PDA

View Full Version : Fin Fans pick our first rounder

fgrocker
11-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Hey guys, based on our record and upcoming schedule, the Fins' pick looks to be in the 10-15 range for this year's draft. Who would you want to pick? Obviously, for this purpose, we are assuming the 10 guys in the poll have a chance of being available in this range.

jim1
11-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Aurelious Benn

BobDole
11-04-2009, 04:05 PM
spikes or mcclain for me.

tcolli17
11-04-2009, 09:02 PM
spikes will fall to late second round. look what happened to Rey Rey last year.

TheDon74
11-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Dez Bryant all day for me. But I don't think he will still be on the board and this FO doesn't like to trade up.

Ricky_Fan34
11-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Terrence Cody. Good possibility for us too, because we all know how much Parcells would love a big stud 3-4 nose tackle.

3rdandinches
11-04-2009, 10:39 PM
McClain.

XxfeensterxX
11-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Well I think we need 1 great safety to really make our secondary work.

I went with Taylor Mays due to his amazing speed and his hitting ability.

Prawzpekt
11-05-2009, 05:24 AM
I would really like to get Cody, but if not Taylor Mays would be my second pick cause im bias like that :P

Ozfin77
11-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Rolando McLain aaaaall day for me. I hope he comes out and we get a shot at him. I really think we need that someone in the middle. He is a "defensive QB".

I would have considered Terrence Cody, but Paul Soliai seems to be coming along now thankfully.

Farmer
11-05-2009, 08:44 AM
I just like that (as of right now) the tide have the most votes. McClain!

TedSlimmJr
11-05-2009, 10:44 AM
I just like that (as of right now) the tide have the most votes. McClain!

If only this were the coaches poll, eh.....:lol:

ChambersWI
11-05-2009, 02:04 PM
all depends on where we end up picking. IMO our biggest weakness right now is a playmaking LB. If Clemons/Culver can prove to be competent FS we don't need that early., and Solia's play makes getting an NT early less of a need (still need a backup for him though). If McClain or Spikes is available, I'd take them. If Dez Bryant of Reg Benn is avaiable, gotta heavily consider both of them.

WelcomeBack
11-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Of the options given, it's hard for me to make 1 choice. In order, I'd probably say:

1. Rolando McClain
2. Taylor Mays
3. Dez Bryant

Then other options like Arrelious Benn and Greg Hardy and Sergio Kindle make a good case.

WelcomeBack
11-05-2009, 03:04 PM

I know you are a Gators fan, but after what I saw of Spikes, I want no part of him. The eye gouging was completely uncalled for and the "punishment" handed out was ridiculous.

Roman529
11-05-2009, 05:54 PM
McClain is who I want, followed by Dez Bryant. Either one would be great.

miami71
11-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Get McClain!!! I think Cody might fall to us in the 2and round. Serious weight issues! I don't care how they do it. If they have to trade up to get McClain, DO IT! He will be worth it!!!

BobDole
11-05-2009, 11:15 PM
I know you are a Gators fan, but after what I saw of Spikes, I want no part of him. The eye gouging was completely uncalled for and the "punishment" handed out was ridiculous.

it was bad. no doubt. but i feel like the whole thing has been a little overblown. not only did easley (the guy he *tried* to gouge) say spikes didn't deserve a suspension b/c that kind of crap happens all the time, but also spikes went ahead and suspended himself for the whole game - which shows a lot of character. it was an unfortunate incident, but it's not quite as terrible as everyone is making it out to be. i understand where you're coming from though.

Prawzpekt
11-06-2009, 04:51 AM
oh snap I didn't hear about him suspending himself. damn I didn't know he was taking it this hard especially after even Ealey supported him. That's a type of dude I want on my team. Can you say team player?

X-Pacolypse
11-06-2009, 11:56 AM
My first choice is Rolando McClain. Slide him in right next to Crowder. If McClain is unavailable, then it goes like this:

2. Terrence Cody
3. Jermaine Gresham
4. Dez Bryant
5. Aurrelious Benn

WelcomeBack
11-06-2009, 12:01 PM
it was bad. no doubt. but i feel like the whole thing has been a little overblown. not only did easley (the guy he *tried* to gouge) say spikes didn't deserve a suspension b/c that kind of crap happens all the time, but also spikes went ahead and suspended himself for the whole game - which shows a lot of character. it was an unfortunate incident, but it's not quite as terrible as everyone is making it out to be. i understand where you're coming from though.

The main thing I have with it...is it wasn't an accidental eye gouging. He jammed his fingers through the facemask with intent to harm. Now I know it was an unfortunate incident on Spikes' part, because I've never seen that from him before. Although I say, I'm a little more cautious with picking him now. He's on hell of a talent, I'll give that to him. If he's a Dolphin, I will support him and hope that one incident is behind him...but I'm cautious of him.

Prawzpekt
11-06-2009, 12:47 PM
well he did suspend himself for the entire game, I'd say he's trying to put it behind him and then some!

WelcomeBack
11-06-2009, 02:31 PM
well he did suspend himself for the entire game, I'd say he's trying to put it behind him and then some!

I'd say it deserved more. Because you can't fine a college player. I made the same argument when Vince Wilfork did it to I believe Brandon Jacobs. The ridiculous initial suspension was laughable. Brandon Spikes pretty much tried to save face by doing this. I'd say the suspension should have been more.

#1dolphinsfan
11-06-2009, 03:08 PM
spikes will fall to late second round. look what happened to Rey Rey last year.
He didnt fall to the late second i would bet if he would have fell to us at the 44th spot we would have taken him over Pat White he was taken early in the second not late in the second

ticophin
11-07-2009, 09:33 AM
What if KONG Suh falls? What if Berry is available?
Ill stick with my pick, McClain....biggest area of need

garbett121
11-07-2009, 05:16 PM

I was going to post a thread about how i hope no one wants that (insert your favorite expletive word)...How blatant was that?? I don't want any part of that guy, he's rubbed me the wrong way and that set me over the top....I like Gresham Berry and Mcclain but can't decide

fgrocker
11-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey, its good to see we have so many options available to us at this spot in the draft. I just hope the trifecta doesn't pull something out of left field like Saban or Cam would do...

fgrocker
11-07-2009, 05:45 PM
What if KONG Suh falls? What if Berry is available?
Ill stick with my pick, McClain....biggest area of need

Obviously Berry would be at the top of the board if that happened. I'm not sure we go after Suh, I don't really see him as a nose tackle, more of a 4-3 DT. However, if either of these guys fell to us, chances are great that another team would trade up to take them. It's not gonna happen.

tcolli17
11-08-2009, 12:02 AM
He didnt fall to the late second i would bet if he would have fell to us at the 44th spot we would have taken him over Pat White he was taken early in the second not late in the second
I was just using an exapmle of a middle linebacker that fell out of the projected top 15 to the second round (38th). Given that the talent of this year's draft is stronger, if you rate Spikes and Rey Rey the same coming out of college, what round does he realistically go in? Late second. But I would rate Spikes quite a bit lower than Rey Rey. But you never know who will pan out in the NFL, Rey Rey's doing very good in Cincy.