PDA

View Full Version : The Segregation Bowl: TCU vs. Boise State

Rafiki
12-06-2009, 11:18 PM
No BCS teams will be harmed in the making of this game.

At first I was pretty pissed. This is just a convenient way to deal with 2 BCS busters without risking embarrassment toward the BCS system as a whole.

But the more I think about it, TCU is pretty much BSU's closest thing to a rival. And TCU is undoubtedly a for-real team. Whoever wins this game will have a legitimate argument for starting next season ranked in the top 5.

My prediction is that TCU might win the turnover and the time of possession battle, but Boise State's big play capability will keep this game close and eventually win them the game.

TCU 24
BSU 31

kpcane
12-06-2009, 11:24 PM
You should never be pissed that your team can play that joke of a schedule and get such a prestigious bowl.

Rafiki
12-06-2009, 11:45 PM
You should never be pissed that your team can play that joke of a schedule and get such a prestigious bowl.

:lol:

Maybe people should schedule BSU and keep them out. An undefeated season is an undefeated season, and the win against the PAC 10 champs doesn't hurt either. By January 4th BSU could have two victories against top 10 teams.

Anyway, I love the underdog role. The meltdown after the 2007 Fiesta Bowl on these boards was classic and I'll hopefully enjoy it again. Hate on, haters.

TedSlimmJr
12-06-2009, 11:54 PM
The Segregation Bowl....:lol:

I'll take TCU by 10....

kpcane
12-06-2009, 11:59 PM

Maybe people should schedule BSU and keep them out. An undefeated season is an undefeated season, and the win against the PAC 10 champs doesn't hurt either. By January 4th BSU could have two victories against top 10 teams.

Anyway, I love the underdog role. The meltdown after the 2007 Fiesta Bowl on these boards was classic and I'll hopefully enjoy it again. Hate on, haters.

Ask the Hurricanes. I sincerely doubt they'll say no.

As for schedule strength, Boise's ranked 98th in the Sagarin rankings, Miami was 18th.

How many of the top 39 teams, according to the AP, did Boise play? 1.

How many did Miami play? 5

And the Sagarin rankings had the ACC as the 3rd toughest conference, the WAC as the 9th. Woo-hoo. Write home about going undefeated through that gauntlet.

Rafiki
12-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Ask the Hurricanes. I sincerely doubt they'll say no.

As for schedule strength, Boise's ranked 98th in the Sagarin rankings, Miami was 18th.

How many of the top 39 teams, according to the AP, did Boise play? 1.

How many did Miami play? 5

And the Sagarin rankings had the ACC as the 3rd toughest conference, the WAC as the 9th. Woo-hoo. Write home about going undefeated through that gauntlet.

It's true that BSU plays in an inferior conference, they'd change if they could, but their domination of that conference over the last decade has been undeniable. They've gone undefeated in 4 of the last 6 seasons.

Before entering the FBS, they won the Division 1 National Championship (1980), and before that, they won the JUCO National Championship (1958). In 2007 they got their first BCS win, and they're ready to try for another and another until they get a shot at the national title. It's destiny, I tell you!

And they'll come to your house to play you. They know what is expected and they are trying to fulfill those expectations. People have a vested interest in NOT playing them.

Why do I always end up defending Boise states worthiness instead of actually talking about the game? It's becoming repetitive.

Coach Petersen will have the Broncos ready for TCU. Hopefully this year our kicker can kick the game winner.

JohnBeckHOF
12-07-2009, 01:33 AM
LOL @ a Boise State fan trying to talk up the merits of its schedule.
And moving up conferences isn't going to happen; you'll never be in the superior Mountain West Conference as your school (which you, like most BSU fans, probably never attended) is a glorified truck driving school. Your schedule is weak. You have one good win this year; one.
You've been a BSU fan since about 2002 or so. Just admit it. You probably went to Idaho State or UI, heck, probably just went to CSI, and jumped on the bandwagon as BSU rose to prominence by beating up on WAC weaklings.

TCU wins this game by 20+

Joe from WY
12-07-2009, 03:19 AM
MWC tawps th wikki-wac *** cunfernce...lol tcu bai 40...lol

JohnBeckHOF
12-07-2009, 03:30 AM

In the haste of you ranting about how people want to "dodge" BJC, you fail to list the key reason why nobody is putting them on their schedules.
Your AD wants 1:1 (home and home) only. No 2:1s, no 1 and dones, but home and homes.
Let's look at that. I've been to your "stadium"; it seats around 30K, and its in Boise, flippin Idaho. As a consequence, BJC can't offer a high enough guarantee, nor does it possess the clout to demand home and homes.
The revenue isn't there. BJC doesn't have the resources to be in a position to make demands for games. So, until your AD lets up on his ultimatum, your schedule will continue to be peppered with I-AA and MAC teams.
They aren't "dodging" BJC, the demands are just too high.
The one and done with VA Tech next season is a nice start, but you're going to need more of those until BJC's stadium gets about 20-30K more seats before BJC can start demanding "home and homes".

Why can BYU get someone like Florida State in a one and one? The stadium seats over 60K and a high guarantee can be offered.

I get so tired of the BJC "persecuted" act, and I laugh at the idea of Boise beating TCU.
Really? Boise St....the same team that got gashed by Ryan Mathews and Fresno State?
the same team that nearly lost to Tulsa?
the same team that struggled for 3.5 quarters with UC-Davis, an FCS team?
the same team that struggled mightily with LA Tech?

Hah.

JohnBeckHOF
12-07-2009, 03:31 AM
And they'll come to your house to play you. They know what is expected and they are trying to fulfill those expectations. People have a vested interest in NOT playing them.

Just like Georgia in 2005 right?

Oraclepz
12-07-2009, 11:11 AM
No BCS teams will be harmed in the making of this game.

At first I was pretty pissed. This is just a convenient way to deal with 2 BCS busters without risking embarrassment toward the BCS system as a whole.

But the more I think about it, TCU is pretty much BSU's closest thing to a rival. And TCU is undoubtedly a for-real team. Whoever wins this game will have a legitimate argument for starting next season ranked in the top 5.

My prediction is that TCU might win the turnover and the time of possession battle, but Boise State's big play capability will keep this game close and eventually win them the game.

TCU 24
BSU 31

You know to be honest i was extremely pissed too. First thing that popped into my head was exactly what you said. This game saves any BCS embarrasment. BCS is a piece of Crap. They know these two teams could compete with anyone. My condolences.:(

Rafiki
12-07-2009, 03:21 PM
And moving up conferences isn't going to happen; you'll never be in the superior Mountain West Conference as your school (which you, like most BSU fans, probably never attended) is a glorified truck driving school. Your schedule is weak. You have one good win this year; one.
You've been a BSU fan since about 2002 or so. Just admit it. You probably went to Idaho State or UI, heck, probably just went to CSI, and jumped on the bandwagon as BSU rose to prominence by beating up on WAC weaklings.

I've been a BSU fan since 1998. My brother is an alumnus, but since I don't live there I am not.

The Mountain West has 1! win against BSU and that was TCU last year. The last two meetings between BYU were both BSU victories, and BSU blew out Utah in 2005. But yeah, they're REAL superior.

In fact, the Mountain West will need Boise State to get an AQ in 2012.

Like I said, hate on. I'm guessing you're a BYU fan by that loser in your avatar. My condolences on getting exposed by a lackluster FSU this year.

Rafiki
12-07-2009, 03:24 PM
In the haste of you ranting about how people want to "dodge" BJC, you fail to list the key reason why nobody is putting them on their schedules.
Your AD wants 1:1 (home and home) only. No 2:1s, no 1 and dones, but home and homes.
Let's look at that. I've been to your "stadium"; it seats around 30K, and its in Boise, flippin Idaho. As a consequence, BJC can't offer a high enough guarantee, nor does it possess the clout to demand home and homes.
The revenue isn't there. BJC doesn't have the resources to be in a position to make demands for games. So, until your AD lets up on his ultimatum, your schedule will continue to be peppered with I-AA and MAC teams.
The one and done with VA Tech next season is a nice start, but you're going to need more of those until BJC's stadium gets about 20-30K more seats before BJC can start demanding "home and homes".

Why can BYU get someone like Florida State in a one and one? The stadium seats over 60K and a high guarantee can be offered.

I get so tired of the BJC "persecuted" act, and I laugh at the idea of Boise beating TCU.
Really? Boise St....the same team that got gashed by Ryan Mathews and Fresno State?

Hah.

No, you're wrong. The AD will do a 1 and done at any BCS schools home turf in 2011. ESPN is even trying to help get this done. 10 schools have been asked so far, and all have turned BSU down. They don't want to risk a loss.

I look forward to this game and hope you'll be eating some crow. Then again, if TCU loses I doubt you'll show up in this thread again.

Rafiki
12-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Just like Georgia in 2005 right?

BSU 2009 > BSU 2005

From the top down.

Oraclepz
12-07-2009, 04:51 PM

Hah.

Actually you better do research before you post things you think you know.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-boise110709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

CedarPhin
12-07-2009, 07:21 PM
TCU is going to win by about 17. Their defense is too strong for Boise's offense, and I really haven't been impressed with Boise that much this year, to be honest.

JohnBeckHOF
12-07-2009, 07:21 PM
I've been a BSU fan since 1998. My brother is an alumnus, but since I don't live there I am not.
So you're a bandwagoner. I get it. 1998; the year Boise started getting good. Just like about 3/4s of the other bandwagon jumpers who fill Bronco Stadium on Saturdays. Had dUI been in Boise's position, you'd probably have silver and gold colors instead of orange and blue ones in your signature.

The Mountain West has 1! win against BSU and that was TCU last year. The last two meetings between BYU were both BSU victories, and BSU blew out Utah in 2005. But yeah, they're REAL superior.
BYU was down both years BSU beat them, including the year they needed a missed FG on the Smurfturf to win. Utah was a mediocre team. Last year, Boise played TCU, a good team, and lost.

In fact, the Mountain West will need Boise State to get an AQ in 2012.
It would take more than just Boise St. to get AQ status. They'd likely have to go to 12.

Like I said, hate on. I'm guessing you're a BYU fan by that loser in your avatar. My condolences on getting exposed by a lackluster FSU this year.
Boise's an inferior team. Where's your hero Zabransky now anyway? Picking potatoes back in Oregon?
FSU may have won, but that's going to look like a close game compared to what TCU will do to Boise in Phoenix.

When Boise St. was fighting it out in the Big Sky with Montana, Eastern Washington, and the like, BYU was contending for national championships, and winning one.

COphinphan89
12-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Actually you better do research before you post things you think you know.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-boise110709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

From what I've heard/read, Boise has been turned down by those programs because they're asking for way too much in return. I'd like, no scratch that...LOVE to see UF replace friggin FAU with BSU in 2011, but if they don't lower their asking price to somewhere around the level of USF's, Jeremy Foley won't touch them.

JohnBeckHOF
12-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Boise needs to realize it isn't exactly USC.

Rafiki
12-07-2009, 10:15 PM
So you're a bandwagoner. I get it. 1998; the year Boise started getting good. Just like about 3/4s of the other bandwagon jumpers who fill Bronco Stadium on Saturdays. Had dUI been in Boise's position, you'd probably have silver and gold colors instead of orange and blue ones in your signature.

BYU was down both years BSU beat them, including the year they needed a missed FG on the Smurfturf to win. Utah was a mediocre team. Last year, Boise played TCU, a good team, and lost.

It would take more than just Boise St. to get AQ status. They'd likely have to go to 12.

Boise's an inferior team. Where's your hero Zabransky now anyway? Picking potatoes back in Oregon?
FSU may have won, but that's going to look like a close game compared to what TCU will do to Boise in Phoenix.

When Boise St. was fighting it out in the Big Sky with Montana, Eastern Washington, and the like, BYU was contending for national championships, and winning one.

Bandwagoner? Dude that was the first year I actually started following college football and they barely had a winning record. Boise represents me, so I represent them. I didn't switch from another team.

And I love all the excuses about being on "down years" when Boise State beats you. It's good to rationalize things when the result doesn't match the bravado.

Against the MWC, Boise State has beaten: (Utah in 98, 99, 06; Wyoming in 02, 06, 07; BYU in 03, 04; and TCU in 03. The only victory for your conference was last year against TCU in a bowl game, that we could have won.

To be honest, I think you're just jealous. BYU and Boise State has a series coming up, and we'll see who is the better team then. Hopefully it won't be on a "down year." :lol:

Maybe your attitude will change if we win more of those games, but I doubt it.

Rafiki
12-07-2009, 10:19 PM
From what I've heard/read, Boise has been turned down by those programs because they're asking for way too much in return. I'd like, no scratch that...LOVE to see UF replace friggin FAU with BSU in 2011, but if they don't lower their asking price to somewhere around the level of USF's, Jeremy Foley won't touch them.

As far as I know but not confirmed by me, ESPN is looking to put up some of the money as long as it gets the game going.

Rafiki
12-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Interesting NCAA Rankings

Total Defense: TCU 1, BSU 13
Total Offense: TCU 4, BSU 8
Scoring Offense: TCU 4, BSU 1
Passing Efficiency: TCU 3, BSU 2
Turnover Ratio: TCU 46, BSU 8
Redzone Offense: TCU 39T, BSU 39T

JohnBeckHOF
12-08-2009, 05:02 AM
And I love all the excuses about being on "down years" when Boise State beats you. It's good to rationalize things when the result doesn't match the bravado.
They were down years. BYU was 4-8 in 2003 and 5-6 in 2004. Boise was 13-1 in 2003, and 11-1 in 2004. You're right; 2 similar teams in those years. Must be BJC logic.

To be honest, I think you're just jealous. BYU and Boise State has a series coming up, and we'll see who is the better team then. Hopefully it won't be on a "down year." :lol:
What exactly would I be jealous over? The piddly 30K stadium with blue turf? The multiple WAC titles? The lack of a NC?
I don't know what will happen in the future; Bronco is building up a good program, though, with values instilled in the boys as well.

Maybe your attitude will change if we win more of those games, but I doubt it.
If we caught BJC on a 4-8 season when we were 13-1 and clubbed you like baby seals, I wonder if you'd have the same bravado.

Rafiki
12-08-2009, 02:14 PM
If we caught BJC on a 4-8 season when we were 13-1 and clubbed you like baby seals, I wonder if you'd have the same bravado.

It's possible, but probably not while we're in the WAC. Maybe you should lobby your AD to ensure that BSU has a losing season by letting them in the MWC. :chuckle:

Oh but I forgot. They're inferior! BSU must remain unbeaten in 80% of their WAC seasons just to show them how much they suck.

JohnBeckHOF
12-08-2009, 02:53 PM
It's possible, but probably not while we're in the WAC. Maybe you should lobby your AD to ensure that BSU has a losing season by letting them in the MWC. :chuckle:

Oh but I forgot. They're inferior! BSU must remain unbeaten in 80% of their WAC seasons just to show them how much they suck.
Beating up on the Idahos, San Jose States, Utah States, and New Mexico States of the world doesn't exactly scream greatness, does it?

An undefeated MWC team will always finish ahead of an undefeated WAC team.

Rafiki
12-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Beating up on the Idahos, San Jose States, Utah States, and New Mexico States of the world doesn't exactly scream greatness, does it?

An undefeated MWC team will always finish ahead of an undefeated WAC team.

Undefeated teams, no matter what conference they're in, get respect. Remember Ball State last year? They were undefeated until the championship game.

I can't remember the last time a Sun Belt or MAC team went undefeated a whole year, including conference championships. I think domination of a conference says a lot about a program. In BSU's case, it says, "we deserve a better conference."

BCS talking heads agree, Boise fans agree, but some MWC fans say "no way."

Do you really think adding BSU would make the mountain west conference weaker, since they're "inferior"?

JohnBeckHOF
12-08-2009, 03:08 PM
It's pointless to add Boise at this point, because on their own, they alone aren't going to get the MWC to AQ status.The only way the MWC gets AQ status is if it goes to 12; with Boise, Fresno, and maybe Houston or Nevada, and a CCG.

Rafiki
12-08-2009, 03:13 PM
It's pointless to add Boise at this point, because on their own, they alone aren't going to get the MWC to AQ status.The only way the MWC gets AQ status is if it goes to 12; with Boise, Fresno, and maybe Houston or Nevada, and a CCG.

This is true and echoed a lot in MWC forums and BSU forums. But regardless, BSU would add credibility to the MWC because of BCS rankings and wins. They aren't perceived as inferior to the MWC teams by anyone except maybe MWC fans.

COphinphan89
12-08-2009, 06:06 PM
I know we hear this every year and almost nothing ever comes of it, but what if either team in the Segregation Bowl wins in dominating fashion and the title game is an ugly struggle? We all know how much the AP loves the BCS.

WVDolphan
12-09-2009, 01:57 AM

Didnt they already defeat a team this year that won one of the so called major conferences and is playing in another BCS game?

If any conferences are a joke its the Big 11, where SSSSLLLLOOOWWWness is key, the Pac-10 where they cant even spell defense, or the ACC who's best teams prove they cant even touch mediocre teams from the SEC. The ACC is more or less JV-SEC.

WVDolphan
12-09-2009, 01:59 AM

:lol: ****ing classic. Great line. Great post.

WVDolphan
12-09-2009, 02:07 AM
Personally, I wouldve liked to have seen TCU get a shot at Florida, Boise destroy Ga. Tech or Iowa, and Cinci play the other. Actually, I wouldve rather Boise get Ohio St. and destroy them, but what can you do.

TCU beats Boise IMHO.

kpcane
12-09-2009, 09:47 PM
It's true that BSU plays in an inferior conference, they'd change if they could, but their domination of that conference over the last decade has been undeniable. They've gone undefeated in 4 of the last 6 seasons.

Before entering the FBS, they won the Division 1 National Championship (1980), and before that, they won the JUCO National Championship (1958). In 2007 they got their first BCS win, and they're ready to try for another and another until they get a shot at the national title. It's destiny, I tell you!

Why do I always end up defending Boise states worthiness instead of actually talking about the game? It's becoming repetitive.

Coach Petersen will have the Broncos ready for TCU. Hopefully this year our kicker can kick the game winner.

First, I doubt Boise would be so willing to go to Miami as you claim. I'm sure that would be a last option for them, asssuming we had an opening in our schedule.

Secondly, no one is saying that Boise isn't good. They are good. Good enough to be competitive in a BCS conference, I'm sure. But the facts are the facts in regards to their schedule. They simply don't deserve to be where they are. If football had an RPI, Boise would be near the bottom.

kpcane
12-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Personally, I wouldve liked to have seen TCU get a shot at Florida, Boise destroy Ga. Tech or Iowa, and Cinci play the other. Actually, I wouldve rather Boise get Ohio St. and destroy them, but what can you do.

TCU beats Boise IMHO.

Georgia Tech is gonna kill Iowa. And they would've killed TCU or Boise. Florida and Ohio State are the only BCS guys that could challenge Ga Tech (outside the top 2).

TedSlimmJr
12-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Georgia Tech is gonna kill Iowa. And they would've killed TCU or Boise. Florida and Ohio State are the only BCS guys that could challenge Ga Tech (outside the top 2).

I don't know if Ohio St. could hang with GT....

Navy whipped Ohio St. up and down the field for 4 quarters with that option and was a 2 point conversion from probably winning that game...

GT runs it better and with better athletes....with better athletes on defense as well...

WVDolphan
12-09-2009, 10:29 PM

Yea right. Ga Tech ****ing blows. Thats why they got beaten down by Georgia. They may kill Iowa, but Iowa blows too.

Ohio St. is garbage. Oregon is going to destroy them. TCU and Boise are both better than Ohio st., Iowa, and Ga Tech.

kpcane
12-09-2009, 11:12 PM
I don't know if Ohio St. could hang with GT....

Navy whipped Ohio St. up and down the field for 4 quarters with that option and was a 2 point conversion from probably winning that game...

GT runs it better and with better athletes....with better athletes on defense as well...

I'd bet on Ga Tech too, but I think Ohio St. could at least hang with them, and at least have a chance against them. Unlike those other teams.

kpcane
12-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Yea right. Ga Tech ****ing blows. Thats why they got beaten down by Georgia. They may kill Iowa, but Iowa blows too.

Ohio St. is garbage. Oregon is going to destroy them. TCU and Boise are both better than Ohio st., Iowa, and Ga Tech.

Usually when a team loses by less than a TD it's not considered a beat down. TCU and Boise would both lose to Ga Tech, and it wouldn't be close. You don't really understand the offense they run if you disagree with that. You need to have 11 guys on defense to beat that team, and those teams don't have players of that caliber. Or else they wouldn't be there.....
Look at the two teams that beat them this year - Miami and Georgia. Two places that have never been turned down for Boise or TCU.

Rafiki
12-10-2009, 12:53 AM
First, I doubt Boise would be so willing to go to Miami as you claim. I'm sure that would be a last option for them, asssuming we had an opening in our schedule.

Secondly, no one is saying that Boise isn't good. They are good. Good enough to be competitive in a BCS conference, I'm sure. But the facts are the facts in regards to their schedule. They simply don't deserve to be where they are. If football had an RPI, Boise would be near the bottom.

According to the athletic director they'll visit any BCS team on September 3, 2011. If you look there's still a lot of teams who have that date open.

Miami (FL) currently has 4 ooc conference games already scheduled. Alabama is available. Clemson is available. VT is available. Florida is not available. etc etc.

http://www.fbschedules.com/

Rafiki
12-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Here's a decent article:

Fiesta Bowl Fiasco: Conspiracy, Competition, or Just Plain Cheap?

That means that, while Georgia Tech and the ACC will take home $18.3 million from the Orange Bowl, Oregon and the Pac Ten will take home $18.3 million from the Rose Bowl, and Cincinnati and the Big East will walk away from the Sugar Bowl with $18.3 million; Boise and the WAC and TCU and the MWC, will split $23.8 million among all of the non-AQ conferences.http://bleacherreport.com/articles/304720-the-fiesta-fiasco-conspiracy-competition-or-just-plain-cheap

kpcane
12-10-2009, 01:14 AM
According to the athletic director they'll visit any BCS team on September 3, 2011. If you look there's still a lot of teams who have that date open.

Miami (FL) currently has 4 ooc conference games already scheduled. Alabama is available. Clemson is available. VT is available. Florida is not available. etc etc.

http://www.fbschedules.com/

It takes years to put together a decent schedule. You guys should have already filled your big game 2011 opponents already. If you want to schedule big programs, you have to do it years in advance. You can't complain when you're asking for a big game in a year or two.

Rafiki
12-10-2009, 01:19 AM
It takes years to put together a decent schedule. You guys should have already filled your big game 2011 opponents already. If you want to schedule big programs, you have to do it years in advance. You can't complain when you're asking for a big game in a year or two.

Did you look at the link at all? This is Boise State's last available date in 2011. A lot of the schools have only scheduled one or two ooc's.

Rafiki
12-10-2009, 01:21 AM
From the Fiesta Bowl Press conference:

Q. John, can you talk about the reasoning behind putting these two teams together?
MR. JOHN JUNKER: I think our first position was to begin with we wanted the highest ranked team possible, but one that filled some other requirements. We were interested in the great job done at the University of Cincinnati this year, but candidly a team more from our region would make our game more accessible to fans, so TCU was an easy choice in that regard.

They've been at the top of the polls for the last month. It's a great program, they've grown in reputation, and many people felt nationally that they were a candidate to play in a national championship game. So knowing that we could get a regional team to do that, they were our first selection because it's important that our game be followed avidly and supported by many fans.

Following that we went through the selection process and it became evident that Boise State would be the next selection based on availability but also the tremendous job that Coach Petersen and his staff have done, the great season, undefeated season, and I'm not sure this has been followed very well, but this is only the 20th time in the history of bowl games that two undefeated teams have met in a bowl game, out of the hundreds of thousands of bowl games.

To us this is an incredible attraction and I think it's been borne out by our research of Fox Television and other people's opinions we have sought out in the quality of the match up. Anybody who says these teams should be playing a bigger conference is clearly doing a disservice to the quality of these teams. They are credible all the way, they belong, and we think it's a game that's going to have a tremendous amount of attention across the country.

It's also one candidly we're happy to host because of the quality of the programs, the quality of the players and the coaches. They do things right. We're excited about that and looking forward to hosting them in our community.http://gofrogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120809aaa.html

kpcane
12-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Did you look at the link at all? This is Boise State's last available date in 2011. A lot of the schools have only scheduled one or two ooc's.

Yeah, but they still haven't really scheduled any good opponents. Next year we're playing Ohio State, and that's been set for 5 years or so. The last ooc opponents should be the easiest ones to get, not the hardest.

Rafiki
12-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Here's some highlights from both teams via YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGTk4teBsh0 TCU 2009 Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrWYylsfKPU Boise State 2009 Highlights

Disclaimer: You may want to mute sound for both.

What a great regular season for both teams. I'm a bit worried because #2 A. Pettis for BSU might miss the Fiesta Bowl.

Oraclepz
12-18-2009, 12:54 PM

actually your right but the thing about college basketball that a conference champs from a sucky conf. can still have a shot to prove its self.. which is what makes college bball so exciting. IF college basketball had a BCS type system we would of never seen great underdog teams like the George Masons, Butlers, Southern Illinois, Davidsons. Im sure there are plenty of other teams im missing.

I like to compare Boise St. to a Gonzaga in college basketball. Kinda of a crappy conference but they could compete with any one. Sucks for College football that we have a BCS system. It makes football less exciting.

kpcane
12-18-2009, 07:10 PM
actually your right but the thing about college basketball that a conference champs from a sucky conf. can still have a shot to prove its self.. which is what makes college bball so exciting. IF college basketball had a BCS type system we would of never seen great underdog teams like the George Masons, Butlers, Southern Illinois, Davidsons. Im sure there are plenty of other teams im missing.

I like to compare Boise St. to a Gonzaga in college basketball. Kinda of a crappy conference but they could compete with any one. Sucks for College football that we have a BCS system. It makes football less exciting.

Well no doubt, if we had a playoff system, Boise would be involved. But if NCAA basketball only had one championship game with no tournament, we wouldn't be seeing the George Mason's of the world either. We had talked about this before, and I think the only mid major to win the NCAA tourney was UNLV.

Oraclepz
12-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Well no doubt, if we had a playoff system, Boise would be involved. But if NCAA basketball only had one championship game with no tournament, we wouldn't be seeing the George Mason's of the world either. We had talked about this before, and I think the only mid major to win the NCAA tourney was UNLV.

yeah i mean it doesnt matter if they dont win the whole thing... but at least they are playing for something. Theyre not playing some meaning less bowl game.

Joe from WY
12-26-2009, 10:36 PM
wares rafaki?...lol

Fresno State will win handily.

FSU 34
WY 14

eetn sum kro fellr?...lol

Awsi Dooger
12-27-2009, 03:11 AM
Boise plus the points fits my devastating bowl game system: Bet the underdog if it was rated higher than the favorite during preseason by The Sporting News.

Barely a loser the past few years. And 2-0 starting out so far this year, Utah over Cal and North Carolina (narrowly) covering against Pitt today.

The remaining games are FSU over West Virginia, Boise State over TCU, and Texas over Alabama.

Rafiki
12-27-2009, 01:09 PM
wares rafaki?...lol

eetn sum kro fellr?...lol

Yeah Fresno State is a disappointment.

lol

Rafiki
12-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Watch for this guy:

#17 Winston Venable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2bdtrmwyFI

Mako
12-30-2009, 09:36 PM
No offense to the Boise State fans, but I think TCU beats them.

Defensively, they can and will shut Boise's offense down. I think they have enough offense, with the underrated Andy Dalton leading the way, to put enough on the board to beat the Broncos.

Rafiki
12-31-2009, 02:01 PM
No offense to the Boise State fans, but I think TCU beats them.

Defensively, they can and will shut Boise's offense down. I think they have enough offense, with the underrated Andy Dalton leading the way, to put enough on the board to beat the Broncos.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

A better way to look at this is to compare the teams from the last time they played.

Boise has gotten better on both sides of the ball, while TCU has gotten better offensively, but defensively they've regressed a bit from last year's unit. Then again BSU has lost like 7 starters due to injury and TCU is perfectly healthy for this game.

I still think it will be close, but BSU's big plays will win the day. (Like I would have changed my mind)

Rafiki
01-05-2010, 11:41 AM

EAT SOME CROW, HATER!! :lol:

C-HUCKS
01-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Who is to say say that Boise St couldn't beat the winner of the Over Hyped bowl that is Alabama vs Texas. I have not been overly impressed with either team this year. Alabama was a blocked field goal away from losing to Tenn and Texas almost lost to Nebraska, who was not that great of team. Who knows maybe the Broncos could beat a Texas or Alabama on a neutral field. The BCS is a joke we need a playoff sytem ASAP. I hope the law get passed where they cant call it a National Championship game unless it is the result of a playoff. The current system is a joke!

TedSlimmJr
01-06-2010, 12:53 AM
I'm convinced....Boise is a ****ing beast..:lol:

Please keep that monster far away from my Tide...

Seriously though...I've lobbied for a playoff for years....let the teams play and settle it that way...

But Boise would get blown out of the stadium if it was Florida or Alabama....so would TCU...

The only two measuring stick games for Boise are Oregon and TCU...and if either of those games were any indication.....Boise can stake claim to the 3rd best team in the country....that's about it IMO...

C-HUCKS
01-06-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm convinced....Boise is a ****ing beast..:lol:

Please keep that monster far away from my Tide...

Seriously though...I've lobbied for a playoff for years....let the teams play and settle it that way...

But Boise would get blown out of the stadium if it was Florida or Alabama....so would TCU...

The only two measuring stick games for Boise are Oregon and TCU...and if either of those games were any indication.....Boise can stake claim to the 3rd best team in the country....that's about it IMO...

Alabama would blow out Boise St out the same way they blew out Tenn and Auburn. And Texas would blow out TCU the same way they blew out Nebraska. I call thursdays game the overhyped bowl because both Texas and Alabama are overrated and they and there is no way they are two best teams in the country.. Alabama got lucky and beat a flat Florida team playing with out their best defensive player, and really who has Texas beat that is going to finish in the top ten. There are a lot of good teams in college football this year , but really no dominent team this year. Boise St is a lot tougher team than Tennessee or Auburn who Alabama struggled to beat. I would take Boise on a neutral field to upset the overrated Bama

TedSlimmJr
01-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Alabama would blow out Boise St out the same way they blew out Tenn and Auburn. And Texas would blow out TCU the same way they blew out Nebraska. I call thursdays game the overhyped bowl because both Texas and Alabama are overrated and they and there is no way they are two best teams in the country.. Alabama got lucky and beat a flat Florida team playing with out their best defensive player, and really who has Texas beat that is going to finish in the top ten. There are a lot of good teams in college football this year , but really no dominent team this year. Boise St is a lot tougher team than Tennessee or Auburn who Alabama struggled to beat. I would take Boise on a neutral field to upset the overrated Bama

Kinda like how Boise struggled to beat Tulsa....:lol:

And UC Davis....:lol:

Alabama beat 9 bowl teams this year....

Florida wasn't flat....they just got out coached and out executed....

They got out coached and out executed by Bama for 3 quarters in the SEC CG last year...Bama just didn't have the talent to finish them off...

You might as well say that Utah got lucky to beat a flat Bama team last year in the Sugar Bowl after their best offensive player was suspended and had to miss the game (Andre Smith) if you're going to use that logic..

I think Nebraska would beat Boise or TCU.....

If you couldn't see that NEITHER of those teams in the Fiesta Bowl are anywhere near the caliber of Florida or Bama you need help son...

There's at least 15 teams that would go undefeated with Boise's schedule.....every year...

Boise isn't going undefeated with Bama, Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Penn St., etc...schedule...

Rafiki
01-06-2010, 04:02 PM
BSU probably wouldn't go undefeated in the SEC; but then again, they wouldn't have to be undefeated to get to a BCS game.

C-HUCKS
01-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Kinda like how Boise struggled to beat Tulsa....:lol:

And UC Davis....:lol:

Alabama beat 9 bowl teams this year....

Florida wasn't flat....they just got out coached and out executed....

They got out coached and out executed by Bama for 3 quarters in the SEC CG last year...Bama just didn't have the talent to finish them off...

You might as well say that Utah got lucky to beat a flat Bama team last year in the Sugar Bowl after their best offensive player was suspended and had to miss the game (Andre Smith) if you're going to use that logic..

I think Nebraska would beat Boise or TCU.....

If you couldn't see that NEITHER of those teams in the Fiesta Bowl are anywhere near the caliber of Florida or Bama you need help son...

There's at least 15 teams that would go undefeated with Boise's schedule.....every year...

Boise isn't going undefeated with Bama, Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Penn St., etc...schedule...

All I am saying is that there has not been one overly impressive team this year. There are a alot of good college football teams this year however there is not dominent team this season. Florida was a huge disappointment, they had all there starters back however at times their offense struggled. Texas, has been okay yet they really have not even beaten a team that will finish ranked in the top ten, unless they beat Alabama. Bama has looked great in some games yet some games against weaker oppents they have struggled. Even if Bama does beat Texas, I dont think they are the best team in the country, and there is no way that if there was a 16 team playoff that they BAMA would win the tournament. I think they are OVERRATED!

TedSlimmJr
01-06-2010, 05:08 PM
All I am saying is that there has not been one overly impressive team this year. There are a alot of good college football teams this year however there is not dominent team this season. Florida was a huge disappointment, they had all there starters back however at times their offense struggled. Texas, has been okay yet they really have not even beaten a team that will finish ranked in the top ten, unless they beat Alabama. Bama has looked great in some games yet some games against weaker oppents they have struggled. Even if Bama does beat Texas, I dont think they are the best team in the country, and there is no way that if there was a 16 team playoff that they BAMA would win the tournament. I think they are OVERRATED!

This is sounding more and more like sour grapes to me...Boise's own players even said they don't think they're the best team in the country...

Alabama is BUILT to win in a playoff type scenario....

Let's move on....who would you consider a "dominant' college football team since the BCS system arrived?

Statistically, Bama is as balanced and "dominant" of a team as there's been...

C-HUCKS
01-06-2010, 07:21 PM
I am not a Boise St fan at all. However i do feel too much credit is being given to Alabama this year, we will see after the game tomorrow night!

chrisbaucom
01-06-2010, 07:23 PM
There are 3 dominant teams...LSU, Florida, and USC.

If Alabama wins tomorrow night, they will quickly become #4, because they show no signs of letting up. The scariest part of all of this is that Saban is in only his 3rd year. He is winning with a bunch of Mike Shula's guys. They are only going to get better, which is not good for the rest of us.

Florida was not flat in the SEC Championship Game.....they got their butts kicked.

chrisbaucom
01-06-2010, 07:26 PM
I am not a Boise St fan at all. However i do feel too much credit is being given to Alabama this year, we will see after the game tomorrow night!

I'm not trying to start a fight, but how is Alabama being given too much credit? They ran the table in the SEC and beat the defending National Champs.

Rafiki
01-09-2010, 05:47 PM
My LAST post in this thread. Just wanted to link this highlight reel of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VbCZIcBGB0

And for once I approve of the music.