PDA

View Full Version : All you Sparano supporters what do you say now??!!

wafinfan
11-15-2009, 05:16 PM
I've been saying for few weeks that Sparano sucks as a game day manager....
Now the decision for kicking FG with 10 secs left finally come back and cost us, even thou we came out with a lucky win and bailed out his bad call.

Yes, yes.... we might not get a TD even thou we took a shot at the EZ....but the result of this game magnifies the poor decision he made before the half.

Been holding back and only saying that he is not a good game day coach,

BUT NOW I AM CALLING FOR HIS HEAD.

FIRE TONY SPARANO.

What do you say now cool-aid drinkers??!!

P.S. starting Ginn and try to involve him first play of the game...so much material for me.

SuperMarksBros.
11-15-2009, 05:16 PM
W?

3rdandinches
11-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Another great post, if we don't kick the field goal maybe they hold us at the end of the game......smart coaching.

Some of you guys are so freakin' pathetic in your whinning!!!!

CalDolFan10x14
11-15-2009, 05:20 PM
you'd fire him after a win???? Sure this game should've NEVER been this close, but the Phins find a way to win. Man, Williams is the man!!!!!

bradmcnutt
11-15-2009, 05:21 PM
And who would you have as his replacement? Minor detail I guess.

Jdub561
11-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Fail

Flip Tanneflop
11-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Tony Morono.

Had me worried after the Colts game. The Saints game confirmed he is a total moron. The 2nd Jets game gave further evidence to that. This Bucs game closes the case.

Too many good coaches available right now. Fire Morono at the end of the season. He is a good OL coach........Period. His game management skills are the worst I have seen since the days of Herm Edwards.

ZILLA
11-15-2009, 05:23 PM
yeah, lets fire him for winning... youd make a good GM

CuseFinFan
11-15-2009, 05:24 PM
I say... Congrats on the win Sparano.

Sick of these jobber posters

dolphinator86
11-15-2009, 05:24 PM
What do i say easy, this......

25-23 DOLPHINS

Sparano manages the talent he has....which on O isnt much one yes ONE big time WR and you would be praising him.

lbmclean_sj
11-15-2009, 05:25 PM
he is horrible

a) his decisions are always wrong

b) he is getting owned on half-time adjustments

Gonk
11-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Yeah, he always seem to make atleast one bonehead call a game. Regardless, the rest of the game was called really well.

lbmclean_sj
we barely beat a horrible team and Sparano defenders are going to the "scoreboard" card

sad

Imperium
I would've ran one more play but unless Sparano was calling the plays I dont have a problem with how he managed this game.

Phinja
11-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Ever think that maybe these Dolphins are not quite as talented as many here would lead you to beleve? And while some of the clock management stuff is questionable, that coaching is one of the few things allowing us to actually WIN some of these games?

We do have 4 Ws right?

You think that a team with a 2nd year first time starter at QB with NO WRs and a defense that is shaky at best is winning in spite of the coaches? Really?

Or could it be that this coaching staff is squeezing every last drop of talent out of this team and attempting to play to our strengths as much as posible? Our coaches are being innovators and finding ways to win, and while its not allways pretty, its getting the job done.

Stop whining and enjoy winning.

Jdub561
11-15-2009, 05:29 PM
So is a 2nd yr coach not allowed to make mistakes and learn..His team is 4-5 and has played the good teams very well. I still think 1 1/2 Seasons is not long enough to judge....but thats just me i guess

clbrazee
Sparano said something about lacking the killer instinct at half, he needs to show it first. Going for a FG with 10 sec, should have tried a pass into the end zone first, and still would've had time for the FG.

Note: With Ronnie Brown possibly hurt maybe Henne plays the whole game. We can actually see what our base offense is made of. I don't like Ronnie getting hurt, but I did like seeing Henne for the rest of the game.

1Dolfan
Y Did He Call Timeout At Da End Of Da Game With 14 Seconds Left. Giving The Next Team Time To Do Something After We Make Da Feild Goal. Y Not Wait Till 4/5 Second Or So Or Mayb Even Less.

Nublar7
11-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Now the decision for kicking FG with 10 secs left finally come back and cost us, even thou we came out with a lucky win and bailed out his bad call.

Yes, yes.... we might not get a TD even thou we took a shot at the EZ....but the result of this game magnifies the poor decision he made before the half.

FIRE TONY SPARANO.

P.S. starting Ginn and try to involve him first play of the game...so much material for me.We won by two. So perhaps going for the field goal, which is three points, instead of risking getting no points, was the smart move.

Dolphins won, get over it.

lbmclean_sj
I would've ran one more play but unless Sparano was calling the plays I dont have a problem with how he managed this game.

the HC coach has final say over the play call

finheaven is full of guys who know nothing about the game but that doesn't stop them from opining

Henning calls a pass and the HC should say "are you nuts?", but not Tony

2 morons calling for a pass play

Wadeshow
Fire Henning before any1 this buffon has cost us 2 many drives. Sparano is doing what he can if he fires Henning then let him be the players love Sparano and would do anything for him. He is also still learning on how to be a head coach in the nfl. However Henning my god I wonder about him does he fall asleep up there? maybe it is time to bring him down to the field so he cant go to the buffet and miss plays.

CalDolFan10x14
11-15-2009, 05:31 PM
we barely beat a horrible team and Sparano defenders are going to the "scoreboard" card

sad

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Wah wah wahhhh!!! We're still a rebuilding team! No game is going to come easy for this team!

It's an intrastate rival. You don't think the Bucs were gonna show up for this one?????????

bigchub22
waaaaaaah waaaaaaah a win is a win ...next

JC
Tony Morono.

Had me worried after the Colts game. The Saints game confirmed he is a total moron. The 2nd Jets game gave further evidence to that. This Bucs game closes the case.

Too many good coaches available right now. Fire Morono at the end of the season. He is a good OL coach........Period. His game management skills are the worst I have seen since the days of Herm Edwards.

Would you give the man time to be a coach? He is in his second season here. 2 seasons ago we went 1-15. WE ARE STILL REBUILDING. We are several pieces away from being an every week competitor.

So just sit back in your little arm chair and let the PROFESSIONALS do their job. We got a win and now we need to start game planning for Carolina.

Phinja
11-15-2009, 05:32 PM

sad

You're right. It takes almost NO effort to beat an NFL team, especially the bad ones. Fire Sparano now... :err:

lbmclean_sj
So is a 2nd yr coach not allowed to make mistakes and learn..His team is 4-5 and has played the good teams very well. I still think 1 1/2 Seasons is not long enough to judge....but thats just me i guess

does he appear to be learning to you?

I have let things go up until now, but this one is just plain embarassing

dabeastdabone
Well I'm down on the coaching to. I think we are winning despite of the Coaching. But I think Tony just needs to learn how to be a Coach of a good team and not just try to try to play it safe. I think Tony will be a good Coach for the Dolphins for a long time, I want to see him Coach a team with Henne as QB like it is a team with Henne as QB and not a team that has Pennington as QB.

lbmclean_sj
11-15-2009, 05:33 PM
You're right. It takes almost NO effort to beat an NFL team, especially the bad ones. Fire Sparano now... :err:

Henne won the game

Sparano tried to give it away

Adam First
11-15-2009, 05:33 PM
The man that should be fired is Dan Henning. Sparano doesn't call the plays.

flynryan15
11-15-2009, 05:35 PM
I don't like his use of timeouts or not taking 1 shot at the endzone before half. BUT I worry more about our OC and DC!!!!!

JDOE
11-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Coach Sparano needs to improve game management decisions but, imo, he doesn't deserve to be fired yet.

The Dolphins coaches need to learn how to close games and need to better adjust after halt-time, but their philosophy is sound- run the ball/ stop the run. I'm more concerned with play-calling on both sides of the ball. There seem to be some plain bad play calls and some very predictable play calls. I'm really tired of the Ginn reverse crap that loses yardage 9 out of 10 times.

If this team does learn to finish off opponents and better manage the game, it will be a team to be reckoned with and feared.

Atila
11-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Ok, first poster^ finding the middle ground.

Sparano is overall a good coach. He managed to get us a win but he has made some mistakes along the way. Luckily, the mistakes he has made in terms of game day management haven't cost us games.

He is overall a solid coach. He is relatively inexperienced (as the main guy, anyways) so management issues may arise early on.

He definitely will not nor should not be fired. Did he makes some bad choices? Yes.

Dan Henning is continuing to disappoint. I feel like a few posters on this board could call a better offensive game plan than him. I truly do.

Penny4president
11-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Fail

YOUR AVATAR IS A FAIL

Ricky_Fan34
11-15-2009, 05:41 PM
This is ridiculous. I can't believe how dramatic so many are on here. A win is a win. Secondly, who are you to question a PROFESSIONAL coach in the NFL? They know probably 50 times more than what ANY of us on Finheaven know. I love how simply because we went 11-5 last year against a cakewalk of a schedule, Sparano is now supposed to look like Shula and is not allowed any mistakes.

Get real people, Miami has little to no talent. IMO, 4-5 vs. a VERY tough schedule is a damn fine job. Oh, right, we're supposed to be 9-0...

$$BWCJR78$$
11-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Sparano said something about lacking the killer instinct at half, he needs to show it first. Going for a FG with 10 sec, should have tried a pass into the end zone first, and still would've had time for the FG.

Note: With Ronnie Brown possibly hurt maybe Henne plays the whole game. We can actually see what our base offense is made of. I don't like Ronnie getting hurt, but I did like seeing Henne for the rest of the game.

If he ran 1 more play and henne gets sacked then we go into haftime 3 pts less. and we lose this game.

Imperium
11-15-2009, 05:54 PM
the HC coach has final say over the play call

finheaven is full of guys who know nothing about the game but that doesn't stop them from opining

Henning calls a pass and the HC should say "are you nuts?", but not Tony

2 morons calling for a pass play

Sparano may have final say over the play calling but I doubt he's overriding Henning with any frequency. Perhaps you could say that's a fault of Sparano but you hire an OC for a reason.

As for that pass, I think it was a good call. 3rd and 5 or 6 with 1:52 to play. We get a 1st down and TB can only stop the ball once. So many people ***** becauase we dont play to win. We run on that play and dont geta a 1st down and Sparano gets criticized for not playing to win. Passing was the best bet to get a 1st down. Other wise we risk giving TB the ball back around their 40 yard line with about 1:45 to play. Do you have that much faith in our defense with the way they've played in the 2nd half?

phinfan33
11-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Fire Sparano huh...wow..just...wow...a rookie HC who was apart of taking a talent-less 1-15 team to 11-5 in his first season as a HC,and now has the team sitting at 4-5 against the toughest schedule in the NFL...are any of you perfect? no...am i perfect? no...aren't we all human? yes...do we make mistakes? yes we do...i think Coach Sparano's a good coach for our phins,and will get better with more experience...and he certainly has the support of the players,as well as Parcells&Ireland...you guys need to relax,eat some dinner or whatever,and enjoy this win ok...

LennyV
11-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Am I happy we won yes.
Am I disappointed we didn't treat the Bucs more like the Patriots did... Yes..
Do I question the final timeout being called with 14 seconds left.. Yes

Do I know how called the timeout ? NO. I would have preferred to see the time run down a bit more before the timeout was called.

Am I disappointed with our team this year... yes.
should the coach be fired no
....the GM... No

We have been in every game ... unfortunately this year we are not finishing the games like we did last year. In the NFL one play makes adifference... unfortunately this year the chips are falling the other direction.

BuGaLoU
11-15-2009, 06:04 PM

sad

Yeah, the Saints almost lost to the Rams (a horrible team). They must suck too. </s>

You must not watch the NFL often. Any team can compete.

cdy_0513
11-15-2009, 07:00 PM

FIRE TONY SPARANO.

P.S. starting Ginn and try to involve him first play of the game...so much material for me.
You're an idiot!

DisturbedShifty
11-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Dolphins won and we are now tied with the Jets in the division. I suppose it's Sparano's fault that Ronnie got hurt too, right? A win is a win.

X-Pacolypse
11-15-2009, 07:09 PM

FIRE TONY SPARANO.

:banhim2:

DirkDiggler
11-15-2009, 07:11 PM
You see this is what happens when you give inmates access to computers.

rent this space
11-15-2009, 07:19 PM
only on Finheaven would someone want to fire the coach of the defending AFC East champ because he won ugly

Huffer
11-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Running one more play before half instead of kicking a fg is what you would have done as a coach? What play would you call? Let me guess a pass.... and to whom would you throw this pass that the other team knows has to be to the endzone? Maybe Sparano knows what he has on the roster.

Your logic makes no sense...... Sparano is dumb for throwing it on the first play of the game because our talent at wr sucks........ but he is also an idiot for not throwing to this talentless bunch right before half on a play where a sure score is on the line? You can't have it both ways man. If you don't like supporting the Dolphins I think you'd fit right in as a Jets fan, class wise.

ChambersWI
11-15-2009, 07:24 PM
my only complaint if our 2 minute offense at the end of the first half. There have been 4 games (both Jet games, today, and Indy) where we had all our timeouts and about 2 minutes left in the half and our playcalling goes down the drain.

Yeah, there are other times we have poor clock management, but I think Sparano is a very good coach. I've seen guys like Wanny, Saban (good college coach, so-so nfl coach), and Cam completely fall flat on their faces with teams that had far better talent than what we have had under Sparano.

wafinfan
11-15-2009, 07:51 PM
We won by two. So perhaps going for the field goal, which is three points, instead of risking getting no points, was the smart move.

Dolphins won, get over it.
If you think he was right at kicking a FG and not taking a shot at EZ first before the half......well, may be we deserved stuck with Wanny all those years.

flynryan15
11-15-2009, 07:56 PM
]my only complaint if our 2 minute offense at the end of the first half. There have been 4 games (both Jet games, today, and Indy) where we had all our timeouts and about 2 minutes left in the half and our playcalling goes down the drain.[/B]

Yeah, there are other times we have poor clock management, but I think Sparano is a very good coach. I've seen guys like Wanny, Saban (good college coach, so-so nfl coach), and Cam completely fall flat on their faces with teams that had far better talent than what we have had under Sparano.

It really looks like Henning has a script and sticks to it no matter what during a 2 minute drill. Although the final minute things looked different. I still would like to see the Shotgun used more, also today the Ricky run was great, but on 5 previous 2 minute drills that play lost us yards and time. I think we dodge a bullet there.

Hopefully they study it it and learn from it!

wafinfan
11-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Ot really looks like Henning has a script and sticks to it no matter what during a 2 minute drill. Although the final minute things looked different. I still would like to see the Shotgun used more, also today the Ricky run was great, but on 5 previous 2 minute drills that play lost us yards and time. I think we dodge a bullet there.

Hopefully they study it it and learn from it!
Shhh..People think we won, therefore can not complain. Everything is just fine.

THERE ARE DIFFERENCE IN BEING AN OBJECTIVE FAN AND JUST A PLAIN HOMER.

Marino_13
11-15-2009, 08:04 PM

FIRE TONY SPARANO.

Felt the same way then I thought we are getting the ball to beging the 2nd half, good call. Now what's up with calling time out at the end of the game we 14 seconds left, why not let the clock run to 5 seconds then call time out.

MadDog 88
11-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Time management was fine this game. With no time outs remaining he is not going to risk the extra snap where anything can go wrong (Henne Int ring a bell)? Kick it deep, hold them and make them complete a miracle play.

The issue I am starting to have with Sparano is the inability of these Coordinators to scheme and call a game without being held accountable. If you hold your players and your self accountable, you dam sure better hold Paulie P and Henning accountable.

KPDolfan424
Felt the same way then I thought we are getting the ball to beging the 2nd half, good call. Now what's up with calling time out at the end of the game we 14 seconds left, why not let the clock run to 5 seconds then call time out.

Thats what im saying, that was pretty stupid. Let the clock run down because tampa didnt have any time outs left. Why call a timeout with 10 seconds? when you could let it go to 3 or so and kick it, and the game over. Bad call.

rent this space
someone suggested in another thread that maybe they did it to avoid losing on a penalty and ensuing 10 second run-off?

flynryan15
11-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Time management was fine this game. With no time outs remaining he is not going to risk the extra snap where anything can go wrong (Henne Int ring a bell)? Kick it deep, hold them and make them complete a miracle play.

The issue I am starting to have with Sparano is the inability of these Coordinators to scheme and call a game without being held accountable. If you hold your players and your self accountable, you dam sure better hold Paulie P and Henning accountable.

I dunno Ted? I think I would have been a lot more comfortable with calling that timeout with 4 seconds left and kick to win and walk off. Although with how this team has found ways to blow leads I guess a false start wasn't out of the question.

flynryan15
11-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Shhh..People think we won, therefore can not complain. Everything is just fine.

THERE ARE DIFFERENCE IN BEING AN OBJECTIVE FAN AND JUST A PLAIN HOMER.

HAHAHA no according to other posters on other threads I am just a HOMER! I try to look at the Pat White experiment objectively, but since I won't label him a bust after about 20 plays I am a HOMER!

dolphinsfan21
11-15-2009, 08:16 PM
I thought the stupid posts only came out during losses. The problem I see is our winning last year attracted some fairweather moron fans and now that were not doing as good, there complaining. Some of you guys are honestly so dumb. Yea fire sparano, I cant even say that without laughing.

wafinfan
11-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Fire Sparano huh...wow..just...wow...a rookie HC who was apart of taking a talent-less 1-15 team to 11-5 in his first season as a HC,and now has the team sitting at 4-5 against the toughest schedule in the NFL...are any of you perfect? no...am i perfect? no...aren't we all human? yes...do we make mistakes? yes we do...i think Coach Sparano's a good coach for our phins,and will get better with more experience...and he certainly has the support of the players,as well as Parcells&Ireland...you guys need to relax,eat some dinner or whatever,and enjoy this win ok...

Finally an intelligent reply.
Yes, we all made mistakes, but he seems like he had more than his share lately, ( beside FG with 10 secs left, he called TO with too much time left at the end )
The question is how much longer do we give him the pass?

Calling for his head right now may be premature at this time. But I am sick of people here keep giving ridiculous reason to continuously defend his poor game management skill.

The fact is the combination of luck and exceptional players efforts at the end cover up his poor decisions.

wafinfan
11-15-2009, 08:25 PM
HAHAHA no according to other posters on other threads I am just a HOMER! I try to look at the Pat White experiment objectively, but since I won't label him a bust after about 20 plays I am a HOMER!
The verdict still out on White, give him two seasons. We'll see...

Rhody Phins Fan
11-15-2009, 08:57 PM
With 14 seconds on the clock if we had a bad snap we could throw it away and have another shot.

wafinfan
11-15-2009, 09:13 PM
With 14 seconds on the clock if we had a bad snap we could throw it away and have another shot.

How long have you been watching NFL.
How many times did you see a qb informed the ref that he would call a TO when the clock tick down to 2, then wait until there are only 2 seconds on the clock, called a TO and have the kicker kick. Don't tell me you have not seen this numerous times.
Stop it already, Sparano was wrong.

Ricky_Fan34
11-15-2009, 09:30 PM
How many times did you see a qb informed the ref that he would call a TO when the clock tick down to 2, then wait until there are only 2 seconds on the clock, called a TO and have the kicker kick. Don't tell me you have not seen this numerous times.
Yeah, Sparano was wrong, get over it. I'm tired of seeing you start thread after thread bashing on Sparano. Yeah, you may have some points, but you act like you're informing us of events that we don't know occured. I assure you, we know.

MadDog 88
11-15-2009, 10:19 PM
I dunno Ted? I think I would have been a lot more comfortable with calling that timeout with 4 seconds left and kick to win and walk off. Although with how this team has found ways to blow leads I guess a false start wasn't out of the question.I think that's on Henne. He called the TO to quick. Don't get me wrong the ideal situation was run the clock to 3-4 seconds but it didn't happen that way.

Time management is one of the easiest targets for criticism. I have a hard time with some of the thoughts I've read on Sparano's game management but that's their opinion. Just as I am sure that some have thoughts on my opinion.

At this point I can't buy into Sparano getting canned for his game management skills. Again the real problem I have with him is the playcalling. He needs to clean it up and he is directly responsible for these issues. If he doesn't fix it, then he needs to be replaced with someone who will.

MadDog 88
11-15-2009, 10:22 PM
No you're not a homer but I know exactly what you mean. Funny some don't realize you need more than a handful of plays to develop. I am growing tired of the White experiment and cringe when I see him come on the field but I still remain objective. I don't necessarily think he will be a bust but he doesn't fit the power game Miami is building. I would prefer to see if he can make plays from the slot.

wafinfan
11-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah, Sparano was wrong, get over it. I'm tired of seeing you start thread after thread bashing on Sparano. Yeah, you may have some points, but you act like you're informing us of events that we don't know occured. I assure you, we know.
Nothing would please me more than a good win and have nothing to say but praise to our coaching staff.
When I will stop basing Sparano, easyÖif the following things happen
Ginn only on KR only, not WR
Play Wake more
See more of Hardline and Turner
No more bonehead calls
Make good half time adjustment
Coaching to win instead of coaching scare
Kick the A s s of Paul Pasq, our defense has been too vanilla. ( Hennings still doing OK )
Get a legit #1 wr, may be not his call entirely, Iím sure he got influence.

Iíll keep bashing until then.

wafinfan
11-15-2009, 10:54 PM
No you're not a homer but I know exactly what you mean. Funny some don't realize you need more than a handful of plays to develop. I am growing tired of the White experiment and cringe when I see him come on the field but I still remain objective. I don't necessarily think he will be a bust but he doesn't fit the power game Miami is building. I would prefer to see if he can make plays from the slot.
Take away White for a sec, it was a good idea. Add a dimension to the already dangerous wildcat, they learned from the Ravens defeat.
It just that White sprays all over.

hugoguzman
11-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Sadly, these types of threads have become my favorite.

Gives you interesting perspective into the mind of some fans out there (yes, WV, I'm referring to guys like you).

Fire a head coach that's 15-10 for his career after taking over a 1-15 team. Genius!

Flip Tanneflop
11-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Sadly, these types of threads have become my favorite.

Gives you interesting perspective into the mind of some fans out there (yes, WV, I'm referring to guys like you).

Fire a head coach that's 15-10 for his career after taking over a 1-15 team. Genius!

Have you ever considered that we are winning games DESPITE Tony Morono and not BECAUSE of Tony Morono?

Perhaps Chad Penningtons style of play(not turning it over etc etc) and veteran leadership vs. a very weak schedule was a recipe for success? I think someone mentioned that could be the result 6 months before we even signed Pennington....oh wait...that was me.

But, keep believing that Morono knows what he is doing just because we have a winning record with him as HC. Dont consider that it has been smart moves by the VP of operations and the GM combined with good play by the players and beating all the teams that are inferior to us.

Im under the belief that our record could be even better than what it has been over the last two seasons if we had a HC who wasnt a terrible game manager.

Are you suggesting we shouldnt upgrade our team in any way because we have a winning record over the last two seasons? Because thats what it sounds like.

Reality is when there are weaknesses, you attempt to upgrade them. I see Morono as a weakness, you dont.

Is Ted Ginn a good receiver because we have a 15-11 record(counting playoffs) over the last 2 seasons?

Ricky_Fan34
11-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Nothing would please me more than a good win and have nothing to say but praise to our coaching staff.
When I will stop basing Sparano, easyÖif the following things happen
Ginn only on KR only, not WR
Play Wake more
See more of Hardline and Turner
No more bonehead calls
Make good half time adjustment
Coaching to win instead of coaching scare
Kick the A s s of Paul Pasq, our defense has been too vanilla. ( Hennings still doing OK )
Get a legit #1 wr, may be not his call entirely, Iím sure he got influence.

Iíll keep bashing until then.
How about we just appoint you GM and let you call the shots? You seem to be such a genius and know everything there is to know about football, you would be a great addition to the Miami Dolphins...

It's amazing how many fans think they know more than coaches who are with the players every day. I think we fans should just take a step back, chill out, and let the coaches coach.

MadDog 88
11-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Have you ever considered that we are winning games DESPITE Tony Morono and not BECAUSE of Tony Morono?

Perhaps Chad Penningtons style of play(not turning it over etc etc) and veteran leadership vs. a very weak schedule was a recipe for success? I think someone mentioned that could be the result 6 months before we even signed Pennington....oh wait...that was me.

But, keep believing that Morono knows what he is doing just because we have a winning record with him as HC. Dont consider that it has been smart moves by the VP of operations and the GM combined with good play by the players and beating all the teams that are inferior to us.

Im under the belief that our record could be even better than what it has been over the last two seasons if we had a HC who wasnt a terrible game manager.

Are you suggesting we shouldnt upgrade our team in any way because we have a winning record over the last two seasons? Because thats what it sounds like.

Reality is when there are weaknesses, you attempt to upgrade them. I see Morono as a weakness, you dont.

Is Ted Ginn a good receiver because we have a 15-11 record(counting playoffs) over the last 2 seasons?A few minor mistakes that are based around time management is not going to get a HC fired WV. That would certainly set a precedent if it did. Firing him because he won't fix the OC and DC? If it continues, I am all for that.

Ricky_Fan34
11-15-2009, 11:07 PM

Is Ted Ginn a good receiver because we have a 15-11 record(counting playoffs) over the last 2 seasons?
players cannot dictate how well a team does. Not even Peyton Manning or Tom Brady can do it all on their own.

Flip Tanneflop
11-15-2009, 11:13 PM
A few minor mistakes that are based around time management is not going to get a HC fired WV. That would certainly set a precedent if it did. Firing him because he won't fix the OC and DC? If it continues, I am all for that.

I know it wont get him fired as long as we are winning. I know it would set precedint. Ive just never been the guy afraid of doing something different if I felt it was a smart move......much like that post about MJD.

I just feel like Morono is a detriment to our team on gamedays. I think he is a good football coach. Id love to have him as our OL coach, but thats about it. He kills me on gameday.

I think we need to upgrade at that position and it would be best to do it this offseason so that the players will have next year to adjust to the new coaching staff before making the run in 2011.

I wouldnt mind Romeo Crennel as DC btw.

3rdandinches
11-15-2009, 11:13 PM

Actually your wrong, on 4th down they wait until 2 secs are left not on 1st down. It was a 25 yard fg, if there's a bad snap the holder stands up and throws it away. Even with a grounding call it's still only a 35 yard fg saving the win.

Smart coaching covering all that could go wrong! How were they going to lose? By a 60 yard bomb, then I guess we deserved to lose then. You morons that nit pick on everything is pathetic. We could be undefeated and you'd still whine! Why not complain that Carpenter doesn't put it right in the middle of the fieldgoal, or the long snapper got it back 100th of a sec slow. What a joke!

MadDog 88
11-15-2009, 11:15 PM
I wouldnt mind Romeo Crennel as DC btw.:up:

Ricky_Fan34
11-15-2009, 11:15 PM
I know it wont get him fired as long as we are winning. I know it would set precedint. Ive just never been the guy afraid of doing something different if I felt it was a smart move......much like that post about MJD.

I wouldnt mind Romeo Crennel as DC btw.
I give Pasqualoni until after 2010 and if we don't see an improvement, I'd love to bring in Romeo Crennel.

maso3348
11-15-2009, 11:27 PM
I think that's on Henne. He called the TO to quick.

I have to agree with this post here. I dont think it was Sparano who called the timeout Im pretty sure that Henne immediately turned to the Ref and was jumping around and called for the timeout out of excitement and not really thinking.

But to call for the coach to be fired because of a timeout that he may not even have called and you still win the game doesnt make any sense what so ever.

Huffer
11-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Running one more play before half instead of kicking a fg is what you would have done as a coach? What play would you call? Let me guess a pass.... and to whom would you throw this pass that the other team knows has to be to the endzone? Maybe Sparano knows what he has on the roster.

Your logic makes no sense...... Sparano is dumb for throwing it on the first play of the game because our talent at wr sucks........ but he is also an idiot for not throwing to this talentless bunch right before half on a play where a sure score is on the line? You can't have it both ways man. If you don't like supporting the Dolphins I think you'd fit right in as a Jets fan, class wise.
So what play do you think we should have ran in the last 10 sec that would give us a good chance at a td without risking our sure FG?????? You say yourself our wr's are less than adequate........ yet you would risk those 3 sure points for possible miricle play that one of our wr makes a play instead of the defense who knows you have to throw to the endzone??????

You don't like Sporano..... we get it. You take any coach in the league whose team is losing and I bet they look like poor game managers.

If you want to get into why he should stay vs should not fine. But don't come on here because your wet dream fantasy of us blowing the doors off the Bucs was not realized and nit pick calls..... especially one that actually won us the game.

If you really want this organization turned around then you stick with the coach you have until he proves without a doubt he can't get the job done. You think B. Belichik was a genius coach from the get go? Cleveland let him go...... and many coaches since. The best organizations don't have lots of turnover at the coaching position.

Do you have any links to all your posts last year of your disapproval of Sporano and his coaching abilities or are you a only a Dolphins fan when they are having success. Just saying when a coach takes over a 1-15 team goes 11-5, wins the division and makes the playoffs he usually gets some credibility. What are your credentials???

Why do some people find it so hard to support the team and enjoy the games and the effort of our team? Why all the hate? Any fool can see we ARE headed in the right direction as an orginazation. Last year spoiled us a little as we overachieved and had a great season. This year is the dreaded reality check...... we still have a ways to go. But we are getting there. Let's realize there will be some bumps in the road........ but we can still enjoy the ride.

wafinfan
11-15-2009, 11:48 PM
I give Pasqualoni until after 2010 and if we don't see an improvement, I'd love to bring in Romeo Crennel.

Start looking now, keep him till end of this season.
Get rid of him if no significant improvement.

Ricky_Fan34
11-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Start looking now, keep him till end of this season.
Get rid of him if no significant improvement.
He has nothing to work with. No need to pull the trigger too quickly.

MadDog 88
11-15-2009, 11:55 PM
So what play do you think we should have ran in the last 10 sec that would give us a good chance at a td without risking our sure FG?????? You say yourself our wr's are less than adequate........ yet you would risk those 3 sure points for possible miricle play that one of our wr makes a play instead of the defense who knows you have to throw to the endzone??????

You don't like Sporano..... we get it. You take any coach in the league whose team is losing and I bet they look like poor game managers.

If you want to get into why he should stay vs should not fine. But don't come on here because your wet dream fantasy of us blowing the doors off the Bucs was not realized and nit pick calls..... especially one that actually won us the game.

If you really want this organization turned around then you stick with the coach you have until he proves without a doubt he can't get the job done. You think B. Belichik was a genius coach from the get go? Cleveland let him go...... and many coaches since. The best organizations don't have lots of turnover at the coaching position.

Do you have any links to all your posts last year of your disapproval of Sporano and his coaching abilities or are you a only a Dolphins fan when they are having success. Just saying when a coach takes over a 1-15 team goes 11-5, wins the division and makes the playoffs he usually gets some credibility. What are your credentials???

Why do some people find it so hard to support the team and enjoy the games and the effort of our team? Why all the hate? Any fool can see we ARE headed in the right direction as an orginazation. Last year spoiled us a little as we overachieved and had a great season. This year is the dreaded reality check...... we still have a ways to go. But we are getting there. Let's realize there will be some bumps in the road........ but we can still enjoy the ride.Are you debating yourself?

Ricky_Fan34
11-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Are you debating yourself?
I noticed that, but I think it was a glitch.

PerfectFinz72
11-16-2009, 12:09 AM
There are alot of quality posters here...but there seems to be an absurd amount of awful posters now too. Maybe its the growing popularity of the site. Naturally you are gonna get some rotten eggs. I just can't believe some of the stuff I read on here anymore.

BTW, when I say awful I mean people who sign up, who aren't Dolphins fans and have nothing better to do than troll a message board.

AdamC13
11-16-2009, 12:45 AM
I am absolutely split on him as a coach.

On one hand, he has done nothing short of a spectacular job in turning Miami around from 1-15 to 15-10 since taking over. He has made good personnel decisions, runs a solid practice, and has the respect of his players.

On the other hand, his use of time-outs and game-management are some of the worst I have seen. It just doesn't seem to click upstairs for him. Perhaps he should hire an assistant to say, "Tony calling a time-out here is a really STUPID thing to do." Or, "We should go for it here."

Wadeshow
11-16-2009, 12:49 AM
He has nothing to work with. No need to pull the trigger too quickly.

I think we need a DC that has the balls to put pressure on the other teams offense. It just looks to me that Pasq likes to play scared and that does not help our Rooks who are in the back running around beacuse we can't get any pressure on the QB beacuse we send 4 guys max.

I would rather see our defense get smoked but play smash mouth football then play scared. Show emotion show the offense that you will kick their ***** and I think our defense takes the presence of Pasq. Which is a nerdy little guy that never shows emotion.

We also will have a new OC I can see Henning retire. However, I would not be suprised if he came back if the Trifecta could not find a replacement for him. But then again I think we already have his replacement in David Lee.

This also is not a joke I really believe that Henning has to fall asleep upstairs in that booth and just forgets what has worked earlier in the game and what did not.

Miamifin23
11-16-2009, 12:57 AM
JON GRUDEN! I think if you plugged Gruden with this young team, we would be a legit contender very soon.

Dr. Phin
11-16-2009, 01:18 AM
JON GRUDEN! I think if you plugged Gruden with this young team, we would be a legit contender very soon.

Not that I would want to replace Sparano...but Gruden does LOVE HIM SOME WILDCAT...he would probably jump a the chance...

Skree
11-16-2009, 01:18 AM
Well TS hasn't cost us a game this season. Bellicheat can't say the same ! :lol:

Dr. Phin
11-16-2009, 01:20 AM
I am absolutely split on him as a coach.

On one hand, he has done nothing short of a spectacular job in turning Miami around from 1-15 to 15-10 since taking over. He has made good personnel decisions, runs a solid practice, and has the respect of his players.

On the other hand, his use of time-outs and game-management are some of the worst I have seen. It just doesn't seem to click upstairs for him. Perhaps he should hire an assistant to say, "Tony calling a time-out here is a really STUPID thing to do." Or, "We should go for it here."

I feel much the same way. Ultimately, I look at the talent on this team and figure he must be doing something right consider the absolute lack thereof...

wafinfan
11-16-2009, 01:41 AM
I feel much the same way. Ultimately, I look at the talent on this team and figure he must be doing something right consider the absolute lack thereof...
C,mon
I am sick and tired of people saying we have nothing to work with...

consider these,

One of the best OL in the league if not the best.
An intelligent strong arm young qb.
Best one two punch in rb...better than Zonk and Kiick
Two young promising cb
Average lb
Above average DL
Good kicker.

Yes, we have holes, but saying the coaching staff over achieve with the talent we have....

ABSOLUTELY NONSENSE.

Dr. Phin
11-16-2009, 02:02 AM
C,mon
I am sick and tire of people saying we have nothing to work with...

consider these,

One of the best OL in the league if not the best.
An intelligent strong arm young qb.
Best one two punch in rb...better than Zonk and Kiick
Two young promising cb
Average lb
Above average DL
Good kicker.

Yes, we have holes, but saying the coaching staff over achieve with the talent we have....

ABSOLUTELY NONSENSE.

I will give the O-line, but even Long hasn't exactly been lighting it up...

An intelligent strong arm young qb -- WHO IS IN HIS 6th GAME AND IS MAKING MISTAKES...(see pick at end of game)
Two young promising cb- TWO ROOKIES...that are making rookie mistakes. They are promising...but they are still rookies...(see Moss TD last week and TD this week etc)
Average LBs - NO at ILB they are below average, unless you expect a starting ILB to be on pace for 60 tackles in a season.

An aging pair of OLB's...thank God we got Porter out of there today.

A pair of safeties who can't seem to cover anyone. (I used to be a Bell supporter, but it is clear he has lost a step.)

A pair of TE's that can't seem to catch the ball...or constantly fumble it if they do. (Thank God Haynos always seems to fumble out of bounds.)

Oh....I notice you forgot to mention our wonderful receiving corps: We have a #1 who is afraid to get hit, can't catch the ball, and can't break tackles if he did. The rest are all a bunch of #3's.

We do have a good DL...but except for Ferguson, they are young too.

The only "ABSOLUTE NONSENSE" is anyone thinking Sparano has a set of all-stars to work with...

Flip Tanneflop
11-16-2009, 02:49 AM
Well TS hasn't cost us a game this season. Bellicheat can't say the same ! :lol:

Youre completely wrong and dont realize it. :pop:

finjim
11-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Again another HORRIBLE, WORTHLESS thread.

LEARN FOOTBALL KIDS!!!!

This is pitiful.

FinfanInBuffalo
11-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Now the decision for kicking FG with 10 secs left finally come back and cost us

I'm still trying to figure out what it "cost us" other than the time wasted reading this idiotic thread.....

finjim
11-16-2009, 09:12 AM
This wafinfan has some of the worst posts I have seen. Welcome to my ignore list kid!

Wow!

Fish-Head
11-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Again another HORRIBLE, WORTHLESS thread.

LEARN FOOTBALL KIDS!!!!

This is pitiful.

Geez bro wouldn't go that far... Maybe calling for his head or implying he sucks is a bit much... But questioning some of the things so far is not a 'worthless' exercise.

There have been time management issues with TO's etc but the thing that concerns me is how we have performed in the 2nd half. We are being CONSISTENTLY outcoached in the 2nd half of games... To the point where it has become a trend.

We are a first half team which says to me we are GREAT at preparation... Not so great at adjustments. This is not a personnel issue or time management... It is a coaching issue.

Coaching on the fly... Making adjustments and reacting to what the other team is doing is an earmark of good coaching...

I think we could be better at it... I'm not saying get rid of him not even close... But we need to be able to close out... Finish teams off and keep our foot on their throats the entire game.

3rdandinches
11-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Geez bro wouldn't go that far... Maybe calling for his head or implying he sucks is a bit much... But questioning some of the things so far is not a 'worthless' exercise.

There have been time management issues with TO's etc but the thing that concerns me is how we have performed in the 2nd half. We are being CONSISTENTLY outcoached in the 2nd half of games... To the point where it has become a trend.

We are a first half team which says to me we are GREAT at preparation... Not so great at adjustments. This is not a personnel issue or time management... It is a coaching issue.

Coaching on the fly... Making adjustments and reacting to what the other team is doing is an earmark of good coaching...

I think we could be better at it... I'm not saying get rid of him not even close... But we need to be able to close out... Finish teams off and keep our foot on their throats the entire game.

We all would like to win games easier and look great doing so. Discussing some of the turning points and other key moments is great but the debate losses any merit with the conclusion of TS sucks, Henning needs to be fired, PP needs to be replaced now, the FO sucks etc..... cut cut here cut cut there really takes the intelligence out of it.

Some posters here are never satisfied and couldn't hold a decent conversation with a 5 year old because it too would turn into a "no you suck" barrage.

finjim
11-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Our brother from the Great White North knows more about football than half the Fins fans.

Good job!

Fish-Head
11-16-2009, 10:03 AM
We all would like to win games easier and look great doing so. Discussing some of the turning points and other key moments is great but the debate losses any merit with the conclusion of TS sucks, Henning needs to be fired, PP needs to be replaced now, the FO sucks etc..... cut cut here cut cut there really takes the intelligence out of it.

Some posters here are never satisfied and couldn't hold a decent conversation with a 5 year old because it too would turn into a "no you suck" barrage.

I agree with the 'no knee jerk reactions' stuff... But an unbiased analysis examining 'trends' does show that some of the coaching decisions have been suspect.

I am not calling for anyone's head but I would LOVE to see us come out after the half and look like the 'different' team... In most cases we suddenly cannot do the things that we were having success with... Pass rush evaporates, run game disappears etc... There are too many instances where the other team's adjustments trump ours...

It began with the New Orleans game and has continued since...

We have to make better adjustments at the half and finish teams off... Until we do it consistently we will always be making the games harder on ourselves.

Orlando Fan
11-16-2009, 10:03 AM
The 10 second left on the clock with no timeouts with the fins around the 8 yard line, You kick the field goal and take the points. They could have rolled the dice and tried a pass in the endzone, but too risky, if Henne gets sacked the game is over, If the reciever catches the ball in bounds before scoring the game ends. The smart play was done You kick the field goal go up by 2 and kick off with 10 seconds left. It turned out ok.

3rdandinches
11-16-2009, 04:14 PM
I agree with the 'no knee jerk reactions' stuff... But an unbiased analysis examining 'trends' does show that some of the coaching decisions have been suspect.

I am not calling for anyone's head but I would LOVE to see us come out after the half and look like the 'different' team... In most cases we suddenly cannot do the things that we were having success with... Pass rush evaporates, run game disappears etc... There are too many instances where the other team's adjustments trump ours...

It began with the New Orleans game and has continued since...

We have to make better adjustments at the half and finish teams off... Until we do it consistently we will always be making the games harder on ourselves.

I agree, we seem to take off the pressure especially in the 4th quarter. I don't know any other DC that would allow a rookie to just sit back there with no pressure and all the time in the world. I question both co-ordinators almost every game on their decisions especially when we throw, throw and throw some more.

I just think TS is learning as well, he didn't walk into M.Tomlins/K.Whisenthunts/B.Switzer etc... situation, there was no great players or established coaches to lean on. So to realize he will make certain mistakes to me is apart of the turn around as much as the players getting better.

If nothing changes then I'll get alot more critical, but TS always seems to have this team prepared and competitive. One thing I will look at too is if we catch a couple balls we're minimum 6-3 and that's not on TS, I don't believe atleast.

Flip Tanneflop
11-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Tony Morono.

Why is this in Spam?

This is a great ****ing thread. Gotta give the OP credit here. He is one of the few who have been dead on about Morono for a while now.