PDA

View Full Version : 5 rounds multiple choices

hooshoops
12-12-2009, 02:43 PM
since i don't see anyway that dez bryant or rolando mcclain make it to the 2nd half of round 1 i'm trying emphasize trying to move on...and while i think dan williams is worth a first rounder i just don't thnk this regime will take a nose that high therefore check out my mock...

thoughts???

1. brandon graham solb/jerry hughes wolb

2. arrelius benn wr/golden tate wr/demarious thomas wr

3. micah johnson ilb/sean lee ilb/montario hardesty rb

4. ed dickson te/anthony dixon rb/ryan matthews rb

5. torrell troup nt/cam thomas nt

Tupac Shakur
12-12-2009, 03:09 PM
hughes
benn
johnson
dickson
thomas

hooshoops
12-12-2009, 04:50 PM
oops...i meant 5 rounds of names not multiple choices

CJGoCanes
12-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Ryan Matthews has a high second round grade

The one difference between Dwyer and Mathews is that Dwyer has better lateral movement and is better at making defenders miss in the hole, though Mathews might be the best back in the nation no one is talking about. He is averaging an FBS-best 151.3 yards per game, and he is very effective using his off arm to stiff-arm defenders, slap or push over-pursuing defenders past him and to regain his balance or launch himself for extra yards while falling.

The biggest knock on Mathews is that he is a liability on third down. He does not show good awareness or get in sound position in pass protection and he struggles to sustain his blocks. We have not seen much of Dwyer as a blocker because of Georgia Tech's triple-option scheme, but Mathews' struggles in that area are the difference between his early-second round grade and Dwyer's late-first round grade.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4724386&name=nfl_draft

hooshoops
12-12-2009, 05:57 PM
wow...i wasn't aware matthews was that highly thought of...i thought 3rd round or so...

still...i'll take anthony dixon

CJGoCanes
12-12-2009, 08:02 PM
wow...i wasn't aware matthews was that highly thought of...i thought 3rd round or so...

still...i'll take anthony dixon

Yeah, not many people talk about him, probably because he plays at Fresno State.

Depending on how many juniors come out, and if he ultimately comes out, I could see him slipping to the 3rd round. He's not great at any one thing like the other RB's, but he's a very good all-around back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8fLyL1yHmg

Something about him tells me he'll be the best overall RB to come out this year (for some reason he reminds me of Clinton Portis) and will be a steal from the mid-2nd round and on

hooshoops
12-12-2009, 08:38 PM
the only thing on tape i think matthews lacks is straight line elite speed but i agree with you... i think he's gonna be a heck of a pro

don't know how much pass pro he's done and how effective he is at it but that's a requirement with this regime...the rbs must pass protect and blitz pickup