2. rolando mcclain ilb
3. golden tate wr
4. arrelius benn wr

j-off-her-doll
11-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Brandon Tate?

hooshoops
11-15-2009, 10:26 AM
i think people have it right when they say he's a steve smith type player at the nfl level...

The Ghost
11-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Bryant, McClain, Spikes, Cody, Mays. We'll get a shot atleast one of them picking about 15th or 16th.

I like Benn but I don't want him to be our first pick. I'd love it if we could move up from the second round to get him if he's still available in the 30-35 range.

He's got a lot of talent but his numbers are putrid this year. I am well aware of how bad the QB play has been at Illinois during his time there. He's also very close friend of Vontae's (they went to the same High School too, and probably no coincidence he went to the same college as Davis).

I'd definately love to have him, AFTER getting a defensive starter in the first, or Dez Bryant, who reminds me alot of TO.

NAPPS
11-15-2009, 12:48 PM
who is Brandon Tate?

hooshoops
11-15-2009, 12:58 PM
who is Brandon Tate?

oops...i meant golden...

my bad

mmikel30
11-17-2009, 02:20 PM
I Think that Golden Tate is the most polished receiver in this draft, dez bryant may have more potential , but why take a chance go for the sure thing. id rather not draft a reciver in round 1 but I would not be mad if we took tate.

JT-forpresident
11-17-2009, 02:25 PM
bryant
tate
mcclain
and if we're darn lucky and/or if we suck out on the rest of our season and end up 5-11 or something like that: eric berry

BobDole
11-17-2009, 03:29 PM
1. mcclain
2. spikes
3. benn
4. thomas

#1dolphinsfan
11-17-2009, 06:18 PM
who is Brandon Tate?
He meant Golden Tate but Brandon Tate is a WR for the Pats

miami71
11-17-2009, 06:51 PM
One name Rolando McClain! There are no others.

Roman529
11-17-2009, 07:32 PM
1. Rolando McClain, ILB (We need a good WR, but we need a good LB even more).
2. Golden Tate, WR (Dez Bryant will be gone in the middle of the first round).
3. Tyson Alualu, DT, Cal (We need more meat up front, like a Vince Wilfork type beast of a nose tackle)....He would be a nice fit in the middle of our d-line if he can gain weight, and he is fast enough to play the DE spot as well. Check out his highlights....#44 for Cal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72KQ_NzX8NU

SR 7
11-17-2009, 10:42 PM
McClain!!!!
McClain!!!!!
McClain!!!!!!

Valandui
11-18-2009, 01:09 AM
I keep hearing that we really like Jermaine Gresham. If Sperry develops we may not need him, though.

SRM
11-18-2009, 01:22 AM
We're going to have to draft a runningback at some point in this draft it's looking like now.

FearTheBeard
11-18-2009, 02:58 AM
1. Jermaine Gresham, TE
2. Rolando McClain, ILB
3. Golden Tate, WR
4. Jerry Hughes, OLB
5. Earl Thomas, FS

JCane
11-18-2009, 03:02 AM
No mention of the BEST player in the draft...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/11/EricBerry14-1.jpg

phreak
11-18-2009, 03:06 AM
Bryant, McClain, Spikes, Cody, Mays. We'll get a shot atleast one of them picking about 15th or 16th.

I like Benn but I don't want him to be our first pick. I'd love it if we could move up from the second round to get him if he's still available in the 30-35 range.

He's got a lot of talent but his numbers are putrid this year. I am well aware of how bad the QB play has been at Illinois during his time there. He's also very close friend of Vontae's (they went to the same High School too, and probably no coincidence he went to the same college as Davis).

I'd definately love to have him, AFTER getting a defensive starter in the first, or Dez Bryant, who reminds me alot of TO.
plz tell me u didnt say TEAM OBLITTERATOR! i hope u mean tallent nothing else

phreak
11-18-2009, 03:11 AM
1. Jermaine Gresham, TE
2. Rolando McClain, ILB
3. Golden Tate, WR
4. Jerry Hughes, OLB
5. Earl Thomas, FS
what makes u think McClain will be available with the fins 2nd pick? r u high?

FearTheBeard
11-18-2009, 04:29 AM
what makes u think McClain will be available with the fins 2nd pick? r u high?

What makes you think a draft thread about the 4 names for our first round pick would have anything to do with our first 5 rounds??? And yes, I may be a little stoned.

FearTheBeard
11-18-2009, 04:30 AM
No mention of the BEST player in the draft...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/11/EricBerry14-1.jpg

Theres a reason he hasn't been mentioned, he's the one guy that we won't get. Heres my revised list with your logic:
1. Eric Berry
2. Eric Berry
3. Eric Berry
4-200. Eric Berry

3rdandinches
11-18-2009, 03:48 PM
E.Berry - won't happen, he'll be long gone
R.McClain
T.Cody
D.Bryant

rev kev
11-18-2009, 05:38 PM
1. Rolando McClain, ILB (We need a good WR, but we need a good LB even more).
2. Golden Tate, WR (Dez Bryant will be gone in the middle of the first round).
3. Tyson Alualu, DT, Cal (We need more meat up front, like a Vince Wilfork type beast of a nose tackle)....He would be a nice fit in the middle of our d-line if he can gain weight, and he is fast enough to play the DE spot as well. Check out his highlights....#44 for Cal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72KQ_NzX8NU

ILB hugest need

rev kev
11-18-2009, 05:39 PM
McClain!!!!
McClain!!!!!
McClain!!!!!!

ILB huge need

j-off-her-doll
11-18-2009, 05:52 PM
I think it will depend upon best player available between WR and ILB. There's also an outside shot we go OLB or NT - maybe even TE, but I don't see it happening in the 1st. I'm leaning ILB - especially if McClain is there and Bryant is not - because after McClain and Spikes, there really don't seem to be any star ILB's.

3rdandinches
11-18-2009, 11:58 PM
I think it will depend upon best player available between WR and ILB. There's also an outside shot we go OLB or NT - maybe even TE, but I don't see it happening in the 1st. I'm leaning ILB - especially if McClain is there and Bryant is not - because after McClain and Spikes, there really don't seem to be any star ILB's.

FA will decide our 1st round pick. There's a few good NT's available, possibly a couple good ILB's and some solid WR's. I think we will address WR in FA and if somehow a player like K.Dansby is available we will aggressively go after him. That would then put NT and OLB on top of the list of needs for the first round.

Otherwise I think R.McClain gives an instant impact player right from the get go!!!

j-off-her-doll
11-19-2009, 03:52 PM
FA will decide our 1st round pick. There's a few good NT's available, possibly a couple good ILB's and some solid WR's. I think we will address WR in FA and if somehow a player like K.Dansby is available we will aggressively go after him. That would then put NT and OLB on top of the list of needs for the first round.

Otherwise I think R.McClain gives an instant impact player right from the get go!!!

I'm really hoping we land a legit #1 WR before the draft, but I'm fearing we won't.

hooshoops
11-22-2009, 01:04 AM
i actually got to talk to ireland for a few minutes after the panthers game...he came in the bar we were in with ross and had a few beers and ireland even gave me a few names he likes at positions of need...

pretty cool stuff

muddpuppy13
11-22-2009, 04:28 AM
the wr from mizzou he is better then maclin and might be available late in the first round

WelcomeBack
11-22-2009, 04:31 AM
For right now, I say...

1. Dez Bryant
2. Rolando McClain (These 2 are easily interchangeable)
3. Greg Hardy
4. Arrelious Benn

mmikel30
11-23-2009, 12:06 AM
i actually got to talk to ireland for a few minutes after the panthers game...he came in the bar we were in with ross and had a few beers and ireland even gave me a few names he likes at positions of need...

pretty cool stufflike who ?

TedSlimmJr
11-23-2009, 02:37 AM
the wr from mizzou he is better then maclin and might be available late in the first round

Denario Alexander will be available in the late 1st round....and the late 2nd round....and the late 3rd round....

He's having a great season....but this is the only season he's produced.....and plays in a system that inflates his stats...

He's big....but he's not fast and not explosive out of his breaks.....rounds off his routes....been injury prone...

These are the things that causes WR's to drop on draft day....and his deficiencies are similar to two former Big-12 WR's who've been complete busts....Malcolm Kelly and Limas Sweed....

I'd have him in my top 10 senior WR's, simply because he's big and finally producing....but once the talented juniors that are already better than him start declaring...he's just going to get pushed further and further down....

BARF
11-24-2009, 03:03 AM
no one has mentioned the nt from nebraska, maybe he falls

Durden
11-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Ndamukong Suh? He's not a 3-4 nose. He's a classic 4-3 tackle.

jim1
11-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Ndamukong Suh? He's not a 3-4 nose. He's a classic 4-3 tackle.

What about Demarcus Granger from Oklahoma, how is he doing this year? If I recall correctly dude was pretty good last year. He and Dan williams fit the profile.

jim1
11-24-2009, 11:07 AM

Chances that Suh falls to us: 0.00%. He probably shuld be taken first overall and barring some kind of plane/train/automobile accident he'll be taken top 5.

greasyObnoxious
11-24-2009, 12:43 PM
What about Demarcus Granger from Oklahoma, how is he doing this year? If I recall correctly dude was pretty good last year. He and Dan williams fit the profile.

not sure about Granger. i like Dan Williams though. if he keeps playing well, he might get into the 1st round. Boo Robinson, Phil Taylor, Cam Thomas or Torrell Troup are promising mid- to late-round prospects at NT.

phinfan33
11-24-2009, 01:14 PM
For right now, I say...

1. Dez Bryant
2. Rolando McClain (These 2 are easily interchangeable)
3. Greg Hardy
4. Arrelious Bennhe's too injury prone...

skipp2myloo13
11-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Rolando all the way for me

hooshoops
11-24-2009, 10:04 PM
why can't suh play the nose??? he can and he'd be more dominant than haloti ngata

guaranteed top 5 pick no way suh makes it past tampa bay...no way

SamIam
11-24-2009, 10:57 PM

:lol2:

Dude... Suh is going to be a top 5 pick

JCane
11-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Theres a reason he hasn't been mentioned, he's the one guy that we won't get. Heres my revised list with your logic:
1. Eric Berry
2. Eric Berry
3. Eric Berry
4-200. Eric Berry

He's the one guy we won't get but he's the guy worth trading up to get. Too bad we'll never do it.

Durden
11-25-2009, 07:14 AM
why can't suh play the nose??? he can and he'd be more dominant than haloti ngata
May he could, but he's too athletic to not play end in a 3-4 defense. Using him at nose, where his only purpose is to eat up blockers, would be like using Peyton Manning in a spread offense.

hooshoops
11-25-2009, 10:18 AM
May he could, but he's too athletic to not play end in a 3-4 defense. Using him at nose, where his only purpose is to eat up blockers, would be like using Peyton Manning in a spread offense.

he can play nose on 1st and 2nd down and shift out to end on 3rd down...that's the difference between him and all these other nose prospects...suh is a 3 down player and i would draft him as such...

like i said though no way he gets by tampa bay

greasyObnoxious
11-25-2009, 10:45 AM
he can play nose on 1st and 2nd down and shift out to end on 3rd down...that's the difference between him and all these other nose prospects...suh is a 3 down player and i would draft him as such...

right now, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Detroit and Buffalo would be picking top 5. with the exception of the Rams, i could see all the other teams taking Suh.

hooshoops
11-25-2009, 10:51 AM
right now, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Detroit and Buffalo would be picking top 5. with the exception of the Rams, i could see all the other teams taking Suh.

the only one on that list i don't think would take suh would be cleveland and that's because they have sean rogers and ahtyba rubin as his backup already on the nose...

now if sean rogers were to find his way out of cleveland this offseason i could see suh...otherwise i think they'd jump at eric berry or a qb...

st louis the interior dline is garbage but they need a qb BAD...

whoever passes up suh is making a mistake...kids a monster

i think detroit would love to see suh there as would buffalo...

tampa would run the card to the podium with his name on it...

greasyObnoxious
11-25-2009, 11:23 AM
the only one on that list i don't think would take suh would be cleveland and that's because they have sean rogers and ahtyba rubin as his backup already on the nose...

now if sean rogers were to find his way out of cleveland this offseason i could see suh...otherwise i think they'd jump at eric berry or a qb...

st louis the interior dline is garbage but they need a qb BAD...

whoever passes up suh is making a mistake...kids a monster

i think detroit would love to see suh there as would buffalo...

tampa would run the card to the podium with his name on it...

yeah, Cleveland doesn't really need Suh per se. their DEs aren't that bad either, although Suh would be an upgrade over them. they have a lot of problems in their back seven. if Berry is available to them, i think they'll grab him. DE/LB is very deep. they could get a good one in round 2.

St. Louis absolutely has to address their QB issue.

Durden
11-25-2009, 05:13 PM

I don't see him falling out of the top-5 either. However, neither the Rams, nor the Lions, nor the Bucs run a 3-4. And they probably wouldn't even use Suh as their 4-3 NT, but rather as their under tackle. And the Browns wouldn't need Suh at NT, because this is probably their only position (besides LT) at which they are served.

I could picture Suh going to TB, unless they're taking Eric Berry. I see St. Louis going after a QB (probably Clausen or Bradford), and the Lions adding a LT (Okung).

hooshoops
11-25-2009, 06:42 PM
i'm of the opinion suh warrants top 5 pick status as a 4-3 dt or as a 3-4 nose...

very versatile skilled player here

NRA
11-26-2009, 01:11 PM
i DOUBT miami drafts GOLDEN TATE with there 1st rounder, but
i would not cry one bit if they did.

tate IS going to be a great nfl wr. he is football player and playmaker.

he has already succeeded in a pro style offense and knows what to
expect.

now, i have been ALL FOR the dolphins getting as many wr's as they can
and wanted them to draft one in the first round IF we were drafting in
the top 8 spots. up there we could have one like bryant or benn drop in
our lap or even lefell or tate. or be able to trade up from #8 to get one
of the wr's.

but now, NOSE TACKLE is a must draft issue. i still think we are going to be drafting
in the top 10 and if we are, SUH should be the target. cody is a thought, but top
10 at this point is a REAL gamble. cody is one of those guys who is either going tobe a pro bowler or a bust. i see a POSSIBLE glenn dorsey type thing with him. his country
boy strength got him by in college, but he CANT rely on it alone in the nfl.

if we are picking in the #24 area, i would take a chance. i love terrance cody, he is
a heck of a college player. i can see why he would excell in the nfl and i can also
see why he would fail. conditioning, weight training and pro coaching are the things
he will have to make a religion out of if he is to have any kind of nfl career.

if the team is staying with the 3-4 as there base defense, nose tackle is HUGE
need right now. i dont believe in solia and i dont think they plan to have mcdaniels
work at nt. i actually wish they would give him some time because he has the size
and the temperment to succeed at that position. they say he is to tall, but thats
about leverage and mcdaniels plays pretty low for a 6-7 in guy.

so as of now, unless someone really steps up, NT should be our main focus and
SUH the pick if we are in the top 10 on draft day.

hooshoops
11-26-2009, 01:19 PM
oh my god if we got a shot at suh we shouldn't pass that up...but i think the only way we'd draft in the top 10 would be to trade up and i don't see us doing that...

suh is top 5 easy

TedSlimmJr
11-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Suh is so active and disruptive it's really unbelievable.....you're talking about a defensive tackle that will have led his team in tackles 2 years running....

Have you ANY idea how incredibly unusual it is for a defensive tackle to be the leading tackler on your defense? I don't understand why anyone would even want to put this guy on the nose.....his best value in a 3-4 would be as an end IMO....

His stamina and ability to maintain being a dominating force in the 4th quarter of games week in and week out is what stood out to me about him last year....this guy is a rare specimen playing under 300 pounds...

hooshoops
11-26-2009, 01:40 PM
i think suh would dominate at either position 4-3 dt or 3-4 nt

i've never seen a guy like this...ever

Durden
11-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Have you ANY idea how incredibly unusual it is for a defensive tackle to be the leading tackler on your defense? I don't understand why anyone would even want to put this guy on the nose.....his best value in a 3-4 would be as an end IMO....
I agree. Suh should either play 4-3 under tackle, or 3-4 end. Playing him at nose (3-4 or 4-3) would waste his speed and athleticism.