11-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Seriously?

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/69841967.html

Namor
11-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Atta boy Lane!!

RustyGator
11-12-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm glad someone posted this. ARMED ROBBERY is a BIG DEAL! This trumps a massive amount of transgressions by other student-athletes in the last couple years. They even had some girl with a getaway car. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't kicked off the team (plus he's been complaining and threatening to transfer anyways). Seriously, people complain about what Spikes did...that is NOTHING compared to Armed-freakin-robbery. I just hope the authorities in Tennessee take this seriously and not treat him differently because he's one of their "athletes."

kpcane
11-12-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm glad someone posted this. ARMED ROBBERY is a BIG DEAL! This trumps a massive amount of transgressions by other student-athletes in the last couple years. They even had some girl with a getaway car. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't kicked off the team (plus he's been complaining and threatening to transfer anyways). Seriously, people complain about what Spikes did...that is NOTHING compared to Armed-freakin-robbery. I just hope the authorities in Tennessee take this seriously and not treat him differently because he's one of their "athletes."

Jesus, where was this outrage with Tony Joiner? :rolleyes2:

RustyGator
11-12-2009, 05:07 PM
haha...I'm hoping you're joking :)

kpcane
11-12-2009, 05:28 PM
The only joke is the Gainesvillle police department and the enablers, I mean citizens, of Gainesville.

Dolfan3773
11-12-2009, 08:53 PM
They just love throwing their hopes and dreams down the toilet huh?

RustyGator
11-13-2009, 11:50 AM
The only joke is the Gainesvillle police department and the enablers, I mean citizens, of Gainesville.

Such a hater.

kpcane
11-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Such a hater.

How's that?

Awsi Dooger
11-13-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't think Gator fans realize how pathetic it looks, when they gleefully grasp a topic like this, as if it comparatively cleanses everything from their program over the past few years simply because a program they've been feuding with suddenly finds adversity.

The most ridiculous example is the Joseph Goodman column in the Herald today. It's the most juvenile commentary I've ever read in a major paper. Goodman has been covering every Gator game and obviously is a fan, based on the tone and focus of his articles. Then today, as predictable as Moss burning our secondary last week, Goodman launches an infantile rant against Lane Kiffin, nothing but fluff. It's full of, "What about this, Lane?" and, "What about that, Lane?" :lol:

BobDole
11-14-2009, 02:12 AM
I don't think Gator fans realize how pathetic it looks, when they gleefully grasp a topic like this, as if it comparatively cleanses everything from their program over the past few years simply because a program they've been feuding with suddenly finds adversity.

The most ridiculous example is the Joseph Goodman column in the Herald today. It's the most juvenile commentary I've ever read in a major paper. Goodman has been covering every Gator game and obviously is a fan, based on the tone and focus of his articles. Then today, as predictable as Moss burning our secondary last week, Goodman launches an infantile rant against Lane Kiffin, nothing but fluff. It's full of, "What about this, Lane?" and, "What about that, Lane?" :lol:

umm ... okay. i just think it's damn ironic that this happened to kiffin after all the extreme **** he's talked this year. his foot could not be lodged into his mouth any harder. and i feel this way b/c i'm a college football fan - not a gators fan. does this alleviate any of the **** that's happened in gainesville the past few years? nah. is it far worse by comparison and hilariously ironic this happened to kiffin? yup.

RustyGator
11-14-2009, 10:16 AM

Unbelievable. Just because I'm a Gator fan and I make a comment about a high profile kid getting arrested for ARMED ROBBERY, I'm all-of-a-sudden "gleefully grasp"? Give me a break dude. I don't care what program this kid goes to...armed robbery is a big freakin deal. However, I do see your point that some football fans see this as a representation of Lane Kiffin. And while I think it's ironic and funny that he promotes how clean he and his program is, and then this happens...I think this arrest has nothing to do with him. I've stated this opinion before. While a coach has some control over their players, they only have [I]so much control.

A lot of big-time programs tend to have a few more bad eggs in the group than the non-big-time programs because a lot of these really high-profile student-athletes think they can get away with any crime they want. Urban Meyer is not immune to issues. I'm not saying he's perfect...I'm not that naive.

But what this story really has to deal with is a young kid making a REALLY dumb move and committing Armed Robbery! This is so much bigger than throwing a punch, or poking an eye, or even running away from a cop. What these kids did was inexcusable and I think they should be kicked off the team.

305Miami
11-14-2009, 11:14 AM
But what this story really has to deal with is a young kid making a REALLY dumb move and committing Armed Robbery! This is so much bigger than throwing a punch, or poking an eye, or even running away from a cop. What these kids did was inexcusable and I think they should be kicked off the team.

Ronnie Wilson shot a ****ing semiautomatic rifle in the streets after an altercation with a man, he was suspended and let back on to the Gators a year later. Then arrested for possession of marijuana-the charge was dropped...even though he was already of probation? After that,he was arrested for assault and battery, and then he finally gets kicked off the team...

This is a little bit bigger than pointing a plastic gun at any one for anything. Dont be so defensive Gaytors, you still hold the title Thug U.

Oraclepz
11-14-2009, 12:25 PM
should be kicked off the team no question about it. I agree with the above poster. Spikes eye gouging punishment was a joke. A half??? come one really?? but armed robbery is just ridiculous. Even if i was a Tennessee fan i wouldn't want no part of these idiots.

BobDole
11-14-2009, 03:46 PM
How's that?

good one. :rimshot:

kpcane
11-14-2009, 03:53 PM
good one. :rimshot:

I'm not a man of the law, but I'd assume that breaking and entering and grand theft auto is probably somewhere in the vicinity of armed robbery. Am I wrong?

BobDole
11-14-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm not a man of the law, but I'd assume that breaking and entering and grand theft auto is probably somewhere in the vicinity of armed robbery. Am I wrong?

i'm not a whatever of the whatever, but i'd assume that someone who talks constant **** about the gators and the city of gainesville is probably somewhere in the vicinity of being a hater. am i wrong?

kpcane
11-14-2009, 04:02 PM
i'm not a whatever of the whatever, but i'd assume that someone who talks constant **** about the gators and the city of gainesville is probably somewhere in the vicinity of being a hater. am i wrong?

Where do I talk constant **** about the gators? I think Urban Meyer is a dirtbag, but I'd think he's a dirtbag if he was a bagger at Publix. I think they had an easy schedule this year, but most of the country thinks that too. And I think the city of Gainesville completely turned a blind eye to the Tony Joiner situation, and you'd have to be incredibly naive to think otherwise.

I have much more to worry about than 'hating' on Florida. I think you can't understand that the truth hurts, and it doesn't make someone a 'hater' when they observe those truths.

BobDole
11-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Where do I talk constant **** about the gators? I think Urban Meyer is a dirtbag, but I'd think he's a dirtbag if he was a bagger at Publix. I think they had an easy schedule this year, but most of the country thinks that too. And I think the city of Gainesville completely turned a blind eye to the Tony Joiner situation, and you'd have to be incredibly naive to think otherwise.

I have much more to worry about than 'hating' on Florida. I think you can't understand that the truth hurts, and it doesn't make someone a 'hater' when they observe those truths.

i don't care either way man. i just don't understand why you can't admit it. no biggie.

gotta get ready for this damn wedding.

kpcane
11-14-2009, 06:52 PM
i don't care either way man. i just don't understand why you can't admit it. no biggie.

gotta get ready for this damn wedding.

If you don't care, then why don't you advance the debate instead of trying to slow it down?

RustyGator
11-14-2009, 09:05 PM

See, I am a man of the law. And this is an incorrect statement. Breaking and entering and "grand theft auto" is absolutely not in the same vicinity of Armed Robbery. For instance, if someone happens to die during an armed robbery, the offender is then subject to capital punishment penalties (i.e., the same penalties as pre-mediated murder!). The two crimes aren't even in the same state, let alone the same ballpark.

I'm not a big fan of namecalling. I know it wasn't you, kpcane that said it, but still think using names like "Gaytors" is ridiculous during an argument. Just my opinion though. And like I said before, I'm not here with the purpose of defending what former Gators have done either. All I'm saying is that what these 3 kids did was SERIOUS and they should be kicked off the team.

And enough comparing to UF. It's not like UF NEVER disciplines. They kicked off their backup QB last year for stealing a computer.

kpcane
11-14-2009, 09:27 PM
See, I am a man of the law. And this is an incorrect statement. Breaking and entering and "grand theft auto" is absolutely not in the same vicinity of Armed Robbery. For instance, if someone happens to die during an armed robbery, the offender is then subject to capital punishment penalties (i.e., the same penalties as pre-mediated murder!). The two crimes aren't even in the same state, let alone the same ballpark.

I'm not a big fan of namecalling. I know it wasn't you, kpcane that said it, but still think using names like "Gaytors" is ridiculous during an argument. Just my opinion though. And like I said before, I'm not here with the purpose of defending what former Gators have done either. All I'm saying is that what these 3 kids did was SERIOUS and they should be kicked off the team.

And enough comparing to UF. It's not like UF NEVER disciplines. They kicked off their backup QB last year for stealing a computer.

So what you're telling me is that both crimes are not first degree felonies? Because I'm under the assumption that they are. But, as the man of the law, perhaps you can tell me how that's wrong. Because to me, that would not only put them in the same state, and same ballpark, it would make them neighbors.

Roman529
11-14-2009, 10:09 PM
NuKeese got nuked. Kiffin should finish his high school prom before he coaches college players.

chrisbaucom
11-15-2009, 12:04 AM

Just for argument's sake Rusty...let's say I break into someone's impound lot to retrieve my girlfriend's car that I feel was impounded wrongfully. If the owner of the lot happens to be present and I kill him while trying to retrieve my girlfriend's car, isn't that capital murder? Which would then be the same as killing someone during an armed robbery. Right?

RustyGator
11-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Yes, you're right...it would be the same. Was Joiner armed at the time though? To be honest, I don't know the answer if he was or not. But yes, if Joiner was armed at the time of stealing the car, then I would feel similar about his actions. Of course, Joiner didn't try to rob someone at gunpoint.

kpcane
11-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Hey Rusty, you didn't answer my question. Are they both first degree felonies or no?

chrisbaucom
11-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Yes, you're right...it would be the same. Was Joiner armed at the time though? To be honest, I don't know the answer if he was or not. But yes, if Joiner was armed at the time of stealing the car, then I would feel similar about his actions. Of course, Joiner didn't try to rob someone at gunpoint.

I don't think it would matter if he was armed or not. If he picked up a 2x4 and beat somebody to death, it would still be felony murder, same charge that would've faced these guys who committed armed robbery.

RustyGator
11-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Sorry for the long response...

kpcane, it depends on the state, but mainly, motor vehicle theft is not a 1st degree felony. Many factors are taken into consideration as well. I believe Joiner was charged with burglary, however...which can be classified under several different degrees. Most likely entering a property with intent to commit a felony, even if charged, would have been a third or second degree felony.

And to the other statement, if Joiner picked up a 2x4 and beat someone, it would be felony murder as well...he would have escalated the degree of burglary. However, I think we're all getting a little off the point of what actually happened (including myself). Tony Joiner didn't have contact, and did not intend to have contact, with any other person. UT boys actually used a weapon during an attempted robbery against another human being. There's no doubt, according to the letter of the law, that armed robbery is a much worse felony than trespass and theft.

As far as how coaches handle these situations it's a little different. From what I've seen, coaches seem to suspend based on intent. For instance, the difference between Tony Joiner and Cam Newton. Charges against Tony Joiner were dropped by the state prosecutor because apparently the theft was a misunderstanding, according to the to company. Urban Meyer probably looked at this situation and saw a guy that just wanted to get his car back. If he was stealing a car that did not belong to him (or in lieu of his gf) then he definitely would have been kicked off the team. With Cam Newton, while he only stole a computer, he threw it out the window in an attempt to cover up his crime. In this situation, he stole a computer that was never his and then attempted to lie about it. Therefore, even though Cam was vitally important to the team (in case of injury) he was kicked off immediately. With Brandon Spikes, Urban knows this stuff happens all the time in games (i.e., Clemson vs. FSU); Spikes was pushed around all game (including getting his helmet ripped off earlier in the game) and he eventually lost his cool. Brandon is normally a standup guy and he let his emotions get the best of him. While I don't condone what he did, and while I feel Urban's suspension was too weak...I think a 1-game would have been fair to begin with.

As for the UT boys, we'll see how Lane deals with the situation. He prides himself in having a clean program and reprimanding those that don't abide by his policies. To be honest, I don't really see a way around those boys not being kicked off the team. Maybe they can argue the whole thing was a prank, but I don't really see how that's a viable excuse...do any of you? If, let's say, Joe Haden attempted Armed Robbery against someone, I'd want him kicked off the team too.

My thoughts have nothing to do with these guys being from Tennessee. This has to deal with people committing acts harmful against society...and needing to pay for it.

HurriPhin
11-16-2009, 01:34 PM

I'm your ga*tor h8r, right here, that's me. :woot:
Lived in that redneck, racist, brainwashed hellhole for the worst 5 years of my life. It was a scary place. Douchebag coaches, crooked boosters and felony athletes everywhere. Whew, thank goodness that's over with.

RustyGator
11-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Wow, Northern Fan...there was a lot of dumba$$ comments you just sad. I will rebut this stupidity tomorrow when I have a minute.

BobDole
11-16-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm your ga*tor h8r, right here, that's me. :woot:
Lived in that redneck, racist, brainwashed hellhole for the worst 5 years of my life. It was a scary place. Douchebag coaches, crooked boosters and felony athletes everywhere. Whew, thank goodness that's over with.

keepin it real, as always. :woot:

RustyGator
11-17-2009, 09:16 AM
I am not a Gator fan or even a SEC conference supporter, I am looking at these blogs and seeing the rivalry of these fans getting the best of their initial responses.

I think that Lane Kiffin has handled this situation perfectly. He has gathered the information and has made his decision. He has now kicked those players off of the team. I don't care if he is the Tennessee coach, did you hear me....HE KICKED THOSE PLAYERS OFF THE TEAM.

I think it is funny that Joiner isn't talked about or the late great Percy Harvin. Harvin was kicked out of high school sports, Gators still went after him. If I can remember the past 9 months, I believe Nukeese was the number one WR that Gator fans wanted. Until he bolted for Tennessee, I know you hate the kid now because he some how decided to go some where else. IF you don't play for the gator nation then you are the enemy.

Sad part is, the kid made a horrible decision (also stated by Kiffin) and all you fans care about is seeing Tennessee fold. Don't worry about the kid, as long as Tennessee goes down that's all that matters. P.S. The real reason you gator fans care about Lane Kiffin, is because he scares you and you know sooner then later Tennessee will be back!! Hard to stay on top for ever!!

3 titles in four years not so bad, but remember the 70's and 80's?! What goes up...must come down. Great talking to you guys!!

Northern Fan

Ok. So you're right. Lane Kiffen handled the situation the way he should have. But like I said, this decision was an absolute no-brainer. With the gravity of the offense these kids committed, there is no way you can keep them on the team. Although, it is interesting to note that the one kid, who happens to be their best player, still hasn't been kicked off the team yet. We'll see what happens there...Lane is still waiting for more information on him.

Ok...now on to your dumb comments:

Percy Harvin. Are you serious? You are bashing the Gators for going after the #1 player, according to several sources, in the country?! He had a little bit of an attitude problem in High School, but that's about it. He wasn't getting arrested left and right. He was a freakin teenager. Like I've posted before on these forums, some of these kids who are so highly touted think they own the world. Percy kept out of trouble his entire tenure with UF. Sure, he tested positive for marijuana before the NFL draft (after he already left UF), but then again, what percentage of college athletes do you think do that anyways?

Next, Nukeese Richardson. Firstly, he was NOT the #1 WR the Gators were going after. In fact, Andre Debose was the #1 guy. Good job with all your info and swaying to fit your argument. Sure, UF would have loved Nukeese this year, but he decided to take the low road. Lane told Nukeese to wait until signing day and screw over UF by switching. So he did so. It's true that I think Nukeese and Lane pulled a bush-league move...but I'm ok with it...it's recruiting wars out there...so anything goes.

As far as feeling sorry for Nukeese...why should I? He's a big-boy. He decided it would be fun to pull an armed robbery! Are you kidding me? He needs to go to jail. I try and I try to lay out intelligent arguments, but alas, it does nothing for some people. Nukeese and those other young men committed an act against society in which they need to be subject to penalties. Like I've said before, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the "rivalry" between UF and UT. If Nukeese were a Gator right now, I'd want him kicked off the team too. These young men need to learn that you can't get away with anything just because youre a highly touted athlete. There are consequences to actions.

Finally, are you joking when you say Gator fans are "scared" of Lane Kiffen? Seriously? What has this guy proven besides having a big mouth? He's burned so many bridges in the SEC it's not even funny. It's one thing if you have the resume...but he's done nothing. Sure, UT leads the NCAA in moral victories...but their actual record is 5-5. Yeah, I'm very scared (*sarcasm*). In reality, I'd love to see Tennessee get better and actually give some competition in the SEC East again.

Also, thanks for pointing out that after potentially winning 3 out of 4 titles that it can't keep up forever. Like any realistic fan doesn't know that.

I sense a lot of hate and bias in the tone of your post. Who are you a fan of anyways?

chrisbaucom
11-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Is this the same Percy Harvin who supposedly tried to choke his wide receivers coach last year?? Great football player, not so great guy.

COphinphan89
11-17-2009, 01:58 PM
I guess we didn't exactly "miss out" on NewKeys after all.

RustyGator
11-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Is this the same Percy Harvin who supposedly tried to choke his wide receivers coach last year?? Great football player, not so great guy.

I believe it was just speculation.

NorthernFan
11-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I am not a Gator fan or even a SEC conference supporter, I am looking at these blogs and seeing the rivalry of these fans getting the best of their initial responses.

I think that Lane Kiffin has handled this situation perfectly. He has gathered the information and has made his decision. He has now kicked those players off of the team. I don't care if he is the Tennessee coach, did you hear me....HE KICKED THOSE PLAYERS OFF THE TEAM.

I think it is funny that Joiner isn't talked about or the late great Percy Harvin. Harvin was kicked out of high school sports, Gators still went after him. If I can remember the past 9 months, I believe Nukeese was the number one WR that Gator fans wanted. Until he bolted for Tennessee, I know you hate the kid now because he some how decided to go some where else. If you don't play for the gator nation then you are the enemy.

Sad part is, the kid made a horrible decision (also stated by Kiffin) and all you fans care about is seeing Tennessee fold. Don't worry about the kid, as long as Tennessee goes down that's all that matters.

P.S. The real reason you gator fans care about Lane Kiffin, is because he scares you and you know sooner then later Tennessee will be back!! Hard to stay on top for ever!!

3 titles in four years not so bad, but remember the 70's and 80's?! What goes up...must come down. Great talking to you guys!!

Northern Fan
:chuckle:

NorthernFan
11-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Rusty Gator ??

#1: Yes Percy was a pretty good person at UF, I was not disputing that point. I was saying that he had issues, which you agreed to. He has issues before and after Florida (trend maybe??).
#2: Please don't tell me that Debose is going to change the future anytime soon. Nukeese was one of the top players coming out in 2009 you and I both know that. He decided to leave at the last possible second, and don't try to say that he wasn't the number one WR so he was expendable (my bad #2!!).
#3: YES, I will say it again you are scared of Tennessee!! Tennessee comes into the swamp with two players (Harvesty/Berry) and coach Kiffin (The older gentlemen).

Why is it bush league (Nukeese and Kiffin)? I don't understand, just like you stated above Percy was a tennager. So is Richardson (missed that one bud).

It kills you that I made a couple of points against your beloved Gators. The sad part about Gator nation is this:
It's all about the Gators when those students are there, but when they leave it doesn't matter to you. More players leave the gators and do nothing at the next level and it doesn't make any of you wonder why. Love your quote earlier "He had a little bit of an attitude problem in High School, he tested positive for marijuana before the NFL draft (after he already left UF)". CASE IN POINT...THANKS RUSTY!!

Reply again and you will know who I cheer for

RustyGator
11-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Ok...now we're getting somewhere.

The reason I said what Nukeese and Lane did was bush-league was because it's obvious they knew in advance he wanted to commit to UT, but waited till the last day which in essence takes away from what Urban can do otherwise with that scholarship. I don't blame Nukeese as much on this as I do Lane. But like I said, it's recruiting, so unfortunately, anything goes. No big deal there.

You're semi-right. It was a bit unfortunate that Nukeese didn't go to UF. UF went pretty hard after him and he would have fit the system quite nicely...especially this year with injuries to Carl Moore, Andre Debose, Deonte Thompson (for a few games), etc. He chose to go to UT...his decision. I wished him the best. I HATE to see that he got arrested for such a serious offense. He had some flashes of brilliance this year and it would have been nice to see what he could have done with his career. I hope this incident is an eye-opener for him and he can turn around his ways.

I'm not sure I get your third point, still. How does Hardesty, Berry, and Kiffin scare me? They lost...just like every other team that the Gators played this year. Did you see that game? At no point during that game did Lane Kiffin try to win it. He didn't even run a hurry-up until about 1-2min left in the game. <-- This is where the whole "moral" victory came about. It was obvious he was trying not to get killed by the Gators. He had his team run a slow, clock-running offense and got his wish...only a loss by 10. Again, please try to clarify why me, or any other Gator or Gator fan, should be scared? Does his 3-4 record in the SEC scare me? Absolutely not. He's obviously a very good recruiter and has a very large mouth, but he's burning a lot of bridges (did you hear what he said about the town of Pahokee last year?) and he obviously hasn't proven he can coach yet. Nothing to be scared of for me at this point in time.

I don't care that you made a couple of points about my Gators. No team or school or person is perfect. I can admit that. Where did I show anything you said was "killing" me? Percy got caught with marijuana after graduating. He's not perfect...but smoking pot isn't really that big of a deal. He didn't even get suspended for a game for it. I've said it before and I'll say it again...and this applies to Gators as well: some of these amazing athletes have been handed everything in life and they think they can get away with whatever they please. However, when you break the law, you need to pay the penalties. Percy got caught with pot...therefore, he should pay the price that society has set up for such a malfeasance. Nukeese got caught attempting armed robbery...he's paid the price so far on his team, now it's time to do some time as well.

On to your last point. You say the Gators do nothing in the NFL? If I'm not mistaken, a Mr. Percy Harvin is tearing it up quite nicely (ROY?). Louis Murphy aint doing too bad either. Andre "Bubba" Caldwell has made some game winning catches this year too. There's plenty of Gator talent out there. Not to mention the talent that will hit Sunday's in the next couple years as well: Haden, Spikes, Dunlap, Pounceys, Tebow, Hernandez, etc etc.

I do appreciate, Northern Fan, you coming back and defending your post. I was hoping you wouldn't be a one-and-doner.

NorthernFan
11-17-2009, 10:51 PM
UF(1906) Mich (1879)
35 players in the NFL 36 players
After this statistic the records happen to slide in the direction of Michigan (Sorry)!

UF /Mich
650 Wins /877 Wins (most of all time)....wow not a record held by UF
3 National Titles /11 claimed National Titles (4 were probably before UF exsisted)
8 SEC Titles /42 Big Ten Conference Championships
3 heisman Winners /3 heisman Winners (TIE)
27 All-Americans /77 All-Americans

You deserved to know who I cheer for, and this is my team. Like my screen name "NorthernFan", I am a huge fan of the Michigan Wolverines. We haven't been playing well over the past couple of years, but history shows that it will just take time before we are back. Just like in 2006, we will ride high again. Like you said, can't be on top forever.

We would love to have you southern folks up in the "Big House", we have some room in the south endzone (seats about 5,000) is that okay? We reserve the other 107,000 seats for the Michigan faithful. Come up if you like!!

Just to remind you we have played the gators before, and for your records we are 2-0 all time verse your Big Bad Gators!! I know we have played for an extra 27 years and this isn't far....but over 27 years we have 227 more wins (a little out of control).

Talk to you Rusty

Namor
11-18-2009, 12:20 AM
UF(1906) Mich (1879)
35 players in the NFL 36 players
After this statistic the records happen to slide in the direction of Michigan (Sorry)!

UF /Mich
650 Wins /877 Wins (most of all time)....wow not a record held by UF
3 National Titles /11 claimed National Titles (4 were probably before UF exsisted)
8 SEC Titles /42 Big Ten Conference Championships
3 heisman Winners /3 heisman Winners (TIE)
27 All-Americans /77 All-Americans

You deserved to know who I cheer for, and this is my team. Like my screen name "NorthernFan", I am a huge fan of the Michigan Wolverines. We haven't been playing well over the past couple of years, but history shows that it will just take time before we are back. Just like in 2006, we will ride high again. Like you said, can't be on top forever.

We would love to have you southern folks up in the "Big House", we have some room in the south endzone (seats about 5,000) is that okay? We reserve the other 107,000 seats for the Michigan faithful. Come up if you like!!

Just to remind you we have played the gators before, and for your records we are 2-0 all time verse your Big Bad Gators!! I know we have played for an extra 27 years and this isn't far....but over 27 years we have 227 more wins (a little out of control).

Talk to you Rusty

I'll put my Tide's records up against Michigan's.
Always remember Bo S. was a p***y compared to the Bear.
A SEC title is worth ALOT more than a Big10 title.

RustyGator
11-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Awesome. A Michigan fan on the Dolphins board. I have some friends that go or have gone to Michigan. I'm not really here to compare UF to Michigan though. Both have very different histories and different futures. To be honest, I think UF's future depends more on UMiami and FSU than it does anything else. UF has been winning the recruiting wars hands down the last few years. Once UM and FSU can get back up there (and don't forget the other Florida schools now too!), then things might get a little tougher for UF. One thing to consider, though, is that UF is starting to recruit outside of Florida. We just nabbed a HUGE recruit out of S.Cal that Carol was going after. Obviously, once Urban leaves, who knows what will happen. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the success while we have it...just like I did when the Gators won back-to-back in Basketball.

Anyways, welcome to the boards NorthernFan. It was fun arguing with you ;)

As for getting semi-back on topic. I find it interesting Kiffin's tactics to his program. Again, I'm not "scared" of him at all. He's just such a pathological liar and I feel "sorry" for all the young adults that have to deal with his craziness. Obviously people know about all his lies earlier this year (especially when it came to Urban Meyer and illegally recruiting, and then going ahead and illegally recruiting himself). Now, as of yesterday, another huge lie comes about: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4664872

Four days after Oliver's run-in with the law, Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin went on the SEC coaches teleconference and praised his team for not having any arrests in 11 months.This guy just cracks me up. So, within 2 weeks of making his statement about how clean his program is, almost 20% of his recruiting class gets arrested. I gotta say...he's been very entertaining.

HurriPhin
11-18-2009, 02:23 PM
UF has been winning the recruiting wars hands down the last few years. Once UM and FSU can get back up there (and don't forget the other Florida schools now too!), then things might get a little tougher for UF. One thing to consider, though, is that UF is starting to recruit outside of Florida.

Pardon me, but I'm pretty damn sure Miami has been back in the recruiting race ever since Shannon has been coach. The U has been ranked in the top 10 for the past couple years. Thug UF was able to corral the South Florida talent while Coker was messing things up but that changed the moment Randy walked in. You said it yourself, dem ga*tors are starting to recruit outside of Florida... that's because they have to. Why would you shop elsewhere when the best football talent in the nation is right in your backyard.

RustyGator
11-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Way off thread's subject and, really??...that's why Urban is going out of state??...because he has to. LOL. While I'll admit that Miami is definitely #2 in the state in recruiting, do you really want to compare classes at this point?

ps - according to ESPN recruiting ranking (which in the last few years appears to be the most accurate site), Miami beat Florida once (and FL had #4 class that year). The last 4 years, UF has finished with a top 5 recruiting class every single time. How many for Miami? 1. And by the way, as of right now for this year, UF is #1 while Miami isn't even in the top 15.

pss - why does everyone on here pick and choose from my arguments the smallest thing that might be arguable and not give me any cred when I'm right?

NorthernFan
11-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Namor,

Great to see you chime in on the success of the Alabama Crimson Tide. We welcome all sports towns even those that don't have professional sports team (football) within it's states lines.

I love the SEC and Big Ten talk, wow SEC titles are worth more then Big Ten titles?! How much, 1.5 times more...maybe 4 times more. When does it end? What a ridiculous comment, I have no respect for you now. I don't mind talking sports and college football but to say that one conference title is worth more then another is STUPID. Keep believing this if you like Namor.

Another history lesson Namor:

Most wins all-time
Michigan (1), Ohio State (5), Alabama (6).....Please pass OSU before you come a calling.

Most losses when comparing these teams
Alabama (316)
Ohio State (306)
Michigan (295)

Alabama owned the 1960's but other then that they have been neck and neck with Michigan and other proud football power houses. Once again, just like Florida look at the overall record between the two (MICHIGAN 2 and ALABAMA 1).

Good talking to you Namor :hi5:

Namor
11-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Namor,

Great to see you chime in on the success of the Alabama Crimson Tide. We welcome all sports towns even those that don't have professional sports team (football) within it's states lines.

I love the SEC and Big Ten talk, wow SEC titles are worth more then Big Ten titles?! How much, 1.5 times more...maybe 4 times more. When does it end? What a ridiculous comment, I have no respect for you now. I don't mind talking sports and college football but to say that one conference title is worth more then another is STUPID. Keep believing this if you like Namor.

Most wins all-time
Michigan (1), Ohio State (5), Alabama (6).....Please pass OSU before you come a calling.

Alabama (316)
Ohio State (306)
Michigan (295)

Alabama owned the 1960's but other then that they have been neck and neck with Michigan and other proud football power houses. Once again, just like Florida look at the overall record between the two (MICHIGAN 2 and ALABAMA 1).

How many millions does the Big10 Championship game generate? Oh my bad.
How many billions did CBS and ESPN throw at the BiG1O for their football
games rights?
4 times is about right.
By the way we won the title as many times in the 70's as we did in the
60's.

Still think the general population looks at the Big10 the same or equal
to the SEC?

But,here's the problem,you came on here defending Lane Kiffen.
Do you really think he made the call to kick those two players
off or maybe it was the president forced Lane to act.
Really, Lane has enough problems keeping up with whats a recruiting
violation and whats not.
Keep believing Lane did the "honorable"thing.

TedSlimmJr
11-19-2009, 01:47 AM
Namor,

Most wins all-time

Alabama (316)
Ohio State (306)
Michigan (295)

Got bad news for you dude......Michigan doesn't have professional football within its state lines either...:lol:

NorthernFan
11-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Slim Jim,

Hey bud, I would give you the benefit of the doubt but listening to you I have to believe you really agree with your original statement. The state of Michigan has no professional football team?!

Hold on...wait a minute...i am thinking...i think i have it....DETROIT is located in Michigan Dumb _____ (fill in the blank). Probably tough for you Ted!!!

Says it on my atlas!! Put the drink away and step away from the magazines to see that Detroit is located in Michigan. You didn't even put a haha at the end. You really believe what you posted. WOW, TED SLIM JIM you have been booted from this conversation for the next three days.

You may post again.....11/21/2009 around 6 pm. I will be waiting again for another orginal post from you. This time i will have the atlas ready!! My bad about having to back up my original statement, but trash like this makes my day!!!

P.S. you give the city of Birmingham a bad name, I have to believe you live in the hills!!

Detroit, Michigan
Thanks

NorthernFan
11-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Do you really think he made the call to kick those two players
off or maybe it was the president forced Lane to act?

I want to believe for all schools sake that Lane Kiffin made the decision himself. I believe that Lane has made some stupid remarks, and from those I think he has learned. I want to think that with all the crap that has come out of his mouth since he arrived at Tennessee that he even knows kicking those kids off is the only option. I don't like Lane Kiffin, I don't have feelings for the Tennessee Vols but I am glad to see a coach make such a good decision.

What happens if Urban leaves for Notre Dame? Do you think this is possible??

NorthernFan

NorthernFan
11-19-2009, 09:53 AM
[quote=Namor;1063199993]How many millions does the Big10 Championship game generate? Oh my bad.
How many billions did CBS and ESPN throw at the BiG1O for their football
games rights?
4 times is about right.
By the way we won the title as many times in the 70's as we did in the
60's.

Still think the general population looks at the Big10 the same or equal
to the SEC?

Namor,

I don't understand you Namor, the Big Ten plays on ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPN Classic every Saturday. We have been playing on this network for over 20 years. If you watch football you should know that the Big Ten plays at Noon (both channels), around 3:30pm on one of those channels. So don't sit here and say that SEC takes all the money and now owns ESPN. They may be showing their games on TV in the future and thats fine but don't forget who was there first (BIG TEN)

No, the Big Ten is a conference that has been down since 2007. We had the number 1 and 2 teams in the nation all year in 2006, so to say we were down would make no sense. Ohio State won the title in 2000 or 2001, don't remember because I am not a supporter if you know what I mean. We won in 1997!! So I am saying this, YES Florida has two national titles and LSU has two national titles in the last 6-7 years. GREAT!!

P.S. Please clarify this for me?! Why do southern teams (SEC) always want to be considered the best, and they always trash other conferences? Up North or on the East Coast people don't bash the SEC, they see it for what it is a great conference.

Being the toughest conference isn't enough for you is it NAMOR??

NorthernFan,

4-1 All Time Vs. Florida/Alabama :lol2:

Namor
11-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Slim Jim,

Hey bud, I would give you the benefit of the doubt but listening to you I have to believe you really agree with your original statement. The state of Michigan has no professional football team?!

Hold on...wait a minute...i am thinking...i think i have it....DETROIT is located in Michigan Dumb _____ (fill in the blank). Probably tough for you Ted!!!

Says it on my atlas!! Put the drink away and step away from the magazines to see that Detroit is located in Michigan. You didn't even put a haha at the end. You really believe what you posted. WOW, TED SLIM JIM you have been booted from this conversation for the next three days.

You may post again.....11/21/2009 around 6 pm. I will be waiting again for another orginal post from you. This time i will have the atlas ready!! My bad about having to back up my original statement, but trash like this makes my day!!!

P.S. you give the city of Birmingham a bad name, I have to believe you live in the hills!!

Detroit, Michigan

Thanks

Ted was being sarcastic.
Do you really want to consider the Lions as a pro -team?
Semi-pro at best.
Listen I got NO problem with UM,my best friend I grew up with,is from
Dearborne...he went back to go to Michigan,I went to Bama.
He works for the Detroit Free Press....(hint ,there is a hint of
probation coming UM's way)
Have fun running off Rich Rod and clamouring for Les Miles again.
ESPN and CBS threw over a billion dollars to the SEC,because the SEC
was building its own network.
ESPN and CBS DID NOT want to go head to head during football
season with the SEC showing BIG10 games.

No hard feelings,we'll end this by agreeing that the SEC and BIG10
are long time great powers and hope for great things to come in the future.

My thing was,Lane Kiffin is not someone to be defending.

Namor
11-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Check out Collegefootballtalk.com for more Lane Kiffin screw ups.
Thug U now raps Rocky Top.
Keep defending Lane if you want to.

NorthernFan
11-19-2009, 03:23 PM
That's cool to have a connection at the Free Press (A paper that hates Rich Rodriguez). I think we all know that Rich Rod will make things better in the long run.

Do you know the story behind Les Miles and Michigan??

Les Miles was an assistant back in the day. When Carr took over he kept many of the assistants on his staff and he fired Miles. They hate each other!! When we lost two recruits to LSU about three years ago it was because Les started rumors that Carr was sick...which may or may not be true (I wasn't there). Les Miles inked a deal with Michigan on the morning of the SEC championship game, Les wanted it to be a secret until after the LSU game. Once Carr got word of this deal he leaked it to the ESPN crew (Game Day). Herbstreet let everyone know that a close connection to the UofM had informed him that LSU had lost their coach. LSU called Les Miles into their office and said you have to choose between Michigan and LSU, you will not coach LSU tonight if you go to Michigan. If you choose Michigan you will not be welcomed back to LSU (w/ some choice words). Anyways, that is the story behind LSU and Les Miles. Pretty Crazy if you ask me!! We all have sources, but on a serious note that is cool that a friend of yours is at the Free Press. Detroit is a cool place!!

College Football is a crazy Money making business!! Who knows what happens, Rich doesn't need to be let go. That's not the problem, the problem is that fact that we have lost 7-9 players to the NFL on the defensive side of the ball over the past two years. You will hear a name soon "Graham", this DE is a stud SR from Michigan. Another loss for our program. Rich will turn it around!!

P.S. If you think praticing late is a big deal we will see what happens to Tennessee here in the future.

Namor
11-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Big money boosters that hate Rich Rod is what Rich's problems are.
I agree,that letting Rich have the time to build his program is the best
thing for UM...bring some team speed to the Big10.Plus,for the life of
me I can't understand why anyone would want Les" mad hatter" Miles.

Dude,I'm a Bama grad,there is not enough bad stuff that can happen to
Tenn. for me after Phil Fulmer pulled his "Secret Witness for the NCAA"
act and got Alabama a crippling probation several years back.

Not real real crazy about Detroit,my firm has done alot of work there in the past,
and I despise dealing with union labor.
My heart goes out to the people there,though,I know the economy and unemployment is terrible right now..hope it bounces back soon.

Just a funny story to show the differance between North and South.
Years ago, when I first met my friend from Dearborne, we were riding around
and stopped for a drink.
I went into the store and aked him what he wanted.He said "Just grab me a pop".
I was like"WTF is a pop?" He said"You know,a soda" ..Okay,I'm getting a coke"
I get back in the car with a Mr. Pibb,and he says "I thought you were getting a coke"? I said' I did" Oh, sorry dude,down here we generalize all soft drinks as a coke,
no matter what they are.
I introduced him to Panama City Beach,Fl during spring break and he introduced me to lakes that had a shoreline and waves.
I need to call my friend.

RustyGator
11-20-2009, 09:23 AM
After 4 pages of this thread, I'm glad we are all getting along now :)

Namor
11-20-2009, 10:46 AM
After 4 pages of this thread, I'm glad we are all getting along now :)

It did kinda get off topic.

RustyGator
11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Just to get back on subject. Got this in an email today. Pretty funny, lol.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif