PDA

View Full Version : Are Jet Fans stupid, ignorant or racist?

lipss inc.
12-09-2009, 08:52 AM
I'm surprised I haven't seen this topic posted here. I was watching the Jets Patriots game Week 2. When all of a sudden the camera goes to the stands and there's a bunch of fans wearing Mexican sombreros, ponchos and beards and mustaches. This has been an ongoing trend and has not stopped. In my opinion its like getting dressed up in black face. Your thoughts?

JCane
12-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Pretty sure it was in support of Mark Sanchez. It has been well documented that he is proud of his Mexican heritage.

Are Jets fans stupid, ignorant, or racist? Well, yeah, I'm sure they are; but no more so than any other NFL fan base.

batmann
12-09-2009, 09:04 AM
all of the above, at the same time.

stupidnorantist

....add fat and ugly to that as well

nyjunc
12-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Oh boy:crazy:

JCane
12-09-2009, 09:22 AM
stupidnorantist

I lol'd.

:lol:

NYinBostonFin
12-09-2009, 09:41 AM
I don't think it's racist to support a minority player. Its pretty clear they were supporting Sanchez.

Way to keep up to date though.

lipss inc.
12-09-2009, 11:37 PM
i think it was ignorant...Mark Sanchez is a third generation American and doesn't even speak Spanish. I never saw a USC fan support him that way. I've never seen a Cowboy fan do that for Romo who happens to be Mexican or a Chief fan do that for Tony Gonzalez who is probably the greatest Mexican American to play in the NFL.