PDA

View Full Version : Mike Alstott

miadphan13
03-06-2002, 06:01 PM
I want to know if Mike Alstott would be a good possibility for us. I know he is a GREAT player for the Bucs and according to the following, it looks like he might eventually be available. Could we use him? Be nice, I'm learning. :)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1346436.html

"Whether or not tailback Warrick Dunn exits as a free agent, new coach Jon Gruden has to get an every-down back, and give up on the notion that Mike Alstott could be a guy who fits into the West Coast offense he will install. The solutions: The Bucs need to intensify their efforts to trade Abraham and Alstott, and at least recoup a portion of the draft pick bounty they paid in compensation for Gruden, by doing so."

dolphan39
03-06-2002, 06:07 PM
would be a bit too much of a luxury unless you are ready to start him as a HB w/Konrad as the FB. Either way, I would rather have a faster HB.

dolfan87
03-06-2002, 06:07 PM
Maid, while Alstott is a tough SOB, we need an every down back too. I really think unless the Browns change their mind and offer up the first for RW, we will have him, and this will be over with.

Alstott would make a great FB in Gruden's system, I don't understand what the hell they are talking about.

miadphan13
03-06-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by dolfan87
Alstott would make a great FB in Gruden's system, I don't understand what the hell they are talking about.

Me either..............but you know Gruden is gonna clean house. :rolleyes:

dolphan39
03-06-2002, 06:11 PM
this says http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/fanball/20020306/fanball-buccaneersalstottont.html that Gruden is just trying to entice Dunn to re-sign and get some picks

miadphan13
03-06-2002, 06:12 PM
Cool!! Thanks guys! ;)

BigDoug
03-06-2002, 07:13 PM
Alstotts a stud. Do you remember John Riggins?

miadphan13
03-06-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by BigDoug
Do you remember John Riggins?

Yeah man! :D Redskins, right? :)

akfinfan
03-06-2002, 07:30 PM
SCREW ALSTOTT............WE WANT RICKY WILLIAMS!!!!!!!

dolfan87
03-06-2002, 07:45 PM
Alstotts a stud. Do you remember John Riggins?

Yea and we remember Larry Czonka too, but I still wouldn't want to see Alstott in our backfield, as he is slower then Lamar, and while he makes tough hard runs, I would rather see a pure runner behind our O line.

BigDoug
03-06-2002, 07:57 PM
Too funny! Alstott just reminds me of Riggins. I wasn't intentionally trying to slam the 'phins by bringing him up. I forgot he ran the ball down your throats in the '83 SB.

Marino1983
03-06-2002, 10:49 PM
Too funny! Alstott just reminds me of Riggins. I wasn't intentionally trying to slam the 'phins by bringing him up. I forgot he ran the ball down your throats in the '83 SB. Sorta Kinda like what happened to the Jills in the 1992 S-B huh ? But if memory serves me correctly (only a whole lot worse), I think the score ended up 52 to 17 and the game wasn't even that close !! Marino1983 :eek:

CHOPS44
03-06-2002, 11:11 PM
Alstott. I played against him in HighSchool.
What a great game. We were up by four with 30 seconds left. They were on our 3 yard line.
Alstott hand off up the middle, Chops playing his SS position came up to challenge the run....
they collided on the one yard line and.....you guessed it.....FUMBLE! We recovered and won the game!
A year later he was playing for Purdue and I was in the Army playing for the FT Hood base team.

BTY-just kidding about the final score. We lost,40-6, but I did force him to fumble. As for the 40-6 score, hey, he was on a really good Joliet Catholic team.

dolfan87
03-06-2002, 11:47 PM
lol...great story Chopps...fumble!!

MegaJetJoe
03-07-2002, 07:36 AM
Alstott is a tough guy! But not tough enough for an every down back. He would be a bad choice for you guys. you need quickness in the back field and a sure handed back, in other words no fumbler.......... get the picture?

miadphan13
03-07-2002, 06:29 PM
Great story Chops! :D

BTW, where's #10? ;)

Muck
03-07-2002, 07:20 PM
Hey Chops. I guess you scarred him for life. I think Alstott's fumbles are the direct result of flashbacks to your collision.

Capt. Dick
03-07-2002, 07:50 PM
I met M. Alstott along with other teamates whan they were here on spring break his senior season. Really nice, well mannered kid. Thought at the time he would make a great Dolphin. :)

miadphan13
03-07-2002, 08:30 PM
I agree Capt. Dick. :) I also met Mike Alstott at a Bucs scrimmage at Edgewater High School in Orlando. He seems like a nice guy and all I have to say is.........

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif :lol:

Capt. Dick
03-07-2002, 08:44 PM
Hi 13, Don`t tell me you`re infatuated with a TB player! :( :D

miadphan13
03-07-2002, 08:46 PM
Infatuated is the wrong word! :lol:

I try VERY HARD to discriminate, but it's tough sometimes! :lol:

At least he's on a Florida team! ;)

CHOPS44
03-08-2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Muck
Hey Chops. I guess you scarred him for life. I think Alstott's fumbles are the direct result of flashbacks to your collision.

What can I say?
I'm a badas$.
Men fear me.
Women flock to me.
I made Alstott see dead people.

bty:
13-love the pink pants.
I bet you smell like a field of fresh flowers.

dolfan87
03-08-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by CHOPS44

What can I say?
I'm a badas$.
Men fear me.
Women flock to me.

bty:
13-love the pink pants.
I bet you smell like a field of fresh flowers.

Chops they are coral pants, and I am still waiting to see her in the Cheer leader outfit. :D

miadphan13
03-08-2002, 02:35 AM
As for you Chops, all I can say is "one-way ticket to Florida upon conversion to Dolphinism!" :D Bring it! ;)

As for you 87, yes, they are coral pants. :) As for the cheerleading outfit, you will need to wait. :( But, I posted a bikini photo on the cheerleader thread in the Lounge, which is where I believe this thread is headed. :lol:

Muck
03-08-2002, 02:48 AM
What can I say?
I'm a badas$.
Men fear me.
Women flock to me.

LOL. I love it. :lol:

CHOPS44
03-08-2002, 02:56 AM
coral pants?
is that a color?
or the style?
i'm not up on the colors or styles of women's clothing.
i just know what looks good.
pinkie/coral/whatever/panties=good

13-why don't we see who wins the next game? the loser can convert. we can still live in florida(chicago's really cold right now). i have plenty of jet stuff for the both of us, should you lose.

Dolfan984
03-08-2002, 02:58 AM
Jets *hiss* ;)

miadphan13
03-08-2002, 03:48 AM
I just know what looks good.

Yea, YOU in a Dolphins jersey! ;)

13-why don't we see who wins the next game? the loser can convert. we can still live in florida(chicago's really cold right now). i have plenty of jet stuff for the both of us, should you lose.

:lol: Another bet from a Jets fan! Damn! The Dolphins better NOT let me down again! YIKES!! :eek: :lol: That's a kind offer there Chops, but I am WILD about the Dolphins and even if the Jets win, I can't be converted or tamed. ;) LOYALTY :) Anyway, I like my offer better and I have lots of Dolphins stuff that I can share. :) You do seem to know ALOT about the Dolphins and I don't even know who Don Maynard is. :confused: C'mon Chops, step into the light, become a Fin fan. ;)

BTW, it's 57 degrees in gorgeous Florida tonight! :D

iceblizzard69
03-08-2002, 06:06 PM
Chops - I guess the moral of his story is that you can win a one on one battle against someone but in the end you may not win the same battle.