PDA

View Full Version : Sick of the Armchair Quarterbacks

JC
10-31-2009, 03:15 PM
So I have noticed a trend around these parts lately. People have to find a new person to dog each and every week. Past few weeks it was Ted Ginn. Then it was Crowder. Then it was Fasano. First week it was Long.

If you can do so much better then get your *** out there on that field. All I am hearing is cut this guy, cut that guy, this guy is garbage. Enough. They are professional athletes. You are but a mere fan. A spectator. Someone that watches. If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen. Because I bet that while you are sitting in your nice cushioned computer arm chair drinking a cold beer these guys are putting in hours on the practice field, weight room and film room.

Give it a rest.

SQuinn17
10-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Im sick of people saying they're sick of "armchair quarterbacks." It's a message board dude, what do you expect?

3rdandinches
10-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Ya, I'm sick of fans with an opinion. Educated or not it's pathetic, shut up and watch the games, hand your money over and like it! Do not question these great athletes getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, do not question coaches decisions because they know more then you!

Enjoy the game this weekend, buy a new Ginn jersey and don't question anthing like a real fan should do!!!

DzakkH13
10-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Man, if I could get paid millions of $$$ to drop balls in a game like Ted Ginn, I would do it in a heartbeat!

Smith21
10-31-2009, 03:37 PM
im sick of mcdonalds.. 1$ double cheeseburgers makes me fat :(

LouPhinFan
10-31-2009, 04:07 PM
With 1800 posts, I would have thought you would know how things work on an internet messageboard...

WVDolphan
10-31-2009, 04:23 PM
So I have noticed a trend around these parts lately. People have to find a new person to dog each and every week. Past few weeks it was Ted Ginn. Then it was Crowder. Then it was Fasano. First week it was Long.

If you can do so much better then get your *** out there on that field. All I am hearing is cut this guy, cut that guy, this guy is garbage. Enough. They are professional athletes. You are but a mere fan. A spectator. Someone that watches. If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen. Because I bet that while you are sitting in your nice cushioned computer arm chair drinking a cold beer these guys are putting in hours on the practice field, weight room and film room.

Give it a rest.

Get ****ing real. Fans have every right to bash a player for their performance/behavior.

Speaking for myself, If I had the talent these dudes had, I would gladly get out there and collect my huge checks. And if I made mistakes or simply got overmatched in a game/games, then taking heat from fans comes with the territory.

Hey, if the players dont like it.....its a free country. They are MORE THAN WELCOME to take a regular job like most of us have and live paycheck to paycheck as opposed to playing football and taking heat if they blow or getting praised when they perform well to go along with those huge checks they cash.

Which do you think they will choose? If they cant take the heat, then they can get out of the kitchen......well maybe into the kitchen. Im sure a few of them would be working in kitchens if they didnt have football talent that allowed them to get a free college degree(Im sure half of those degrees didnt require they actually put in the work for that either). Hell, Im sure some even with a degree arent qualified to perform the jobs most of us do.

So quit whining for them and get ****ing real man. If they want to whine about what fans post/chant at a game/say on talk radio, then let them speak for themselves. If they do, it will just show they cant take it(Vince Young) and will find themselves slipping out of the league. It comes with the territory and MOST everyone seems to understand that and can handle it.....especially the players. They wont whine about it because they KNOW they are coming out way ahead in this little deal.

Besides, a lot of the guys who take a lot of heat bring it on themselves by constantly yapping it up in front of the camera/mic. Such as Crowder. What do you expect him to get cheered after a week of talking smack then going out there and sticking up the field?

KingNick88
10-31-2009, 04:32 PM
ummm.... What are fans supposed to do? Give up and say we'll get 'em next year? Your on a message board full of die hard Dolphins fans and you tell them not o express their opinion? Okay God...

kud
10-31-2009, 04:41 PM
It's called accountability, heard of it?

Pandarilla 72
10-31-2009, 04:43 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/10/disco-1.gif

bigchub22
10-31-2009, 04:49 PM
Glad its halloween cause this thread is just scary and awful....get a clue fan stands for fanatical and if your fanatical i promise you will have an opinion ...guess your not a fan

Vaark
10-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Now that you mention it, I'm just sick of LazyBoys!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/10/5piu4x-2.jpg

ebozzz
10-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Now that you mention it, I'm just sick of LazyBoys!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/10/5piu4x-2.jpg

Hey, want to sell that one in the picture? I'm sick of not having one!

pmdiaz23
10-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Are you serious???? you post this on a fan forum board?

JerryD
10-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Give it a rest.

The fans are doing THEIR bit ... they pour $Billions$ of Dollars into the NFL.
The players you mentioned make $Millions$ and are NOT doing their bit.

The fans have EVERY RIGHT to hold them accountable!! ... Fans are paying them their paychecks!! I wouldn't expect anything less!!:crazy:

Wildbill3
10-31-2009, 06:05 PM
wow. How about we send out a memo that nobody can talk about anything, shut down the forums here, ask all the other forums to shut down so that we can please the vocal minority of people who complain about complainers?

Wildbill3
10-31-2009, 06:06 PM
Man, if I could get paid millions of $$$ to drop balls in a game like Ted Ginn, I would do it in a heartbeat!
you said balls. :chuckle:

pmdiaz23
10-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah.... cool.....

DzakkH13
10-31-2009, 07:03 PM
you said balls. :chuckle:

I don't get it? :ponder:

Oh...ok, lol. Jk. Funny sh*t. Nice catch. I didn't even notice I said it like that. :chuckle: