PDA

View Full Version : Domino's changes it's recipes

Dolphins7273
12-16-2009, 04:15 PM
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Dispatch/market-dispatches.aspx?post=1460446&_blg=1,1460446

I foresee this being a huge ****up like when Coke tried to change it's recipe.

WVDolphan
12-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Domino's has finally realized their pizza sucks and is attempting to fix it. Good for them.

X-Pacolypse
12-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Domino's has finally realized their pizza sucks and is attempting to fix it. Good for them.

This.

CedarPhin
12-16-2009, 09:30 PM
You know, as awful as Domino's is in the US, they had some awesome pizza over in Beirut.

Findetta
12-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Honestly, I eat pizza everyday. You could offer me a free Dominoes pizza and I'd turn it down.

Bumpus
12-16-2009, 11:16 PM
:lol:
The all new Domino's Pizza ... Now with 80% less suck!

tylerdolphin
12-17-2009, 12:59 AM
Am I the only person that actually likes Dominoes? :lol:

Its not the most amazing thing evar, but its pretty good and gets the job done for me.

CedarPhin
12-17-2009, 01:00 AM
I don't mind it. I can't stand Little Caesars though. Their breadsticks are alright, but LC pizza sucks ***.

Ricky4Life
12-17-2009, 02:02 AM
I don't mind it. I can't stand Little Caesars though. Their breadsticks are alright, but LC pizza sucks ***.

:hi5:

WVDolphan
12-17-2009, 07:48 AM

Crazy bread is the ticket bro.

PhinzN703
12-17-2009, 09:50 AM

LC was my favorite pizza back in the day but there aren't any around here and haven't been for years so I haven't actually had any in over 10 years

X-Pacolypse
12-17-2009, 10:29 PM

Greasy, nasty, and most of the "cheese" falls off before it reaches your mouth.

CedarPhin
12-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Always gives me nasty acid reflux too.

Joe from WY
12-18-2009, 01:33 AM
ther is nooo bettr peetsa thn th peetsa frm red bareon...lol

GoonBoss
12-18-2009, 02:38 AM
lol.

Domino's Pizza sucks.

Nobody ever liked "Achey Breaky Heart", Milli Vanilli, or Vanilla Ice either.

Thats why Domino's is a nationwide chain and a tremendous American success story...Because they suck and nobody likes them.

Domino's Pizza is fine. It's not great, but the delivery system is as streamlined as it gets and they can provide a hot product at a competetive price.

I worked for Dominoes back in the day when they had the 30 minute garuntee.

The menu?

12 inch pizza
16 inch pizza
Coke
Diet Coke

That's it. Want crazy bread? Call Little Ceasers. Want pan pizza? Call Pizza Hut. We don't care. We got canned soda. Want Lieters? Go to the ****ing store.

If you want fresh, hot pizza in 30 minutes from the time the phone is hung up? We got you covered. Man, I never had so much fun as when I was driving for Domino's. It wasn't even like a job. We played Peekabo with the cops who hated us, and we'd take 10 pies out the door at once ..... Lets RIDE! WOOOOO! Too many tips just laying there wanting to be in m pocket!

Me and my silver Chevy Chevette four on the floor and four under the hood baby!

I remember lots of ciggarettes, Jolt Cola, Klondike Bars, and pizza.

CedarPhin
12-18-2009, 03:17 AM
I remember back in Beirut, all of the dudes delivering Domino's drove Vespas.

tylerdolphin
12-18-2009, 11:34 AM
I had the new pizza last night. I know it isnt supposed to be until the 27th, but it was most definitely the new kind. It was pretty good. It has flavoring on the crust and looks a little different.

GoonBoss - Im with you on not understanding the hatred of it. I can get home, open my laptop and click 3 or 4 buttons and have a pizza at my door within 30 minutes (95% of the time). And its not half bad. And cheesy bread is the boss.

MP-Omnis
12-18-2009, 01:27 PM
If you guys want pizza, go to Doughboy's.

Vaark
12-18-2009, 02:43 PM
I grew up on real pizza (round and Sicilian) made by real paisanos, many right off the boat (round and/or Sicilian). Consequently, wherever I've lived, I've sought out such pizzerias wherever possible (not always, espec in SoCal) and have a low tolerance for most any of the crap most corporate chains pass off as "pizza"). The exception to that is Sbarro which does make a decent pizza from their original NYC pizzeria recipes. (Interestingly, it's well-documented in several organized crime books that Sbarro was earning too much unsubstantiated income not to be noticed so "the boys" made him open up a pizzeria to launder the cash flow. The irony is that he did so well that he left "the business" and started expanding and then franchising his pizza empire).

Anyway, if you know what real pizza tastes like, it is still possible to justify the eating of this stuff if a)you understand that it could still be pleasing to the palate although it's not real pizza and/or b) due to whatever circumstances real pizza is not available.. Given this qualifier, if I'm gonna eat pretend-pizza, IMO, the best is Numero Uno which is a chain version of Chicago Deep Dish, and Papa Johns.

CedarPhin
12-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Sbarro isn't too bad. They had one of those in Beirut when I was over there too.

Bumpus
02-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Well, I finally broke down and tried their new recipe.

Ehh, it IS better - but ... Well ... Ummm, that's not saying too much.

Vote Bumpus.

JT-forpresident
02-03-2010, 08:16 PM
You know, as awful as Domino's is in the US, they had some awesome pizza over in Beirut.

in canada, it's really good too ... ( coming from a guy who dislikes pretty much everything food-wise in US territory, except wendy's .... aghhh, wendy's ... )

JT-forpresident
02-03-2010, 08:20 PM
I grew up on real pizza (round and Sicilian) made by real paisanos, many right off the boat (round and/or Sicilian). Consequently, wherever I've lived, I've sought out such pizzerias wherever possible (not always, espec in SoCal) and have a low tolerance for most any of the crap most corporate chains pass off as "pizza"). The exception to that is Sbarro which does make a decent pizza from their original NYC pizzeria recipes. (Interestingly, it's well-documented in several organized crime books that Sbarro was earning too much unsubstantiated income not to be noticed so "the boys" made him open up a pizzeria to launder the cash flow. The irony is that he did so well that he left "the business" and started expanding and then franchising his pizza empire).

Anyway, if you know what real pizza tastes like, it is still possible to justify the eating of this stuff if a)you understand that it could still be pleasing to the palate although it's not real pizza and/or b) due to whatever circumstances real pizza is not available.. Given this qualifier, if I'm gonna eat pretend-pizza, IMO, the best is Numero Uno which is a chain version of Chicago Deep Dish, and Papa Johns.

yeah i agree, there's nothing like italian food ...

in montreal, there are a few italian immigrants who opened their restaurants (a little suspect if you ask me ... ) and their pastas, along with their pizzas, are so god-damn good, you almost jizz in your pants...

i can imagine restaurants in italy must be even better, using fresh ingredients instead of imported crap and modified organisms...

dolfan06
02-03-2010, 08:35 PM
after that video of a dominos employee wiping his butt with a with a towel and wiping off the counter and spitting on a pizza, i'm a little leary of all pizza.

Vaark
02-03-2010, 09:16 PM
yeah i agree, there's nothing like italian food ...

in montreal, there are a few italian immigrants who opened their restaurants (a little suspect if you ask me ... ) and their pastas, along with their pizzas, are so god-damn good, you almost jizz in your pants...

i can imagine restaurants in italy must be even better, using fresh ingredients instead of imported crap and modified organisms...

Actually Montreal has for more than half a century been a NY "franchise." I'm sure if you know where to look, the food there is reliably authentic.

(If you're interested, google "Lilo Galente, Montreal")

eger
02-04-2010, 12:08 PM
The new pizza is just as bad, the crust is doused in butter and just like their old pizza severly undercooked. I shouldn't see any raw dough in the crust. I always have to ask for well done.

Miafan
02-04-2010, 01:07 PM
I tried it the other day, and it was pretty good. I still prefer pizza from the mom and pop shops nearby, but its definitely better than their old recipe.

PhinzN703
02-04-2010, 01:16 PM
after that video of a dominos employee wiping his butt with a with a towel and wiping off the counter and spitting on a pizza, i'm a little leary of all pizza.

That thing probably happens everywhere where you eat outside your home

Farmer
02-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Am I the only person that actually likes Dominoes? :lol:

Its not the most amazing thing evar, but its pretty good and gets the job done for me.

Nope, i actually like it too, the new pizzas are more cheesier it seems though which is good. I mean, its just pizza

fatkirstyalley
02-05-2010, 11:29 AM
I tried their new recipe and hated the garlic crust.....seems like they cut their audience in half with that move....anyone who doesnt like garlic better stay away

arsenal
02-05-2010, 11:37 AM
ima new yorker, born and raised, and love new york pizza... love the little pizza shops near my job that i can get some good regular pizza...

but dominos is a whole different animal... and i love it, i get a pie with pepperoni and buffalo chicken kickers and breadsticks and pig the **** out! and its delicious... its like i can have real pizza or i can have dominos... they have different tastes but both still delicious