PDA

View Full Version : Needs for next year

RunRickyRun3434
12-07-2009, 08:21 PM
The way I see it, the fins need a WR!!!!!!!

I like bess a lot, but he's not a #1. I love him as a slot receiver.

I would take someone like dez bryant or briscoe. Or Boldin, if there's any chance of signing him. I think Golden Tate could be an absolute steal in the 2nd or 3rd round.

As far as DB's, I think Sean Smith and Vonte Davis have quite a future

houtz
12-08-2009, 10:23 AM
We will sign Antonio Bryant in free agency so we won't have a big wr need in the draft. Is say mlb.olb.dt and then lots of depth.

Clipse
12-08-2009, 11:09 AM
As houtz said, go ahead and pencil Antonio Bryant in as a Phin. This draft class is not a good one for WR's. We need to load up on defensive talent. Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, AJ Green, Terrence Tolliver, Demaryius Thomas. Those are possible names that could come out next draft. That's where we need to look for a WR. Not this draft that's full of defensive talent and minimum WR talent.

CJGoCanes
12-08-2009, 11:15 AM
I too think Antonio Bryant would be a good addition, when healthy, and we need to concentrate on defensive players in this draft. I was just wondering why everyone is so confident we will sign Bryant?

Kdawg954
12-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Antonio Bryant would be a hell of an addition. No need to go WR at all with his addition.

Honestly I think it would CURE our WR woes, which IMO have been overblown. With Bryant, Ginn, Bess, Hartline, Camarillo and Turner . . . I think we are fine at WR.

U give Henne a #1 (Bryant), a speedster (Ginn), and expert slot guy (Bess), a dependable guy (Camarillo), a young complete WR (Hartline) and a big body (Turner).

The bigger key all year as been the inconsistent TE play . . . I would like to keep Fasano for a decent deal . . . but we still may need another TE . . . what happened to the kid that caught the TD against Tampa/Carolina.

houtz
12-08-2009, 01:49 PM
It depends entirely on which Fasano we see. He's been playing lights out these last two games. If he can continue to play that way then he needs to be resigned and then we might not even have to look TE with Sperry and Haynos.

I think if you get Bryant which I'm pretty much chalking in then you have one of the better WR cores in the NFL. Honestly. Hartline has been ****ing amazing. Bess is one of the best slot receivers in the game and he's only going to get better. Turner is a big body which IMO will eventually become a solid WR. Camarillo is clutch and Ginn has surprisingly become a better player.

I think you sign Bess to a solid NFL contract. Ginn's contract isn't up so keep him here in Miami unless you get an offer you can't refuse. Camarillo may be trade bait with the same WR in Hartline.

Bryant NEEDS to be signed. Hell, if Wilfork hits Free Agency I think he's another player that HAS to be signed.

Then you draft BPA in the draft. If someone like Tate or Rejus Benn falls to you in the second you don't pass them up.

Clipse
12-08-2009, 02:44 PM
I too think Antonio Bryant would be a good addition, when healthy, and we need to concentrate on defensive players in this draft. I was just wondering why everyone is so confident we will sign Bryant?
He won't be back in Tampa. Him and Parcells are friends and text each other all the time according to him. Just seems like Bryant will be a dolphin next year.

Clipse
12-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Antonio Bryant would be a hell of an addition. No need to go WR at all with his addition.

Honestly I think it would CURE our WR woes, which IMO have been overblown. With Bryant, Ginn, Bess, Hartline, Camarillo and Turner . . . I think we are fine at WR.

U give Henne a #1 (Bryant), a speedster (Ginn), and expert slot guy (Bess), a dependable guy (Camarillo), a young complete WR (Hartline) and a big body (Turner).

The bigger key all year as been the inconsistent TE play . . . I would like to keep Fasano for a decent deal . . . but we still may need another TE . . . what happened to the kid that caught the TD against Tampa/Carolina.
Or get rid of Ginn. And sign another good FA like a Jason Avant (one of my faves), Kevin Walter, Steve Breaston, Miles Austin (probably resigned), Malcolm Floyd (Also probably resigned), Domenik Hixon (great PR), Lance Moore, Chris Henry. Hell, bring back Chambers too (homer). I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a WR or two in later rounds also. But for our WR of the future, it will have to come in next draft, where it could be a great WR class.

As for TE, I'm not losing hope in Fasano just yet. He was great for us last year, and the last 2 weeks he's starting to show signs of last years play. That being said, I really want Jimmy Graham or Dennis Pitta who should be available rounds 3-4. But we have to keep Fasano around regardless, he's one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL, Haynos is a very good blocker also. No idea what happened to Kory Sperry (TE who caught TD vs. Bucs.)

ricky 2 ginn td
12-08-2009, 03:19 PM
WR and stadium

clbrazee
12-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Here's the moves I like for the offseason.

FAs:
Wilfork
Marshall or Edwards
3rd String QB (if we don't keep White or Thigpen)

Draft by round:
1 Best OLB
2 WR Decker MN (if we don't sign a FA WR) or Best ILB
2 Best ILB (Trade Porter for a 2nd rnd pick)
3 Best TE
4 RB - Replacement for Ronnie or Rickie
6 S/CB - Best available
7 RB - small, return punts, change of pace

Roman529
12-08-2009, 09:18 PM
As mentioned by the R&R Express above,,,,Dennis Pitta of BYU is a hell of a wide receiver. He has really good hands and is around 6'5" 245. I think he can be our Witten/Dallas Clark. I would still keep Fasano around.....I am not sure about Haynos?, but I guess it depends how many TE's we keep next year.

I think the really good WR's like Bryant, Tate, Gilyard will likely be first rounders and I am not sure if Parcells would grab one of these guys who try to pick up a #1 WR through free agency....the 2011 draft should have lots of WR's, but hopefully we can get some top guys next year.

Gonzo
12-08-2009, 09:24 PM
We need a WR?

BessIsABeast
12-09-2009, 07:24 PM
If we're talking TE's which I think is a viable need for next year...I really like Ed Dickson out of Oregon. He's only a junior but he's very athletic and a good pass catcher. Also you know that he needs to be able to block both on the line and in space for that Oregon offense.

drdan
12-09-2009, 08:10 PM
NT, ILB, OLB, OL, RB and TE

3rdandinches
12-09-2009, 10:25 PM
My Draft Priorities depending on FA though (round)

1. ILB - (1)McClain, (1)Spikes, (2)Johnson, (3)Pawelek
2. OLB x 2 - (1)Hughes, (2)Miller, (2)Kindle, (2)Graham, (3)Sapp, (3)Shofield
3. NT - (1)Cody, (1)Williams, (3)Ross, (5)Granger,
4. FS - (2)Burnett, (2)Lewis
5. WR - (1)Bryant, (2)Benn, (2)Tate, (3)Gilyard, (4)Shipley,
6. TE - (1/2)Gresham, (3)Pitta,

That`s my draft order but FA can change it depending on who we sign.

FA - this goes by quality available and need of a veteran over a rookie.

1. NT - Wilfork, Hampton, Watson, Franklin, Pickett
2. ILB - Dansby, Morrison
3. WR - Bryant, Henry, Walter, Floyd, Avant
4. FS - Clark
5. TE - Scheffler
6. OLB - Merriman, Howard

I really think we need vets at NT, WR and ILB. If we get lucky enough to draft McClain aswell then we could have a great ILB combo. To me the rest of the positions can be filled in the draft, our WR`s are so young and NT`s take forever to really become effective unless your willing to draft Cody or Williams in the first.

I`m willing to bet if we finish 17 or later we trade out of the 1st all together because there will be lots of value in the 2nd and picking that late will mean McClain, Bryant etc... will be gone.