineken Bottles

$5 Monster Bombs

And here is the menu for this location.

http://www.foxandhound.com/portals/0/pdf/Grub-Menu-Enhanced.pdf

WeVie
11-16-2009, 06:26 AM
Ya. I posted their address and phone number but here it is again.

330 N Tryon St
Charlotte, NC 28202

704-333-4113

WeVie
11-16-2009, 06:27 AM
Finding out you can't tailgate just blew my plans up. I am bringing my 14 year old son up from Atlanta on Thursday. What hotel is around the stadium?

Come hang out with us at the Fox and Hound. We will do our tailgating there without the tailgate.

JCane
11-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Ya. I posted their address and phone number but here it is again.

330 N Tryon St
Charlotte, NC 28202

704-333-4113

My bad. I somehow missed that.

You calling them today?

WeVie
11-16-2009, 06:38 AM
I did a search and it looks like both clubs I mentioned are still open. If you guys go, just remember that the Men's Club is very expensive and high class. Last time I went which was about 8 years ago, a beer was $5.25 a bottle.

http://www.mensclub.com/flash/flash.html

WeVie
11-16-2009, 06:39 AM
My bad. I somehow missed that.

You calling them today?

I will call them today and tell them we have about 20.

JCane
11-16-2009, 06:43 AM
I did a search and it looks like both clubs I mentioned are still open. If you guys go, just remember that the Men's Club is very expensive and high class. Last time I went which was about 8 years ago, a beer was $5.25 a bottle.

http://www.mensclub.com/flash/flash.html

That's close to what you'll pay in Ft. Lauderdale in Las Olas for an import. Funny thing is, you can drink liqour cheaper and get drunker quicker. Red Bull Vodka $6 FTW.

Drfletcherdc
11-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Come hang out with us at the Fox and Hound. We will do our tailgating there without the tailgate.

Is Fox and Hound a restaurant? If so then thats what we will do.

JCane
11-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Is Fox and Hound a restaurant? If so then thats what we will do.

Yes. Pub/restaurant. Check my previous post. One of them had a link with a menu. Traditional/typical sports bar food.

Drfletcherdc
11-16-2009, 05:03 PM
We will be there. I just made my hotel reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn which is right by F&H.

WeVie
11-16-2009, 10:11 PM
I called today and they told me that they didn't take reservations. Said it was first come, first serve but I don't think we will have any problems.

Jamison
11-17-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm new and just checking in. I have club level tickets to the game (in fact, it's my first Dolphins game ever). I live in Charlotte, and work downtown (we call it "Uptown" around here). The Fox & Hound you guys are suggesting is further away from the stadium than you need to be... I could suggest another venue (Champions / Stool Pigeons / Wild Wing Cafe, Picasso's), but either way I'll be there with a 'Fins fan I work with.

JCane
11-17-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm new and just checking in. I have club level tickets to the game (in fact, it's my first Dolphins game ever). I live in Charlotte, and work downtown (we call it "Uptown" around here). The Fox & Hound you guys are suggesting is further away from the stadium than you need to be... I could suggest another venue (Champions / Stool Pigeons / Wild Wing Cafe, Picasso's), but either way I'll be there with a 'Fins fan I work with.

I'm open to new suggestions but I also don't want to be in a bar with a ton of Panther fans being dicks either lol. I mean I know it's gameday and all but I don't want to get lumped in with those goons. However, I have a feeling we'll be well represented come Thursday.

FinsFan74
11-17-2009, 11:14 AM
We are in sec 513 row 17 seat 5 and 6.

Not the greatest seats but I couldn't afford to spend a fortune on really good seats. They are on the Dolphins side and about 35 yard line.

Anyway, I don't have extra tickets but I may be able to grab some if you guys need them. My wife deals with several people from Charlotte with her job and two different people told her they had two extra tickets if we needed any after I payed over $200 for our two.

Anyway as I said I may be able to get four tickets if you guys need any. I know that two of them are face value of $50 each and he told her he would take $120 for the pair. I will have to get her to find out about the other two. I would assume that they are in the 500s cause mine are face @ $61.

Let me know if you want them and I will try to get them.

Also, again I want to tailgate or grab something to eat with as many of you guys and gals that are going that I could so if you want to get together pm me a number or lets make some plans here to meet up somewhere.

I will be staying at the Staybridge Suites. It is only $89 a night for a two bedroom suite I think. Here is a link.

http://www.staybridge.com/h/d/sb/1/en/hotel/cltfp?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/sb/1/en/hotelsearchresults
We're staying at Staybridge Suites in a 2 bedroom suite also!!! How cool is that!!

FinsFan74
11-17-2009, 11:23 AM
HUH? I don't get it.

It's a little far but the last time I went to a fins game in cleveland, it cost $20 to park. We took a cab and it was about $5 each way and the cab dropped us off right at the gate. I hope we can so the same there but I'm not sure if there are as many cabs in charlotte or what they cost.

So who wants to meet up. I keep asking but no one is answering. Does that mean no one has any love for WeVie?Got that covered...I checked last week on cab fares too and from hotel...21-24 dollars depending on traffic ;)

WVDolphan
11-17-2009, 11:32 AM

Guys, I dont know about you but, if this guys info is on, Im all for moving the spot to one of these locations.

Basically that Fox and Hound looks to be about the same distance from the stadium as my hotel. My hotel is almost a mile from the stadium. Fox and Hound is not along that walking path. I dont want to have to walk a mile there and another mile to the game after hanging out there. Plus we have a free shuttle from our hotel.

If there is a place closer to the stadium we could gather it would kick *** is all Im saying. :lol:

FinsFan74
11-17-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm trying to get in contact with a guy who actually tailgates. I should have some info tonight...if anyone wants to get together (I'm coming in with 2 guy friends and 1 girl), send me a PM and we'll figure this thing out

Jamison
11-17-2009, 04:04 PM
I'll be walking in from work and am used to walking all over uptown, so it really doesn't bother me one way or another. There's also a free trolley that runs up and down Trade & Tryon that may help facilitate movement, but I imagine it will fill up pretty good on game day.

The closest sports bar to the stadium that I'm aware of is Hartigans, which is actually a gay bar any day but gameday. Never been there. yelp.com/biz/hartigans-irish-pub-charlotte

The next closest one to that is George Herman's, which is an older, local joint and will likely be filled with Panthers fans. yelp.com/biz/george-hermans-charlotte

Stool Pigeons is an awesome sports bar, but it's about as far away as F&H (Pigeons is 2 blocks closer to the stadium). Also likely to be filled with Panthers fans. yelp.com/biz/stool-pigeons-coop-and-grill-charlotte

Champions is a sports bar right in the heart of Uptown, and the crowd there is likely to be business folks from all over. Been there, but it's not terribly good. yelp.com/biz/champions-charlotte

Wild Wing Cafe is new, and in the Epicenter. It's marginally closer than Stool Pigeons, but it's a few blocks over and down. It's right across the street from where I work, and one of my favorite places for lunch. yelp.com/biz/wild-wing-cafe-charlotte

Or you can just stick with F&H, which I've always enjoyed other places, but never been to uptown.

Either way, I'm looking forward to meeting some of ya'll, and really looking forward to the game. :)

WeVie
11-17-2009, 07:22 PM
I did a bunch of searches and the Fox & Hound always seemed to be the best choice.

Like I said, if anyone has anything better, I'm all for it. I'm not dead set on it or anything.

Maybe FinsFan74 can find out about the tailgating.

WeVie
11-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Guys, I dont know about you but, if this guys info is on, Im all for moving the spot to one of these locations.

Basically that Fox and Hound looks to be about the same distance from the stadium as my hotel. My hotel is almost a mile from the stadium. Fox and Hound is not along that walking path. I dont want to have to walk a mile there and another mile to the game after hanging out there. Plus we have a free shuttle from our hotel.

If there is a place closer to the stadium we could gather it would kick *** is all Im saying. :lol:

I will be driving to uptown and parking somewhere within a few blocks of the Fox & Hound hopefully. Maybe I could swing by and get you guys. That will save you a coupel of miles walk if that would help.

13forlife
11-17-2009, 08:38 PM
After leaving the fox and hound, I am going to try to park closer to the stadium.... Any 2-3 people are welcome to a ride from the F and H in the Xterra!!!!

WeVie
11-17-2009, 09:49 PM
After leaving the fox and hound, I am going to try to park closer to the stadium.... Any 2-3 people are welcome to a ride from the F and H in the Xterra!!!!

I would love to go for a ride in the Fin Mobile!

WVDolphan
11-18-2009, 01:42 PM
I will be driving to uptown and parking somewhere within a few blocks of the Fox & Hound hopefully. Maybe I could swing by and get you guys. That will save you a coupel of miles walk if that would help.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

If fox and hound is all set then thats fine. I dont mind going there at all, especially if we get a ride to there in the first place. The walking distance from F&H to the stadium is about the same as it is from our hotel. So thats definately cool with me.

Im staying at the Crowne Plaza btw.

WeVie
11-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks. I appreciate it.

If fox and hound is all set then thats fine. I dont mind going there at all, especially if we get a ride to there in the first place. The walking distance from F&H to the stadium is about the same as it is from our hotel. So thats definately cool with me.

Im staying at the Crowne Plaza btw.

I don't mind swinging by and picking you guys up. I have room for three, maybe four if ya wanna cram into the back seat. I will pm you my number and you can give me yours if you want so we can get up with each other.

WeVie
11-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Well boys and gals. I'm here in the big town of Charlotte! We only got about 22 and half hours to kickoff.

Let's go fins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13forlife
11-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Will see you all tomorrow at fox and hound... LET"S GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WeVie
11-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Will see you all tomorrow at fox and hound... LET"S GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may have to go get WV if you don't mind. My wife if freaking out about picking up a stanger as she calls him. I tried to tell her he is not a stanger sorta.

Sorry WV. :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

JCane
11-19-2009, 12:37 AM
WV, if you need a ride anywhere just let me know. Picking up complete strangers is my specialty.

WVDolphan
11-19-2009, 12:51 AM
WV, if you need a ride anywhere just let me know. Picking up complete strangers is my specialty.

Thanks guys. But its all good. My friend from Raleigh is meeting us down there, so we can just take his car.

What will you guys be wearing so I will know when I get to F&H who to look for. The only jerseys I have are Z.Thomas and Fiedler. I dont think Im going to break those out so I may not even have phins gear on.

Im betting JCane will be sporting a Porter jersey. :lol:

JCane
11-19-2009, 12:57 AM
Thanks guys. But its all good. My friend from Raleigh is meeting us down there, so we can just take his car.

What will you guys be wearing so I will know when I get to F&H who to look for. The only jerseys I have are Z.Thomas and Fiedler. I dont think Im going to break those out so I may not even have phins gear on.

Im betting JCane will be sporting a Porter jersey. :lol:

I should be easy to spot. I'm always rocking some 'Cane gear for sure.

Definitely won't be sporting a Joey Porter jersey haha.

13forlife
11-19-2009, 01:19 AM
White Jason Taylor Jersey and Dolphins foamhead... Fiance will have aqua JT jersey. See ya soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vafins
11-19-2009, 03:46 AM
its like i kinda wanna meet up but im 22 and i think i will feel like a baby right

JCane
11-19-2009, 03:49 AM
its like i kinda wanna meet up but im 22 and i think i will feel like a baby right

:err:

You're old enough to drink. Just don't come and drink like a baby! At 22 years-old you should be a well rounded college student with an iron stomach. Stop on by, my friend.

vafins
11-19-2009, 03:53 AM
haha well im more of a ricky willams if you get me drinking isnt my strong point but we will see whats up tomorrow lets go phins

JCane
11-19-2009, 04:02 AM
Nothing wrong with being a "Ricky" fan if that's what you're into lol. Swing by. It's not a private party. The more the merrier.

WeVie
11-19-2009, 06:58 AM

don't try to make us feel like a bunch of old farts. we are not that old yet. come meet up with us and join the fun.

WeVie
11-19-2009, 07:00 AM
haha well im more of a ricky willams if you get me drinking isnt my strong point but we will see whats up tomorrow lets go phins

I don't drink either, nor does my wife so that's three of us. Come join us.

WeVie
11-19-2009, 07:04 AM
I will be wearing a Marino aqua throwback and jeans. Don't know what my wife is wearing but she is a Jets fan so she will not be wearing any Phins gear. She is blonde and I have long hair so we should be easy to spot.

Just turned on mike and mike in the morning and found out Ronnie is out for the year. OH NO. :boohoo:

JCane
11-19-2009, 07:04 AM
don't try to make us feel like a bunch of old farts. we are not that old yet. come meet up with us and join the fun.

+1

13forlife
11-19-2009, 08:14 AM
A JETS FAN????? and you married her??? :crazy:Just kidding... my fiance is a... ummmm.... gulp...... Skins fan! But she is wearing a JT jersey for me, and I am desperately trying to convert her.

Jamison
11-19-2009, 10:52 AM
I'll have an aqua Ronnie Brown jersey, with a cap. I have a full beard, so that should help. Guy I'm with will have a white JT jersey, I think.

WeVie
11-19-2009, 11:57 AM
has anyone arrived yet? I drove through uptown this morning and found our meeting place. it's really not that far from the field. if i'm guessing, about a 15 minute walk.

WPB-FinFan
11-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Which lot are people meeting?

WPB-FinFan
11-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Where's the meeting place.
We got here last night.

WeVie
11-19-2009, 01:24 PM
we are meeting at the Fox & Hound Pub and Grille around 5 or 5:30. Check this thread for the address. The one we are meeting at is in uptown on Tryon St. It is really close to Discovery Place if that helps.

WPB-FinFan
11-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks. I want to try to make it there.
There's only about 30 of us here now.
Hopefully the rest will be around here by then.

moe
11-19-2009, 03:30 PM
I'll be going. How far away is the Fox and Hound away from the stadium? What time are you leaving the pub? Is there parking close by for the game?

JCane
11-19-2009, 03:41 PM
I'll be going. How far away is the Fox and Hound away from the stadium? What time are you leaving the pub? Is there parking close by for the game?

The Pub is roughly a 15 minute walk to the stadium. There's plenty of parking all over the area. The stadium area itself doesn't have a lot of parking so there are lots scattered who have been outsourced for parking.

vafins
11-19-2009, 05:11 PM
everyones favorite dan henning is walking around near the stadium just took a picture with him lol