PDA

View Full Version : What happened last weekend?

Mr. Titan
11-13-2003, 09:50 AM
I thought the Fins were supposed to be good especially on the road. Was Nashville too intimidating or something? Not to mention the Canes. The Vols came down to their house and beat them. They couldn't even get into the endzone once. The Fins shouldn't have but they got lucky with 20 seconds left in the game. I am truly sorry that we had to end any hopes that either team had of having a decent season. :D :lol:

War Chief
11-13-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Titan
I thought the Fins were supposed to be good especially on the road. Was Nashville too intimidating or something? Not to mention the Canes. The Vols came down to their house and beat them. They couldn't even get into the endzone once. The Fins shouldn't have but they got lucky with 20 seconds left in the game. I am truly sorry that we had to end any hopes that either team had of having a decent season. :D :lol:

The clock has struck 12, and the carriage has turned back into a pumpkin.....a rotten pumpkin. Their O line sucks, their QB's suck, and Whoopi Williams has run out of gas. The Sardines are gonna implode just a bit earlier than usual this year.

Mr. Titan
11-14-2003, 10:42 AM
Warchief, If I were you, I'd be worrying about Cinci this weekend. Your boys are due for a loss and I think that the Bengals are going to be the ones that do it. Yeah we will probably be seeing you in Houston in January. Just be ready to play a real team like we have down here in the AFC South. You wouldn't stand a chance against us or the Colts.

War Chief
11-14-2003, 11:03 AM
Warchief, If I were you, I'd be worrying about Cinci this weekend. Your boys are due for a loss and I think that the Bengals are going to be the ones that do it. Yeah we will probably be seeing you in Houston in January. Just be ready to play a real team like we have down here in the AFC South. You wouldn't stand a chance against us or the Colts.

I have NO worries about Cinci OR the Titans. You guys can't run the ball to save your lives. Steve McNair IS your offense. Try to remember that defensively we are #1 in giveaway/takeaway at +18 and #3 in points allowed at 16.7 per game. We have the highest scoring offense in the league. All in all I feel pretty good about what Vermeil has done with our team. Insofar as Cinci goes, they can't stop the run and are playing 2 rookies at DB this Sunday. I think we will put up another 30-40 points on them and win going away.

Mr. Titan
11-14-2003, 11:17 AM
It is true that the Titans do not have one stellar runner. But between Eddie George, Robert Holcombe, and Chris Brown, the Titans are averaging over 100 yards per game. That sounds like a pretty effective running game to me. The reason that Eddie is having so much trouble getting his YPC up is that teams are still scared of him after the 1999 season. They stack up the line and he has nowhere to go. This is one major reason why the Titans have had so much success passing this year. Eddie can still run and everybody must respect that. Not to mention our defense which is the stingiest against the run in the entire NFL. We are too well balanced of a team for you to have no worries. Everybody knows that we are the better team.

War Chief
11-14-2003, 11:48 AM
It is true that the Titans do not have one stellar runner. But between Eddie George, Robert Holcombe, and Chris Brown, the Titans are averaging over 100 yards per game. That sounds like a pretty effective running game to me. The reason that Eddie is having so much trouble getting his YPC up is that teams are still scared of him after the 1999 season. They stack up the line and he has nowhere to go. This is one major reason why the Titans have had so much success passing this year. Eddie can still run and everybody must respect that. Not to mention our defense which is the stingiest against the run in the entire NFL. We are too well balanced of a team for you to have no worries. Everybody knows that we are the better team.

Who is everybody? It seems the Chiefs are #1 in every power poll in the nation and with good reason. We have the best O line in the league, the best RB in the league, the highest scoring offense in the league, the best special teams in the league, and a decent defense. It isn't luck that we are 9-0 because we can beat teams so many ways. Do I think we will drop a game or 2 this year? Probably. Are there any teams out there that scare me right now? No. There is no team in this league we can't beat so long as we execute and remain focused.

harmonkoz
11-14-2003, 12:10 PM
Chief, you guys may be all that. However much like the Dolphins, you have your own demons to overcome in the postseason.

While Dick Vermeil is a great coach, I am not sure if he is great enough to overcome that habitual postseason choke that Schottenheimer put in place many years ago. Much like the Dolphins, the Queefs are expected to choke in the postseason.

:harm:

Mr. Titan
11-14-2003, 12:19 PM
I have revealed your ignorance about football within these posts. Earlier I mentioned us meeting in the Superbowl intentionally to see if you had any idea what you were talking about. Obviously, you do not. There is no way that we will meet in the SB because we are both in the AFC. So you decided to jump on the KC bandwagon. Good for you. It is too bad that you will never make it to the SB because you have to get past the Titans first. Your OL isn't going to do to much against the best DL in the league and you are going to need more than a decent defense to stop the NFL's top ranked passer who just so happens to be the best scrambling QB(until Vick comes back anyway) in the league. Like I said before, we are well balanced and you are not. I just love bandwagon jumpers.

Mr. Titan
11-14-2003, 12:25 PM
And by the way Warchief, Why must you quote my entire post everytime? What is the point? All it does is make your posts unneccesarily long.

War Chief
11-14-2003, 12:29 PM
I have revealed your ignorance about football within these posts. Earlier I mentioned us meeting in the Superbowl intentionally to see if you had any idea what you were talking about. Obviously, you do not. There is no way that we will meet in the SB because we are both in the AFC. So you decided to jump on the KC bandwagon. Good for you. It is too bad that you will never make it to the SB because you have to get past the Titans first. Your OL isn't going to do to much against the best DL in the league and you are going to need more than a decent defense to stop the NFL's top ranked passer who just so happens to be the best scrambling QB(until Vick comes back anyway) in the league. Like I said before, we are well balanced and you are not. I just love bandwagon jumpers.

And you show your own stupidity by the first line in your post. You didn't say MEET in the SB, you said "we will probably be seeing you in Houston in January" implying that you would be seeing us as SPECTATORS. Don't bash me because you can't post your intent clearly. For your information, I have been a Chiefs fan since the 60's. Also, please tell me how we are not "well balanced" as you said. This ought to be entertaining.

War Chief
11-14-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by harmonkoz
Chief, you guys may be all that. However much like the Dolphins, you have your own demons to overcome in the postseason.

While Dick Vermeil is a great coach, I am not sure if he is great enough to overcome that habitual postseason choke that Schottenheimer put in place many years ago. Much like the Dolphins, the Queefs are expected to choke in the postseason.

:harm:

I truly hope that people keep doubting us. It keeps the players focused and hungry. Marge Schott left a bad taste in many fans mouths during his tenure but he doesn't coach us anymore. Thank God. Vermeil has done a magnificent job and he has a quality Chokenheimer never posessed.....he know how to win in the post season.

Mr. Titan
11-14-2003, 12:38 PM
You knew what the hell I meant and you said it all yourself. You only have a decent defense. A decent defense can not stop a bad *** offense. Sure the Chiefs have a good offense but we have a good defense to stop them. C-ya Mr. Bandwagon

harmonkoz
11-14-2003, 12:44 PM
I beg to differ... First of all a decent defense CAN beat a bad *** offense, if the decent defense has an offense that is a bigger bad ***.

Second of all. The Titans have anything but a bad a$$ offense. Shut down McNair and what do you have? Jack $hit, that is what. Eddie George is old and washed up, no longer a franchise back, as the season gets longer he gets older.

Many teams have shown in the past how to shut down McNair.

harmonkoz
11-14-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by War Chief

I truly hope that people keep doubting us. It keeps the players focused and hungry. Marge Schott left a bad taste in many fans mouths during his tenure but he doesn't coach us anymore. Thank God. Vermeil has done a magnificent job and he has a quality Chokenheimer never posessed.....he know how to win in the post season.

Good old Marty Chokenheimer. Have not heard that one for a while. Both of my older brothers are die-hard Queefs fans.

I hear you, still a lot of ball left to play Chief. We will see how it all pans out. I don't think you need to worry about the Titans.

War Chief
11-14-2003, 12:50 PM
I beg to differ... First of all a decent defense CAN beat a bad *** offense, if the decent defense has an offense that is a bigger bad ***.

Second of all. The Titans have anything but a bad a$$ offense. Shut down McNair and what do you have? Jack $hit, that is what. Eddie George is old and washed up, no longer a franchise back, as the season gets longer he gets older.

Many teams have shown in the past how to shut down McNair.

Good point. He seems to forget that we whipped the stuffin out of the Flaming Thumbtacks the last time we met in Arrowhead and did it with a far worse team than we have now. Middle of the road defenses have been SB champs in recent memory. The Donkeys come to mind. And guess who their defensive coordinator was? Greg Robinson, our current D coord. The Donks and Rams won the SB with a potent offense and a decent D.

War Chief
11-14-2003, 12:52 PM

Good old Marty Chokenheimer. Have not heard that one for a while. Both of my older brothers are die-hard Queefs fans.

I hear you, still a lot of ball left to play Chief. We will see how it all pans out. I don't think you need to worry about the Titans.

For now, I just want to clinch the division. That means taking care of business in Cinci, and then at home against the Faiders. If we win our next 2, we pretty much have the division sewed up since we have a 4 game lead on the Donks of Denial.

Pagan
11-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Isn't this cute.....A Titans fan, a Chiefs fan and a Bills fan all having an argument.....on a Dolphins message board.

Hoo boy....somebody order a life at this table? :lol:

harmonkoz
11-14-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Pagan
Isn't this cute.....A Titans fan, a Chiefs fan and a Bills fan all having an argument.....on a Dolphins message board.

Hoo boy....somebody order a life at this table? :lol:

...With a cheese dicked Fin fan throwing his peanuts in from the gallery.

:chuckle:

:monkeyr: :dolphin:

Pagan
11-14-2003, 04:45 PM
:mrt: