PDA

View Full Version : ? about xbox and ps3...need help..

uga3406
11-21-2009, 05:01 PM
I was thinking of purchasing the xbox 360. I have had always bough sony ps 1 and 2 etc etc but now I was thinking of maybe now buying xbox 360. When i went to best buy to talk to a employee there he said both systems are good but when i asked about the red ring of death he said that xbox has been making corrections and it has gotten better. He also said he has had xbox for about 4 years and had 3 problems w/ it. It made me to wonder if xbox really the way to go? I also know the online play for xbox is good and better then ps3....the arcade xbox 360 is about $200 w/ 40 $ warrantly and another 30 bucks for a card while the $300 system comes w/ e'thing and has a 2 yr warrantly for 80 and no card...and that is not including a game u r buying to 60 for one and 120 for two...just need some help or direction is it worht it buying xbox or stay w/ ps3 and sony? any help is always appreciated...

Ricky_Fan34
11-21-2009, 05:05 PM
I have both. I purchase an xbox 360 a couple years ago and from day 1 it didn't work properly. I said screw it and bought a PS3. I've never had any problems with the PS3. PSN is free, which is a huge advantage and the graphics are better.

People complain that xbox live is more popular than PSN, but I have never had any trouble getting any game going on PSN. If I were you, I would go with the PS3. It is far more worth it than xbox. If you do go with PS3, give me your username. Mine is Miami_Dolphins34.

uga3406
11-21-2009, 06:33 PM
I have both. I purchase an xbox 360 a couple years ago and from day 1 it didn't work properly. I said screw it and bought a PS3. I've never had any problems with the PS3. PSN is free, which is a huge advantage and the graphics are better.

People complain that xbox live is more popular than PSN, but I have never had any trouble getting any game going on PSN. If I were you, I would go with the PS3. It is far more worth it than xbox. If you do go with PS3, give me your username. Mine is Miami_Dolphins34.

I have a question for you about ps3....how much does it go for? I enver asked the guy and do i need to buy a card w/ it....Also my computer is inside 1 room while my tv and play system is in another room..how exactly would i work the online fun?

Ricky_Fan34
11-21-2009, 07:02 PM
I have a question for you about ps3....how much does it go for? I enver asked the guy and do i need to buy a card w/ it....Also my computer is inside 1 room while my tv and play system is in another room..how exactly would i work the online fun?
I bought mine for 500 two years ago, now they are down to 300. By card do you mean memory card? If so, the answer is no. You have the option of buying an 80 G ps3, which I have. Or a 60 G I believe. If you have wireless internet access, the PS3 will automatically pick it up. If you have a wire connection, you will need to run an ethernet cable to the PS3. Anymore questions?

Clipse
11-21-2009, 07:11 PM
I'd reccomend the 360. New 360's don't have much of an RROD problem as old ones do. And Microsoft fixes RROD for free even out of warranty a lot of the time. Not to mention you could get RROD fixed for real cheap locally, or by yourself. PS3 literally costs an arm and a leg if it messes up out of warranty. If you want Blu-Ray I'd reccomend PS3. However XBL is WORLD's better than PSN. A lot better DLC (downloadable content). You can't go wrong with either system, but as someone who only plays online, 360 is the easy choice because of Live.

uga3406
11-21-2009, 07:16 PM
I'd reccomend the 360. New 360's don't have much of an RROD problem as old ones do. And Microsoft fixes RROD for free even out of warranty a lot of the time. Not to mention you could get RROD fixed for real cheap locally, or by yourself. PS3 literally costs an arm and a leg if it messes up out of warranty. If you want Blu-Ray I'd reccomend PS3. However XBL is WORLD's better than PSN. A lot better DLC (downloadable content). You can't go wrong with either system, but as someone who only plays online, 360 is the easy choice because of Live.

the sales man today was telling me how much i needed a warrantly policy...r u telling me that i dont need a warrantly policy? If sthing brakes down that they will fix it for me free ? A friend told me that a week ago...

Ricky_Fan34
11-21-2009, 07:17 PM
I don't think live is that much better. I have been on live a few times, but like I said, I have never had any issues whatsoever with PSN. The problem I have with 360 is not that they will fix the problem for free, there should not be any problems. The reason the 360 has so many bugs and glitches is because they tried to rush the release of it, unlike PS3. What do 360's cost now? 250? That's only $50 less for a system that will potentially have several problems.

Maybe I'm just biased against 360 because of how my experiance with it went, but in my opinion the PS3 is a better buy.

Ricky_Fan34
11-21-2009, 07:18 PM
the sales man today was telling me how much i needed a warrantly policy...r u telling me that i dont need a warrantly policy? If sthing brakes down that they will fix it for me free ? A friend told me that a week ago...
A friend told me you could send it awau free for the first issue, but then you have to pay for the next.

uga3406
11-21-2009, 07:19 PM
I bought mine for 500 two years ago, now they are down to 300. By card do you mean memory card? If so, the answer is no. You have the option of buying an 80 G ps3, which I have. Or a 60 G I believe. If you have wireless internet access, the PS3 will automatically pick it up. If you have a wire connection, you will need to run an ethernet cable to the PS3. Anymore questions?

yeah i meant mem card...my bad....going to b a hard decision...no matter what i select keep all info coming every 1 and u 2 ricky fan...

Ricky_Fan34
11-21-2009, 07:21 PM
yeah i meant mem card...my bad....going to b a hard decision...no matter what i select keep all info coming every 1 and u 2 ricky fan...
I strongly reccomend the PS3. What is your time window for purchasing it?

uga3406
11-21-2009, 07:22 PM
A friend told me you could send it awau free for the first issue, but then you have to pay for the next.

thanks for info again, like i said keep it coming

uga3406
11-21-2009, 07:24 PM
I strongly reccomend the PS3. What is your time window for purchasing it?

I would say about two weeks at best...the thing is most of my friends have xbox and have been on me for months to get it but i know ps systems so well u know...feels like i am purchasing a car here lol

Ricky_Fan34
11-21-2009, 07:27 PM
You can buy the new PS3 for $350 and it's 250 GB. The older version (which I have) is only 300 for 120 GB (I thought it was 60, 80- its 120,80 GB)

OR

You can buy the old Xbox 360 for 200. Only comes with what's neccesary to play. You canb buy the elite, which costs 300. Or you can buy the Xbox with 2 controllers and that's $250

*These prices are based off of Target*

Ricky_Fan34
11-21-2009, 07:28 PM
I would say about two weeks at best...the thing is most of my friends have xbox and have been on me for months to get it but i know ps systems so well u know...feels like i am purchasing a car here lol
:lol: A lot of us here on FinHeaven have PS3. If you're a Madden fan, we could put together a FinHeaven Online Franchise.

uga3406
11-21-2009, 07:34 PM
:lol: A lot of us here on FinHeaven have PS3. If you're a Madden fan, we could put together a FinHeaven Online Franchise.

I like madden and ncaa football...tiger woods pga tour is 1 of my favorties too...the game that sold me on upgrading is assasins creed 2 when i saw the tralier i was sold!:crazy:

Ricky_Fan34
11-21-2009, 07:35 PM
I like madden and ncaa football...tiger woods pga tour is 1 of my favorties too...the game that sold me on upgrading is assasins creed 2 when i saw the tralier i was sold!:crazy:
Do you have an HDTV? If so, I would definately go PS3

uga3406
11-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Do you have an HDTV? If so, I would definately go PS3

not for the tv i play games on...i gotta run for now dawgs start in an hour but any info is helpfull and appreciated

Ricky_Fan34
11-21-2009, 07:43 PM
not for the tv i play games on...i gotta run for now dawgs start in an hour but any info is helpfull and appreciated
College football?

uga3406
11-21-2009, 10:01 PM
yes college football...go dawgs!!!!!!!!!!! 17-6

Ricky_Fan34
11-21-2009, 10:03 PM
yes college football...go dawgs!!!!!!!!!!! 17-6
Georgia?

Clipse
11-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Yes, you will want a warranty policy. What I was saying is that often times, you can get Microsoft to fix RROD out of warranty (I did). But you would still want a warranty.

Clipse
11-21-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't think live is that much better. I have been on live a few times, but like I said, I have never had any issues whatsoever with PSN. The problem I have with 360 is not that they will fix the problem for free, there should not be any problems. The reason the 360 has so many bugs and glitches is because they tried to rush the release of it, unlike PS3. What do 360's cost now? 250? That's only $50 less for a system that will potentially have several problems.

Maybe I'm just biased against 360 because of how my experiance with it went, but in my opinion the PS3 is a better buy.
While I agree with what you're saying, 360 isn't very troublesome anymore. They've greatly reduced the RROD problem with newer 360s. And XBL has much better DLC which is why I like it more.

Clipse
11-21-2009, 11:00 PM
I was in the same boat as you. Owned both a PS1 and PS2. However got a 360, and honestly, it's not too different as far as controls go. Doesn't take any time to get used to. And all my friends had 360's too because a lot more people have a 360 than PS3, so it really wasn't a hard decision for me.

uga3406
11-21-2009, 11:31 PM
I was in the same boat as you. Owned both a PS1 and PS2. However got a 360, and honestly, it's not too different as far as controls go. Doesn't take any time to get used to. And all my friends had 360's too because a lot more people have a 360 than PS3, so it really wasn't a hard decision for me.

thanks for the advice fellow phin/sixer fan :up: got another question for you lets say i dont get the warranty, is it that big of deal..never had 1 for sony playstation and here goes: I will most likely get two games, if u were choosing which out these would you get, remember two of them:

Call of duty: war of worlds- I like ww11 and my friend said he will give me the new 1 for free

Assasins Creed 2- heard it is a great game and that 1 was good but 2 is much better

Madden 2010- Love the NFL

Ncaa f'ball 2010- etc etc

Tiger woods pga tour 2010- have read that this game is a little frusrating and that the graphics are medocore..well there ya go...any help ...this question is for any 1....

uga3406
11-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Georgia?

yup UGA :woot:

Ricky_Fan34
11-21-2009, 11:37 PM
thanks for the advice fellow phin/sixer fan :up: got another question for you lets say i dont get the warranty, is it that big of deal..never had 1 for sony playstation and here goes: I will most likely get two games, if u were choosing which out these would you get, remember two of them:

Call of duty: war of worlds- I like ww11 and my friend said he will give me the new 1 for free

Assasins Creed 2- heard it is a great game and that 1 was good but 2 is much better

Tiger woods pga tour 2010- have read that this game is a little frusrating and that the graphics are medocore..well there ya go...any help ...this question is for any 1....
I would get MW2 and Madden 10. I have both and I like both of them a lot.

uga3406
11-21-2009, 11:53 PM
I would get MW2 and Madden 10. I have both and I like both of them a lot.

whats MW2 stand for lol Yes Madden seems to be relaly popular...do they have a lot fo wildcat plays for the phins

Ricky_Fan34
11-21-2009, 11:54 PM
whats MW2 stand for lol Yes Madden seems to be relaly popular...do they have a lot fo wildcat plays for the phins
Madden has about 12 wildcat plays, and MW2 stand for modern warfare 2

uga3406
11-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Madden has about 12 wildcat plays, and MW2 stand for modern warfare 2

ahh thanks!!

Ricky_Fan34
11-22-2009, 12:06 AM
ahh thanks!!
You feel dumb after that one don't you? :lol:

Clipse
11-22-2009, 04:09 AM

I would get the warranty just to be safe. 360/PS3 cost an arm and a leg to repair out of warranty. Not all times will they repair RROD for free. And if they won't, you can usually get it fixed locally, or by yourself for cheap. Like I said, just be safe and get the warranty. It would suck to get one of those rare problem that isn't RROD, but also cost $200 to repair. Or if you decide with PS3, $400 or whatever, PS3 repair prices are out the roof.

Call of Duty World at War is a great game. If you're getting the new one for free, this is worth a buy if you're a WW2 fan.

Assassins Creed 2 is a great game.

Madden 2010 is a must buy for all NFL fans.

NCAA Football 2010 is another must buy for NCAA fans.

Haven't played Tiger Woods 2010 so can't really help you here. But I do like the Tiger Woods series.

If you had to go with 2, I'd probably pick Madden 10 and Assassins Creed 2, since you're going to have the new COD anyways.

Dolfan3773
11-22-2009, 10:01 PM
My Xbox 360 has taken yet another ring of death ****. I'm seriously thinking of trading it in for a PS3

uga3406
11-22-2009, 11:49 PM
My Xbox 360 has taken yet another ring of death ****. I'm seriously thinking of trading it in for a PS3

wow how many is that for you if u dont mind me asking

Ricky_Fan34
11-22-2009, 11:52 PM
If you have not read my previous posts, I have a PS3 and have never had any issues with it.

Predaphin
11-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm only going to make one suggestion, whatever sysytem you purchase, make sure you get warranty for them.

I went through 3 Xbox's and haven't had a problem with the 4th one. The first Xbox, I got the red Rings of death, luckily I still had manufacture warranty so i send it back, they fixed it. About 6 months later the same Xbox would not read the games. So I had to get another one, purchased used through gamestop (w/warranty) about 5 months later red rings, they gave me another used one (again bought warranty) about 10 months later red rings, I am now on the 4th Xbox w/warranty going on about 10 months.

I've gone through 1 PS3 and am currently on my 2nd PS3. The first one lasted about 1 year and 8 months before one of my games would not eject (consider the fact that i purchased the first one about 3 months after it's release), I had learned my lesson from the Xbox so I had pruchased warranty, took it back to Best buy, they could not fix it, got my game out and gave me a new PS3 with all the extra goodies (PS3 controller, cables, and YES a GAME). Luckily They were only selling console bundles so I got MGS4 for free, although I had purchased it 3 weeks earlier at gamestop. I'm going on about a year and 6 months with my new PS3 and no issues.

Personally, I am happy with my PS3, the Xbox is used more by my son.

Ricky_Fan34
11-24-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm only going to make one suggestion, whatever sysytem you purchase, make sure you get warranty for them.

I went through 3 Xbox's and haven't had a problem with the 4th one. The first Xbox, I got the red Rings of death, luckily I still had manufacture warranty so i send it back, they fixed it. About 6 months later the same Xbox would not read the games. So I had to get another one, purchased used through gamestop (w/warranty) about 5 months later red rings, they gave me another used one (again bought warranty) about 10 months later red rings, I am now on the 4th Xbox w/warranty going on about 10 months.

I've gone through 1 PS3 and am currently on my 2nd PS3. The first one lasted about 1 year and 8 months before one of my games would not eject (consider the fact that i purchased the first one about 3 months after it's release), I had learned my lesson from the Xbox so I had pruchased warranty, took it back to Best buy, they could not fix it, got my game out and gave me a new PS3 with all the extra goodies (PS3 controller, cables, and YES a GAME). Luckily They were only seeling console bundles so I got MGS4 for free, although I had purchased it 3 weeks earlier at gamestop. I'm going on about a year and 6 months with my new PS3 and no issues.

I've had my PS3 for 2 years. I'm hoping my games do not start getting stuck in the slot lol.

Predaphin
11-24-2009, 02:19 PM
I've had my PS3 for 2 years. I'm hoping my games do not start getting stuck in the slot lol.

How long after the PS3 was released, did you purchase your PS3?

I wouldn't worry about it, I thought my first PS3 was more due to the fact that I purchased it nearly when the first consolse came out. Especially now with the new slim PS3's, I'm sure they've fixed all technical issues.

uga3406
11-24-2009, 05:34 PM

I've gone through 1 PS3 and am currently on my 2nd PS3. The first one lasted about 1 year and 8 months before one of my games would not eject (consider the fact that i purchased the first one about 3 months after it's release), I had learned my lesson from the Xbox so I had pruchased warranty, took it back to Best buy, they could not fix it, got my game out and gave me a new PS3 with all the extra goodies (PS3 controller, cables, and YES a GAME). Luckily They were only selling console bundles so I got MGS4 for free, although I had purchased it 3 weeks earlier at gamestop. I'm going on about a year and 6 months with my new PS3 and no issues.

thank you for the friendly advice

Dolfan3773
11-24-2009, 08:57 PM
wow how many is that for you if u dont mind me asking

I think this is the 3rd or 4th time. The funny thing is that I don't use it much, just every once in a while. I just got the new Call Of Duty and had to wait to play it.