PDA

View Full Version : Sombody remind me again why we traded Welker? Why? WHY? WHY?

DirkDiggler
12-06-2009, 02:37 PM
WHY?

Oraclepz
12-06-2009, 02:50 PM
he didnt want to be here... screw him

napsndreds
12-06-2009, 02:51 PM
to get bess.

Vertical Limit
12-06-2009, 02:53 PM
He didn't want to be here. He admitted having fantasies of being on the other side of the field when he was a Dolphin playing against the Patriots. **** him.

Lorenzo Rules
12-06-2009, 02:54 PM
well i am off of the welker bandwagon now and our coaching staff is probally why welker wanted the hell out. and what pisses me off is that Chambers is playing his best game ever according to espn . we need wrs a offensive coordinator and a whole new defense.

DirkDiggler
12-06-2009, 02:56 PM
to get bess.

Oh well, that worked out great huh!?!?!?

tylerdolphin
12-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Because he HAD HAD HAD to. The Pats would have poison pilled us and got him anyhow.

glwhee
12-06-2009, 03:34 PM
remind me why this question is asked and answered EVERY time we play new england

Bahama Fin Fan
12-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Can we please stop bringing this up-he was going to New England. Welker was a restricted free agent; anyone signing him had to give us a 2nd round draft pick if we chose not to match the contract offered. New England was going to put in a "poison pill" that stated that if he played something like 10 games in Miami, all of his contract would be guaranteed. This would not happen in New England, but would happen if he signed with us. New England did us a favor giving us a 7th round draft pick along with the 2nd we would have got just so they didn't have to put that "poison pill" in. Now put this in a coffin, nail the lid on it, bury it and cover it in concrete in an unmarked grave. Thanks you

mmikel30
12-06-2009, 03:38 PM
you never trade a player to a division rival !...dumb ! and we traded chambers too. now we have no receivers. we probably would have thrown one more pass right before the half but we have nobody to go up and get it....chambers would of gave us that chance !

LANGER72
12-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Because our front office/coaches/GM was a joke.

Rugby
12-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Because our front office/coaches/GM was a joke.

remember who our GM and Coach were that year ? Does Mueller & Cameron ring a bell ? Enough said.....they were both idiots, or hell bent on destroying the Dolphins franchise and fanbase, which they just about succeeded in doing. They also broke the will of Huizenga and that is why he sold the team.

dr.jake
12-06-2009, 04:08 PM
we were able to draft samson satele with that NE second rounder which we then brilliantly parlayed by trading him for a sixth. in essence...welker for a sixth. don't know of many gms that wouldn't pull that trigger (with the exception of course being miami)

volk
12-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Ironically, I remember defending Welker on this very message board prior to his leaving this team. It was amazing the number of fans calling him "overrated" and an "average punt returner". I remember trying to get people to realize how special he was as a player. I don't know how the exit came about, but it was definitely one of the worst decisions our FO has made.

ChadHenne
12-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Like everybody else has stated, he had wet dreams of catching Tom Brady's balls.

Wow, that sounded totally wrong :chuckle:

Rhody Phins Fan
12-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Ironically, I remember defending Welker on this very message board prior to his leaving this team. It was amazing the number of fans calling him "overrated" and an "average punt returner". I remember trying to get people to realize how special he was as a player. I don't know how the exit came about, but it was definitely one of the worst decisions our FO has made.

He's still overrated. Without Moss that offense would fall apart. Just watch Welkers catches. He's covered by linebackers on half of them.

Also, we had no choice but to trade Welker. The Patriots signed him to a poison pill contract that we couldn't match.

Dr. Phin
12-06-2009, 09:06 PM
There is no good reason. Welker is a borderline HOF candidate IMO.

But around here I hear about how over-rated he is...bull...he is a great player...and he was a great player when he was here. It wasn't his fault he was a rose among the thorns when he was here...

Dr. Phin
12-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Can we please stop bringing this up-he was going to New England. Welker was a restricted free agent; anyone signing him had to give us a 2nd round draft pick if we chose not to match the contract offered. New England was going to put in a "poison pill" that stated that if he played something like 10 games in Miami, all of his contract would be guaranteed. This would not happen in New England, but would happen if he signed with us. New England did us a favor giving us a 7th round draft pick along with the 2nd we would have got just so they didn't have to put that "poison pill" in. Now put this in a coffin, nail the lid on it, bury it and cover it in concrete in an unmarked grave. Thanks you

We could have gotten him a new contract before it ever got to that point. We only ended up in the poison-pill scenario because we were too stupid to give him a real contract.

Mozark_Finfan
12-06-2009, 09:12 PM
I don't understand the man crush on Welker, seriously. He wanted out of Miami and "dreamed" (his words) of being a Patriot. He was a restricted free agent and Miami could match the offer he received or receive a 2nd round pick in compensation. Welker's agents and the Patriots set up a contract that made it all but impossible for the Dolphins to sign him. Kraft didn't like the "poison pill" because he is friends with Huzienga, so they worked out a deal with an extra draft pick. Welker wanted out of Miami and "was dying to be a Patriot" and he made it happen. He's a good player but he's in a good situation with New England. I just don't understand why so many of you love this guy when he wanted out of Miami and was willing to do anything to get out of here.

DolphinsFan23
12-06-2009, 09:13 PM
I remember when Wes played for us some Dolphins fans used to just call him a "serviceable receiver". Too slow, too small ... but likable and all that. Ooops. There's no doubt about it now, Wes is a superstar in the NFL. He's come a long way from his days at Texas Tech. Wes and Randy Moss are equally good NFL receivers.

If Wes hasn't already gotten a big contract extension he definitely should get one soon. What makes Wes a star is his quickness, his reliable hands, his concentration, and his toughness. That beats 40 times and size any day of the week. He flat out knows how to consistently get open and consistently catch the ball.

Rhody Phins Fan
12-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Wes and Randy Moss are equally good NFL receivers.

This exactly why Welker is overrated. He isn't even close to being as good as Moss. When Welker missed a game earlier in the season the Patriots put in Julian Edelman, an undrafted rookie quarterback converted to wr, and he had 9 catches for 90 yards. Moss gets covered by the best cornerbacks on teams and Welker gets covered by linebackers and nickel corners.

WVDolphan
12-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Because he HAD HAD HAD to. The Pats would have poison pilled us and got him anyhow.

I still cant understand why there are so many clueless dip****s allowed to roam this forum who STILL DONT UNDERSTAND THIS!!!!!!!

Every few weeks some ****ing moron posts some **** like this as a thread title. EVERY TIME this simple answer is pointed out. Yet, with no fail someone still posts the **** again.

Then you will see random posts with someone suggesting how dumb we were for trading Welker. WE HAD NO ****ING CHOICE MORONS!!!! YOU ARE ON THIS BOARD EVERY GOD DAMNED DAY AND THIS INFO IS HERE FOR YOU YET YOU REFUSE TO SOAK IT INTO YOUR ****ING WORTHLESS BRAINS!!!!!!!

Jesus christ. 90% of the fans on this board are ****ing lost and claim to be huge fans, post here all the time, yet they dont watch every game and they dont get this simplest **** like this. Unreal. I dont get how they can spend so much time on here and at the same time they arent big enough fans to make sure they watch every ****ing game.

Gonzo
12-10-2009, 01:19 AM
I still cant understand why there are so many clueless dip****s allowed to roam this forum who STILL DONT UNDERSTAND THIS!!!!!!!

Every few weeks some ****ing moron posts some **** like this as a thread title. EVERY TIME this simple answer is pointed out. Yet, with no fail someone still posts the **** again.

Then you will see random posts with someone suggesting how dumb we were for trading Welker. WE HAD NO ****ING CHOICE MORONS!!!! YOU ARE ON THIS BOARD EVERY GOD DAMNED DAY AND THIS INFO IS HERE FOR YOU YET YOU REFUSE TO SOAK IT INTO YOUR ****ING WORTHLESS BRAINS!!!!!!!

Jesus christ. 90% of the fans on this board are ****ing lost and claim to be huge fans, post here all the time, yet they dont watch every game and they dont get this simplest **** like this. Unreal. I dont get how they can spend so much time on here and at the same time they arent big enough fans to make sure they watch every ****ing game.
It's the reason I moved it here. It gets tiring.